Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 14, 2012 5:02 AM
Sep 2011
Its a bunch of slutty girls drooling over a hot boi, what do u expect?
Nov 14, 2012 6:04 AM

Jul 2011
It can't be more cliche than that...
Nov 14, 2012 11:00 AM
Jun 2012
meepsheep said:
This is becoming pretty cliche

I don't mind much that it's a huge cliche. As long as it's nicely done it can still be good.

meepsheep said:
Mei is starting to have Girlfriend insecurities now.

But I do mind that it feels like the wrong cliche for this show. Why would Mei feel insecure over modelling. Neither her nor Yamato has been the sort that would care about fashion magazines and modelling.
Nov 14, 2012 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
UM. OH WOW. Sigh. There's always a fucking twist like this that just makes you cringe. I don't blame Mei at all for having feels of jealousy. This is bullshit. Complete bullshit. I wonder what happens next man, UGHHGHGGH.
Nov 14, 2012 12:04 PM
Mar 2012
penguindrum264 said:
I loved the cookie and hammer scene. xD
Yeah, that was good. LOL

Sometimes I wonder about Mei. I do understand her sometimes, but how can someone be so extremely shy and awkward and unaware of one's and other's feelings? I mean she's really totally clueless. "Why?" Duh.
What use is a boyfriend, if you can't even look him in the eye? Shouldn't you feel relaxed and happy and good by your boyfriend's side? [/rant]

Poor Yamato.
But he's so nice, always checking if Mei is ok with it, declining other girls directly, etc.
Nov 14, 2012 2:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
What use is a boyfriend, if you can't even look him in the eye?
Lifting heavy objects, getting things off of top shelves, and dealing with the occasional spider.
Nov 14, 2012 5:41 PM

Mar 2011
Mei is actually annoying me to no end, sometimes her actions and thoughts make me think she deserves losing him IMO

Megu was straight to the point, I don't know whether her real target was to get him to model or actually have him as her BF, but for a strong main character he rejected her which was damn cool

I think this is another typical Shoujo anime full of mis-understandings
Nov 15, 2012 2:05 AM

Jan 2011
Shinobuden said:
[...]but what bothered me the most in this episode was how nonchalantly Nakanishi and Asami behaved. Asami practically pushing them together (albeit unintentionally) and Nakanishi (can't remember if Asami said anything) saying out loud right infront of Mei how they looked like a real couple and good together. Considering how Mei helped Nakanishi and Asami get together you'd think they'd be a *little* more considerate. So until they redeem themselves they're on my hate.

This. I thought the same thing about her two so-called friends. They've obviously forgotten how Mei helped them out. I somehow find their brand of friendship quite shallow and I see why Mei felt the way she did about friendships in the beginning.
Nov 17, 2012 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't Megumi only move there after she met Yamato? :S I don't remember that well anymore... But I think he didn't outright reject her in the manga, that was awesome~ This episode was sure horrible for Mei... ;(
Nov 17, 2012 2:08 PM

Feb 2009
This was so frustrating to watch... God. :( Aaaargh.
Nov 17, 2012 4:25 PM

Sep 2008
The addition of a "rival" is just retarded. It's almost laughable how they're trying to make it look like this new girl could actually somehow take Kurosawa away from Mei.
Nov 18, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
Megumi doesn't fit in properly at all, this was a bad move from the author. We all know that Yamato won't leave Mei because of something stupid like this.
I wonder if Mei will change because of this, she really is passive right now but I'm sure she loves Yamato and she should be more open about it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 18, 2012 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
I really hate girls like Megumi in real life.

Girls who only worry about their appearance and when confronted with something, try very backhanded methods to get what they want. She was such a giant fake when she was trying to be modest about her modeling career.

5layer said:
The addition of a "rival" is just retarded. It's almost laughable how they're trying to make it look like this new girl could actually somehow take Kurosawa away from Mei.

