Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 20, 2012 9:16 PM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
This thread is a lot more peaceful and soothing compared to the forums in Japan (such things do happen). In Japan just because the food cooked by Sorata was changed from the congee in the LN to a Korean dish, the nationalists kicked up big fusses in all those forums and even wrote a bunch of 1-star review in Amazon for the BD vol.1

Such overreacting nationalism so vocal in Japanese internet is the one thing I really hate to see there. I really doubt how many of those ranters were following the anime. They seem to just flock to wherever they can rant against perceived enemies like Korea and China.
Oh really? I was not aware of that.

Well who cares, their stupidity, stress over it and moronic attitude shall be thee end of them.

Watch as both blow up in cinders over their wrath that blinds them over trivial matters. To the saddest of both being extinct.

For a food change of this episode, none of those races deserve to live. Both need to get along or ultimately kill themselves is what my IMO of this.
You sure know how to liven up an old thread.

I'm guessing you were bored.
Nov 20, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
AiCon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
This thread is a lot more peaceful and soothing compared to the forums in Japan (such things do happen). In Japan just because the food cooked by Sorata was changed from the congee in the LN to a Korean dish, the nationalists kicked up big fusses in all those forums and even wrote a bunch of 1-star review in Amazon for the BD vol.1

Such overreacting nationalism so vocal in Japanese internet is the one thing I really hate to see there. I really doubt how many of those ranters were following the anime. They seem to just flock to wherever they can rant against perceived enemies like Korea and China.

Well who cares, their stupidity, stress over it and moronic attitude shall be thee end of them.

Watch as both blow up in cinders over their wrath that blinds them over trivial matters. To the saddest of both being extinct.

For a food change of this episode, none of those races deserve to live. Both need to get along or ultimately kill themselves is what my IMO of this.

Not at all but I completely missed out on this stuff. The reaction will lead to total destruction eventually. It should be better off as getting along.

First why the heck would you lose your life over this shit pile of ideology?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 20, 2012 9:32 PM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
AiCon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:

Not at all but I completely missed out on this stuff. The reaction will lead to total destruction eventually. It should be better off as getting along.

It's not so much ideology as it is the perception of foreigners taking over you country. Take a look at my discussion with symbv. A large group of Japanese very resentful of K-pop and Korean shows being so popular in Japan and are also resentful of Korea holding a bunch of island they consider to be Japanese.

Add the fact that the Koreans built a coast guard base there, the Korean president visited the island and they hold annual military exercises to prevent a "foreign power" from taking the islands back and you get an idea why the nationalist see the "soup controversy" as just another invasion of Japan by Korea.
Nov 20, 2012 9:44 PM

Oct 2010
AiCon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AiCon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:

It's not so much ideology as it is the perception of foreigners taking over you country. Take a look at my discussion with symbv. A large group of Japanese very resentful of K-pop and Korean shows being so popular in Japan and are also resentful of Korea holding a bunch of island they consider to be Japanese.
Looking from the point of this episode, I think melding that ideology in over such a change is ridiculous as a small matter.
AiCon said:
Add the fact that the Koreans built a coast guard base there, the Korean president visited the island and they hold annual military exercises to prevent a "foreign power" from taking the islands back and you get an idea why the nationalist see the "soup controversy" as just another invasion of Japan by Korea.
That's funny because there was collaborations over shows like this with Korea as a unification thing, guess that is all in water now.

Too bad cause I saw shows like this with Korean collaborations and it was not half bad at all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 20, 2012 10:00 PM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
AiCon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AiCon said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Looking from the point of this episode, I think melding that ideology in over such a change is ridiculous as a small matter.
I doubt that anyone would argue with you over that. It's apparently a small segment of their population (the nationalists) who protest all over Japan, campaign in front of the networks that air the shows and flood the internet with that stuff. As I've stated above, they see it as an invasion.

