New
Nov 11, 2012 8:20 AM

Sep 2012

Now THAT's a trailer. Bravo Square.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2012 8:24 AM

Jan 2010
I was there when the servers went down, and I saw the live event later.
Really exciting stuff, can't wait to see if I got into the beta. :)
Nov 11, 2012 8:25 AM

Sep 2011
I have a few friends that vouch the game hasnt been bad for a while now, they pretty much remade the game and the only thing really holding the game back is something out of their control which is not enough people play it, ill personally never play it because mmo's just dont reach me, like ill always lose interest very fast so im a part of that problem

of course i can always appreciate square enix CGI, its always a blast to watch, also the ost for this game is godly as hell like everything nobuo composed......aside from FF8's soundtrack, that had like 2 good tracks on it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 11, 2012 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I have a few friends that vouch the game hasnt been bad for a while now, they pretty much remade the game and the only thing really holding the game back is something out of their control which is not enough people play it, ill personally never play it because mmo's just dont reach me, like ill always lose interest very fast so im a part of that problem

of course i can always appreciate square enix CGI, its always a blast to watch, also the ost for this game is godly as hell like everything nobuo composed......aside from FF8's soundtrack, that had like 2 good tracks on it

This is the remake of XIV. Today was the last day of the original, as they shut everything down. The alpha of a realm reborn should start soon.

New graphics engine, new server structure, new interface, new race/sex combinations, entire new sections of game play, etc. It's basically a whole new game separated from the mess of the original XIV, lead under a new dev team and producer.

Nov 11, 2012 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
Certainly a great cinematic. Seems almost like they'd be better off making a movie rather than an MMORPG.
Nov 11, 2012 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
Shiveron said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

This is the remake of XIV. Today was the last day of the original, as they shut everything down. The alpha of a realm reborn should start soon.

New graphics engine, new server structure, new interface, new race/sex combinations, entire new sections of game play, etc. It's basically a whole new game separated from the mess of the original XIV, lead under a new dev team and producer.
please tell me they kept the music though.
Sephiex said:
Certainly a great cinematic. Seems almost like they'd be better off making a movie rather than an MMORPG.
well they have made 2 movies, 1 sucked balls the other was fucking awesome

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 11, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Shiveron said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

please tell me they kept the music though.
Sephiex said:

I'm not sure if they're reusing the exact same music, but Nobuo Uematsu is still doing the music so i'm sure it will be god tier regardless.

Nov 11, 2012 8:48 AM

Mar 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I was one of the few who actually liked The Spirits Within.
Nov 11, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2011
Sephiex said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

i like the cgi aspect of it, thats about it. Though i do think the complaint that it has nothing to do with FF is pretty stupid seeing how no FF's have to do with eachother aside from numbered sequels, 12 and tactics, and 2 and 4.
Shiveron said:

I'm not sure if they're reusing the exact same music, but Nobuo Uematsu is still doing the music so i'm sure it will be god tier regardless.
Ok good, I still think nobuo should work with the guy who composed XIII again, cause when they collabed in FFX they made like the best soundtrack

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 11, 2012 9:03 AM

Sep 2012
Sephiex said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I liked it too, but it was hardly in any way relevant to anything else in the final fantasy series. It should have just been called spirits within or something like that.

Some fun facts about that movie actually:
It was the first full length film ever made with CGI
It took nearly 200 machines running over 900 pentium 3 cpu's approximately 90 minutes per frame to render 142,000 frames
The combined man-power that went into making the movie, equaled nearly 120 years.
Even though it was made by Square in Japan, the movie was actually made in English, not Japanese.
Though the characters in the film are CGI, the backgrounds used in the movie were actually all hand painted.
This film is actually the one that shut down Square Pictures as a movie studio. Costing $137,000,000 to make and grossing $85,000,000 in theatres around the world, the studio shut down. Advent Children's production, even though made and directed by Square, was done by Sony Pictures intl.

Nov 11, 2012 3:17 PM

Jan 2008
The end of Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 era.

And begins a new one.

I'll be honest, I have never touched XIV but I might try out A Realm Reborn.
PaulJun 2, 2013 6:22 PM
Nov 11, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2011
So XIV is going to be an online game? Fuck that.

