Forum Settings
Forums

Advanced MPC-HC Setup Guide - with madVR (v1.2) (Read note on first post)

Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jan 26, 2013 1:34 AM
Can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of using MPC-BE or Jan Williem's MPC builds.

MPC-BE seems to have gone through a big update this past new year.(http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=165890)
Just wanted to know the advantages vs disadvantages of this player.

Also I am not really sure what the advantages of JanWilliem's builds are. Are subtitles the only thing improved in this version?

Jan 26, 2013 2:06 AM

maguss said:
Can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of using MPC-BE or Jan Williem's MPC builds.

The FAQ cover the most important facts but to be more detailed...

Both of them have a lot of internal filters optimizations, but that's not useful for this guide so they're just optional in that section. MPC-BE has a more advanced design and some changes in the UI. Both comes with some bugfixes that MPC-HC haven't deal with too, though most of them aren't noticeable at all. There's really no disadvantages in using any of them since both would suffice the job as a player. It really depends on the user preference.

maguss said:
Also I am not really sure what the advantages of JanWilliem's builds are. Are subtitles the only thing improved in this version?

Hell no. Internal subtitle rendering is simple the most redeeming improvement, but there's also some other pretty useful UI changes in the Miscellaneous page as well the way EVR-CP works. You should install both of them and test it out which one you prefer, there's no right or wrong in that choice.

Jan 26, 2013 5:31 AM

Niyawa said:
Strange thing. I've never had any problems with Haali, is there any way I can reproduce that issue or it just happened?

It happens often xD All that I have is mpc-hc .dmp file and cccp-insurgent scan: http://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/2782

Jan 26, 2013 5:35 AM

bakaTroll said:
It happens often xD All that I have is mpc-hc .dmp file and cccp-insurgent scan: http://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/2782

>CCCP
>Insurgent
There's your problem.

Jan 26, 2013 6:51 AM

@up - no, I'm not using CCCP, I only used Insurgent to provide system info. I'm using mpc-hc+LAV+Haali+xy-vsfilter :P

Jan 26, 2013 6:59 AM

bakaTroll said:
@up - no, I'm not using CCCP, I only used Insurgent to provide system info. I'm using mpc-hc+LAV+Haali+xy-vsfilter :P

That's really misleading, even underground78 though you were using CCCP (see how he mentioned CCCP Team). If you were then I would be 99% for sure that it was CCCP problem. But since he says it's with Haali, then it's strange indeed. I can't really help since I don't work in the Haali development, but you could search around to see if anyone has been in the same situation.

Jan 27, 2013 4:49 PM
I followed the guide to the letter but I keep getting a black screen when the video is reproduced. I cant even use CTRL + J, it doesnt work. Sound plays normally, though.

If I change to EVR, everything works, so I suppose MadVR is the problem - which is weird since my system should be able to handle it, I think. Its a 3612QM i7 with a 7730M (inspiron 15R SE laptop). I set the dedicated GPU to handle MPC in the video settings of my card as well, so Im sure its not the HD4000 being used.

How should I troubleshoot this? Or should I just bite the bullet and roll with EVR?

Jan 28, 2013 12:01 AM

FenrirBR said:
I set the dedicated GPU to handle MPC in the video settings of my card as well, so Im sure its not the HD4000 being used.

This is problematic. Usually a black-screen with madVR is either a driver problem or a bug with madVR itself. Try updating your GPU drivers, then disable any video settings in the GPU options to make sure she's not messing with the video. If it still doesn't work keep using EVR-CP and post here. I'll ask madshi about it.

Jan 28, 2013 3:46 PM
Niyawa said:
FenrirBR said:
I set the dedicated GPU to handle MPC in the video settings of my card as well, so Im sure its not the HD4000 being used.

This is problematic. Usually a black-screen with madVR is either a driver problem or a bug with madVR itself. Try updating your GPU drivers, then disable any video settings in the GPU options to make sure she's not messing with the video. If it still doesn't work keep using EVR-CP and post here. I'll ask madshi about it.

My drivers are updated. It might be some conflict with the commutable graphics on the laptop. Maybe somehow MadVR is trying to use my HD4000 instead...? Though I did set it to use only the dedicated one.

