Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2016 3:36 AM
Apr 2016
fck seriously i hate him,and yes he died
May 9, 2016 12:10 AM

Dec 2009
Yes yes yes!!!! I knew I watched this anime for a reason!! Makato IS DEAD! Fuck yeah, he got what he fucking deserved.
May 15, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2016
SWEET BABY JESUS HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!! WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!
Holy shit where the fuck did this shit come from??
i just can't believe what just happened. I swear i expected a happily ever after ending but holy mother of god i was fuckin wrong.

Can't believe my nigga got his head chopped off and then that bitch got her stomach opened and there was no fuckin baby!

My god that was fuckin amazing!! Greatest ending of all time!!

This is not a regular shitty show, This a Masterpiece of shit. It's so rare to find shows like this anymore.
Very pleased with this show, tho Pupa still holds the title of the "Worst Anime of All Time".

Lmao can't believe how much i liked this ending.

When you can't decide weather to give a show a 1/10 or a 10/10 that's when you know it's a Masterpiece of shit.
Hats off to School Days.
May 24, 2016 10:01 PM

Apr 2016
I was about to give this series 1/10 but then I thought I should give it 10/10. The fact that I had absolutely no fucking idea what to rate it made me rate it 10/10.

I am a great fan of absurdity and this series showcases it to a great degree. I could relate to the main character to a point during the first few episodes because I've lived through something similar. But after that, everything goes to shit, and the ending crowns the insanity in a very nice fashion.

So is it a 1/10 or a 10/10 show? Totally depends on how much you like absurd and insane things like this, and how much you can forgive it for being obnoxious, and I can.

EDIT:
I just realized the last comment prior to mine said this:
Mr_Shnb said:

When you can't decide weather to give a show a 1/10 or a 10/10 that's when you know it's a Masterpiece of shit.
Hats off to School Days.

Glad I am not alone in realizing it's impossible to rate it if you find it thrilling. But I gave it 10/10 because there are probably many more 1/10s anyway.
May 24, 2016 10:03 PM

Dec 2014
The feels you get after watching the final episode.... this was so ironic... I did not expect such brutality
Jul 17, 2016 6:07 AM
Jul 2016
I just burst in crazy laugh when I saw what face makoto had *farewell*

I was thinking, om..he's finding happiness with kotonoha, and make peace with sekai, will raise his kid and sekai's gonna find someone else.
But boy how wrong I was! Totally blew me away ^.^ that scene at the end..hugging he's head *O.o*
Jul 17, 2016 6:34 PM
Aug 2015
What did I just watch? That ending was so f'ed up... I wasn't expecting that.
I mean I expected a bad ending for Makoto seeing how horrible he was, but seriously...
DuckerzJul 17, 2016 6:38 PM
Jul 30, 2016 4:09 AM
Sep 2015
SMU_Pony said:
If the last few minutes of the White Album 2 anime had gone the way the last few minutes of this went, it would have saved that (WA2's) dreadful last episode.

I came looking here just for this one. I'm watching WA2 right now, and I thought, "hopefully, this doesn't have a School Days ending" so thanks for clearing it up. I only saw 4 episodes yet, so I don't know if Haruhi deserves something like this.
Aug 19, 2016 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
Jesus Christ, that was satisfying. Fuck that guy.
Aug 22, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2015
AHAHAHAHA. THAT ENDING. LOL. GOLD.

You reap what you sow, Makoto and Sekai. 10/10 for the shock value and making me sick. 1/10 for this crap, no matter if it was intentional to show people's ugly sides.

Aug 25, 2016 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
He had it coming!!!! Bitch deserved it!

I'd been spoiled of the ending loooong before I even started this anime so it's always so funny reading other people's genuine reactions. xD

Sep 17, 2016 8:56 AM

Feb 2016
HOLY FUCK. This ending was glorious!! Fucking awesome, holy shit. I was afraid Kotonoha would be the one who dies first, but damn THAT was EPIC ~!! One of the most satisfying endings I've seen in anime.

7-8/10, awesome anime, awesome ending. :OOO
Sep 29, 2016 1:57 AM
Sep 2016
This series had me emotionally involved all the way through the feels I had for kotonoha and sekai all the way through and their emotional struggles really got to me, I've never detested a mc like that before.
the ending my god that ending has scared me big time been 2 days since I saw the ending and it's still on my mind.

10/10 if you become emotionally involved like I did
Oct 1, 2016 9:43 AM
Jun 2016
I did not like the anime as a whole, but That bastard deserved it! I was cheering during that whole scene, most satisfying scene of the anime! :D
Oct 5, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
I think the Anime was nice, which is why I re-watched it, today. The ending is quite impressive - If I'd chose another one, I'd prefer 'Bloody Conclusion', though, which would've been hilarious with Makoto coming home with a different girl, everyday, lol.
'To my Child' in fully-animated form would've had its own charme, too, but I guess, Sekai just couldn't wait for it.

And this song placed at the end of the episode made my day.