Also, I heard they're making a 13-3 or some shit like that because after I beat 13-2 it said TO BE CONTINUED. Square Enix stahp making shit sequels pls. We're all waiting for 10 remake
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Nov 11, 2012 4:50 PM
Jun 2012
icame said:

Also, I heard they're making a 13-3 or some shit like that because after I beat 13-2 it said TO BE CONTINUED. Square Enix stahp making shit sequels pls. We're all waiting for 10 remake

Going to be? FF XIV has been an MMO since it launched in 2010. They keep releasing "shit" sequels because people keep buying them. Also, there is no FF X re-make. It is simply a re-mastered port. I.E. same graphics, same gameplay, same textures rendered in a higher resolution.
Nov 11, 2012 4:56 PM

Jun 2007
icame said:

FFXIV released ages ago - but it was a MASSIVE commercial failure to the point that SE is scrapping it - but because they poured so many resources into it are trying to relaunch it after supposedly huge improvements and changes to the game and pretty much making it an entirely new game, in hopes it'll actually make money instead of run their company into the ground. Even a big company like SE takes a huge hit when something this big fails so horribly. It did even worse than TOR, got the lowest ratings imaginable, every single person who bought it practically dropped it a month or so in, and the playerbase went to record lows for a AAA mmo - barely breaking 12,000 total active users on all servers added together in only a couple months after release.

I have to say, I was one of those deeply disappointed original players but I'm REALLY hoping A Real Reborn fixes everything that made it such an unfun and shitty game. It had so much fucking potential and they wasted it all - I can only hope they took advantage of it now and maybe were finally smart enough to take inspiration from FFXI.

FFXI was a great game (and like 10 years later, still is) and one of the best MMOs out there, so it's amazing they managed to fuck up so bad making a newer one.
TallonKarrde23Nov 11, 2012 5:07 PM
Nov 11, 2012 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
I love the graphics but if it is going to be an online game, then I won't play it especially if it has subscription fees associated with it..
Nov 11, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2011
i played the alpha and closed beta versions of XIV. and it was shit. then when it came out it was still shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2012 9:27 PM

Jan 2008
I haven't kept up with the game or what not but from what I remember, they should be pretty much changing the entire game from XIV 1.0. A Realm Reborn isn't a patch or update, it's a separate game.
Nov 11, 2012 9:27 PM

Aug 2010
Looking forward to A Realm Reborn.
Nov 12, 2012 1:31 AM
Jun 2012
Hexis said:
i played the alpha and closed beta versions of XIV. and it was shit. then when it came out it was still shit.

Which is why they shouldn't have bothered with this overhaul. PC gamers will simply go "Well, it's still FF XIV. I'm not paying for this shit". There are tons of MMO's available on PC. Games that FF XIV realistically can't compete with. SE better hope PS3 gamers throw money at them. After DCUO failed as a P2P console MMO (before going F2P), I doubt XIV will do any better.
Nov 12, 2012 2:11 AM

Jun 2007
I think they are more banking on the idea of getting the most likely of players who originally were interested in FFXIV in the first place. The FFXI fans and players, regardless if they stopped playing ages ago or still do. If ARR ends up being more like FFXI than FFXIV it'll already get that...sadly, from the leaked pics, official pics, and videos - it's looking like FFXIV with lower graphics than it had up to now with WoW bullshit cluttering the screen. And from the information they've given - it sounds like FFXIV all over again with none of the BIG problems written out or fixed.

Which brings another key demographic, casuals and WoW fans, which they are hoping to bring in even more than they hoped they would with the original release. The shitty HUD pleases both and the shittier graphics EVEN AT MAX caters to them as well - one of the main reasons WoW ever got popular while older and much better MMOs didn't was due to them being too hard to run (much like FFXI, which was difficult for people to run - however it was a huge success and still is popular for its age).

What's hilarious though is that them CATERING TO THAT DEMOGRAPHIC IN THE FIRST PLACE is what made FFXIV such a massive fuck up. The game was very obviously (and even ADMITTEDLY by the devs) developed for casual players who "only have 30 minutes a day to play". This is an MMO, not a single player game, there should never be an MMO created for people in that situation because that's not who makes up the majority of the people who play these types of games. The majority of people who play MMOs, let alone monthly fee ones, are people who spend hours a day at the very least on the game - many who spend the ENTIRE day EVERY day on the game and for some reason SE decided THOSE guys don't deserve to have fun in their casual game. Problem is - it seems like this is STILL what they are doing with ARR.