The drivers were updated already, I keep it always up to date. Also I may have sporadic freezing problems with EVR (watched 3 anime episodes, had one freezing on each at around half of it that required a restart for my MPC. However, later I noticed my anti virus decided to run a system scan , so it may have been that). Oh and I'm on Windows 8 x64, though that shouldn't matter.

I have little time during weekdays, but I'll fiddle around on the weekend and post the results, as well as a dxdiag of my system. Thanks for helping out!

Jan 28, 2013 3:57 PM

FenrirBR said:
I have little time during weekdays, but I'll fiddle around on the weekend and post the results, as well as a dxdiag of my system. Thanks for helping out!

Antivirus is always problems. But some people on the forum has been bugging the thread about black screens and it seems to be related to you. So I believe it's a madVR bug (based on what you have said). For now, try uninstalling everything and using KCP instead, it the problems persists then it's a madVR bug.

Don't send me you dxdiag, it won't really be helpful at all in this situation.

Jan 28, 2013 6:58 PM
Are you gonna go into more detail in some of more neglected settings in a later update? And what about display calibration and how important it is? The reason I ask is after reading this and getting everything going I re-tested my plasma and noticed I was clipping black and white ranges. I had to change madvr to output tv levels to fix it.

I'm pretty sure there will be more obscure settings that I miss when lav, madvr, etc. gets updated. When I read through some of the changelogs I just don't have the time to follow up on each tweak to find out exactly what it will do and if it will help.

That is really why I think this is one of the best guides out right now, the way you're keeping things updated really sets it apart.

Jan 29, 2013 1:46 AM

welp said:
Are you gonna go into more detail in some of more neglected settings in a later update? And what about display calibration and how important it is? The reason I ask is after reading this and getting everything going I re-tested my plasma and noticed I was clipping black and white ranges. I had to change madvr to output tv levels to fix it.

In my humble opinion while I believe display calibration is a optimal and important step for quality playback, I don't really see myself making a guide for it neither necessity for it in this guide (I said the same thing about madFlac). I'll probably just get nand's and implement here in a way or another if people want it so much (that was asked before). Calibration is something that I've never messed up with so if people start asking questions about it here... I'll get lost 90% of the time. "Clipping black and white ranges"? I didn't even get that.

welp said:
I'm pretty sure there will be more obscure settings that I miss when lav, madvr, etc. gets updated. When I read through some of the changelogs I just don't have the time to follow up on each tweak to find out exactly what it will do and if it will help.

Is that what you mean by neglected settings? I'm having trouble following that. I use the changelog as a reference for what changed in the guide. If a setting changes I mention it (Changed: madVR settings about blah blah). Are you saying that you want me to be more detailed about what the settings will cause or something along those lines?

welp said:
That is really why I think this is one of the best guides out right now, the way you're keeping things updated really sets it apart.

A guide that is not updated is not a guide, it's a poison. When something is outdated the only thing that it can lead is to misinformation and lack of understanding from the user who is trying to follow it. I appreciate your compliments and that type of feedback is what makes this worth it.

Jan 29, 2013 1:58 AM

Niyawa said:
"Clipping black and white ranges"? I didn't even get that.
PC uses the entire 8-bit RGB range from 0-255 for each color. TV displays typically only use 16-235, so if you try to feed it a 0-255 signal it will clip off the deepest blacks and whites.

welp said:
And what about display calibration and how important it is?
True display calibration requires a spectrophotometer, which can be rather expensive. The cheapest "decent" meter would be around $200. I doubt most anime fans would be willing to invest in this type of thing, or if they are even aware of it. Usually it's the graphic designers, photographers, or home theater enthusiasts who are into this.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Jan 29, 2013 2:04 AM

katsucats said:
PC uses the entire 8-bit RGB range from 0-255 for each color. TV displays typically only use 16-235, so if you try to feed it a 0-255 signal it will clip off the deepest blacks and whites.

Oh, thanks.

katsucats said:
True display calibration requires a spectrophotometer, which can be rather expensive. The cheapest "decent" meter would be around $200. I doubt most anime fans would be willing to invest in this type of thing, or if they are even aware of it. Usually it's the graphic designers, photographers, or home theater enthusiasts who are into this.

