Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Poll: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Chapter 409 Discussion

Nov 24, 2012 6:49 PM

That was such a terrible ending. Nothing happened. The last few chapters were especially weird since they were how the series started which wasn't very good. I felt like she tried too hard to include the characters she created when this was a gag manga in the battle manga aspect of te story. It was too forced.

I dropped this series when the last arc started. I couldn't take anymore of the terrible writing. You don't need to remind the reader of small details every chapter (like putting a thought bubble that has Tsuna saying "oh yeah mom doesn't know anything"). When I saw it had ended I quickly finished it and it's just not leaving a very good taste in my mouth. When Checkerface revealed himself I didn't even remember who the old dude was. Sigh. After getting thru the terrible gag portion the varia arc really got me hooked...the future arc started good and then quickly got boring...and the Simon arc made me drop the series. Anyway overall 6/10 I guess.

Nov 27, 2012 2:25 AM

stopped reading this for months then i noticed it wasn't getting updated anymore lol, another big one finally over gonna give it a 8 because i really liked the early stuff but after the future arc shit just got really silly and this last arc was a weak way of ending oh well~

Nov 28, 2012 3:19 PM
wow it ended xD
Please deliver here

Dec 1, 2012 5:25 PM

Epilogue from Akira sensei pls... but in anime whenever they continue

Dec 10, 2012 11:03 AM

Well was somehow shocked when I read " Look forward to her next work"
Didn't expect an end yet :D

Dec 12, 2012 5:07 AM
I liked most of katekyo hitman reborn,was really good comedy/action manga yet this didnt felt like a ending at all,they just chosed the normal series ending,in wich they dont resolve anything,Tsuna still sucks at almost everything and dosent want to become mafia boss,has not resolved his sentimental situation and well nothing,the only thing solved was that now the arcobalenos can actually age and he fixed the system that allows evolution and life itself,awesome....if it werent for the fact that it still let all the holes in the main point of him becoming vongola 10th I was thinking that they woud actually retake the point of his classes to become vongola 10th and that we will actually see him change into a reliable guy at least if it was made shortly to be shown in 2 or 3 numbers making use of timeskips or something,but this was like "I runned out of ideas so this is the end and now Im gonna work on something else"

Dec 15, 2012 6:45 AM

DISSAPOINTING...for the ending maybe ill give 5/10
there was a lot of unexplainable things
Amano sensei please make an epilogue!
but for the entire series ill go with 9/10
sadly,the ending is total waste :(

"I'm gonna sit here and stare at the flowers until everyone starts getting along." - Mimi Isn't she so attractive now?

Dec 15, 2012 8:31 AM

Really disappointing ending to an otherwise great series. It didn't feel like much of an ending since nothing was resolved, Tsuna still sucks at everything and he doesnt want to become the 10th boss. Worst part is that Amano pretty much acknowledges it through Tsuna's monologue but she says somehow it is different because now he has friends...

I liked the series I thought overall it was pretty good and I am sad that it is over, I give it an 8/10 overall but that ending sucked.

Jan 1, 2013 10:39 AM

Well, at least it wasn't a rushed ending for being a shounen manga... That's more than enough, I guess.

» Escapism.

Jan 5, 2013 10:51 AM
Yeah the manga didn't end very well :( shame...wasn't very conclusive for an ending...should've seen the family in action years later :(

Jan 15, 2013 8:13 AM
Mmm,actually to me the ending wasnt really that bad just that it didnt end up like what I expected it would be...well... There is KHR oneshot coming in february 2013 :3 It was annouced in the shounen magazine.. ;3 yay!

Jan 15, 2013 8:16 AM

VongolaExtreme said:
Mmm,actually to me the ending wasnt really that bad just that it didnt end up like what I expected it would be...well... There is KHR oneshot coming in february 2013 :3 It was annouced in the shounen magazine.. ;3 yay!
From what I heard it's going to be a new one-shot by the author of KHR, not a KHR one-shot.

Jan 22, 2013 11:20 PM

This was trash - the main character admits to being the same exact person he was 408 chapters ago ...

Feb 2, 2013 1:45 AM

BAD ENDING!

Tsunakun doesn't change at all, except the fact he got plenty of friends now..

at least gave us a closure a little bit Akira Amano sensei~ T^T
Tsunakun in the next 10 years with the Neo Vongola being establish or something like that, or Tsunakun is changing a little bit.. OMG! what a let down..

