Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2012 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
Endymion said:
And if there will be some (near)yaoi scene which was caused by mental state of the characters and not just because director decided to add some hentai element - this will only make characters more believable.
Just want to say that every yaoi/yuri/underaged-sex shown in the anime is there in the novel, and the novel is even more explicit about it. So it is not anything related to anime staff adding things.

And there is good explanation to it -- remember the Library already mentioned why in ep.4. In the novel, we even know that yaoi/yuri/underaged sex/promiscuity is part of the education at home and school, all because of the reason given by the Library. (the only thing that has strict rules is heterosexual intercourse)

And those scenes also serve important role in the development of the character relationship too, as sex serves as a show of affection and bonding, so in the novel it is not something gratuitously added just for the sake of it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 8:12 AM
Jul 2012
I find all the homophobes posting on here hilarious. Sheesh, if you're so narrow minded you can't accept that two guys are going to have implied sex then there's something wrong with you watching this series. Why watch and complain about how sick it makes you feel when you can just drop it and go watch your ecchi harem anime.

If you have nothing nice to say, just don't say anything at all. I personally am looking forward to the next episode, that time-skip!
Nov 11, 2012 8:22 AM
Nov 2012
The reason why I prefer Saki with Satoru over Shun is because... Well, the thing about Saki and Shun is that in that relationship, it'd feel like Shun would 'take charge' in everything; like he did with the mantra in episode 7 for instance.

However, with Saki/Satoru, it felt like there was more cooperation and unity between them. Like they were equal. That might have been caused simply by their circumstances at the time, but nonetheless, that's the impression I got. I guess that's why I certainly wouldn't mind, maybe even prefering, a Saki/Satoru pairing.
Nov 11, 2012 8:53 AM

Mar 2008
symbv said:
Just want to say that every yaoi/yuri/underaged-sex shown in the anime is there in the novel, and the novel is even more explicit about it. So it is not anything related to anime staff adding things.

Yes I got an idea by reading this topic. In TV anime they just can't show it more explicit. Unless it will be 90% covered in fog... It's just I wasn't able to read the novel yet and know very little about it, so I speak as if only anime exists.

kpk10 said:
I guess that's why I certainly wouldn't mind, maybe even prefering, a Saki/Satoru pairing.

Yep, out of personal preference I also want to see Saki/Satoru pairing. But if it will be Saki/Shun - well, alright, it's not me who chooses, after all.
Nov 11, 2012 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
kpk10 said:
The reason why I prefer Saki with Satoru over Shun is because... Well, the thing about Saki and Shun is that in that relationship, it'd feel like Shun would 'take charge' in everything; like he did with the mantra in episode 7 for instance.

However, with Saki/Satoru, it felt like there was more cooperation and unity between them. Like they were equal. That might have been caused simply by their circumstances at the time, but nonetheless, that's the impression I got. I guess that's why I certainly wouldn't mind, maybe even prefering, a Saki/Satoru pairing.

So far, I prefer the Saki/Satoru pairing too because (I would like to think) Satoru came after Saki in Ep. 5 instead of them coincidentally finding each other. Still, we haven't seen much development of Saki/Shun. While they like each other, it seems only based on general admiration.
Nov 11, 2012 9:16 AM
Nov 2012
Endymion said:
kpk10 said:
I guess that's why I certainly wouldn't mind, maybe even prefering, a Saki/Satoru pairing.

Yep, out of personal preference I also want to see Saki/Satoru pairing. But if it will be Saki/Shun - well, alright, it's not me who chooses, after all.

Well, Saki and Satoru are the two leads of the series so it would make sense for them to end up together...
Nov 11, 2012 9:19 AM

Sep 2012
kpk10 said:
Still can't see why you got that impression that he is the "take charge" type. If anything, we are seeing Satoru taking charge as he approaches Shu in the coming episode.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
I am thinking more highly of Satoru because he was able to think through that they were still in danger, even when they were saved by Kiroumaru. I hope the adults are not able to trick the kids into revealing that Kiroumaru towed them.

I don't understand why they are returning to the village when they know they were reported to the Ethics Committee. Even if the assumption is that people are conditioned to not kill humans, doesn't the conditioning only apply to PK-users? And even if the conditioning applies to all humans, couldn't the Committee just drug the kids and have the rats kill them anyway? I guess the kids can't think of anywhere else to go.