This is another reason I don't really bother with calibration. After I said that I wanted to make this guide a encyclopedia for quality playback information, people started to ask for things and more things to the point I can safely say the guide it not really just about anime playback anymore.

Jan 29, 2013 7:12 AM
Niyawa said:

neglected settings? I'm having trouble following that. I use the changelog as a reference for what changed in the guide. If a setting changes I mention it (Changed: madVR settings about blah blah). Are you saying that you want me to be more detailed about what the settings will cause or something along those lines?

I meant when I read the changlog of madvr, lav or whatever and see a list of around 20 things, I just update and I'm done. I don't have time to read pages of random posts to find out if whatever was updated needs a setting to be changed. That's why I just like all in one guides like this one. The changelog you use for your playback guide is fine.

There were also some settings that you don't really mention. I know a lot of them probably don't matter much but I needed to make a few changes after finishing the guide. Some of them were specific to my system and the way I preferred things set. If you went into more detail on say hardware acceleration for example. A lot of people don't know what it does, what it can help with, or which option to choose. And there's a ton of stuff in madvr that I'm clueless about.

katsucats said:

You can use a stand alone dvd or bd to get most of your levels on target. Digital Video Essentials or Avia are fine for the average user and not to hard to understand. A lot of people just eyeball their displays to whatever looks good, which usually results in high brightness, contrast, color, etc. They don't realize how much they hurt the image quality. I'm a htpc user so getting everything set up right had been an ongoing battle. I figured calibration might be beyond the scope of this guide but it is important, especially for a htpc and I thought I'd mention it.

Jan 29, 2013 7:25 AM

welp said:
There were also some settings that you don't really mention. I know a lot of them probably don't matter much but I needed to make a few changes after finishing the guide. Some of them were specific to my system and the way I preferred things set. If you went into more detail on say hardware acceleration for example. A lot of people don't know what it does, what it can help with, or which option to choose. And there's a ton of stuff in madvr that I'm clueless about.

That's something for a in-depth madVR guide. This one focuses only on what's necessary to achieve best playback as well performance. There's too many setups and configurations to make a more solid and informative guide especially when you mention every option available, some things will work for you, others you will need to tweak like you did. I can't really do anything about that now. DXVA is the same thing. We follow a guide because we want to have the most accurate options possible based on what we're looking for. DXVA section mentions which one works best and there's a quick FAQ explaining in a simple way what it is and does.

For now, the best way to deal with those options is asking here and see what we can do. That is if I understood what you said.

Jan 30, 2013 1:32 PM

Might be a good idea to implement a comparison between ffdshow audio processor and lav audio decoder.

Jan 30, 2013 1:36 PM

Tyestor said:
Might be a good idea to implement a comparison between ffdshow audio processor and lav audio decoder.

Hm not sure. Audio Processor is just a filter that lets you make advanced editing of you audio. Mixing, Equalizer and more stuff. If it was between ffdshow audio decoder then it would be a different matter. We don't use it so no need for that.

Jan 30, 2013 3:54 PM

welp said:
You can use a stand alone dvd or bd to get most of your levels on target. Digital Video Essentials or Avia are fine for the average user and not to hard to understand. A lot of people just eyeball their displays to whatever looks good, which usually results in high brightness, contrast, color, etc. They don't realize how much they hurt the image quality. I'm a htpc user so getting everything set up right had been an ongoing battle. I figured calibration might be beyond the scope of this guide but it is important, especially for a htpc and I thought I'd mention it.
Avia or DVE only gets the most basic things right like brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, black/white level, and color primaries. It's not a full color management system.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Jan 31, 2013 3:13 AM

Niyawa said:
Tyestor said:

Hm not sure. Audio Processor is just a filter that lets you make advanced editing of you audio. Mixing, Equalizer and more stuff. If it was between ffdshow audio decoder then it would be a different matter. We don't use it so no need for that.

Fair enough.

Feb 2, 2013 7:18 AM
I used a different guide but looks pretty much the same. I only have one problem. It says 8bit and not 10bit. Any ideas?
"You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death. But peace has made you foolish and thoughtless. If you kill someone, someone else will kill you... hatred binds together."

Feb 2, 2013 7:45 AM

A_DA_MU said:
I used a different guide but looks pretty much the same. I only have one problem. It says 8bit and not 10bit. Any ideas?