Oh, and apparently J-pop and Japanese shows aren't that popular in Korea (mainly due to Korean colonization resentments during and before WW2) as Korean media is in Japan, which might explain some of that resentment as well.
Yumekichi11 said:
AiCon said:
That's funny because there was collaborations over shows like this with Korea as a unification thing, guess that is all in water now.

Too bad cause I saw shows like this with Korean collaborations and it was not half bad at all.
Studios collaborate all the time since I hear there's a shortage of qualified artists in Japan and it's cheaper there. To someone who doesn't pay attention the animation part of a show, it's really unnoticeable and doesn't look like it was made in Korea at all.

Everything was apparently dying down when the Korean president decided to visit those islands and proclaim them "Korean Territory". That really pissed off many in Japan who see those islands as stolen by Korea and there's been a back-and-forth ever since over who's islands they really are.

To make matters worse, Japan and China had their own island dispute around the same time with China sending a bunch of ships again and again to "reclaim" their territory.
IconicNov 20, 2012 10:13 PM
Nov 21, 2012 1:47 PM

May 2012
Well I cried. Not sure if I was supposed to though.
Nov 23, 2012 3:04 AM

May 2010
A girl who cant do something for her self and vice versea.......... just ask for help sheesh.
Nov 24, 2012 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
Well, it was inevitable that her body would give out from exhaustion. Nanami has her own issues to sort out, just like everybody else. I do like how nobody is perfect in this show.

Glad that's dealt with. I already liked Nanami from the start, but this episode made me like her even more. I thought she was really moe during that drama scene in the rain. My support still goes to Nanami!

It would be nice too if Mashiro and Nanami would eventually become the best of friends. Or even as close as sisters.

Also, lol at Jin for copping a feel on Chihiro-sensei off-screen while they were executing "the operation".

Keep up the good episodes. This show has been exceeding my expectations for 6 episodes now.
Nov 24, 2012 6:56 AM
Jun 2009
This was my favorite episode. :3 A dramatic one after the comedy. And the drama was well made too well. :3
Dec 4, 2012 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
very good series agin
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 15, 2012 12:28 PM
Jul 2012
Aoyama should of stay home...... Sigh. Quite stupid she tried to go when, she had a fever
3/5
LegendGoldDarkDec 15, 2012 12:31 PM
Dec 15, 2012 4:43 PM

Aug 2011
Can an episode preview get any more awesome?
Dec 19, 2012 1:34 AM

Sep 2012
oh my. wasnt that funny tbh :/
Dec 19, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
I'm a bit confused. What exactly was the reason that Aoyama decided it's ok to start relying on others from now on? If someone can answer this I'd really appreciate it.
Dec 21, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
ROFL at the plushie talking
omg, she's so moe
Jan 7, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2012
Really Nobody else noticed!!??
Feb 14, 2013 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
No one pointed out the Terminator 2 Theme Song thing the little sister does?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XblVVbqIHU
Feb 26, 2013 7:25 AM

Jun 2011
11minutes in, and I gotta say, she reaps what she sows.

Edit : 12minutes 42seconds in, and I feel like I am watching a bunch of 7 years old kids.

Edit : 16minutes in, yeah, serves you right!

There is no likeable character in this series for me, except for the slightly likeable Misaki-senpai..

Edit :
GaryFrost said:
I'm a bit confused. What exactly was the reason that Aoyama decided it's ok to start relying on others from now on? If someone can answer this I'd really appreciate it.

It's either she learnt her lesson, or it's a bad writing of the author's part. I'd believe it's the latter, reason is, she changes way too much. Before she even went as far as to quarrel with her friend/crush(?) just because she doesn't want to rely on others, and now she seems to accept that so easily.. While the comedy is good, this series is nothing compare to Toradora. In fact, the only good part of this series is the comedy..
ToG25thBaamFeb 26, 2013 7:47 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 9, 2013 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode tbh, probably because it was realistic. You just can't do shit when you have a fever, period. Hopefully this gets even better soon!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 31, 2013 12:44 AM

Sep 2011
belatkuro said:
I'm still rooting for her even if the rules say she won't win. Go Nanami!

