New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2012 9:11 PM

May 2012
Zhou said:
Karhu said:
Hate where?

Exactly, who is hating it?

Holy crap and he/she is even being serious about it.

The owner of that website is a complete noob. Judging anime through art? Pfft.

Note : Checked the internet archive of the website, it seems this noob started reviewing animes since 2011. Which means, hes only been a year (maybe two) into anime.
Nov 17, 2012 11:04 PM

May 2012
hate?? i didnt watch it coz a lot of negative review, but when i watch it i didnt see any hatfull things in it.. most likely SG from the beginning starting from slow.. so im rooting on it.. :)

Nov 18, 2012 7:29 AM

Sep 2010
TotalPotato said:
Anime_Name said:
TotalPotato said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Do you represent every other person in the audience? A lot of people were disappointed because of steins;gate. Just because you have other reasons doesn't mean assumptions of comparisons toward steins;gate are ludicrous.

When I see so many people in this thread discount the opinions of people who are disappointed with the show so far because of Steins;Gate, that's when I feel the assumptions have become ludicrous. Give the people who aren't so enthused with the show some credit.

READ: A lot of people were disappointed because of expectations and baggage that was brought over because of S;G. That doesn't mean everyone who is disappoint does that but the number of comments that bring up S;G in comparison to this show lends credence to the generalization that many people are simply hung up on S;G and are not giving R;N the chance/perspective it deserves. That group exists and the group being commented on, if you want to discuss the group that doesn't like R;N without such expectations then do so but you aren't going to be able to sweep the group AnimeHAwk616 is describing away.

This is true. There is a danger, though, of taking the generalisation too far. And even if someone is comparing Robotics;Notes to Steins;Gate, that doesn't instantly mean that they have no valid reason to dislike the show.

But if this thread is going to be about railroading people who are comparing the two shows, you can count me out.

And when that time comes I am sure someone else will come in to actually say that proverbial line was crossed. Until such time the current level of generalizations fit.

This thread was about trying to figure out where the "hate" towards this series is coming from. Reading comments around MAL indicates that there are a group of fans that expected this to be more like S;G and are extremely P.O'd because of it. It's not railroading. It's making an observation with some colorful wording on my part. But maybe this topic was never going to work for you anyway.

Nov 18, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2011
kaimax said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
but Robotics;Notes takes place on a different world line

It has the same Divergence of the True End for Steins;Gate.

AnimeHAwk616 said:
I'm guessing people are comparing this anime to the second half of s;g

The most that hate it and found it boring is are the ones who forgot how slow Steins;Gate really are. They mostly want the "excitement" of the 2nd half while forgetting the time needed for the excitement to build was exactly 12 episodes for Steins;Gate

Oh right I forgot. But what I meant was that, it barely has any interaction with characters of S;G

And is not really related to S;G at all, so it's just stupid to want all the action in the beginning. Then you're going to get something like Kiss Dum where everything goes so fast you don't know what the fuck is going on.
Nov 18, 2012 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
People hate on this show? Why? It's well directed, has decent animation and is taking time to properly develop the characters and their relationships (so far at least).

It's not steins gate, but steins gate wasn't chaos head either. I like that 5pb. can bring out different types of stories rather than sticking to the same mold.
Nov 22, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
Second, I see a lot of people having issues with pacing. If I remember watching CH, and SG they both started out slow but ramped up towards the middle and end of the series. This show is going to be 22 episodes long, so right now it is building up its cast who as we've seen in the OP hasn't all joined the Robotics Club yet.

This is what bugs me the most about many of the people who compare R;N directly to S;G. R;N only has seven episodes out and many people are already dismissing it. How many people could honestly tell what S;G was going to be about after only the seventh episode? The main plot really didn't start up until around episode 12, and I expect for R;N to be about the same.
Nov 23, 2012 8:06 AM

Dec 2011
I just feel bored from the slowly development
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2012 11:06 AM

May 2011
I didn't come in with expectations from S;G, but what i did expect was another slow development for 4-6 episodes.
Dec 1, 2012 8:42 AM

Nov 2012
Maybe my opinion is pointless because I've never seen Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head, but I like R;N a decent amount so far. I'm only on episode three, but still.
Dec 10, 2012 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
to me, this show is a perfect example of a cliche' show done right.

its great, i have no complaints about it so far, loving the series.
Dec 10, 2012 5:36 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Wha? This show is getting hate? Haven't seen it. Now I won't go in the R;N subforum. Thx for the warning.
Nov 7, 2013 2:11 AM
Jun 2009
Compared to Steins Gate, this was far too boring and most of the plot points seemed like asspulls or really retarded.
Jun 29, 2021 5:18 PM
Dec 2017
its boring and underdevolped thats why.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.