Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 8, 2012 11:08 PM

Dec 2010
Oh man Rambo won't decide to take advantage of blonde girl too. She's been on that path too much.
Nov 8, 2012 11:13 PM
Sep 2012
Mika_Inamori said:
Oh man Rambo won't decide to take advantage of blonde girl too. She's been on that path too much.
Nov 8, 2012 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
Is it just me or are their noses a lot bigger than most anime..?

Yeah that's the thing about komodos, they'll bite something and just leave it to die if they can't catch em at first. Their saliva is chock full of bacteria and the like

Whats with that guy's employee?! @_@ Looks brainwashed or something.

Lol, next episode he's going to find out she's his virtual wife. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of that.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 8, 2012 11:48 PM

Sep 2012
katzer said:
They are rushing the anime but i liked it. This way they will get to chapter 50 o. Overall nice episode 4/5.
Are they rushing? Because looking at the anime alone (have not read the manga), the pacing looks fine and I do not feel it's rushed, at least I don't feel something is missed out due to any pacing issue. I guess it means the adaptation and abridging is done well?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 1:05 AM

Jan 2011
To be honest I think the pacing is fine but I'm surprised that they're already at chapter 20+. Chapter 50 would probably get animated at this rate, I hope it does. :D

Really liked how they it showed that both Taira and Ryota were doubting each other if they were gonna betray each other or not. Some realism there. :) Himiko having emotional breakdowns and pushing Ryota away is also very realistic since she's androphobic.

Ryota's going out as a decoy and then Masashi comes out. Next episode, Himiko gets captured and Ryota comes to the rescue. Fuck yeah, one of my favourite moments in Btooom! CAN'T WAIT. :)
Nov 9, 2012 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
katzer said:
They are rushing the anime but i liked it. This way they will get to chapter 50 o. Overall nice episode 4/5.
Are they rushing? Because looking at the anime alone (have not read the manga), the pacing looks fine and I do not feel it's rushed, at least I don't feel something is missed out due to any pacing issue. I guess it means the adaptation and abridging is done well?

They are rushing in the best way possible, it's a great adaptation they are doing. For example, this episode 6 ends about chapter 23, and the manga has 53 until now.
Nov 9, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2012
Kiyoshi and Ryouta still don't completely trust each other. Mr 'Soldier Dude' is back.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 9, 2012 3:25 AM
May 2012
Oh my Gawd. Cant wait what will transpire next episode. Himiko X Sakamoto, cant wait XD
Nov 9, 2012 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
I'm really starting to like this anime a lot. It is a bit rushed but I don't mind. I can't wait for the next episode :)
Nov 9, 2012 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
A pretty good episode but I guess it lacked some action.
Can't wait for the next one.
Sakamoto will finally realize that she's his virtual wife in the next episode.
Nov 9, 2012 4:21 AM

Apr 2011
This was a really good episode.
Nov 9, 2012 4:26 AM
Jun 2008
so now being hunted by giant lizard til bite on taira's leg then got lost then homer-bomb of taira rescue & gas bomb toss by ryouta send them away.

but now taira leg is got him ill, question & trust asking on see if himiko is ok to get along, with that evil-host is watching seeing collect data on it.

& now being target by a http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/081/9/e/KOF___Ralf_Jones_by_vashperado.jpg ralf lookalike?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 9, 2012 4:27 AM

Jun 2009
I really don't like heroines like Himiko.

She brings more baggage of problems than help and not only she is a walking rapeable fanservice bimbo, she's a damsel in distress type of character.
Nov 9, 2012 4:41 AM

Sep 2012
-Quasar said:

She brings more baggage of problems than help and not only she is a walking rapeable fanservice bimbo, she's a damsel in distress type of character.
A damsel in distress can get hold of all those food, bags of bombs and even survival kits?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 4:50 AM

May 2008
Lol i feel so sorry for Himiko , people are hating , her only experience with men is them raping her , and you dont tink she will start to be more cautious?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 9, 2012 4:56 AM

Oct 2012
People who are complaining about Himiko should realize that she's only a 15 years old girl who saw her friends get raped and one day she is kidnapped and wakes up in the middle of a death game in a island in the middle of nowhere, and in the first day a fat guy tries to rape her. So how will she be okay with that and trust men?
Nov 9, 2012 4:58 AM

Sep 2012
^ And don't forget she also saw a man slashing the throat of another man right in front of her.