Both Nanami and Mashiro are really good choices. I wouldn't be against either of them winning. =p
Apr 9, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2012
Nanami just leveled up on me... :)
Mashiro! LOL
May 9, 2013 9:55 AM
Nov 2012
So sad of what happened to Aoyama but it was nice how Mashiro was with her the whole time. Really a nice episode, worth the watch.
May 9, 2013 3:04 PM

May 2012
Poor Nanami, I do hope she might still have a chance in the voice acting world, and that by pushing her self to her limits not destroyed her chance to become one! Shiina feeling guilty for what happened to her was pretty sweet especially that ending! Lets see what's next, quite a touching episode!
Jun 6, 2013 6:58 AM

Sep 2011
Nanami got a little better in my eyes, but she still has no chance against Mashiro in my eyes.

Mashiro was really cute feeling guilty and wanting to help Nanami :)
Jul 10, 2013 6:37 AM

May 2013
Aww, poor Nanami, overworking herself and all, but it was a good episode. Seeing is sister in the next ep?
Aug 30, 2013 11:07 PM

Nov 2009
Sucks that that happened after all of that work, but it was bound to happen if she is literally doing everything 24/7.
Nov 12, 2013 5:13 PM

Aug 2013
God Aoyama wants to fuck Kanda so bad.
Jan 14, 2014 11:50 PM

Jan 2008
I feel bad for Misaki I hope Jin n her end up together clearly they both like each other but I dont know what it is why Jin wont get with her

@ShinoAsada yes I totally agree with that statement about the so called friend from the school

great episode though. one of the best so far even thought Aoyama isnt my favorite it still doesnt change my opinion on the couple though.
Jan 20, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
-man tears FTW

-at least this series shows the characters failing. almost 95% of all animes have the characters always succeeding/winning at what they do with little effort, which is very cliche and overdone tbh.

-listening to nanami wanting to be acknowledged for her work made me cry man tears. i actually need tissues for this series.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 20, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, that preview was way too cute and cool. xD

It was a cute and touching episode.

Nanami couldn't keep the beat of course, with all she had to do at the same time, it was just too much.

Black bro-cat helping is master to make a decision :P

It was really a beautiful scene when Sorata was holding Nanami under the rain.

It was hilarious when he came into the room and she was talking to herself xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 21, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
So many cute and touching moments through out this episode. Good to see Mashiro and Nanami become good friends :)
May 14, 2014 8:54 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Poor Nanami got a fever for doing Mashiro Duty. Shiina feels responsible because she can't do her stuff so Nanami hos to help Shiina.

That preview for next episode, so kawaii ^^

May 27, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode since far,loved so much episode,now finally the things are going in a good way :DD yeeey
Poor Nanami being sick and still going to that studio,even thought she failed :/ Shiina was worried about her :( I'm so happy to see Nanami & Shiina together like good friends.I hope that Jin and Misaki will end up together,i hope he won't change to Osaka :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 4, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2014
Shiina, is actually one hell of an ambitious girl, don't take her lightly as an aloof character. Decent episode, gave insight on Nanami's life, really felt there was good characterization in this episode.

4/5
Jun 15, 2014 1:44 AM
Aug 2013
what did they mean about believing in waiting for your fifteen minutes?
Jun 25, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
belatkuro said:
Did they really have her proceed in the performance? I know she worked hard for that but pushing a sick person was kinda... At least Mashiro is aware that it's partly her fault. Maybe this would make her do her own chores. Or not since the story might change if she were to stop relying on Sorata.
Aoyama has her share of faults in this too I guess. Pushing herself this hard. It's all good I guess in the end of the episode. Her blushing and Kansai-ben is really cute. Plus using her tiger pillow to talk to herself. I'm still rooting for her even if the rules say she won't win. Go Nanami!
Not much in the comedy but an emotional and great episode...

^ Couldn't have said it better myself!
Aug 6, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode for now.
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 7, 2014 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
I am loving this anime!! This was a very good episode, the way this person put it is spot on:

minouneetzoe said:
It was a cute and touching episode.