It literally FORCED players to play by that casual standard - it was made so you can ONLY play it that way, and it seems like it'll still be the same situation in ARR. Everything in the game had limitations to make sure that if you DID play more than 30 minutes a day you couldn't really do anything. Another problem from the limitations is they caused the community to never really BE a community. People rarely dealt with each other because for SOME reason you got better rewards for soloing shit for the most part - or equal - and why not do it yourself when you'll get more of the battle XP that way? Since the game was made for 30 minute every couple days players, everything has to be simple, easy, and not challenging - because they don't have TIME to wait for a party.

It's such a massive pile of fucking garbage, but I really hope ARR somehow changes it.

One thing worth mentioning is they did say it'll have another free period (though, how would people who don't own the game already try it "free" without pirating it?) and I honestly believe even all of those, including myself, who entirely fucking hate this game and gave up on it and SE ever making another FFXI will actually try it again. The aim to be seeing how fucking awful it STILL is, but if they manage to surprise us then remaking the game will have been a great plan. They put so many resources into making the game originally that it's more affordable to risk all this than to just close the game and trash the entirety of 14, so this was their only plan left. With how desperate they are I'd hope they'd actually listen and fix the things people continually complained about - like EVERYTHING.

That's probably too long for anyone to waste time reading, but whatever.
TallonKarrde23Nov 12, 2012 2:20 AM
Nov 22, 2012 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
From what I've heard from the few guys I know that played FFXIV is that this new version is going to be more like good ol' FFXI but with hopefully some fixes.

I mean I don't understand why they didn't do that from the start and instead went off and changed the game completely backwards. Even if FFXIV was essentially just FFXI with better graphics that still would have been good.

All they needed to do was still follow the good parts of FFXI while trying to improve what it lacked and boom you got a great MMORPG.
If what I hear is hopefully correct and it's more like FFXI though, I'm subscribing to FFXIV ASAP. If it still ends up crap, I'll wait til it fails and they are forced to make it F2P or just scrap the whole damn game.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 22, 2012 8:40 AM
Jun 2012
Ragix said:
wait til it fails and they are forced to make it F2P

Sounds like a plan.
Nov 22, 2012 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
I bought the game a while ago but haven't actually had the chance to play it because my laptop isn't able to run it. I'll be getting a new laptop at the end of November and I'll be able to play it finally (when 2.0 is released anyway). I'm kinda glad I didn't play 1.0 though because from what I've heard from most people, it was terrible.
Jun 2, 2013 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
Well, going to necro the thread if no one minds.

Week old news but:

Siliconera said:

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has a release date. The game will launch worldwide on PC and PlayStation 3 on August 27th. Both a regular and a limited collector’s edition of the game will be available at launch, and Square have announced details for the North American release.

Let’s start with details of the regular edition:
PlayStation 3 (Package) $39.99
Windows (Package) $29.99
Windows (Digital Download) $29.99
PlayStation 3 (Digital Download) Details to be announced later

And now, the limited collector’s edition version pictured above, which will come with a bunch of bonus items included:
PlayStation 3 (Package) $79.99
Windows (Package) $69.99
Windows (Digital Download) $49.99

The collector’s edition will include the following items:

A limited edition box featuring art by Yoshitaka Amano
A Collector’s Edition exclusive box featuring an illustration by famed FINAL FANTASY artist Yoshitaka Amano.

The Art of Eorzea – A Realm Reimagined art book
This art book features a host of artwork made for the development of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn by Art Director Akihiko Yoshida and his team of artists.

The Waning of the Sixth Sun – Bonus Disc
Witness the dawn of the Seventh Umbral Era that brought destruction to the realm of Eorzea… This special video offers a deeper understanding of the world of A Realm Reborn by showcasing the journey that the “Warriors of Light” embarked upon as they headed towards the Seventh Umbral Era.

In-game items
Helm of Light, Coeurl mount, Behemoth-themed Chocobo armour and a Baby Behemoth minion. More details available here.

5 Exclusive Art cards
Five art cards featuring stunning, highly detailed CG art brought to life by Square Enix Visual Works.

The Sounds of Eorzea – Special Soundtrack
This Collector’s Edition exclusive soundtrack features beautiful music from the cities and fields of Limsa Lominsa, Ul’dah and Gridania where many adventurers are sure to spend their time.

