Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2012 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
According to Comic Natalie, a new OVA of Nurarihyon no Mago was announced to be released on March 4, 2013. It will be bundled with the final volume of the comic book. The OVA will reveal the story of how young Nurarihyon established Nura Clan.

Key visual of the OVA

The 24th volume of the comic book was also announced to carry an OVA. It will be released on December 4th.

Source: Comic Natalie
NaruleachDec 16, 2012 3:25 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 12, 2012 7:59 AM

Sep 2012
No more 3rd season that's for sure.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2012 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

Are you just neing a pessimist, or do you have some valid reason for stating that?
Nov 12, 2012 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Togetokage said:
symbv said:

Are you just neing a pessimist, or do you have some valid reason for stating that?

When they start going the OVA route, its essentially a message the TV show is done 9 out of 10 times.

Not like the show actually sold well or anything so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Nov 12, 2012 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
Togetokage said:
symbv said:

BD/DVD sales is a lot worse than expected.The decision of having a 2nd season appeared to have been made before 1st season ended, but now even the manga is ending (because of being at the lowest tier of readers' poll) so even the incentive of boosting manga sales by doing a TV anime adaptation has limited appeal. Making a OVA to boost the sales of one manga volume is much cheaper and easier to do than making a whole season of TV series.

Not saying it will be 100% impossible. Miracles like Level E do sometimes happen.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2012 8:32 AM

Aug 2010
YES!! Thank you!! Would love to see more of young Nurarihyon!

I was hoping for a season 3 but it does not look like there'll be one, especially seeing how the manga has already ended (axed?). I don't know why it's not selling, I thought it was quite popular? But I suppose with the readers' poll thing it is not as popular as the other titles in Japan. The first season of the anime was really bad (in my opinion), but the second season was far more awesome than the first one!
blue-yNov 12, 2012 11:06 AM
Nov 12, 2012 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Togetokage said:
symbv said:

When they start going the OVA route, its essentially a message the TV show is done 9 out of 10 times.

not necciserily Highschool dxd had an OVA announced and it's getting a second season. But i still understand what you mean.
Nov 12, 2012 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
The anime sold badly? Hmm..too bad. The first season really was unimpressive but the second season was nice. Of course that was mainly because of Mamiko Noto and her villain character.
Nov 12, 2012 8:52 AM

Apr 2010
Monad said:
The anime sold badly? Hmm..too bad. The first season really was unimpressive but the second season was nice. Of course that was mainly because of Mamiko Noto and her villain character.

First season wasn't a terrible seller... it averaged about 4k, when 3k is generally when you start seeing profit. It fell off quite a bit in the 2nd season though, only averaging about 2.5k. If they made a third season, it would likely only sell about 1.5k or so which wouldn't be worth it, especially since the manga is over so they can't use it to promote manga sales.

http://dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E3%81%AC%E3%82%89%E3%82%8A%E3%81%B2%E3%82%87%E3%82%93%E3%81%AE%E5%AD%AB?sid=64d778040154cd6fa2199ad3ebb32191

Nov 12, 2012 9:01 AM
Mar 2010
symbv said:

BD/DVD sales is a lot worse than expected.The decision of having a 2nd season appeared to have been made before 1st season ended, but now even the manga is ending (because of being at the lowest tier of readers' poll) so even the incentive of boosting manga sales by doing a TV anime adaptation has limited appeal. Making a OVA to boost the sales of one manga volume is much cheaper and easier to do than making a whole season of TV series.

Not saying it will be 100% impossible. Miracles like Level E do sometimes happen.

I don't exactly agree. While rankings are important for a shonen jump manga, it does not exactly apply to Nura. If rankings are all that matters, Nura should have been cancelled 150 chapters back as it was doing extremely badly in rankings even then.
It makes no sense to wait for this long.
From the first volume, Nura's tank sales were excellent for a new manga. Even now, it sells nearly 300k. Like how Bakuman used to sell.
If rankings only mattered, Bleach would be cancelled as well....but for half a year, it has had bad rankings, reaching bottom place many times and still not cancelled because of excellent tank sales.
If they really cancelled it, why dedicate 3 whole chapters, with 70 pages full color and extra long third chapter in Jump NEXT?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 12, 2012 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
The boy with glasses on the art cover looks dire
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Nov 12, 2012 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
BoaCC said:
The boy with glasses on the art cover looks dire

Don't judge a book by its cover ! [kidding]

I also think there will be no season 3 . looking forward for OVA.
Nov 12, 2012 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
shame to go here and see that there is little chance of a third season. :(

Nov 12, 2012 9:34 AM

Mar 2011
I don't give a crap about OVA but give us third season.
Nov 12, 2012 9:41 AM

Feb 2010
Never even finished the second season, guess I'll pick it up later.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 12, 2012 9:58 AM