Since when has a rival taken been able to successfully break up a plot pair in a shoujo? We all know that Mei will end up with Kurosawa, but it's more about how they overcome these obstacles. Not only this, but rivals eventually tend to push the couple closer together, which I can only assume will happen within the next few episodes.
OmniknightNov 18, 2012 1:57 PM
Nov 19, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2008
Omniknight said:
5layer said:
Since when has a rival taken been able to successfully break up a plot pair in a shoujo? We all know that Mei will end up with Kurosawa, but it's more about how they overcome these obstacles. Not only this, but rivals eventually tend to push the couple closer together, which I can only assume will happen within the next few episodes.
Still, extremely overused plot device and it wasn't even done well here considering how impossible a relationship between Kurosawa and Megumi would be. At least in a lot of other shoujo, a relationship with the rival isn't entirely impossible to imagine.
Nov 19, 2012 1:47 PM
Mar 2012
Cratex said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
Lifting heavy objects, getting things off of top shelves, and dealing with the occasional spider.
Ok, you make some good points there. Especially with the top shelves. And the spiders.
Nov 23, 2012 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
Cratex said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
I can do that for myself, lol. Not afraid of spiders. If anything i'd have to fend of bees or something for him.
Nov 24, 2012 7:08 AM
Mar 2012
I'm small, so top shleves is difficult. I can't change the light bulbs in my bathroom because even with the ladder, I can't reach them. :(
Well, spiders... that depends. I have a problem with the fat ones and ones that keep running around. But if they keep to their corner and just eat their flies, that's fine with me.
Nov 25, 2012 12:44 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Vyudali said:
Cratex said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
I can do that for myself, lol. Not afraid of spiders. If anything i'd have to fend of bees or something for him.
checking out scary noises in the middleof the night? Most of us can be house trained. ...
I'm running out of reasons, i'll admit.
Nov 27, 2012 7:23 PM
Sep 2012
Maybe Mei will make some good cookies by the end of the show. As for the modeling crew making comments, they probably didn't know Mei and Yamato go out. Megu most likely just called them friends from school. As for the other couple making comments, those two aren't that bright anyways.
Nov 30, 2012 2:40 PM

Oct 2012
I like the manga and that's why I watch the anime. But I didn't think that my hate charakter appear so fast TT_TT I mean the seiyuu did a really great job for Megu and that's why she's more annoying -.-
Mei, I'm really sorry for you...
And why isn't Aiko there? I really like the friendship between Asami, Aiko and Mei and Aiko also saw that Mei cry at the photo shooting!
Hach, it's so sad... I wish they could do more episodes so we can see the other people oder pairings, too! >.<
Dec 8, 2012 11:57 AM

Sep 2009
awwe. :( i feel for you mei.. she's starting to get jealous.

i hate that bitch -- megumi!! ><
Dec 31, 2012 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
Oh that type of character again.
Jan 18, 2013 2:54 AM

Jan 2012
so it seems there going for the love triangle thing then...

although, Yamato has made it clear that he's not interested in Megu during the first part of the episode, and until proven otherwise I believe him, Mei just obviously has self doubt, because Megu is a model etc etc, but she was the one who told Yamato to go to the shoot in the first place.... I did feel for her though during, it must be hard to see someone you like be like that with someone else other than yourself whether that's just for the camera or not......
Jan 20, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
Am I the only one who still enjoyed this episode, despite knowing exactly what will happen after the very first scene?
Feb 1, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2010
Trite model cliche (ugh) + trite love triangle cliche (ugh) + Mei not seeming to open up at all no matter what (and literally jumping/blushing EVERY time Yamato touches or looks at her in the exact same way) = I am getting really bored.

gillbobjones said:
Yamato does something to make mei sad. They make up. Rinse and repeat...... seriously this show isn't what i wanted it to be. The plot is to predictable

QFT. The last episode with Yamato's little sister was probably the only above average episode so far, imo.
Feb 3, 2013 2:26 PM

Sep 2011
DoctorDoom said:
Mei hitting the cookie with the hammer was hilarious.

I really hope the rest of this show won't continue this trend of characters showing up just to mess with their relation.

Also, Yamato should have known better to don't agree to the photo shoot. Of course it would make Mei upset and hurt her. I mean he already showed how he could overcome these kind of situations, because he knows what could potentially hurt Mei. Getting into a popular magazine with an other girl with the theme being love...
Megumi is pretty annoying, I hate these kind of characters. The only good thing about her is her having the voice of Mugi (Kotobuki Minako) from K-On!.
RazielZeroFeb 3, 2013 2:44 PM
Mar 7, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2011
uzy5o said:
Am I the only one who still enjoyed this episode, despite knowing exactly what will happen after the very first scene?

me me me!! even though i knew what would happen i still cried in the end when mei cried T.T
Mar 16, 2013 5:04 PM

Oct 2009
Quite a turn in the atmosphere compared to the last ep.
I enjoyed the last ep, this one...meh...
Gotta say Megu's befuddled face like 10min in was priceless! I like that Yamato stands up so strongly for his feelings towards Mei.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Mar 26, 2013 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
and that, ladies and gentleman, is how stage-5 clingers are born...

