Forum Settings
Forums

how many of you guys always leave your laptop on overnight?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 8, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2015
Only if I half to, There's been times when my laptop has been updating before and it was installing a massive update and I just had to leave it on and plugged in which I hate doing because once it had the update installed it would shut off the laptop but it would still be plugged in but if a laptop stays plugged into too much it can ruin the battery but I would rather have that than half to worry about the Operating System getting corrupted because it shut down in the middle of an update due to the battery dying. My old laptop had the battery get really bad on it, the battery would only last 18 minutes but it was a 5 year old laptop, the video card died in it anyway so I just got a new one which has around a 2-2 1/2 hour battery life because it's a budget laptop and I would prefer to keep the battery on it good for as long as possible.

On my old laptop I had to run a system repair or something once or twice and I had to keep it on for 24 hours. Another time I manually defragged the hard drive so I had to keep it on for that (and for some reason after I defragged it, it ran twice as slow, I'm not sure why I though maybe it defragged it wrong or something, I was afraid to try again though as I was afraid that I would make it even slower).

I've kept my laptop on all night when virus scanning before, I don't virus scan that often now though as I delete my cookies often and the virus scanners almost never find anything because I don't click on a bunch of stupid advertisements and stuff.

My family has a desktop PC which we just keep on all the time, Sometimes I will restart it to help clear the RAM out and though.

I usually turn off my laptop when I'm not using it unless it's only going to be an hour or so until I use it again, then I will just close it and put in it sleep mode and then I will unplug it as sleep mode uses very little power.

I would turn my old one off more often though as it would overheat sometimes (It would run between 75 C-100 C), I finally blew some compressed air into it and it was like a dust storm! It didn't overheat after that, I hadn't done it earlier because I had done it a year or so ago and there wasn't much dust in it and I didn't keep it in a dusty area but somehow over a year it got a ton of dust in it, that may have damaged my video card but the laptop was 5 years old anyway.
MattKitsune96Apr 8, 2016 12:45 PM
Apr 9, 2016 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
I don't leave my laptop on overnight unless I'm downloading since my internet is horrifying. But that rare though. I only really DL games and some videos on the off chance. x
Apr 9, 2016 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
I always turn my laptop off, its just is a habit for me, and it also means it won't be dead and have to be charged when I wake up.
Apr 9, 2016 9:34 PM

May 2012
When I was younger, I used to leave my laptop and desktop on overnight ALL the time. Mostly because I afk'd in games, set up shop in MMO's, or just knocked out while playing. It was a pretty bad habit, so now turn it off whenever I'm not using it. Well, most the time anyway lol

Apr 9, 2016 10:00 PM

Feb 2016
Standby mode and then auto shutdown after 5 hours.
Apr 9, 2016 10:26 PM

Aug 2014
I accidentally do that with my PC sometimes; hell, I've even forgotten to log off from a forum like this one before.
Apr 9, 2016 10:58 PM

Nov 2014
My desktop is never shut off except for when i am gone for long periods of time (days) or i am doing maintenance on it or cleaning, other than that it stays on, i have been that way since the 90's.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
41 minutes ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 3 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
1 hour ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
11 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.