Themed Security Token
Rest easy knowing that your Square Enix account is secure with a uniquely designed security token. More details available here.

You can find images of all of the above bonus items on this page. Additionally, if you played Final Fantasy XIV version 1.0, Square recommend reading these links for the U.S. and for Europe.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Launches In August With Collector's Edition | Siliconera

And some vids.

Jun 11, 2013 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
Was just curious about how many of you plan to buy/have bought this game, and/or what your opinions are. I bought FFXIV 1.0 so I'll be getting a free copy, and I've also played in the closed beta. Aside from a few minor things, overall,l I'm quite impressed.

Here is a new trailer they released a couple of hours ago for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnxfrvgdqw
Aug 3, 2013 4:56 AM
Aug 2012
Hey any beta testers got a good idea of how this MMO stacks up against others? It's my first, and considering I will have to make monthly payments, I want to know if there is a better MMO out there worth the monthly payment.
Aug 3, 2013 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
I'll be honest it is pretty fun but I think it carries a lot of fame just in name alone. The classes are simple and it really is the same structure of Tank, DPS, Healer along side timing your skills to keep the enemies in check. I'll admit the gathering classes are interesting, you actually have to "fight" with the target to gain the materials and you can switch jobs just by changing your weapon. They actually made this a lot more casual when compared to FF11. However if your a fan of the series they have plans to actually bring in a lot of references to past games such as Gold Saucer (FF7) and Cloud of Darkness (FF3) as a boss and apparently Lightning(FF13) is confirmed as a side story character.

They will have an open beta in a few weeks so I would take the chance to jump in and try it before hand.
Aug 3, 2013 6:54 AM

Jun 2012
UnknownFoxAlpha said:
I'll be honest it is pretty fun but I think it carries a lot of fame just in name alone. The classes are simple and it really is the same structure of Tank, DPS, Healer along side timing your skills to keep the enemies in check. I'll admit the gathering classes are interesting, you actually have to "fight" with the target to gain the materials and you can switch jobs just by changing your weapon. They actually made this a lot more casual when compared to FF11. However if your a fan of the series they have plans to actually bring in a lot of references to past games such as Gold Saucer (FF7) and Cloud of Darkness (FF3) as a boss and apparently Lightning(FF13) is confirmed as a side story character.

They will have an open beta in a few weeks so I would take the chance to jump in and try it before hand.

I want to try it i really do, first time my pc couldnt run it and now it can i can't be bothered, only because that cutscene at the start kills me, and as far as i know it's unskippable :(
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 3, 2013 7:59 PM

Feb 2009
i played the beta and i thought it was fun. like foxalpha mentioned its similar to other mmos.

i used to be a dedicated wow player and the things that stood out to me were the PUG system (called duty finder in the game) that lets you queue up for parties and the limit break attacks.

the duty finder system made it much easier to find parties whenever i wasn't playing with friends and the limit breaks are tight.

can't really say much other than that since the game is technically still in beta. i'm interested in seeing how PvP plays out since that was all i did in WoW. the developer for FF14 ARR is a top ranked player in the MMO he plays so i'm expecting good things.
Aug 4, 2013 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
Luckily I am glad they decided to keep PvP and PvE as totally separate types of play, granted I got a glimpse at the Fox armor as a PvP reward...may have to suck it up and go for it. I do like the limit breaks but I wish we could have our own personal ones rather than being shared. Granted no where near the strength or efficiency of a party one.
Aug 4, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2009
yeah i like the idea that PvP and PvE are separate which will help balance each side i think.

having individual limit breaks would be nice too since 99% of the time only the DPS uses theirs. had to youtube the tank and healer limit breaks since no one ever uses it.
Aug 4, 2013 9:33 AM
Feb 2013
Beautiful game. My only complaint is that it requires a monthly fee. I don't know if it's confirmed (read this somewhat on IGN, but knowing it is IGN...).
Aug 4, 2013 9:46 AM

Feb 2009
Chocosword said:
Beautiful game. My only complaint is that it requires a monthly fee. I don't know if it's confirmed (read this somewhat on IGN, but knowing it is IGN...).

it is definitely pay to play. $12.99 month for one character and additional cost if you make more than one character on a server (which isn't a real problem for this game as one character can freely change between classes so there is no real incentive to create additional characters other than looks).