RIP Yamato
Apr 23, 2013 4:34 AM
Jul 2018

WHY? IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE JEALOUS, MEI!
Megu's in, and the trouble starts.
Damn.
Dec 7, 2013 3:12 PM

May 2012
Here we go again...another rival appears. The second she decided to apologise about throwing herself rather pathetically at Yamato and be all nice I was thinking 'What's this little witch up to now?' and then the fact that the photoshoot was all about a couple on a date made it so obvious what she was trying to make clear to Mei.

I'm hoping for a good confrontation where Mei slaps that bitch down.
Jan 9, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2012
A new rival appeared and she's really going strong, but damn Mei sure must had a hearth broken moment at that time! Let's see what's next though!
RafaelDeJonghJan 9, 2014 1:14 PM
Feb 12, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
Megu's intentions are crystal clear. Yamato is a smart kid, he should see right through it.
Mar 10, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
WrathSC said:

wtf are u talking about the more sides in a love story the better

phhhhhhhhhh thats a big call
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 25, 2014 11:39 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It's really sad seeing Mei in a depressed state. The people at Mei's school sort of comment on purpose how Megu and Yamato look like a natural couple.

Mei feels like she's not good enough for Yamato since Megu from Mei's point of view feels superior, much more beautiful, and wealthier. The only people Mei could really trust right now is her mother and Nagi. Nagi because both Mei and Nagi can relate to each other, but still it's sad seeing Mei depressed.

Looks like Mei still can't get the cookies to taste good.

May 28, 2014 10:57 AM
Mar 2014
Bowl_of_Noodles said:
Come on Mei! If she realized how much Yamato actually cared for her, she wouldn't be running into these problems. You can't blame her though, she's been used to being the ignored/lonely/inferior person for nearly her entire social life.

Okay you have a point, but at the same time you would think that Yamato would realize t he effect seeing him and Megu together would have on Mei. I'm not saying it's entirely his fault, but he really needs to learn to say no to people. It's not like the agency couldn't have found someone else who is already in the profession to help with the shoot, and now he is opening himself up to Megu's manipulation of him. Especially when Megu has already confessed to him, if my boyfriend got asked out the way he did, then not only not tell me, but continue to get as friendly as Yamato gets with Megu, then even if I have confidence in myself I'm going to start feeling the way Mei does.

Mei may be in the wrong too for not telling Yamato that she doesn't want him getting close to Megu, but considering all she has gone through she probably doesn't want Yamato to hate her for saying it. But damn considering the playboy Yamato used to be you'd think that he would be able to understand a girl's jealousy even a little bit. Ugh and it's just going to get worse to, just wait he'll continue to act this way with Megu, or keep modelling, maybe even both and he'll hurt Mei to the point where we all hate him for having the type of personality he has.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Oh man I saw this coming. . . Doubt is such an awful thing. But Mei has been doing alright so far!
Sep 3, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2014
Cookies making ~ .. put your heart in it !!
Top-model afflictions !!
Ohh .. rejected .. that answer was good , yamato !!
Being just regular classmates is fine . just don't cause unnecessary troubles .
Mei is not being honest in her feelings at this episode . girl be true on this times .
So she's still inconclusive on her thoughts about their relationship .. you'll hurt yourself more .
"Love date" modelling for once !!
Worry , Inferiority and Loneliness .. Mei's tears shedding !!
Pretty good episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2014 6:52 AM

Jan 2014
Jan 7, 2015 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhh, a beautiful girl is suddenly transfered plus she's a model? How original.
Nah, seriously though, I find these kind of plot device to drag the story not very interesting.

Anyway, from what I understood, it seem to me that Yamato is trying to make Mei jealous. He looked annoyed when she barely reacted to the fact that something had happened between him and Megu. If I had to guess, I think that he's scared that she's not attached to him or that she doesn't care about their relationship.

Ugh, that will make so much stupid misunderstanding that will probably last awfully long... I hope I'm wrong.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 10, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2015
Gosh! I can't stand that bitch! She made poor Mei cry... Why do they have add yet another character just to wreck it all?!
Nov 29, 2015 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
And a new rival/conflict... a model.