Eh... could you be more specific at what you're referring to?

Feb 2, 2013 7:48 AM
Niyawa said:
A_DA_MU said:

Eh... could you be more specific at what you're referring to?
He made a thread. It's probably what he was talking about.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=553897

Feb 2, 2013 7:54 AM

Z-flame said:
He made a thread. It's probably what he was talking about.

I see. Eh, Adamu-san, in case you didn't notice the original video you were trying to play is in 8-bit.

h264, 8-bit, 4:2:0 > NV12 , 8-bit, 4:2:0

Download a 10-bit video file and you'll see the OSD will show 10-bit instead. Take a look at the screenshot in the Confirmation section of this guide and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Feb 10, 2013 3:58 PM
Hi Niyawa, good guide :)

So, I followed every step that you wrote here and the OSD displays right and everything works right but unfortunately the video stutters still(i mean there are frame drops from time to time). I wonder if my pc is too weak(It probably(definitely) is :P) - I'm trying to play this file : [Zurako]_Tiger_&_Bunny_01v2_(BD_1080p_FLAC)_[DB7E34FE].mkv
which is a 1080p 10-bit video so that's why it drops frames from time to time in the first minute(haven't watched much besides it).
On another note: I can't associate .mkv .mp4 files to the lite version of mpc- do you have any idea how to resolve that?

Thanks, anyway.

Feb 12, 2013 3:22 PM

eraldi21 said:
So, I followed every step that you wrote here and the OSD displays right and everything works right but unfortunately the video stutters still(i mean there are frame drops from time to time). I wonder if my pc is too weak(It probably(definitely) is :P) - I'm trying to play this file : [Zurako]_Tiger_&_Bunny_01v2_(BD_1080p_FLAC)_[DB7E34FE].mkv
which is a 1080p 10-bit video so that's why it drops frames from time to time in the first minute(haven't watched much besides it).

Unless you tell me what type of hardware you have, I won't be able to give you any sort of heads up about what you can playback or not. What I can tell is that an ordinary machine wouldn't be able to even touch that video.

eraldi21 said:
On another note: I can't associate .mkv .mp4 files to the lite version of mpc- do you have any idea how to resolve that?

You can't? I'm not sure what could be the problem. I have it associated here without any issues. You have 2 ways of doing that:

1. From MPC-HC Options Panel > Formats.
2. Going to the "Default Programs" and doing it manually there.

If you have Windows 8, the second is a must.

And sorry for late reply.

Feb 16, 2013 6:00 PM
I'm wondering if I've done this right as my screenshot does not look like the one in the guide:

This 10 bit -> 8 bit thing, is that supposed to be happening?

Also, should I be getting that many dropped and delayed frames? I downloaded the AVX version of JanWillem's MPC-HC. I have a i7-3820 @ 4.1GHz (I like it silent), a HD 7950, and 32GB of memory. The cpu essentially idles during playback.

Final question, I keep seeing people talk about something called reclock. I'm still not entirely sure what it's for, but as you can see in the screenshot, I use a 144Hz monitor, which is not exactly normal. Could this cause me problems? Do I need to worry about this (small?) clock deviation as seen in my image? Do I need to use this reclock thing or does the fact that my native refresh rate is a multiple of 24 (24x6=144) mean that it's good?
Modified by KingLlama, Feb 16, 2013 6:46 PM

Feb 17, 2013 1:21 PM

Niyawa said:
eraldi21 said:

Unless you tell me what type of hardware you have, I won't be able to give you any sort of heads up about what you can playback or not. What I can tell is that an ordinary machine wouldn't be able to even touch that video.

I have tried that very same file with Highest setting in madVR just for test, and it plays without any dropped frames even when my PC (ASUS M5G Z77, i7 3770K, Mushkin Redline 16GB 1866MHz, SAPPHIRE HD 7970 OC Dual-X) is not OC (I OC to 4.8GHz).

