Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2012 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh shit, another member of the Class 13?? I swear, this number is unlucky. I like seeing Medaka-chan in her red hair form again although it would of been even better if she jumped in there and kicked Kei Munakata's ass.

The fight between Zenkichi and that guy was cool I guess. Grenades and weaponry are always fun to play with. Good fight.
Stark700Nov 9, 2012 1:51 PM
Nov 7, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2010
Kei tossed everything but the kitchen sink at Zenkichi. In the end though, Zenkichi manged to come out on top.
Nov 7, 2012 11:05 AM

Nov 2008
Zenkichi how you survive with them swords on your back much less be standing after Kei's defeat, obvious plot armor heck Kei himself had more of it since he should be dead from all those swords falling on him. That earthquake he did after he stood back up was cool. Lots of defying reason and the laws of the human body with Kei's infinite weapon works and Zenkichi surviving fatal stabs that would be deadly even by anime standards. The fight was good and ended surprisingly well and pretty bloody.

Nov 7, 2012 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah in reality he pretty much would be dead already with a sword falling, this is typical just that can happend in anime and got fatal stab in the back.

Hiding all those weapons is also kind of weird haha

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 7, 2012 4:21 PM
Jul 2012
Dakara Korosu....that is all
Nov 7, 2012 10:13 PM

May 2012
so the episode aired on Wednesday
while streaming sites says at Friday

i wan't the correct time to watch it on Japanese
and the channel please

Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.
Nov 8, 2012 6:01 AM

Apr 2011
oh man...how bad can this show gets...
nothing makes sense at all, the battle was lame
normal? er...quite!
id say whoever enjoy this show is quite abnormal
(oh and OP & ED was awesome as usual)
Nov 8, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2008
Hoppy said:
Zenkichi how you survive with them swords on your back much less be standing after Kei's defeat, obvious plot armor heck Kei himself had more of it since he should be dead from all those swords falling on him. That earthquake he did after he stood back up was cool. Lots of defying reason and the laws of the human body with Kei's infinite weapon works and Zenkichi surviving fatal stabs that would be deadly even by anime standards. The fight was good and ended surprisingly well and pretty bloody.

I didn't watch the episode yet but I guess they didn't made it clear enough.

His abnormality is being a master at killing.
Being a master at knowing how to kill people also means that you are a master at knowing how not to kill your target.

Munakata is doing all he can so that he does not kill his target. He does not want to kill anyone so he pretend to be a murderer and carry weapon to scare people off.

The reason why Zenkichi survived having three sword sheated into him is because Munakata avoided his vital organs. Of course Zenkichi was seriously wounded but he was wounded in a way that he would not die. (Of course taking into account he get treated fast and do not die from blood loss)
Of course that's nothing normal. That's why Munakata is an abnormal, he can do things normal people can't.

The reason why Munakata survived the sword rain is because, applying the same reason as why Zenkichi is still alive, he dodged the sword in a way it would only hurt him and not kill him.
Nov 8, 2012 7:36 PM
Mar 2012
paladin2050 said:

and the channel please

It is Wednesday 25:35 (Thursday 01:35), TV Tokyo.
Nov 8, 2012 7:37 PM

Sep 2008
i have always liked this character XDD
the serial(cereal lol) killer that doesn't kill i just love that tittle XDD

that earthquake animated way very cool, i just love how unreal it looked
Hoppy said:
Lots of defying reason and the laws of the human body with Kei's infinite weapon works and Zenkichi surviving fatal stabs that would be deadly even by anime standards. The fight was good and ended surprisingly well and pretty bloody.

haha , thats the essence of this show, fuck logic!, but do it great!
Encounter said:
Dakara Korosu....that is all

XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 9, 2012 1:01 AM

May 2011
Really awesome episode. Zenkichi was great in that fight! >:D

KuroNoKenshi said:
Hoppy said:

I didn't watch the episode yet but I guess they didn't made it clear enough.

His abnormality is being a master at killing.
Being a master at knowing how to kill people also means that you are a master at knowing how not to kill your target.

Munakata is doing all he can so that he does not kill his target. He does not want to kill anyone so he pretend to be a murderer and carry weapon to scare people off.

