Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2010 11:30 PM

Jun 2008
Wait a minute? Didn't that girl with the guns just said that she's working with Van. He is the commandant right? Why is he worried about Tear? Didn't he saw her before the split ways. And if his the one commanding those guys then why are they going to meet him? Am confused as hell. WTF that conversation made no sense.
Feb 24, 2011 12:40 PM

May 2010
I really want to know who this "Asch" guy is..i've got some crazy theories in my head, but i doubt any of them are true.E.g - Asch is actually the real Luke and Luke,the one without any memories from 7 years ago, is actually a clone :D Yeah i know..crazy theories..
Jun 15, 2011 10:36 AM
Apr 2011
dyils said:
Yeah i know..crazy theories..
By far the worst theory I've ever heard.

Anyways, Luke character development begins, finally.
Jul 18, 2011 1:47 AM

Jul 2007
angel999 said:
evilium said:
Luke is seriously grating on my nerves more now. I almost prefer he take the back seat now to Tear and Ion.

Yeah totally! I HATE him for making Ion hurry up when she is suffering pain! CURSE YOU LUKE! Other than that I find Luke was good in the Zao ruins.

lol it is fun seeing everyone hate luke. Well your supposed to. Despise him. Thats the whole point of his character as of now.

This episode pretty much defined luke's aragent personality and how he doesn't care bout no one but him self. Of course we seen this during previous episodes, but it was at its strong point in this episode. Also i hate to say it, but they did kind of lack alot of the connections between anise and luke. Originally in the game, there supposed to have a very special bond with each other, well at least anise thinks so, she loves luke alot. But luke doesn't like her. This was apparent in anime, but wasn't quite as deep as the games story line. In any case this really shown that even ANISE hated luke for what he said. It is actually the first time anise declared that luke is stupid.

Im going to spoil tag this just for the sake of throwing little hints in there. Its regarding luke. But it doesn't involve anything that happens beyond this episode.

I also have to mention that they did not cut out the whole chesodonia event and the whole scynce, largo battle like what ever one though from the previous episodes. So im glad they decided to keep that in the story as that is a different major important event, mostly how sphyce gave guy that deathic fonic curse. When i was going over the previous episode discussions, people were going on and on about how they cut all this out and spoiled it for everyone. But i guess they decided to place it at a later part in the game.

and finally, they have reached Akzurieth the mining town. This is one of my most favorite moments in the entire game. I look forward to it.
ArtimesGamerJul 18, 2011 2:44 AM

Feb 25, 2012 9:34 AM

Oct 2011
Nope sorry, it ain't as cliche as a long lost brother, it's a
Sep 4, 2012 6:16 AM
Mar 2012
the fighting is kind of awesome, we got an assassin, knight and warrior as enemies and an archer, myrmidon, bishop, summoner and a female rune knight as protagonists
that luke guy can be a villager
Aug 7, 2013 11:13 AM
Dec 2010
aahh most annoying MC ever. Can't wait for him to fix his personality after he messes something important.

It almost feel like they overdid it. He was sheltered kid with "uncle will take care of it" kind of mind but he was kind and everyone pointed that out repeatedly even when he was trying to hide it out of embarrassment. But Now.. he's almost unnaturally turned into complete idiot who would leave sick dude die on road because he's in hurry just to be pathetic enough...

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyAug 7, 2013 11:26 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 26, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2014
Wow Tear, HE IS a KID. He's mentally aged 7. SHeesh don't yell at him.
So, in this episode I felt Tear becoming quite the sassy bitch. Lashing out at the leader like that tsk stk. Believe in your sensei, good! I tried to be in the protagonist's shoes and felt that what he believed is quite awesome. Best thing of the series is Luke staying true to his amnesia.

2/5 due to Tear going Way ay
5/5 Jade f*cking cool stuff about the fonic cloning or something mentioned earlier.
Episode score: 3/5
May 4, 2015 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
Veronin said:
I wish somebody would give Luke a nice hard punch to the face. Damn he pisses me off.

^
Ohh how I wish I can remake the anime to make this happen.
Jun 13, 2015 5:20 PM

Dec 2012
Luke is the ambassador of driving me up a wall. Literally half of his lines this episode were "Shut up! You're so annoying!" He's overly fixated on making Van happy. Master this, master that. I have a feeling Van is gonna pull a big one on him and completely shatter his world.

Anise is saving the show like always.
Jan 25, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
Woah.. I find him acting like an arrogant brat pretty natural actually.
But seeing them play along with his whims and to give a crucial blow of ignoring him now is kinda pitiful.
Well Luke never wanted to turn out like this.. its just his environment that caused it.
I find this drama pretty funny and enjoyable. xD
Apr 27, 2020 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
This is where Luke starts to be truly apparent as a spoilt, arrogant, and selfish little brat. Of course, this is all-natural, considering his upbringing and all, and Van manipulating him for it. He will get a wake-up call very soon.

I did notice, however, that they're not adapting the video game faithfully, to an extent, at least. For example, Sync deliberately placed a curse on Guy at Chasedonia, not during their encounter in Zao Ruins. Another instance is Ion, at this point, just revealed the sephiroth's existence. In actuality, he relayed the matter much earlier in the game. Just small details I was able to observe. It is nothing major though, they're doing a decent job so far adapting the video game, in my opinion.
Sep 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Mar 2018
Wasn't Luke's personality supposed to improve!? Instead it's getting worse and worse.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm on ep 6, and I REALLY want to drop this now...

Kirukato05 - Jun 19, 2022

7 by Sir-C »»
Feb 26, 9:34 AM

» Differences between the anime and the game?

FactualTakes12 - Apr 18, 2023

3 by FactualTakes12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 16, 2008

78 by AtroceWins »»
Jan 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

direbliss - Apr 8, 2009

104 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Nov 12, 2020 12:56 PM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 25 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 30, 2009

35 by Chikipichi »»
Aug 1, 2020 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.