Feb 2009
I presume the first one is the flashback arc in the manga about Rihan leading to Hyakku Monogatari arc while this new one is about Grandpa Nura which isn't in the manga as far as I can remember. Cool.
Still butthurt about this getting transferred to NEXT and having to end it there.
Guess having decent sales isn't really a guarantee for staying in Jump even if it was ranking poorly in polls. It was one of the bestselling manga in 2010 IIRC. Oh well.
A third season...is highly unlikely given the past season's sales. One can only hope.
Nov 12, 2012 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
I don't exactly agree. While rankings are important for a shonen jump manga, it does not exactly apply to Nura. If rankings are all that matters, Nura should have been cancelled 150 chapters back as it was doing extremely badly in rankings even then.
It makes no sense to wait for this long.
Rumor is that Nura was given a "final boost" with the anime and as the anime also flopped Nura got the chop (after some observation period).

phoenixalia said:
If rankings only mattered, Bleach would be cancelled as well....but for half a year, it has had bad rankings, reaching bottom place many times and still not cancelled because of excellent tank sales.
If they really cancelled it, why dedicate 3 whole chapters, with 70 pages full color and extra long third chapter in Jump NEXT?
The rumor is that Bleach is near it last hurrah. Jump is in a dilemma for such a loooong running series and is of two minds of what to do with it. Apparently the decision is to give it a big push and see how it goes. Unlike series with shorter history, Bleach is still thought to carry some brand value so Jump is hesitant to chop it straight away -- it may think that the long slump can be partly due to its long history and lack of push.

Nov 12, 2012 11:16 AM

Mar 2011
Shonen Jump is a sh*t bcs if manga is not popular instant cancelation.Maybe Bleach is not selling well in Japan but in America is like a new baked bread.
Nov 12, 2012 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
Never knew the series was aired in 2010... might start watching it sooner or later.
Nov 12, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
animeruler1 said:
RyanSaotome said:
Togetokage said:
symbv said:

not necciserily Highschool dxd had an OVA announced and it's getting a second season. But i still understand what you mean.

Exception is that Highschool DxD actually sold Okay.
Nov 12, 2012 3:11 PM

Jun 2010
Im still sad the Manga just ended abruptly.
Nov 12, 2012 4:29 PM

May 2011
It's better than nothing.
Nov 12, 2012 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
Wooo~~, the more the merrier!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 12, 2012 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
i must say that i kinda saw that coming and that i will give it a try too
Nov 12, 2012 10:17 PM

Aug 2011
Need а season 3.
Nov 13, 2012 5:23 AM

Jul 2008
belatkuro said:
I presume the first one is the flashback arc in the manga about Rihan leading to Hyakku Monogatari arc while this new one is about Grandpa Nura which isn't in the manga as far as I can remember. Cool.

First one is also original actually. It seems to follow Rihan's life since his childhood up till World War 2 at least, and adds some new characters as well as expands on Yamabuki Otome and Yuki Onna family.
Nov 13, 2012 5:38 AM

Apr 2012
It needs a season 3...

An OVA is okay, but I want a season 3 afterwards D:.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 13, 2012 9:12 AM

Aug 2011
Immahnoob said:
It needs a season 3...

We all do :D
Nov 13, 2012 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
Zubo said:
Immahnoob said:
It needs a season 3...

Yeah hopefully after ova there will be a season 3 :)

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Nov 13, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2009
symbv said:

I wonder if they'll make a second season o.o I really enjoyed the first one
Nov 18, 2012 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
Another OVA is appreciated but would have liked Nurarihyon no mago to have a 3rd season. :D
Dec 6, 2012 4:25 AM

Jan 2008
Even still this OVA is something to look forward.
Dec 6, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
Koolman511 said:
Zubo said:
Immahnoob said:
It needs a season 3...

Yeah hopefully after ova there will be a season 3 :)

Yup i would like to see a season 3 too. well i guess OVA will do for now.
Dec 8, 2012 11:40 AM
Jun 2009
dtshyk said:
According to Comic Natalie, a new OVA of Nurarihyon no Mago was announced to be released on March 4th 2013. It will be bundled with the final volume of the comic book. The OVA will reveal the story of how young Nurarihyon established Nura Clan.

YAY! I had always wondered about this. Didn't get enough from the 2 seasons of the anime.
Dec 17, 2012 7:02 AM

Dec 2012
It will be bad if there is no season 3, i mean come on, I would love to watch how rikuo would lead to clan to fight off abe no seimei and how ohmyouji and youkais can cast off their on difference to cooperate and kill off the evil character.

One bad side to japan manga is that, sure I do love reading manga and all, but I tend to borrow it from the library if they offer them or buy them if they are offered in singapore.

Anyways, rather than reading manga, I prefer to watch animes as characters come to life, so yeah, while ratings could be simply be done in japan, it will not be a good sample size, to gauge a popularity of anime, i believe stratified sampling have to be done not just in japan but the world. yeah.
Jan 14, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
Rather unfortunate that the series has done poorly, it was much better written than most of the SJ crap nowadays. I haven't found chapter 210 yet but I hope it provides an adequate conclusion, and I think at this point Nura is still capable of that. A season 3 would be nice, but one can only dream.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
45 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.