Nov 9, 2012 5:06 AM
Feb 2009
damn... i need more!!!!!!!
Nov 9, 2012 5:29 AM

Jun 2009
symbv said:
A damsel in distress can get hold of all those food, bags of bombs and even survival kits?

- gets carried the whole episode
- gets kidnapped in the next episode

Definitely not.
Nov 9, 2012 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
-Quasar said:
symbv said:

- gets carried the whole episode
- gets kidnapped in the next episode

Definitely not.
Not if you don't just look at this and next episode.

Nov 9, 2012 5:46 AM

Oct 2012
Funniest part to me, dude's face right here.
Nov 9, 2012 7:12 AM

Feb 2011
This ep felt like it ended too soon
Nov 9, 2012 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
Man was wondering when the Kommodo dragon toxic from their saliva was gonna kick in.
For a second I really thought Sakamoto was going to abandon them. This show is good at making you second guess the characters.
Also Himiko really needs to snap out of it. Sure things happened but still I feel that she's being overly cautious. Next episode looks good.
Nov 9, 2012 9:22 AM

Feb 2012
I LOVE this show,5/5,next episode should be crazy.
Nov 9, 2012 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
I doubt that I will be a good guy given the condition in Btooom. But yeah, I would like to save a cute girl like Himiko.

I'm glad that Sakamoto could still feel suspicious about her. He's a good guy, but he's not stupid. And so, Taira's a good person. But, I wonder.. what if they have got 6 crystal? (You need 7 to be free, right? Or it's 8? Nevermind, you'll get my point) One of them only have to backstab his/her friend and there you go, a freedom. OH, Taira's the one who's keeping the crystals (from the dead bodies) and I can't recall that Sakamoto & Himiko have known it. Well, Taira's still suspicious then..

And oh wow. From the preview, seems like Sakamoto will realize that he is really a lucky guy, got a hot-in-real-life-virtual wife. How's the chance you could get it? Pretty girls in online game? There's anime for you..
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Nov 9, 2012 10:57 AM

Aug 2011
I'm surprised how nice Sakamoto is, actually. Wasn't he a complete douchebag before he got trapped on the island?
Nov 9, 2012 11:11 AM
Jan 2011
Komodo Dragon Facts:

1. What they usually do is bit the prey and let it escape, co'z their mouths contains a cocktail of germs.

2. After biting, they would follow their prey's scent, FYI it usually takes days before the prey dies of infection and if they do it would usually take hours before the Komodo Dragon can locate and eat his prey, but not without having competitions from other dragons.

3. Humans rarely die from a dragon's bite, in a worst case scenario if left untreated the victim will suffer a high fever and eventually gangrene will set in the bite area and it usually result in amputation.
Nov 9, 2012 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
itsvero said:
I'm surprised how nice Sakamoto is, actually. Wasn't he a complete douchebag before he got trapped on the island?

He was like that with his parents, but in the game BTOOOM! he was nice, i think he only hated his parents because they tried to make him get a job and leave the game...
Nov 9, 2012 11:53 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Finally coming up to one of my favorite parts in the manga.

So far this has been a pretty faithful adaptation and I hope it stays that way toward the end. This show has the potential to have a great ending if they do it right.
Nov 9, 2012 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
Himiko is so got damn ungrateful. They saved her ass and she still bitches and complains.
Nov 9, 2012 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
Hikarusuke said:
Himiko is so got damn ungrateful. They saved her ass and she still bitches and complains.
I think she is OK until her men-fear takes hold. And she knows it. That's why when Sakamoto confronts her, she decides to leave his group.

Nov 9, 2012 12:57 PM

Dec 2011
As a non manga reader... it doesn't feel that rushed to me.