Apr 29, 2013 8:37 AM

Reborn! pulled a TO-LOVE-RU-esque ending.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

Apr 29, 2013 8:38 AM

Vizard said:
Reborn! pulled a TO-LOVE-RU-esque ending.
Tech TO-LOVE-RU didn't end. It's continuing in Darkness. Only now it's almost a full blown Hentai

May 10, 2013 10:10 PM

i could be wrong and all but i hear that KHR has been put hiatus and could continue later on i mean it wouldnt be the first time a manga has been put on a long hiatus like H.O.T.D

anyway the ending sucked a little but if it is gonna continue i hope tsuna stops acting stupid and accept hes neo vongola

Jun 1, 2013 1:54 PM
alphastigma117 said:
i could be wrong and all but i hear that KHR has been put hiatus and could continue later on i mean it wouldnt be the first time a manga has been put on a long hiatus like H.O.T.D

anyway the ending sucked a little but if it is gonna continue i hope tsuna stops acting stupid and accept hes neo vongola

Where did you hear that?

Jun 1, 2013 2:00 PM

alphastigma117 said:

It's ended. Finito. Writer is working on the new manga now

Nov 25, 2013 3:07 PM

Back to say how bad this ending was...... so dissapointed.

Dec 16, 2013 6:26 AM

The ending was... okay. I was expecting Kawahira to be the Final Boss. Disappointed in the end with the way Amano played with him and how everything just got solved. But in overall, overwhelming Manga! I'll definitely miss it.

Feb 20, 2014 7:41 AM

I don't know... But I expect more than this
Now I have to cried with ending like this T_T
Well, at least it's happy ending + heartwarming moment
More, please!!!
Make it longer than Bleach or Naruto.. Oh wait then it wouldn't be a great manga

Btw... Which one you would choose, Tsuna? Haru or Kyoko? Or Harem?? xD
"Signature removed"

Feb 24, 2014 1:46 AM

Though I feel as it was at its best at the future arc the later arcs were alright. Quite an enjoyable read overall and would be interesting to see the chapters after the future arc animated.

8/10.

Mar 18, 2014 5:18 AM

What? That's it? 409 chapters and he is the same lame person? 0_o Very disappointed!
Okay they are supposed to change in the future arc but I wanted to see the results of Reborn's hard work with Tsuna now!
Overall it was a very good manga with excellent fights and interesting plot but the ending........
Anyway, hope to see Akira Amano's new work! ^__^

Rating 8/10

May 6, 2014 12:20 PM

This series still has many potential and it ended? Arghhh, just can't get enough. I hope they make the anime version for the rest of the arcs.

May 13, 2014 7:18 AM

I'm sorry to see this manga end like this. But hopefully, this non-conclusive ending might open up the possibility of a future sequel. Couldn't get enough of the Ten-Years-Later characters though I am kinda torn between leaving the mystery as it is or carrying on the Vongole legacy.

I do want Amano to continue with a new sequel, much like Shaman King Flowers. There was too much world-building and too many awesome characters to just let go to waste like that.

May 23, 2014 2:21 PM

Anyone else found this chapter to be so disappointing. I mean, come on, he's still the same person as he was in the beginning. He just has some new powers but is basically the same no good Tsuna. *sigh* I had so much hope for a proper ending to this manga. smh.

Jun 20, 2014 7:20 AM

It says on MAL that there are 411 chapters even though it's pretty clear it ended at 409... Does anyone know if there really are 2 more chapters?

Jun 20, 2014 1:28 PM

BlackCatBexxie said:
It says on MAL that there are 411 chapters even though it's pretty clear it ended at 409... Does anyone know if there really are 2 more chapters?

Wow that's new...
By the time I completed this series, the MAL still says there are 409 chapters, and I pretty sure I completed it all (chose the status to completed so the chapters read is filled with the maximum chapter). And suddenly there are another 2 chapters pop out.

Jun 21, 2014 7:25 PM

Okay, so does anyone know where I can read those 2 extra chapters? Or if they're not out yet, when will they be available?

Dec 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Dissapointing ending,had some bad-good points,but I did enjoyed.

7/10

Feb 5, 2015 8:36 PM
News Team
Neo Vongola Primo?...

But damn, this finale was underwhelming. Seriously, what was that? The chapter before this with the confession was also cheesy as hell. Oh well.

Jun 20, 2015 9:13 AM

That was disappointing. Started out as a loser and ended as a loser. Why can't he just stay in hyper mode 24/7?