The reason why Zenkichi survived having three sword sheated into him is because Munakata avoided his vital organs. Of course Zenkichi was seriously wounded but he was wounded in a way that he would not die. (Of course taking into account he get treated fast and do not die from blood loss)
Of course that's nothing normal. That's why Munakata is an abnormal, he can do things normal people can't.

The reason why Munakata survived the sword rain is because, applying the same reason as why Zenkichi is still alive, he dodged the sword in a way it would only hurt him and not kill him.

I was questioning the survival part as well, but the anime actually does go into Munakata's abnormality. It didn't go into detail on whether or not he could apply this to himself, but something like that can be easily assumed possible.
Nov 9, 2012 1:06 AM

Jan 2011
For some reason I don't feel the tension of this fight I felt with the manga. It feels like they're rushing through it a bit too quickly.
Nov 9, 2012 1:18 AM

May 2011
Nice fight there. Zenkichi shows his fighting spirit there!
Nov 9, 2012 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
For some reason I don't feel the tension of this fight I felt with the manga. It feels like they're rushing through it a bit too quickly.

ye im with you there, but still im so glad to see this animated!!!
Nov 9, 2012 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin Epic episode!!
Zenkichi FTW!!...he was so BA...perfect adaption :D

Loved the "[insert sentence]...Thus, I kill" part lol XD

Medaka was pretty cute while crying.

Nxt up Akune's turn...can't wait hehe
Nov 9, 2012 2:10 AM

May 2012
melina_putri said:
paladin2050 said:

and the channel please

???
i can't understand what you mean 25:35???
and is it GMT?

Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.
Nov 9, 2012 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
To me it was a good episode. Not as good as the manga but I never expect an anime to be at the same level of its original support.
Nov 9, 2012 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
oh yes! Zenkichi show them who's the boss!

someone kill Shiranui already!!! and why is Kato Emiri voicing all the characters I like and lovely or hate and wish them to die? zz
Nov 9, 2012 3:18 AM

May 2012

Nov 9, 2012 4:50 AM

Mar 2011
Another epic episode,Zenkichi is BA.
Nov 9, 2012 5:05 AM
Aug 2011
Zenkichi is a Abnormal Normal.
His Abnormality is that he is too Normal.

5/5
Nov 9, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2007
O.o for a moment I really thought Zenkichi die.
Nov 9, 2012 6:39 AM
Mar 2012
paladin2050 said:
melina_putri said:
paladin2050 said:

and the channel please

???
i can't understand what you mean 25:35???
and is it GMT?

TV channels in Japan uses 28 hours for the schedule, Wednesday 25:35 actually means Thursday 01:35, it is GMT+9.
Nov 9, 2012 8:07 AM

Jul 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

5/5

Could have been, but it isn't.
Nov 9, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
xzomega said:
oh man...how bad can this show gets...
nothing makes sense at all, the battle was lame
normal? er...quite!
id say whoever enjoy this show is quite abnormal
(oh and OP & ED was awesome as usual)

I'm pretty sure it's just you lacking the ability to understand it is all

Nov 9, 2012 9:03 AM
Aug 2011
minimiau said:
O.o for a moment I really thought Zenkichi die.

Usually most characters in shounen manga "don't die even if you kill them".

Kamiya Hiroshi automatically improving a series even if he's voicing a supporting character.
Nov 9, 2012 9:06 AM

Jul 2012
I like the series but this battle was lame so rushed that it made the enemy look plain weak. The fight seemed waay easy. Imagine if medeka fought him ......not to mention her OP power to learn anything see sees.
Nov 9, 2012 9:16 AM
Jan 2011
What's this Zenkichi is still alive after being pierce by several blades at the back?

Kei is also alive after having most of his blades falling on him?

Man, if this has a realistic action genre either Zenkichi or Kei would have died and Medaka would have gone god mode and go berserk.