Also, a confrontation with the lawyer and the knife guy. Sakamoto will discover that Himiko is her virtual wife in BTOOOM from what we can see in the next episode. Oooh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
New enemy seems like a Rambo type.
Nov 9, 2012 1:29 PM

May 2012
omg that preview iwojtoi4utoi34terg
Nov 9, 2012 1:54 PM
Mar 2008
Hikarusuke said:

What, isn't that a normal reaction? In her city she almost got raped and left her friends behind because she couldn't help them. On the island she almost got raped hard time. Sakamoto and Taira saved her, but because her memories, it's natural that she don't want to trust Sakamoto and Taira even though both saved her. In her mind she thinks that both saved her to rape her. Point is: How she reacts is normal in the situation she's in and what she saw until now
Nov 9, 2012 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
This anime becomes a pain in the ass with each new episode because of Sakamoto.
In every single episode (until now) there is at least one scene that makes me wanna go on a rampage and punch Sakamoto really hard in the face.
In one moment he's a little whiney kid that does not want to adapt to his environment, the next he is the emotionless but calculating pro gamer ruling everyone and in another one he gets an impulse of insanity.
Gosh, this inexplicable inconsistency in his character annoys the hell out of me..
Worst main character this season (of anime that I am watching)..
Now waiting for a fanboy someone bashing me for my opinion or setting my opinion right. :)
Nov 9, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Somehow I still think Taira is just acting as an old, useless man. Sakamoto is doing all the fighting, but meanwhile Taira is gathering all the stones. That's why he isn't leaving him either. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

Himiko isn't very thankful to them for saving her either is she? Next episode that long haired dude is back too. This isn't going to be good....

Nov 9, 2012 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Why won't Himiko even ask since the old man kept calling him Sakamoto -_-

Anyway, not-bad ep.
Nov 9, 2012 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
HauntingShock said:

Anyway, not-bad ep.

Maybe he doesn't use his real name as his gamer tag,unlike a certain another person we all know from another show. That or they never shared personal info.

Anyways, Sakamoto guna be dah hero n get dah lady.

Gonna assume those gas bombs don't explode until released or something. I'm sure he's 1337 at btooom but when it comes to physical strength, he should be pretty week considering all he does is game. Just curious as he climbed that ladder pretty fast...
Nov 9, 2012 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
i think i remember spoiling myself with MR rambo guy if this is the part i think it is,

eh i understand why shes like that but doesn't change the fact of how ungrateful she is lol.
Nov 9, 2012 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:

Anyway, not-bad ep.

Maybe he doesn't use his real name as his gamer tag,unlike a certain another person we all know from another show. That or they never shared personal info.

Gonna assume those gas bombs don't explode until released or something. I'm sure he's 1337 at btooom but when it comes to physical strength, he should be pretty week considering all he does is game. Just curious as he climbed that ladder pretty fast...

But it's well-known in the game that "Sakamoto" is the sole japanese player to get in the top 10 worldwide players o_o AFAIK he really used Sakamoto...
Nov 9, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
HauntingShock said:
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:

Anyway, not-bad ep.

But it's well-known in the game that "Sakamoto" is the sole japanese player to get in the top 10 worldwide players o_o AFAIK he really used Sakamoto...

Actually if you wan't to know what happens in the manga about that read the spoiler bellow, don't read it if you don't want spoilers!
Nov 9, 2012 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Nice episode.
I guess it's a good thing those komodo dragons are gone for now.
I wonder what the kidnapper is planning.
Nov 9, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2011
She reminded me of Guts when she said "please don't touch me!" and the way she acts in general (though guts is crazy and would've abandoned these guys immediately and got enough stones on the first day)
Nov 9, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed it yup yup. 4/5

So I was watching this episode with my friends and at one point, when Sakamoto's tears fell on Himiko's face, we all thought she was suddenly going to wake up due to the power of love. Glad to see Btooom proving us wrong! :D Phew, I thought it was going to be like SAO
Nov 9, 2012 7:05 PM
Aug 2012
Good stuff.
Nov 9, 2012 8:35 PM

May 2012
So glad that Taira-san did not die... and it's funny to see how Sakamoto and Taira doubt each other.. haha.. you will really feel doubt if the worst case scenario happens.
Nov 10, 2012 1:33 AM

Apr 2011
I can't wait for the next episode!!!!

Nov 10, 2012 3:01 AM

Dec 2011
Finally that guy appeared. Next week's episode will be an interesting one.
Nov 10, 2012 4:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Taira is not going to survive very long after being bit by a Komodo Dragon. Their saliva is so full of bacteria that it's toxic.

Why hasn't Hibiki worked out that he's THE Sakamoto? It's been twice that Taira has said his name out loud.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 8:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.