Sep 24, 2015 9:38 AM

downhill, downhill, downhill that was dissapointing
really a terrible ending , so no conclusion at all? no character development for Tsuna? this is my favorite manga all the time but this is getting worse when it entered Simon arc!

but still, i gave this 10/10 because KHR was the most enjoyable series, the character, plot, humour will be forever remembered by me! but please Amano, if you can, remade this so i didn't have to dissapointed so much!

btw...
I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL HIBARI IS, WHERE HE LIVES, WHERE ARE HIS PARENTS OMG -_- IT WILL BE REMAINS MYSTERY FOREVER

"I'm gonna sit here and stare at the flowers until everyone starts getting along." - Mimi Isn't she so attractive now?

Dec 8, 2015 12:29 PM
It's been 3 years since this manga finished and I've only finished reading it now but I have to express my utter disappointment with this manga. Too much plotholes and mysteries left unanswered. It was sad that the Arcobaleno arc started really well only to end awfully. The only excuse I can think of is that this manga might've been cancelled thus the ending was rushed and probably the ending wasn't what Amano originally planned out but whatever.

I can also somewhat say that I'm glad that the KHR anime ended on a high note with the Future arc because the Shimon Arc and the Arcobaleno Arc were terrible.

6/10 for the series.
Modified by -null-, Dec 8, 2015 9:20 PM

Aug 24, 9:55 PM
Honestly, this ending is just so frustrating because of the erased development of Tsuna. How are you gonna go through all your trials and tribulations, INCLUDING A FUTURE ARC WHERE YOU SEE HOW GREAT YOUR FAMILY HAS BECOME, and NOT become cooler and choose your place in the family??! He literally did become amazing throughout the series just to lose it all like it never happened in the end.

All in all though, I can't be too harsh on this series because I really did love it. It was a favorite and brought me so much joy, right up until this chapter and the last.

Aug 28, 4:00 AM

I have many things to say though.
Finally finished the ENTIRE SERIES wow , and the only best fight is the vindice vs team reborn(that was really intense , and less talk too).

I enjoyed it though. 8/10. Very good series , it was a fun ride.

I'm going to miss all the characters espcially Tsuna's circle :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 28, 4:01 AM

Kenchiin said:
Well, at least it wasn't a rushed ending for being a shounen manga... That's more than enough, I guess.

Yeah it wasn't rushed , but seriously this is my first time experiencing a shounen anime that have many "talks" during battle. Haha . The only fine battle that I'm not complaining is the vindice vs team reborn part. that was very cool.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 31, 6:23 AM

It ended, I can't say I'm sad because once the battles started they never stopped.
A 8/10.

Sep 13, 7:20 PM

Read it within 4 days, and I must say it was better than my first impression when I started reading it, but not that good overall, still...

It's basically heavily separated into 5 major arcs:
1) Gag introduction arc - easily the most terrible arc of this manga... yes, it achieved the goal of introducing the main cast rather good... but all those cliche that were stuck from the gag part till the end without any character development to get over those were really frustrating..
2) Xanxus arc - short, sharp, precise. Great arc overall without overly extending it.
3) Future arc - overly long arc with barely anything happening/revealed towards main plot aside of a few extra characters who only matter slightly in the long run... it really felt like a filler that took like 150+ chapters total... the only thing worth mentioning was the actual reveal of the ramen guy who was behind everything in the end and made you wonder for the remaining arcs until the very end when you came to realisation that this must be it.
4) Inheritance arc - well.. it wasn't as bad as future arc, but it was quite meh overall, at least it was rather short, so it didn't make you feel too bored.
5) Finale - well, I must admit even though last arc was rather predictable if you read in the span of a few days, I bet it must have been quite okay if you read it week by week when it was released. It was still a good arc. I don't exactly see why the people are disappointed in ending - I must say that the ending was the most okay'ish part in the arc, but it certainly should have ended by chapter 406 or so instead of 409. The 407-409 is a return of the most terrible part of the manga - gag part. And it's still as terrible as it was at the beginning of the manga.

Overall - it's a shounen with a reaaaaally terrible start(so terrible that I don't realise how it didn't get axed before the xanxus arc arrived) with a slightly above average 'nakama shounen' when it starts running the main plot. Author made too many things explained by 'illusions' for my taste, despite enjoying such approach overall - I think it was too overused as most opponents who ever gave any trouble used illusions in one way or another and the rest felt more of a filler material.

Was thinking of giving it 6/10, but that gag comeback in the end made it drop to 5/10 for me, but it's really close to a 6 though if you don't count the fact the characters pretty much didn't change across the whole journey outside of getting more deus ex machina powerups and if you close your eyes on the gag part of the series or(GASP) enjoy it.
Modified by Hentaicheg, Sep 13, 7:29 PM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]