So I guess I can play just about anything at same settings?
Or you can recommend me something extremely taxing for testing?
LIBERATE TUTE ME EX INFERIS

Feb 17, 2013 11:40 PM

First of all, let me say thanks for the guide. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Secondly, I'm about to build a new PC to replace my laptop, and I want it to be able to handle maximum quality playback of 10-bit 1080p anime. Before I spent a bunch of money, I'd like to double check to make sure this hardware would be able to handle the highest MadVR settings in the algorithms chart you've provided without dying a horrible and fiery death:

CPU: i7-3770@3.4 GHz (not OC'd)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
GPU: GTX 650 Ti

Will that suffice?
Modified by KuroiHadou, Feb 17, 2013 11:45 PM

Feb 18, 2013 5:50 AM

I re-watched the first episode of Bakemonogatari from Coalgirls. (Hi10p 1080p)
My frame stats are 75 dropped and 21 delayed, but hold on.
It went to 50/1 when i loaded the file, then up to 70/20 after my hard drive stuttered on loading the OP. Then it just bled out 5 frames somewhere (i got a frame drop time of ~53s).
Apart from that, no artefacts, no tearing or shit like that.
Using the highest settings with DXVA enabled, on a C2D E7400@2.8, GTX 460 (the cut one) and Win 8.
CPU usage spikes at ~40% max, and GPU on the other hand at ~70%.

Cheers!

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4649202/ my Strike Witches fanfiction

Feb 18, 2013 6:26 AM

KuroiHadou said:
First of all, let me say thanks for the guide. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Secondly, I'm about to build a new PC to replace my laptop, and I want it to be able to handle maximum quality playback of 10-bit 1080p anime. Before I spent a bunch of money, I'd like to double check to make sure this hardware would be able to handle the highest MadVR settings in the algorithms chart you've provided without dying a horrible and fiery death:

Will that suffice?

More than suffice.

Feb 18, 2013 10:09 PM

KuroiHadou said:

Will that suffice?

LOL That's almost overkill. Good for gaming though, which I assume you also wanted.

Feb 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Jrittmayer said:
LOL That's almost overkill. Good for gaming though, which I assume you also wanted.

That and a few other things, yeah.

Feb 20, 2013 1:19 AM

i'm wondering why i can't bring up output configuration when i use the cntrl + j command - using the mpc-hc lite and have looked all over the web for info regarding this, but have thus far come up with nothing.......thanks for yr. time! also, anyone tried the ac3 filter? currently using it (and not ffdshow) for audio shaping and love it! great for fine tuning sound output.......
Modified by octal9, Feb 20, 2013 1:22 AM

Feb 20, 2013 6:31 PM

KingLlama said:
This 10 bit -> 8 bit thing, is that supposed to be happening?

Nope, you've done something wrong. It's supposed to be just like the screenshots in the Confirmation section shows.

KingLlama said:
Also, should I be getting that many dropped and delayed frames? I downloaded the AVX version of JanWillem's MPC-HC. I have a i7-3820 @ 4.1GHz (I like it silent), a HD 7950, and 32GB of memory. The cpu essentially idles during playback.

3-10 dropped/delayed frames at the start of playback is normal. Now if you're getting it constantly during playback, something definitively is wrong (with base of the hardware you mentioned).

KingLlama said:
Final question, I keep seeing people talk about something called reclock. I'm still not entirely sure what it's for, but as you can see in the screenshot, I use a 144Hz monitor, which is not exactly normal. Could this cause me problems? Do I need to worry about this (small?) clock deviation as seen in my image? Do I need to use this reclock thing or does the fact that my native refresh rate is a multiple of 24 (24x6=144) mean that it's good?

144hz monitor... I'm not even sure why you would need that but no - ReClock is really only nedeed for the 25p > 24p media adaptation. With that refresh rate it's okay to use that one for 24p content. I would recommend using 120 hz that is both good for 24p and 30p content though. The clock deviation is normal, nothing to worry about.

Just don't use ReClock, you don't need it.

MDM-1 said:
So I guess I can play just about anything at same settings?
Or you can recommend me something extremely taxing for testing?

Use Jinc 8 for everything with anti-ringing enabled where you can with a 60p video file. If you can play that without problems, you're pretty much going to be good for a good amount of time. Take notice you can only playback 60p with Jinc in a GTX 660 so you card can make it.

KuroiHadou said:

Will that suffice?

That monster will do anything you want. I would have put a little more money in the GPU instead of the CPU since madVR uses the GPU shaders to render the video. As I also mentioned a little above, you can only playback with Jinc and 60p with a GTX 660, but I'm pretty sure no one deals with 60p content so that's more than enough.