I feel bad for Misaki, I hope she gets together with Jin. And I really felt for Nanami this ep, too.

But yeah, I wanna mention that I love all of the characters. Especially the females: Mashiro, Nanami, and Misaki :3 They're all adorable in their own ways. I also want to say that Misaki is INCREDIBLY hot! XD
Nov 24, 2014 6:37 PM

Jun 2014
Honestly if I was Nanami I would have blew a fuse on Shiina. Working so many jobs, then taking on the Mashiro Duty, then getting a fever on the important date.

Mar 8, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
I want to like this show, and while it's not bad, it's just so different than what I'd prefer. The drama bits are coming in way too early, at least for me. I'd expect these things to start showing up in the second half, at least after the characters have had enough time to get established. When doing drama this early, it's hard to pull off without explanations, and as such, everything is being told rather than shown. The show outright tells the viewer how to feel, and everything preceding that seem to try and wring out any bit of emotional investment from the viewer.

This would have worked better if we had more time to get emotionally attached to the characters, but this is barely the 1/4 mark of the show. At this point, the characters are still walking gimmicks with emotional burdens, but I only know that because they've been pointed out so much within the past few episodes. It doesn't help that it switches back and forth between drama and comedy so fast, making the show feel really insincere about it all. If the show outright tells me what's going on and how to feel, then it wouldn't be a conclusion I came to myself. It's all far too transparent.

That being said, my complaints are due to liking more slow-paced shows that take their time with themselves, rather than rushing haphazardly as Sakurasou is doing. I do appreciate the fast comedy, just as I appreciate that it's trying so desperately to make us feel sympathetic to the characters. So far, this feels like it should have been a 12 or 13 episode show. I'm not sure how this is supposed to go on for a full 24, but I'm hoping for the best.
Mar 21, 2015 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
I really hate Aoyama at this point. Not only is she extremely annoying with her attitude, with her stupid drama and her awkward affection towards Sorata, but she also feels like a major third wheel between Sorata and Mashiro.

She can go fuck herself.
HandsomeManMar 21, 2015 11:57 AM
Apr 21, 2015 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
cliche but me gusta

mashiro is back in the hands of sorata <3

dat preview...

new challenger! sorata' sister yuuko joins the brawl?
May 11, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2014
Seriously, Nanami is so kawaii talking with her Toradora reference like that. Er, I mean, ha, no that tiger doll is nothing like the Taiga Tiger.

xP Either way, great episode. The hard work didn't pay off here, but at the same time it ended up for the better. Lessons have been learned.

Aaaand incoming imouto. I'm sure she won't be annoying at aaaall. =p
Aug 21, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
Development for Nanami! She's finally learning to rely on others a bit more. Her talking to her stuffed animal was cute :)
Aug 22, 2015 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
So... basically Nanami is a character who's only purpose in the story is to suffer?

This is not exactly a harem type anime, so the MC won't win all the girls. And most romance type anime #1 rule is that #1 girl always win, which in this case Mashiro.

Damn Nanami... I feel bad for you.

Aug 31, 2015 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:

lmao
Sep 11, 2015 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
Good we finally have Sorata back on Mashiro-Duty, was about time. I like their interactions way more, Nanami is only interesting when interacting with Sorata.
Oct 18, 2015 8:19 AM

Jun 2015
[size=90]well this was bound to happen...
i liked how understanding Mashiro was, she knows Aoyama's efforts would be for nothing if she didn't attend the play

that was embarrassing hahaha >////>

Jun 17, 2016 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
So good. ♥

Amazing episode. I feel so bad for Nanami. She's really trying hard but she's pressuring herself too much, so she gets sick. She finally lets it all out. I love the rain scene. Sorata is great in giving words of wisdom.

Jin is hilarious. LOL.

Nice manga debut. Congrats, Mashiro!
Jul 23, 2016 8:55 PM

Feb 2014
Kansai-ben FTW i wish there were more girls with it in anime.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.