At the end, the narrator says they managed to outwit the adults and get their powers back, but they had no idea they were mistaken. This suggests their powers were taken away again and maybe the reason they were allowed to live.
Nov 11, 2012 9:41 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
kpk10 said:
If anything, we are seeing Satoru taking charge as he approaches Shu in the coming episode.

But you said that part wasn't in the novel...
kpk10Nov 11, 2012 9:47 AM
Nov 11, 2012 9:48 AM

Mar 2008
deuxes said:
I don't understand why they are returning to the village when they know they were reported to the Ethics Committee.

Yes, this is true according to my understanding. Because people at village can't kill them without harming themselves.

deuxes said:
Even if the assumption is that people are conditioned to not kill humans, doesn't the conditioning only apply to PK-users?

Isn't all the village, except small kids is a PK-users? Besides you right that they have nowhere to go. While at village, they need to be dragged to rats 1st. While outside - they only helping to get rid of them.

deuxes said:
At the end, the narrator says they managed to outwit the adults and get their powers back, but they had no idea they were mistaken. This suggests their powers were taken away again and maybe the reason they were allowed to live.

As someone who didn't read the novel, I can say we shouldn't connect these 2 sentences. They managed to outwit the adults and they were mistaken. Second part may refer to something else not yet known to us. Or something they didn't focused our attention on. Also it may be simple - they was pretending their power sealed, and adults was pretending they don't know that kids returned their power. Until something happened.
EndymionNov 11, 2012 9:53 AM
Nov 11, 2012 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
^ @Endymion
I think you are on the right track to understanding this anime.

kpk10 said:
symbv said:
f anything, we are seeing Satoru taking charge as he approaches Shu in the coming episode.
When did I say that??

Nov 11, 2012 9:54 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
^ @Endymion
I think you are on the right track to understanding this anime.

kpk10 said:
symbv said:
f anything, we are seeing Satoru taking charge as he approaches Shu in the coming episode.
When did I say that??

Nov 11, 2012 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
kpk10 said:
This should really be in Novel Spoiler as it is about what is coming in next episode.
symbvNov 11, 2012 10:12 AM

Nov 11, 2012 10:22 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
kpk10 said:
This should really be in Novel Spoiler as it is about what is coming in next episode.

Nov 11, 2012 10:41 AM
Nov 2011
@symbv
do the guys think that the Ethics Committee doesn't know their names (they supposed that the wolf-rat should be the one to report them to the committe, but, if i am not wrong, they didn't say their names to him)?
Nov 11, 2012 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
kpk10 said:

Anyway, a bit more novel spoiler for that scene in ep.7

Nov 11, 2012 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode at last :)
Nov 11, 2012 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
pinotto90 said:
@symbv
do the guys think that the Ethics Committee doesn't know their names (they supposed that the wolf-rat should be the one to report them to the committe, but, if i am not wrong, they didn't say their names to him)?
Not sure about your question. You are asking whether the Ethics Committee knows about whose names?

Nov 11, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2008
pinotto90 said:
@symbv

not sure about this question either, but even if rat was reporting something to someone, why you think he (or someone else) needs to know _names_ to do that? Its not like there is a lot of kids wandering outside of the village.
EndymionNov 11, 2012 11:47 AM
Nov 11, 2012 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
STOP SPOILING I CANT CONTAIN MYSELF FROM CLICKING UGH
Nov 11, 2012 12:02 PM
Nov 2012
amare135 said:
STOP SPOILING I CANT CONTAIN MYSELF FROM CLICKING UGH

Even if you'll click on it and see nothing will happen. It's not a very big spoiler. We were only talking about that bit we saw in the preview for episode 8...
Nov 11, 2012 12:41 PM
Nov 2011
symbv said:
pinotto90 said:
@symbv
Not sure about your question. You are asking whether the Ethics Committee knows about whose names?
i'm asking if the comitte knows who committed the crime or if they just know that there were 5 children
Nov 11, 2012 12:42 PM
Nov 2011
Endymion said:
pinotto90 said:
@symbv

not sure about this question either, but even if rat was reporting something to someone, why you think he (or someone else) needs to know _names_ to do that? Its not like there is a lot of kids wandering outside of the village.
all the class was on a trip that day, the teacher said so at the end of ep 3
Nov 11, 2012 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
pinotto90 said:
Endymion said:
pinotto90 said:
@symbv