Good to know you liked the guide.

atikabubu said:
Cheers!

Cheerio!

You are using the highest settings, so that should be expected. Use "High" instead if those dropped frames are uncomfortable.

octal9 said:
i'm wondering why i can't bring up output configuration when i use the cntrl + j command - using the mpc-hc lite and have looked all over the web for info regarding this, but have thus far come up with nothing.......thanks for yr. time! also, anyone tried the ac3 filter? currently using it (and not ffdshow) for audio shaping and love it! great for fine tuning sound output.......

It's supposed to bring the OSD not Output Configuration. And if the OSD doesn't appear, I believe you're not using madVR at all. Try checking your filters list. I haven't used AC3 filter. Maybe I'll check out later, dunno about what that's about.

Again people, sorry for the late reply. Had some stuff to take care but now I'm back in action. I'll update the guide right away to version 5.1.

Feb 21, 2013 2:39 AM

much thanks to niyawa for the reply - i'm actually not using madvr (thought the OSD readout was a function of mpc-hc) so that explains my problem (one of the many downsides of owning a dinosaur of a computer).....thanks also for the guide! i've actually managed to play 8-bit 720 on an 11 year old computer - a miracle.......

Feb 21, 2013 4:34 AM

octal9 said:
thanks also for the guide! i've actually managed to play 8-bit 720 on an 11 year old computer - a miracle.......

No biggie diggie. I'm starting to believe in miracles...

Feb 21, 2013 9:54 AM

Version 5.1 Released

Highlights

• New: Screenshots of madVR with steps for Smooth Notion and more instructions.
  • New: Image version of the guide. Just a screenshot as promised.
  • Updated: madVR (0.86) and LAV Filters (0.55.3).
  • Changed: Screenshots now have their stamps back for better understanding of steps.
  • Changed: DXVA2 with more details and some color tweaks.
  • Changed: Some aesthetics and details of overall guide. Nothing outstanding.
  • Removed: Screenshot of "Subtitle". No reason to configure that if you're using xy-VSFilter or JanWillem32's builds.
  • Removed: Step 4 - section 3. Internal decoding of madVR is now disabled by default.

So yeah, it took me long enough to release an update but here it is. The snapshot as I promised as well the updates and changes. There are still some other things to do (like one option of deinterlacing that was mentioned for a change) that I didn't do yet but I'll see if I can put that in the v5.2. We got some new builds, some tweaks and a new step for "Smooth Notion" in madVR.

It's pretty useful so far - I've been using for quite some time and a lot of my headache is already gone. It's not perfect, but I want to hug madshi for giving me such an amazing feature. Too bad I can still see the blur but it's not a easy task! So it's understandable. If there's anything missing in the update or anything else wondering in your mind, don't hesitate to leave a post.

And as always, thanks for using this guide.

Feb 21, 2013 11:00 AM

Quick question:
What's the reason for AYUV being disabled in the LAV video decoder ?

Feb 21, 2013 12:36 PM

Oh I see, thanks for finding out for me ^_^

Feb 21, 2013 12:37 PM

TimmoL said:
Quick question:
What's the reason for AYUV being disabled in the LAV video decoder ?

I'm not sure myself. nev (developer of LAV) usually only disable things if LAV Video can't properly decode the way it's supposed to be. Maybe there's still something else but again - I'm not sure myself the real reason behind it. I'll get back to you on that after I've asked him.

MS renderers such as EVR were meant to take in AYUV for the separate subtitle pin. At least, that was their meaning, and the YCbCr->sRGB conversion path is far from optimized for this format.

But then it was found out that the renderer(s) accept AYUV with the main pin as well, and... that leads to the fact that converting to RGB in the decoder and then rendering that is much more faster than trying to play 4:4:4 YCbCr content by saying that an AYUV connection is available. In other words, feeding AYUV to the MS renderers as the main pin's content pretty much means a slideshow. Also, EVR-CP (MPC-HC's customized EVR renderer, also their default), if I recall correctly, is not capable of switching types on the fly, so I guess it was just found out to be simpler to just block it altogether unless the user specifically wants 8bit 4:4:4 YCbCr output.

- JEEB

There you have it. Putting it more bluntly - they realized giving the user the choice to chose which one they prefer is better.