i generally would prefer the monthly fee system since it usually means that they will actively maintain the servers and continually add new content, etc.

i feel like if a mmo is free it usually has crappy maintenance or is filled with hackers
Aug 4, 2013 11:01 AM
Aug 2012
I've played the beta since phase 2. I've found it decent, but as repetitive as I imagined a large scale MMORPG would be at the start. I never really got too far, only to lv16 in Phase 2 and Lv 28 in phase 3, so I still don't have a good idea of the potential of MMORPG's. So, I ask the long time MMO players, how does this game stack up against other monthly pay MMO's?
Were your first impressions better?
Aug 4, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2011
im not a fan of mmos ill just have to admit that, i like phantasy star online 2 and thats about it, but i actually had alot of fun playing the beta of this, i dont know if ill pay a monthly subscription to play it but i can say this was a enjoyable game

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 4, 2013 12:24 PM

Feb 2009
Keetriver said:
I've played the beta since phase 2. I've found it decent, but as repetitive as I imagined a large scale MMORPG would be at the start. I never really got too far, only to lv16 in Phase 2 and Lv 28 in phase 3, so I still don't have a good idea of the potential of MMORPG's. So, I ask the long time MMO players, how does this game stack up against other monthly pay MMO's?
Were your first impressions better?

i'd say my first impression of WoW was probably better but that's because there wasn't any other good MMOs out at the time.

this game gave a good impression to me since it fixed some of the things i hated in WoW (i.e., party searching). if it means anything i haven't played a mmo in years after i quit WoW but i'm interested enough in this game to go back.

as for comparison to other MMOs, i think all of them will be pretty much the same. there's nothing earth shattering new in this game vs other MMOs
Aug 19, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
If anyone here is part of/planning to make a pseudo-serious guild (FreeCompany) in this game hit me up. The open beta was actually enjoyable enough for me to pick this up and I'm looking for some like-minded people to play it with on release. I'm EU here but currently have my main on Behemoth NA.
Aug 19, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2011
I'm also one of the people who enjoyed the open beta. After playing Tera, my first impressions of this game was "Boring!", but as I advanced, I started to notice what it lacked in dynamic combat, it made up for with polish and finesse. It is much cleaner, runs much better, and just has a better feel and flow than Tera. Also, I'm a former fanboy of the FF franchise, so it was fun to see and hear the usual sights and sounds. It was very nostalgic, but still fresh. Ever since I quit WoW years ago, I made a point to never subscribe to a game again, but this one is really testing my limits.
Aug 20, 2013 6:13 AM
Sep 2012
I played a fair bit in Phase 3 and 4 of the beta getting to level 29 in phase 3 and two level 20's in phase 4.

It's a pretty good game especially comparing it to it's previous release. Although the only person who can really say that you'll like it is you...in the end.

Dungeons are a bit easy though :/
Sanae: Do you know where Gensokyo's energy comes from?
Reimu: From getting your three square meals a day.
Marisa: And booze!
Aug 28, 2013 2:11 AM

Feb 2013
(Link to the game if you want to get it: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn.php )

I started playing during the early access period and still play it of course. Despite all the technical difficulties I still think it's a great game.

What do you think of the game? How do you like it? Etc. It would be great to hear some feedback that isn't from the official forum.

Servers that I play on:
-Anima
-Moogle
Going to start a MAL free company in ANIMA soon.

(If you want to play with me or need some help regarding the game message me)
YuiLovesUiAug 29, 2013 7:27 AM
わたしはりんごがすきです. あなた は バカ です :3

Aug 28, 2013 2:41 AM

Oct 2011
I have been playing in the beta a bit and it really is another WoW clone.

The game play is super basic; all of the combat in the first 20 levels has involved nothing but mashing 2-3 abilities without any resource (mana, etc) being an issue at all. Some abilities chain or have an added effect for flanking or attacking from behind but nothing more complex than playing a level 10 WoW character. The story is often overbearing and it can be tedious to click through the dialogue boxes - I'd wager some story scenes could take 5-10 minutes to read through. The bits I bothered to read were wordy yet dull. I have yet to do an instanced dungeon or any group content, but it seems like the game has 1 healing class and 1 tanking class so I don't anticipate much variety there.