I don't recall the kids formally introducing themselves to any of the rats.
Nov 11, 2012 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
pinotto90 said:
i'm asking if the comitte knows who committed the crime or if they just know that there were 5 children

Technically, since monk died no one should know they have met that library... Or even if someone knows, its not because rats told them, because rats can't know this for sure.
Edit: The only way for Committee to find out was to see that their power sealed. But at the end of the ep they say they succeeded in tricking adults and unsealing their powers (they had names of their mantra's written in some places). So... if adults really know about whats going on - they figured that out in some other way. This is maybe where kids "was mistaken", or not. Kiroumaru maybe reported that he found some kids, but not more than that. He said if adults will find out that he helped them - he'll receive death sentence. But If adults already know what kids did and ordered to kill them, by letting them go it should already be death sentence for Kiroumaru, isn't it?

pinotto90 said:

But I had impression that for main characters it took more time to return to the village compared to the rest of the class, no?
EndymionNov 11, 2012 1:51 PM
Nov 11, 2012 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
I usually avoid MAL community, but i decided to make an exception since it's not the first time i see reactions like this and i sorta felt like making a post.

Anyway, Anime fandom is pretty much the only fandom i know that has such reactions to sex/homosexual themes in story. With TV shows most people just deal with it.

Maybe it's because most people don't look for anything more than eyecandy (hence why stuff like SAO, K-on and ecchi/harems are so popular nowadays), but honestly, if you can't handle 1 minute of >implied, not explicit homosexual sex with fade-to-black you probably just stick to simple, wish-fulfillment series and avoid more complex works, since they'll probably bound to have something you don't like at some point.

Nov 11, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
This anime is bloody good, I have to say.
Nov 11, 2012 2:28 PM
Nov 2011
Endymion said:
pinotto90 said:

Technically, since monk died no one should know they have met that library... Or even if someone knows, its not because rats told them, because rats can't know this for sure.
Edit: The only way for Committee to find out was to see that their power sealed. But at the end of the ep they say they succeeded in tricking adults and unsealing their powers (they had names of their mantra's written in some places). So... if adults really know about whats going on - they figured that out in some other way. This is maybe where kids "was mistaken", or not. Kiroumaru maybe reported that he found some kids, but not more than that. He said if adults will find out that he helped them - he'll receive death sentence. But If adults already know what kids did and ordered to kill them, by letting them go it should already be death sentence for Kiroumaru, isn't it?

pinotto90 said:

But I had impression that for main characters it took more time to return to the village compared to the rest of the class, no?
they went too far, this is a crime itself. one of them used his power in war without permission too.

from ep3 to ep7 3 nights have passed
Nov 11, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
pinotto90 said:
they went too far, this is a crime itself. one of them used his power in war without permission too.

I don't think this is too much of a crime. They weren't even that much concerned about it. Instead they are worried that adults may figure out that their power was sealed.
Anyway if what they did, other than listening to that library is considered to be a crime, Kiroumaru never reported about that. Otherwise his words about possible death sentence make no sense.
Nov 11, 2012 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
Oh god please, don't tell me there's going to be yaoi...
Nov 11, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2011
trusttt said:

...., please dont take this as me being offensive..., but have you not read any of the forum threads from episode 1???

But if you are lazy like me, here
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 11, 2012 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
Jin_uzuki said:
I usually avoid MAL community, but i decided to make an exception since it's not the first time i see reactions like this and i sorta felt like making a post.

Oh, let us absorb the great knowledge you are about to impart upon us.

Jin_uzuki said:

Anyway, Anime fandom is pretty much the only fandom i know that has such reactions to sex/homosexual themes in story. With TV shows most people just deal with it.

There is no difference. When most people see two homosexuals start kissing on TV there is usually a few moments of awkardness in the room. That's all that's going to happen here.

Jin_uzuki said:

Maybe it's because most people don't look for anything more than eyecandy (hence why stuff like SAO, K-on and ecchi/harems are so popular nowadays), but honestly, if you can't handle 1 minute of >implied, not explicit homosexual sex with fade-to-black you probably just stick to simple, wish-fulfillment series and avoid more complex works, since they'll probably bound to have something you don't like at some point.

Don't compare SAO to K-ON and Ecchi/harems. Also the point is that we can handle it, but it offers for a very awkward few moments while you watch two guys start making out.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 11, 2012 4:48 PM
Nov 2012
armeg said:
There is no difference. When most people see two homosexuals start kissing on TV there is usually a few moments of awkardness in the room. That's all that's going to happen here.

Oh, wow. Are you some kind of mind reader? :-D

It's amazing that you know what most people think and feel about homosexuality...

:-/
Nov 11, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
@The Homophobes

Count yourself lucky that your watching anime. Where the guys are either well groomed, very feminine, and or both. Also if it's the whole anal thing, you can also do that to chicks so I really don't see why this would be all that disturbing. Though being an Atheist/Liberal does make acceptance/openness easier.
Nov 11, 2012 7:38 PM
Jun 2012
This is irrelevant to episode 7 but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can read the novel/manga online.

For anyone who has read it, is there much of a difference?

Oh and for episode 7, I enjoyed it like always, though at some parts I feel as though the story is going to fast. That being said, in other parts I feel like it's just dragging on.
Nov 11, 2012 7:45 PM

Jul 2011
kpk10 said:
armeg said:

Oh, wow. Are you some kind of mind reader? :-D

It's amazing that you know what most people think and feel about homosexuality...

:-/

No, I'm just pointing out through anecdotal evidence. Also have you ever been to a movie theater and paid attention when those scenes happen?
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 11, 2012 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
pinotto90 said:
Endymion said:
pinotto90 said:
pinotto90 said:

from ep3 to ep7 3 nights have passed
There are good and valid points from pinotto90 and Endymion. Since I read the novel, I think I would clarify a few things here:

- The word "crime" sounds too serious. I would call it "infringement of the ethics code" which is the word used in the novel. Of course punishment can be very serious (disappearance) but it can be very light too. There is nothing like a civil code vs a criminal code legal system in this world so calling it "crime" sounds a bit off (at least to me).
That said, the "infringement" by the kids can be found on several levels: At its lightest, they are not doing their schoolwork (summer camp); more seriously they ventured into zone where kids like them should not have tread; even more seriously using power on squeerats without permission; or most seriously encounter the Library and proceed to learn things from it.

- It is true that 3 nights passed in Satoru and Saki's adventure. IIRC we also need to add 1 night for their first night of camping, making it 4 nights. But the summer camp actually should last for 7 days. So the children are coming back too early. Even if the adults did not hear anything from Kiromaru or anybody else, they would know something is amiss there.

- It is true that since the Rijin monk is dead before he told anyone about the kids no one should know about the kids' encounter with the Library. The only clue that something unusual had happened is if the adults found out something's wrong with the kids, like they do not have power any more.

- As for the last sentence by Saki's narration: You will find out what it means in the next episode.
symbvNov 11, 2012 9:53 PM

Nov 11, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
This episode, though still riddled with numerous directorial flaws, was a substantial improvement over the last two, due, in large part, to a return to the tense, unsettling atmosphere that had beautifully permeated the earlier episodes. The latter half of the episode felt particularly rushed, but I’m quite forgiving of this slight flaw, since it effectively allows the story to transition into a more engaging section of the narrative, as I’m thoroughly intrigued about the differences in their older selves and their return to the bleak, oppressive society that they were temporarily disconnected from.

Squealer’s temporary betrayal, though foreshadowed quite a bit, was really effective in establishing an uneasy atmosphere. I also liked his eventual redemption, though he was still portrayed as a pathetic individual. Kiroumaru, the leader of the Giant Hornet colony, is a highly intriguing character, and, though it seems unlikely, I hope to see more of him in the future. Satoru was extensively perceptive throughout, particularly in his nighttime conversation with Saki, in which he was very reluctant to trust Kiroumaru. This sequence directly contrasts Satoru’s earlier carelessness, which was fully depicted by his naïve willingness to blindly follow the monk’s every suggestion in episode 4, despite the inherent risk involved.

A scene that seemed subtly important, in terms of foreshadowing, was the brief moment Satoru held onto Saki’s hand, while, as the Giant Hornet colony sped towards them, they acceptingly awaited their seemingly impending deaths. The framing of this interaction potentially suggests a parallel to the time Shun held Saki’s hand, as the camera lingered on this simplistic sensation for a second longer than the others, perhaps inferring that Saki's feelings could eventually change.

My favorite sequence, by far, was the moment Saki, after having fled into the forest along with Satoru, sharply gazes upward towards the moon, and then momentarily reflects on her seemingly distant memory of the innocently romantic "date" she once had with Shun. As her mind transitions into the past, there’s this brilliantly effective isolation and subsequent elevation of her frenzied breathing that continues through this painful memory, until a stifled cry ushers forth and a tear falls. It essentially illuminates a dichotomy between the dangerous, intense situation she’s currently in and the pleasant tranquility of that melancholic vestige of a nearly forgotten time. This moment could simply indicate a wistful remembrance of that sweetly romantic, but fleeting interaction, or it might very well foreshadow an imminent struggle between her contrasting emotions and romantic inclinations. As such, though not particularly evident at the moment, it seems quite possible that her feelings might eventually shift from Shun to Satoru.

I love that the mystery of the missing children was touched upon and examined again, since, at times, it appeared to be a forbidden topic of conversation, as though the other children willfully neglected to remember, so as to shield themselves from the painful truths they’re subconsciously aware of. The ending narration was extremely interesting and incredibly foreboding, as they somehow assumed they had outwitted the elders and reclaimed their powers, yet it’s ominously suggested that their “victory” is a thoroughly flawed and temporary one.

I am rather intrigued by the scene in the next episode that involves a seemingly sexual confrontation between Satoru and Shun. Clearly, it appears that the next episode will take place following an initial time-skip, so I’m quite interested to find out whether or not feelings have noticeably changed and if this unexpected scenario is derived from some form of emotional connection or if it’s merely of an experimental nature.

Saki is definitely the best and most compelling character, as her complex development continues to add nuanced layers of depth to her characterization, notably displayed by the bittersweet memory of the starlit boat-ride she had once taken with Shun. Satoru’s also proven to be supremely adept in violent, chaotic scenarios. As such, this essentially illustrates a transformation of his self-proven tendencies, moving past his childish ignorance into a heightened maturity and responsibility. Saki and Satoru’s interactions continue to be quite compelling and enjoyable. As the story progresses, I’m hoping for a deconstruction of Shun’s character, perhaps pertaining to his motivations and the mysterious nature of his typically heightened knowledge, since there definitely seems to be some sort of subtle, flickering darkness that occasionally appears.

This arc, though interesting at it’s core, had become a bit repetitive, while disappointingly offering minimal substance and revelatory depth to the mysterious fringes of their society. As such, portions of the story within this arc have felt strangely disconnected from the flow of the narrative, due mostly to the unavoidably fragmentary nature that typically surfaces during an isolated excursion such as the one taken by Saki and Satoru throughout the majority of the last three episodes. Of course, the developments that occurred throughout could, and likely will, influence future events and alter the characterization and development of certain characters, such as Saki and potentially Shun, in a rather meaningful, permanent fashion, but it partially depends on how significant these foreshadowed implications are that will ultimately determine whether or not this arc was wholly satisfying.

Thankfully, the storyboarding was largely excellent throughout, displaying an immense improvement over the last two episodes in that area. This, of course, was solely due to the return of Nobutoshi Ogura, who had previously storyboarded, rather superbly, episode 4, but this is, unfortunately, not indicative of the direction as a whole. As such, once again, the direction was the weakest element of the episode. It certainly wasn’t as poor as that found in the previous two episodes, but all it offered in it’s stead was an unsatisfying mediocrity. The entire episode contained far too many awkward scene transitions by way of a prevalence of ineffective, disorienting cuts to black. Though this didn’t heavily detract from the material, it was a noticeable, distracting flaw nonetheless.

The music was fantastic throughout, never faltering into the jarring sort of mediocrity that was found littered throughout two or so earlier episodes. The musical selection that accompanied the scene in which Squealer pleads for a reprieve was exceptional, and, aside from the choral arrangement, probably my favorite, as it’s wonderfully atmospheric. The animation was also solid, and a definite return to it’s former quality. Also, I quite like their character designs post time-skip.

Unfortunately, though thoroughly diminished in this episode, the plethora of flaws throughout this latest arc are almost entirely borne from the production side of the equation, and they solely appear to be largely indicative of a short-sighted approach to assembling the appropriate choices for the episodic directors, which, of course, is primarily the fault of Ishihama. Hopefully that doesn't become a recurring problem, since it's distracting from the extremely well-told story.

All in all, though still not able to reach the level of the first four episodes, From the New World delivers an episode that was much better and more impressive than the last two. Although this might, in the future, be deemed altogether impetuous, I’m rather confident that the majority of these touches of mediocrity that have filtered into the production will, for the most part, disappear, now that the narrative has eased past this divergent thread; a subplot that was clearly handled in a relatively disorderly manner, displaying a rather unfortunate and disappointing lack of storytelling precision and care, which created a noticeable dichotomy between the terrific cohesion found in the writing and the chaotic, inconsistent execution.
Nov 11, 2012 10:20 PM

Apr 2009
I really thought they won't be be coming home...and then the story would be life of survival and running away. XD They're not checked if their memory has been altered or given at least a psychic debriefing? What about the "supposed order" of the Ethics Committee? They know something that would unhinge the way their entire society works... or maybe that's what she was talking about in the preview that they were terribly mistaken?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 11, 2012 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
Yes for flashback, and I seriously thought people would be over the sex issue by now. It's just sex, and heavily censored at that.

I'm really starting to like Satoru really took charge last episode, Saki has also been great so far. I love when female leads have a decent head on their shoulders.

I think they returned to the village because they don't really have anywhere else to go. I mean in the situation I would only stay with the rat creatures if I had to. Not to mention they really thought they were in danger. Going back to the village was really their only option.
Nov 12, 2012 12:14 AM

Sep 2012
Wooo. That general was a rat ?
Nov 12, 2012 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
armeg said:
Don't compare SAO to K-ON and Ecchi/harems. Also the point is that we can handle it, but it offers for a very awkward few moments while you watch two guys start making out.

If it disturbs you in anyway then, you are to some degree, homophobic.
Also, SAO, K-On and ecchi/harems are pandering shounen stuff.
'A man, that maketh haste to be rich, and envieth others, is ignorant that poverty shall come upon him'. - Proverbs 28:22
Nov 12, 2012 6:45 AM

Sep 2009
chicagopiano said:
armeg said:

It's perfectly normal to find homosexual sex disgusting without hating or being afraid of gay people.
Nov 12, 2012 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
steaminferno said:
It's perfectly normal to find homosexual sex disgusting without hating or being afraid of gay people.
But just don't rant it in public to say how you are disgusted when a TV program shows homosexuality (like some seemed to be doing here)

Nov 12, 2012 8:07 AM

Oct 2009
Naxrrhid said:
trusttt said:

...., please dont take this as me being offensive..., but have you not read any of the forum threads from episode 1???

But if you are lazy like me, here

I read some but i don't read them all but thanks for the info and i didnt take it offensively, dont worry ;)
Nov 12, 2012 9:37 AM

Mar 2011
I seriously don't get what is even going on anymore
Nov 12, 2012 9:41 AM
Nov 2012
steaminferno said:
chicagopiano said:
armeg said:

Rightttttt...
Nov 12, 2012 2:26 PM

Jul 2010
steaminferno said:
chicagopiano said:
armeg said:

Homosexual behavior has been observed in many species and yet this doesn't typically effect their reproduction rates(perhaps this has a benefit?). That said, although the majority of our species is predisposed to be attracted to the opposite sex, there is no conclusive evidence that we inherently find homosexual sex disgusting.
Your comment assumes too much. People fail many times to take into account any prior conditioning they may have that might affect their reasoning(Not to say that this necessarily applies to you). Just something to consider.
Nov 12, 2012 2:39 PM
Aug 2010
Awesome as always.

Where is all this yaoi talk coming from? The preview? You guys are seriously complaining about yaoi from that? I seriously doubt there's any yaoi but if there is, its gonna need more than that, unless you have yaoi fangirl delusions.

Anyways, seems like the next episode is gonna a time skip, probably the first of a few; they seem to be teenagers now. Its easy to tell due to the change in their appearances, especially Saki, and the fact that the Satoru actually sounds like a guy now. Not sure about Shun though, I sure hope he does too.
Nov 12, 2012 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
Bobjones said:
Where is all this yaoi talk coming from? The preview? You guys are seriously complaining about yaoi from that?

Not only that. There is some guys here who was lucky enough to be able to read original Novel. And they don't mind to share some info. (Personally I wasn't reading spoilers, but I'm sure it's there somewhere)
Also from what I heard in different place, stuff about yaoi should be true. But in anime, I don't think they'll show much of that anyway. Maybe a bit of light Shounen-ai...
EndymionNov 12, 2012 3:14 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.