Edit 2: Lol, I deleted so you could see notification of a new post, talking about timing.

Feb 22, 2013 6:25 PM
MadVR's FRC seems to be a lot less effective in removing motion judder when there's scrolling text on the screen.

Feb 22, 2013 6:43 PM

Soulthus said:
MadVR's FRC seems to be a lot less effective in removing motion judder when there's scrolling text on the screen.

It's not perfect. There are some videos where I can still sense some judder (it's 24p on a 60 hz screen after all) but it removes about 80-90% of it - I'm okay with that. Also, be sure that you're not confusing motion judder with smooth video. Something that seems to happen often since the release.

Feb 22, 2013 7:25 PM
I'm not confusing the two. If there's scrolling text on-screen while the camera pans, it's like it goes back to 0%; no FRC.

Feb 23, 2013 6:32 AM

Soulthus said:
I'm not confusing the two. If there's scrolling text on-screen while the camera pans, it's like it goes back to 0%; no FRC.

Ohhhhhh camera pans. madshi did mention that it's impossible to make that without judder. When the camera pans too fast that it's the own framerate fault. Nothing we can do about it. Even if you watch it in a 24 hz screen it would look the same way.

Feb 25, 2013 1:36 AM
Hi Niyawa

Would you guide advaned MPC-HC with code of shark007 ( http://shark007.net/ ) ?

thx

Feb 25, 2013 7:19 AM

notfourgo said:
Would you guide advaned MPC-HC with code of shark007 ( http://shark007.net/ ) ?

Nope. Don't ask me why.

Feb 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Thanks for this tutorial, it really helped me since I have tried Coalgirls, Nyaa Torrents and the closest to success was BP (but, maaaan, they sure are RUDE!!) Since I have a pretty rare processor (AMD V140 single core@2.33 GHz... I know I know, it´s a shitty Laptop, but sometimes it actually gets the job done :3 ) and a 4th class GPU (ATI HD 4200... it´s a total piece of crap!!) It was really hard and even nexto to impossible to find the correct settings to make madVR work (EVR - CP sucks!!) but thanks to the chart for the upscaling - downscaling stuff you made I could get a good notion of what to change in order to get the best performance... Anyway, thank you for taking the time to make this guide (again), wish I would´ve found this a couple of months before!! :3

Feb 27, 2013 1:13 AM

donas said:
Anyway, thank you for taking the time to make this guide (again), wish I would´ve found this a couple of months before!! :3

Always good to see a good feedback. Stop by whenever you have a question. We'll be here for you.

A little update for the anons and fellow users of the guide who like lurking around here: I'm already preparing and optimizing ReClock settings to be included in this guide again. Now that madVR has smooth motion - we're gonna need a less jittery audio clock and ReClock itself is perfect for it. I wanted to include it again only in version 6.0 but I'm a sucker for how to update and consistency.

Deal with it.

You might as well take note that smooth motion requires a little more from the system resources (CPU overall, it's really small) and if you're experiencing dropped frames or issues when trying the feature, you can (and should) disable DXVA2 and make sure the first 2 options of "trade quality for performance" in madVR are checked.

On another note - I'm also planning to make a in-depth guide of this guide FAQ (mindfuck much?). Okay seriously - this in-depth guide will cover every question possible about any filter/issue related to this guide. Every option about every app used here (and KCP as well) will be raped to it's core to make sure even the most casual user can learn a good amount of knowledge about video playback and apps in general.

The real problem is that the in-depth guide is so long I'm not even sure how many months will take for me to finish it and it doesn't really help when I haven't even started yet. To be more bluntly, if anyone has any knowledge they can share when I upload the alpha version of it, be free to give your information and thoughts. I'll need them. Before anyone asks: I'll probably finish it after madshi releases madVR 1.0 so yeah - it's going to be a really long time before you can see a scratch of it.

That pretty much sums up I guess. And as always - thanks for using this guide.

Feb 27, 2013 10:40 AM

Niyawa, can I use instead of AC3Filter ffdshow audio processor to do downmixing? Another question: in external filters, need to add something, because I saw that you added just the ffdshow. And in the case of xy-VSFilter, the MPC can correctly identify the auto-loading version or you have to add it also in external filters?

Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »