Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 6 Discussion

Nov 10, 2012 8:24 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, that huge (and annoying) rival (Kotobuki-san) of Mei's has appeared!

Mei trying to bake under the encouragement of Yamato's sister.

Idol girl, Megu, transferred and got a liking on Yamato, who rejected her immediately. She then used the opportunity of being transfer student to get Mei away slowly from him, and get Yamato to be a model (by being her "boyfriend") + getting Mei feeling inferior.
Modified by tsubasalover, Nov 10, 2012 9:15 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Nov 10, 2012 8:24 AM

This was another cute episode imo.

The blushes from Mei was funny to watch. Megumi looks pretty popular and seems to take a liking to Yamato. Ah Mei, you better watch your man.

I have to say though..both Megumi and Yamato looks good in those clothes during that photo shoot. Mei feels a bit inferior compared to her and I don't blame her at all.
Modified by Stark700, Nov 10, 2012 10:20 AM

Nov 10, 2012 10:22 AM

I have to give the show props for conveying the emotion in this episode. I felt really bad for Mei.

Nov 10, 2012 10:34 AM

Yoooo ;w;

I have been reading the manga since 2009 and I know whats going to happen anyway, but I still was crying for Mei! T____T Gtfo Megu

Pooor Mei T____T </3 And wtf is wrong is Asami for kinda pushing Megu and Yamato together!! UGHHH T___T

Im just kinda shocked Megu appeared this fast in the anime o.o
hi

Nov 10, 2012 11:49 AM

Come on Mei! If she realized how much Yamato actually cared for her, she wouldn't be running into these problems. You can't blame her though, she's been used to being the ignored/lonely/inferior person for nearly her entire social life.

Nov 10, 2012 11:52 AM

Seriously that megumi is so useless I hate that kind of character :/

Nov 10, 2012 12:01 PM

Wow Megu is finally here, I can finally start bitching with a reason.
I never liked her... and I like her even less now that she's animated lmao

Nov 10, 2012 12:02 PM
No no no no no no, just no. Sukitte, what the hell are you doing?
Not the overused lame love triangle, for God's sake.
You were amazing so far, so why this shit now?
Is adding some random love rival the only way to make drama?
Come on, you can do better than this!

Nov 10, 2012 12:05 PM

Megu already appeared? Whoa, things are going really fast.
I'm glad they didn't do whole modeling conflict in one episode.

Nov 10, 2012 12:22 PM

I hate the fact that new characters who try to take away Yamato from Mei just keep popping up.

Nov 10, 2012 12:27 PM

So many feelings(both happy and sad) in this episode.
I loved the cookie and hammer scene. xD

Asami kind of annoyed me this episode though.

It's sad how so many people in the school treat Mei badly especially when everyone was talking about how Yamato and the new girl would make a perfect couple. :/

Nov 10, 2012 12:37 PM

wow looks like we have another bitch... -.-

another female character to bitch to about.

Nov 10, 2012 12:42 PM

Wow this show and Tonari No Kaibutsu kun follow the same structure.

Episode 6/13 rival love interest shows up and causes conflict even though it's clear that the issue will be sorted out 2-3 episodes from now.

Still, I like it.

Nov 10, 2012 12:47 PM

Mei hitting the cookie with the hammer was hilarious.

I really hope the rest of this show won't continue this trend of characters showing up just to mess with their relation.
Ara ara.

Nov 10, 2012 12:55 PM
Kami-sama

DoctorDoom said:
Mei hitting the cookie with the hammer was hilarious.

I really hope the rest of this show won't continue this trend of characters showing up just to mess with their relation.

This ^^ Hope their relationship will get better . Also:

Nov 10, 2012 1:30 PM

New idol and rivalry emerges!

Damn, this can be exciting.

Nov 10, 2012 1:55 PM
めんどくさい

Even though the Hammer Test showed improvement, her cat refused to have anything to do with the "cookie" - however, during the credits it DID however offer to help her feel better by letting her hold it :)

Well, whatever about the New Girl - hopefully this doesn't get drug out for very long.

Nov 10, 2012 1:57 PM

I can only say:
Gambatte Mei! Don't let her push you away!

Nov 10, 2012 2:02 PM

Yamato looked super handsome with glasses!

Nov 10, 2012 4:22 PM

draker said:

wtf are u talking about the more sides in a love story the better

Nov 10, 2012 4:52 PM

Yamato does something to make mei sad. They make up. Rinse and repeat...... seriously this show isn't what i wanted it to be. The plot is to predictable and i can't help but get the feel that its trying to be just like kimi no todoke with the popular main male lead who often makes the main female feel inferior.

Nov 10, 2012 5:22 PM

then again it's kinda mei's fault for pushing yamato away

Nov 10, 2012 5:28 PM

Ugh. I can understand how Mei feels. Imagine you're dating a model, a singer or someone really talented (because she's a childhood friend or something), every time you're with her, you'll just be 'some guy' on set. But Mei/Kurosawa type of couple is rare imo; people tend to date other people of the same status, mindset, intelligence, and what not. It's just easier to relate to someone who's similar/able to understand you better.

Nov 10, 2012 5:39 PM

gillbobjones said:
Yamato does something to make mei sad. They make up. Rinse and repeat...... seriously this show isn't what i wanted it to be. The plot is to predictable and i can't help but get the feel that its trying to be just like kimi no todoke with the popular main male lead who often makes the main female feel inferior.

I agree, that's exactly what I'm starting veer away from now. They're starting to use the 'typical' problems every couple faces, which is a nice backbone but they'll go so much farther as a show if every 'typical' problem is resolved in a unique way that was never done before such as some obvious action that requires a lot of courage or just a new way that really gives much more depth to Mei's character. I will definitely drop this anime if it becomes another Kimi ni Todoke where the girl takes FOREVER to state her feelings and has to go through so much drama to finally spit it out. Did not make her 'endearing' in the least!

Nov 10, 2012 5:50 PM

I felt really bad for Mei. Dumb bimbo model was a horrible character, they shouldn't have introduced her at all.

Nov 10, 2012 6:00 PM
another day as usual mei & yamato include mei trying to bake cookies with yamato's sister give phone message & yea no longer weapon version.

give til meet female model aka Megumi Kitagawa who has fallen for yamato yet while sure trying get yamato yet mei in the way oh well hmm & so have model pic shooting with yamato?

give it all look fine with yamato with glasses then pic shooting got mei like feeling bit lonely & why?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime

Nov 10, 2012 7:00 PM

Let's just throw in another (supporting, btw) character basically out of nowhere, let's just introduce her as a "gorgeous model" - that's it. Profound much, he?
Then Megumi falls in love with Yamato so that we have now the cliched love triangle for some eps? Great. Been waiting for this.
Also, didn't Yamato already decline offers to be a model because he's just not interested in that? Didn't he even rejected Megumi and criticised her being only focused on looks and that he doesn't like such? What's modelling? All about looks, maybe?
And now he suddenly agrees without a second thought to a foto shooting - however that came up in the first place and of all people it sure has to be with Megumi for whatever reason - because they were short on people at the agency??? ..eh, yeah, right. Seems legit. Even if Megumi set it all up Yamato sure is obliged to help out. Yeah.
Not to forget the obviously forced melodrama all over the place.
Worst. Episode. I've. Seen. (This season)
Jeez. Shoot the director for this epitome of inconsistency, nonsense and stupidity.
So much rage.~

On the other hand Meis feelings and her thought pattern get really repetitive..
But I found it cute how hard she tries to bake edible cookies for Yamato.
Modified by nantuko, Nov 10, 2012 7:09 PM

Nov 10, 2012 7:20 PM

Cliche love triangle felt so forced...

Nov 10, 2012 7:22 PM

I'm seriously considering skipping every scene with Megu-bitch in it. I've already read the manga so I know what happens, so it won't matter. I just can't stand girls like her.

Nov 10, 2012 7:34 PM

poor mei
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Nov 10, 2012 7:47 PM

WrathSC said:
draker said:

The problem is that it's the usual cliche "popular idol come to try to NTR the MC" that is in too many anime.

Please kill that bitch.
Mei should feed her some weaponized cookies.

Nov 10, 2012 7:57 PM

Megu reminds me Kurumi from kimi ni todoke

Nov 10, 2012 8:52 PM
I feel so sorry for Mei but it's sort of her fault. I only hope that she starts standing up for their relationship soon or it's done for.

Nov 10, 2012 8:54 PM

I pretty much knew from the moment I saw this model girl exactly the kind of problem she was going to create and I could smell her intentions from across the globe.

Show, you aren't impressing me.

Nov 10, 2012 9:08 PM
Spoony Bard

This was literally painful for me to watch.. I couldn't stop crying. I had to stop the episode at one point just to calm myself. It's just that I feel exactly like Mei.. I'm kind of the "inferior girl" with my boyfriend, and people say that he could do better than me, or that he makes a better couple with another girl, or whatever.
But I know he loves me.. so I don't worry. It's just the painful sting of hearing comments like that.. and the fear it instills in you. I know exactly what Mei is going through :/ I'm also like her in that I don't tell my boyfriend what I'm really feeling inside so that he is happy. Like with the whole walking home thing, you know that Mei wants Yamato to walk her home, but she dismisses it anyways. Just so much like me, it made me super emotional throughout the episode...

I just want Mei to remember that Yamato loves her, a lot, it's so apparent, and that makes me happy. However, I want to warn Yamato too about Megu.... I hated the way he warmed up to her and the photo shoot nearing the end, I kept thinking of my own boyfriend doing that, and me watching it, and it was super painful :/ I hope Yamato doesn't get that modelling job permanently; that would be BAD NEWS. D: Megu needs to back off. Like, seriously.

Just to add though -- I was a little disappointed about the addition of the usual love triangle :( The show was pretty ingenious so far, but it's become cliche. However, it still shines in this too, reflected by how the episode really touched me. I want to see where Sukitte Ii na Yo does with this, hopefully it's more original than the usual structure.

Please don't be a second Kimi ni Todoke....
Modified by fishergirl16, Nov 10, 2012 9:13 PM

Nov 10, 2012 9:14 PM
Spoony Bard

gillbobjones said:

Maybe, but the beginning episodes were a lot more original than something like Kimi ni Todoke.

Nov 10, 2012 9:25 PM

Wow! Seriously. Mei goes to a school where everyone is an inconsiderate bitch and yes, do add the guys in the list too. I felt so bad for her. This episode really made me think: "Are people in general so inconsiderate to say things that might hurt someone?" I really thought random comments flying in from all the nobodies around her were painful enough, and then Nakanishi and Asami joined those lowlives too. The last scene when she was completely at a loss, as tears gathered in her eyes... it was so damn sad. :(

If it wasn't for the lovely Mei with her attempts with cookies, I wouldn't have given this episode a 5/5.

Nov 10, 2012 10:26 PM

Satsugai73 said:
wow looks like we have another bitch... -.-

another female character to bitch to about.

You know I'm going to have agree with you on this one. I really want to see their love bloom, but there are this continuation of love triangles getting in the way. It's a good story but I think it could be much better if they didn't keep putting girls to sway him from Mei. Please oh please just let their romance build. Drama is nice, change the pace of the twists...goodness we get it, he's attractive.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.

Nov 10, 2012 10:37 PM

WrathSC said:
draker said:

ugh i just find it annoying, even after reading the manga. Oh well it doesn't last very long

Nov 11, 2012 12:49 AM

Ok, Mei has become an alien in my eyes. Who the heck identifies accurately what they're feeling but not why they're feeling that way? The last scene would have been so much better if she had felt like leaving or just generally sad or something.

I thought at first that Tonari and Sukitte were similar anime, but now that this series is going downhill with bringing in all the conventional elements (kid sister/brother who hates the love interest for example) but resolving the issues lightning fast so tension doesn't have time to build, I enjoy Tonari much more because its writing is superior. Sukitte has for a few eps felt like the Mary Sue and Gary Stu adventure, and the sugary perfection makes for a boring watch. I hope that this new rival will at least stick around long enough to get the main gal act more human.

Nov 11, 2012 12:57 AM

Getting worse and more cliche, yet I still love it.

I think I like shojo anime too much. >.>

Nov 11, 2012 1:32 AM

This episode dragged on a little for me. Maybe it's because I just don't find the rival interesting with the idol trope. Other shows I've seen have done this so this show has to execute it better for it to stand apart but here's the thing: It's not executing it any differently than an other show would. Super confident idol coming in so our main character with an inferiority complex loses it.

Nov 11, 2012 1:35 AM

If you have read the manga or go read it youy will only notice it will become extremely similar to Kimi ni todoke, VERY.

Its still decent thou, I recommend go read the manga, if you are having second thoughts about the anime check it out for peace of mind.

As some noticed this Megu bitch will be the same as Kurimi, using even the same dirty tactics...

Nov 11, 2012 3:27 AM

my favorite episode so far

Nov 11, 2012 3:38 AM

Ok this episode felt really long. Not at all like the last episode. :/

First of all, I feel like Mei and Yamato's relationship isn't moving forward anymore. I also feel like Mei isn't trying very hard to get it moving. Which brings me to the point of saying how natural Yamato looked when he was with Megu. It's like they say, people feed off another's energy. They kinda do fit well together. It's sad to say because I like Mei a lot and want to see her with Yamato. But this episode didn't impress me much.

Nov 11, 2012 7:28 AM

Not my type of episode people overreacting to a model and it's surprising so many people recognised her i mean fashion magazine's is aimed at a certain audience so the number of people that read them is limited, the number of people buying magazine's is also declining mainly due to competition from the internet.
Also didn't like the reactions i have never seen people react in such a way towards people i know it's common in Anime and manga but it doesn't seem very realistic or maybe it's just the culture i am from.

The personality of Megu was also annoying like she could do anything since people won't complain anyway, they where to busy drooling over her.
The only one that mentioned something to go against her was Yamoto by rejecting her which surprised her, she was so confident in her looks that she didn't not expect to be rejected like that.
And her way of befriending Mei like that to get close to Yamato is just being bitchy.

Nov 11, 2012 7:36 AM

lol they looked cute in the photo shoots together...its mei fault......

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 11, 2012 8:29 AM

Loved Yamato's rejection. :D

Nov 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Kyaa, I knew that Megu chick was gonna cause something bad!! Don't like her already.. I feel like she's up to something.. Gambate Mei!
[center][center][center][center]

Nov 11, 2012 10:27 AM

So cliché it hurts.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store