I still think Yamato is a pushover and is likely to cheat on Mei at some point, but he did keep her first by initially refusing to do the modeling interview because it would conflict with his walk home with her. Nobody else was keeping Mei's interests in mind.
Dec 24, 2015 5:33 AM

Sep 2015
Oh there comes Megumi, Miss Forced relationship xD Top model walks into your school, asks you out and takes you to a photoshoot, like, what are the odds? ahahhaha
Mei tastes some bitter jealousy... felt bad for her. Bake Megu some weaponized cookies, will you? ;D
Mar 2, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
I'm loving this anime. But as much as I love this anime, I hate the "here, well throw a new bitch that'll conveniently fall in love with the lead because we can't think of something else that will make you cringe even more" trope
Mar 7, 2016 9:08 AM

Jun 2010
Megu is annoying. I'm sure she suggested the whole "having a date" idea. And I bet she'll want to have a kiss photo as well to destroy Yamato's relationship.

I think Mei's bad self esteem is too much. It's annoying already.
May 18, 2016 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
Ume Kurumizawa #2 has arrived. Megumi is so annoying.
New skill acquired: Jealousy
Here comes the trouble...
Jul 24, 2016 4:43 PM

Feb 2015
fishergirl16 said:
This was literally painful for me to watch.. I couldn't stop crying. I had to stop the episode at one point just to calm myself. It's just that I feel exactly like Mei.. I'm kind of the "inferior girl" with my boyfriend, and people say that he could do better than me, or that he makes a better couple with another girl, or whatever.
But I know he loves me.. so I don't worry.

at least your BF doesn't like you because you kicked him to kingdom come.

It's just the painful sting of hearing comments like that.. and the fear it instills in you. I know exactly what Mei is going through :/ I'm also like her in that I don't tell my boyfriend what I'm really feeling inside so that he is happy. Like with the whole walking home thing, you know that Mei wants Yamato to walk her home, but she dismisses it anyways. Just so much like me, it made me super emotional throughout the episode...

then you and mei need to stop caring about others if you just said you didn't worry about it.

I just want Mei to remember that Yamato loves her, a lot, it's so apparent, and that makes me happy.

she can't hear you over her loud insecurities.

However, I want to warn Yamato too about Megu.... I hated the way he warmed up to her and the photo shoot nearing the end, I kept thinking of my own boyfriend doing that, and me watching it, and it was super painful :/

that is easy to take down. she said "think of someone you like" right? so obviously it's not meg but mei he's modeling with.

HibiChouchou said:

LOL
----------
i have never been so bored in my life looking at the first half of the show. all that happened was talking and walking back home. literally nothing of significance happened.

the second half was even more ridiculous. even for mei being my hero when she denied to be that dude's "friend", she is now whipped around into the cleche braindead shoujo MC.

firstly, the scene when she felt lonely walking home alone was nothing if not reminiscent of the notorious cringe of twilight. bella feels so alone not being around her edward just like how mei is. IT'S JUST ONE TIME. does he need to be around you every second of your life after school?

second, the model idea was literally a recipe for disaster, and i mean literally.

ingredient 1: have plain looking girl MC
ingredient 2: a "gorgeous" (i say "gorgeous" because the plot says he is, he doesn't look that way at all to me) BF MC that has literally no reason to like her let alone love her
two dashes of meaningless supporting characters
a whopping tablespoon of stupidity that no-one can see yamoto's modeling will make strife

animate a full episode and you're good to go!

thirdly, how can mei be so confident on what friends she should and should not have, and then she can't see the obvious with yamoto (temporary) modeling? not only that, but she turns into the most insecure mouse in the world looking at how yamoto models with his friend, when yamoto would LOVE to do that with her, but then she would get the wrong idea and mentally squeal about how much he's going to rape her. she wouldn't even be feeling this if she was more open to yamoto (who she STILL can't even get on A FIRST NAME BASIS WITH) this wouldn't go this way. but we need her to be that way in the first place, so we can write some of the crappiest "tension" into the story!

and to top it all off, she's a literal retard when it comes to cooking. oh wait, even a retard would to better than her.

fourthly, WHY DOES YAMOTO LOVE MEI. THERE IS STILL NO LEGIT REASON. i think i'm slowly hating this show, which is bad since i fooled myself into thinking an anime with sex in it can be taken with maturity.

P.S. just like how i think yamoto is not handsome, megumi is freaking UGLY with the freaking ugly eyes and eyelashes.