But, it's nice to know that Medaka actually loves him.
Nov 9, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
paladin2050 said:

But I thought

Ahh make up your mind, anime!
Nov 9, 2012 11:43 AM
Mar 2012

Another genius.
Nov 9, 2012 11:50 AM

Dec 2010
Zenkichi is a BA, one of the better fights in the manga had a pretty much perfect adaption, reminds me why i enjoy Zenkichi's fights so much more than Medaka's who are just OP and over the top, at least with Zenkichi you can see the effort it takes for him to win, can't wait for

Nov 9, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
Forget the 13's Shiranui is going to be he final boss lol
Nov 9, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
kelken said:

She won't.
Nov 9, 2012 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
KuroNoKenshi said:
kelken said:

She won't.

I know...it was a joke. Thanks anyway...lol.
Nov 9, 2012 12:11 PM
Aug 2011
KuroNoKenshi said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

5/5

Its not entirely impossible, is it?

Totally different series, but a good example:
Kamijou Touma is a level 0
Nov 9, 2012 1:10 PM
May 2011
Am i the only one that was actually disappointed not to see the quote from the start of chapter 36? Oh well, apart from that, good adaptation, Kamiya never disappoints me.
Rating things is overrated.
Nov 9, 2012 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
That fight was really well done. Munakata is up there as one of the strangest personalities I've encountered in Anime.
Nov 9, 2012 1:38 PM

May 2008
Hm, I was pretty disappointed. First half was so.. meh, but second half was better. Recently started with the manga and liked the battle more in the manga.

Also guys, do you also have the feeling if there are frame drops during the episode when the camera moves? :<
Nov 9, 2012 2:11 PM

Jan 2011
I do not kill without a reason.
I only kill when I have a reason.
Currently I'm at work, Thus I kill you.
I have no time to waste on you, thus I kill you.
I won't try to stop you, thus I kill you.
I dislike conflict, thus I kill you.
The weather is lovely today. Thus, I kill you.
Lunch was delicious. Thus, I kill you.
I had a nice dream last night. Thus, I kill you.
A movie that I've been looking forward to comes out soon. Thus, I kill you.
My telephone's battery is nearly dead. Thus, I kill you.
I have no reason. Thus, I kill you.

This guy has some weird rationality. O.o
Nov 9, 2012 2:14 PM

Jul 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
KuroNoKenshi said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

5/5

Its not entirely impossible, is it?

Totally different series, but a good example:
Kamijou Touma is a level 0

I understand where you are coming from but Zenkichi is 100% normal.
He's not even a special.

but if you are interested in Zenkichi and do not mind spoiler:
Nov 9, 2012 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. Thus, I will kill you

Nov 9, 2012 2:32 PM

Mar 2008
Nice ep. almost like Blade of Immortal and Fate/stay night in one show "Humans die when they're killed"

Nov 9, 2012 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
Too bad this is his only redeemable fight imo.
Nov 9, 2012 3:56 PM

Apr 2011

^Summary of this whole awesome action packed episode.

"A Normal who can rival Abnormals. Meaning that he could be an abnormal wearing a Normal's skin."

Now that's something to think about. Zenkichi may be just too normal that he is abnormal. o_0
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Nov 9, 2012 4:07 PM
Nov 2012
Home run bat was back.
Nov 9, 2012 5:00 PM

Apr 2010
Humans die when they are killed. Shirou v2.0?!?

Jokes aside, great episode with an heroic Zenkichi and a love confession from Medaka. I'm loving Season 2 of Medaka Box.
Nov 9, 2012 6:28 PM
Feb 2012
he show weakness normally,he feels scared normally,he works hard normally,he get frustrated normally,he falls in love normally,he wants to protect someone normally and he is cool normally!
Nov 9, 2012 7:21 PM

Jun 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
Another epic episode,Zenkichi is BA.

This!!
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 10, 2012 1:32 AM

Dec 2011
Cool Zenkichi is cool.
Nov 10, 2012 2:49 AM

Jan 2011
TravSavage said:
paladin2050 said:

But I thought

Ahh make up your mind, anime!

i always get a good laugh whenever i see that line lol
still feel like these fights are a lot faster then they should be oh well.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2012

173 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 15, 11:39 PM

» Animes That Are Similar ??

DragonIncursio - Sep 16, 2021

5 by Rexitor_Delta »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2012

55 by Punkero »»
Aug 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

136 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 6, 2022 5:08 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

79 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 5, 2022 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.