That said, the game is pretty and runs great on max settings. The combat is smooth and, though excessively simplistic at this point, is fun enough. It plays a lot more solid than the Neverwinter MMO, though that's not saying much. The game is probably worth looking at if you're a Final Fantasy geek or really love the classic MMO formula but beyond that not so much.
Aug 28, 2013 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
Lipi said:
I have been playing in the beta a bit and it really is another WoW clone.

Haha no. The fact that you aren't using resources isn't the games fault, its your lack of understanding and probably aided by the fact that you played beta below level 20.

I'm enjoying the game (Me and error 1017 really tear it up)

We should start a MAL free company.
Aug 28, 2013 9:02 AM

Jul 2013
Personally been enjoying it, granted I am taking it slow and not rushing through. Where others already have level 50s, my highest is only about 16 spread across other classes. Only issue I have been having is every time they do an update I have errors with the launcher, though I think I finally got that fixed.
Aug 28, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
Sorry, but even though they MAJORLY fixed up the game, I won't be touching it due to Square's grotesque censorship policies that are now in action over any sort of coverage of said game on youtube, twitch or any other streaming or video website.

I guess its a japanese thing since Nintendo and Sega both tried to pull same disgusting shit before.
Aug 28, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
Fai said:
Sorry, but even though they MAJORLY fixed up the game, I won't be touching it due to Square's grotesque censorship policies that are now in action over any sort of coverage of said game on youtube, twitch or any other streaming or video website.

I guess its a japanese thing since Nintendo and Sega both tried to pull same disgusting shit before.

I have not seen a shred of evidence on this, seeing as I see chatter and streams/videos all over twitch and youtube.
Aug 28, 2013 9:24 AM

Jul 2007
umbralogix said:
Fai said:

I have not seen a shred of evidence on this, seeing as I see chatter and streams/videos all over twitch and youtube.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=authc

The video must not require a paid membership for viewing;
You may not monetize your video via the YouTube partner program or any similar programs on other video sharing sites.
You may not split our videos (vocal, music, visual, etc.) and distribute components as separate assets;
You may not combine or synchronize the Materials with third party content (e.g., a mash-up), but you may include the Materials alongside third party content (e.g., before or after in the same video) as long as you also have permission from the original copyright owner);

That pretty much removes every single gaming journalist who has any sort of contract, every single twitch streamer and every single amv/machinima maker.

To emphasize how ridiculous that is: WRITTEN reviews are okay, yet video reviews are not? What does that alone speak about? bad business practices.
GG squeenix, you still fail hard.
Aug 28, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Fai said:
umbralogix said:
Fai said:

You may not monetize your video via the YouTube partner program or any similar programs on other video sharing sites.
You may not split our videos (vocal, music, visual, etc.) and distribute components as separate assets;
You may not combine or synchronize the Materials with third party content (e.g., a mash-up), but you may include the Materials alongside third party content (e.g., before or after in the same video) as long as you also have permission from the original copyright owner);

That pretty much removes every single gaming journalist who has any sort of contract, every single twitch streamer and every single amv/machinima maker.

To emphasize how ridiculous that is: WRITTEN reviews are okay, yet video reviews are not? What does that alone speak about? bad business practices.

You can do whatever you want as long as you don't monetize it. What's so hard to grasp about that?
Aug 28, 2013 10:58 AM

Jul 2011
I've been enjoying it a fair bit, not a massive fan of the combat and targeting system(especially trying to heal moving objects it seems to not detect my clicks very well). Just hope that the combat gets a bit more diverse, as it feels reaaally dumbed down at my current levels.

Thankfully I never had to deal with the 1017 error until I was forced to switch from NA to JP servers where I share their time zone! Honestly don't know why they can't add a server que by default :/ Takes around 15 minutes before they let me into one.
Aug 28, 2013 11:27 AM

Jul 2007
umbralogix said:
Fai said:
umbralogix said:
Fai said:

You can do whatever you want as long as you don't monetize it. What's so hard to grasp about that?

Because that means that Squeenix essentially censored pretty much every siingle vlogger and video gaming journalist that uses video format for ANYTHING, while still allowing written press to get paid for ad revenue and discounts.
Aug 28, 2013 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
Someone who has the game please tell me that the combat isn't as bad as these, because these were absolutely disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5mF2OulOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIQzYI01q0w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-Gka8sltE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dukJ2zBf18

It seems all you do is stand there and click on skills :/
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
34 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
49 minutes ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
1 hour ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.