P.P.S. where the heck is the slut dude for mei and slut girl for yamoto?????
TomDayJul 24, 2016 4:53 PM
Jul 24, 2016 5:00 PM

Jul 2010
I'm sorry lol, I was like 15. Thanks for quoting this tho haha, I genuinely laughed at myself. You're right, it's a shitty show. Watch Nana if you want a (mostly) mature romantic drama with sex.
TomDay said:
fishergirl16 said:
This was literally painful for me to watch.. I couldn't stop crying. I had to stop the episode at one point just to calm myself. It's just that I feel exactly like Mei.. I'm kind of the "inferior girl" with my boyfriend, and people say that he could do better than me, or that he makes a better couple with another girl, or whatever.
But I know he loves me.. so I don't worry.

at least your BF doesn't like you because you kicked him to kingdom come.

It's just the painful sting of hearing comments like that.. and the fear it instills in you. I know exactly what Mei is going through :/ I'm also like her in that I don't tell my boyfriend what I'm really feeling inside so that he is happy. Like with the whole walking home thing, you know that Mei wants Yamato to walk her home, but she dismisses it anyways. Just so much like me, it made me super emotional throughout the episode...

then you and mei need to stop caring about others if you just said you didn't worry about it.

I just want Mei to remember that Yamato loves her, a lot, it's so apparent, and that makes me happy.

she can't hear you over her loud insecurities.

However, I want to warn Yamato too about Megu.... I hated the way he warmed up to her and the photo shoot nearing the end, I kept thinking of my own boyfriend doing that, and me watching it, and it was super painful :/

that is easy to take down. she said "think of someone you like" right? so obviously it's not meg but mei he's modeling with.

HibiChouchou said:

LOL
----------
i have never been so bored in my life looking at the first half of the show. all that happened was talking and walking back home. literally nothing of significance happened.

the second half was even more ridiculous. even for mei being my hero when she denied to be that dude's "friend", she is now whipped around into the cleche braindead shoujo MC.

firstly, the scene when she felt lonely walking home alone was nothing if not reminiscent of the notorious cringe of twilight. bella feels so alone not being around her edward just like how mei is. IT'S JUST ONE TIME. does he need to be around you every second of your life after school?

second, the model idea was literally a recipe for disaster, and i mean literally.

ingredient 1: have plain looking girl MC
ingredient 2: a "gorgeous" (i say "gorgeous" because the plot says he is, he doesn't look that way at all to me) BF MC that has literally no reason to like her let alone love her
two dashes of meaningless supporting characters
a whopping tablespoon of stupidity that no-one can see yamoto's modeling will make strife

animate a full episode and you're good to go!

thirdly, how can mei be so confident on what friends she should and should not have, and then she can't see the obvious with yamoto (temporary) modeling? not only that, but she turns into the most insecure mouse in the world looking at how yamoto models with his friend, when yamoto would LOVE to do that with her, but then she would get the wrong idea and mentally squeal about how much he's going to rape her. she wouldn't even be feeling this if she was more open to yamoto (who she STILL can't even get on A FIRST NAME BASIS WITH) this wouldn't go this way. but we need her to be that way in the first place, so we can write some of the crappiest "tension" into the story!

and to top it all off, she's a literal retard when it comes to cooking. oh wait, even a retard would to better than her.

fourthly, WHY DOES YAMOTO LOVE MEI. THERE IS STILL NO LEGIT REASON. i think i'm slowly hating this show, which is bad since i fooled myself into thinking an anime with sex in it can be taken with maturity.

P.S. just like how i think yamoto is not handsome, megumi is freaking UGLY with the freaking ugly eyes and eyelashes.

P.P.S. where the heck is the slut dude for mei and slut girl for yamoto?????
Jul 29, 2016 11:42 PM

Feb 2015
fishergirl16 said:
I'm sorry lol, I was like 15. Thanks for quoting this tho haha, I genuinely laughed at myself. You're right, it's a shitty show. Watch Nana if you want a (mostly) mature romantic drama with sex.

LOL, you serious? thought you were like 22 with you talking like that LOL
Jul 29, 2016 11:51 PM

Jul 2010
TomDay said:
fishergirl16 said:

LOL, you serious? thought you were like 22 with you talking like that LOL

Yup. Almost 20 now though. In some appreciation for my younger self, my boyfriend back then did end up cheating on me, so I suppose my insecurity had been warranted, lol. Still doesn't forgive the show, though. :P
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.