To all those (if there are any) who wanted a happy ending: play the visual novel, if you have no problem with h-scenes. They're also pretty nice, sometimes. The endings, I mean... ;)

インディゴデイズ
removed-userMay 12, 2017 2:07 AM
Oct 12, 2016 9:53 AM
Jun 2016
My thoughts on this...
I saw many people talk about this show and it's always a controversial topic, but mostly people cursed it. So I decided to watch it out of curiosity. I didn't read any spoilers or anything, just lowered my standards, prepared myself mentally and went for it... honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Yes, most female characters acted really dumb, but that's expected from harem anime. Yes, male MC is was the lowest trash, but he got what was coming for him. The ending was over the top crazy, but still fitting for how the things were going.

I would have rated it higher if it ended with just Sekai killing Makoto, no more crazyness after that. So basically, Makoto plays and breaks the hearts and even ruin lives of multiple girls, one of them snaps and kills him (he got what was coming for him, like I said earlier). Sekai gets convicted for murder and maybe have his baby (still not sure if she was pregnant). Kotonoha already had some loose screws by the end, but after finding Makoto she would get traumatized/scarred for life, maybe go insane.

So visual novel has several endings, huh? Maybe I'll check it out, if it's possible.
Oct 16, 2016 9:50 PM

Jun 2016
Sorry girls,this is what a life is all about,enjoy and sleep with as many girls as possible. too bad my man didn't know how to handle the situations,he lacked experience.

R.I.P Makoto-sama.
Oct 20, 2016 8:51 AM
Oct 2016
Man.... Just finished binge watching this whole series over the course of about a day, and I just wanted to throw my two cents out there.

I see a lot of people criticizing the show one way or another based on it's art, story, character, music, dialogue, and all that jazz... Frankly I'm not much of an expert on those things and I couldn't objectively tell you anything about them one way or another.

All I can say is how this show made me FEEL. I had a visceral emotional reaction to this show. It made me feel hope, love, guilt, pity, anger, shock, and dismay. I can't tell you how well written the show was, or how logically (or not) everyone acted, or whether things ended up as they should have. I can tell you that the ending took my breath away and made me feel sick for a moment. Something that makes you have such a strong reaction can't really be bad can it? If it was so worthy of derision I would have probably just dropped it and moved on, indifferent.

Anyway.. I'm sure I'm not breaking any new ground with this commentary or saying anything that hasn't already been said. I just had to write something down about this after putting myself through it all in an 8 hour span. I'm going to go re-watch To Love-Ru now where things are a lot less complicated, and a bit more happy-go-lucky.
Oct 20, 2016 5:33 PM
Aug 2016
well... at least he fucked a lot with no skills, ni pedo hermano, te tocaba
Oct 24, 2016 2:03 PM

Mar 2015
This anime is insane! I can't believe what I've seen! I definitely don't regret watching this. Biggest problems I had with this show were: bad animation, music not suiting the scenes on many occasions, convenient lack of parents and I don't buy that any of these girls would ever like someone like Makoto, which meant I had to greatly suspend my disbelief. It was just ridiculous. That said though... damn, I won't forget this one. This was truly a dreadful experience... and I kinda liked it.
BliuTigerOct 24, 2016 2:06 PM
Jan 11, 2017 4:51 PM
Jan 2017
Question: Who cut off Makoto's head?
Jan 11, 2017 8:55 PM

May 2010
xjames7 said:
Question: Who cut off Makoto's head?

Kotonoha did it, after she saw that Makoto was killed by Sekai. When she meets up with her later on the roof she already has the bag with her, and when Sekai sees what's inside she's clearly startled.
Jan 24, 2017 10:24 PM
Jan 2017
honestly i loved how they played out this series, on how they put the boy in such way of innocence but then taken away escalating throughout the episodes, and then also with the girls some with just that just want to popular and fit in but then others just want to feel comfort and love, as well as the boy is overwhelmed with so many girls he just starts to distant himself he became selfish and as well as some of the girls too. but i love on how it ended with the plot twist on how if the "pregnant" girl cant have him, then no one can. and then in the end its the first girl he was supposed to be with that ends all the chaos. such a great plot twist and anime i love the whole setting and everything never thought i would enjoy this series this much.
Jan 26, 2017 10:56 AM
Oct 2013
It's 2017 and this thread is still active. What a controversial ending. It left my mouth gaping the whole moment I was watching it.
Jan 27, 2017 7:01 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Please give me back my wasted time
Jan 28, 2017 7:55 PM
Nov 2016
Was thinking that either THAT would be the ending or that all the chicks would leave him
Feb 12, 2017 2:27 PM

Jan 2016
Well...at least happy ending ╭( ๐_๐)╮
Characters make me think of the people I saw at school
Feb 15, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 2017
Shit! The bad ending just give me cancer and boring since Makoto kissed Kotonoha who make Sekai angry and crying. After that, Sekai used kitchen knife to killed Makoto in his house after talking and meeting. This is poor story and characters which waste my time to watched School Days.
Apr 1, 2017 9:52 PM

Jul 2011
I'm actually fascinated by the fact that I finished this series in one sitting. Each episode kept me watching, for better or worse I have no idea.
Definitely not the worst thing I've watched though. I expected worse. This just seems like a typical harem except with sex and consequences.

I didn't feel connected to any of the characters, so instead of hating these 12 episodes I actually laughed a lot. This is what happens if the harem lead actually laid a hand on the girls and didn't care for them at all besides for sex? lmao. When it escalated between the 5th -10th episodes, that was the best part. So many twists were added to complicate the story even further. xD

However, I didn't like who killed who in the end and how it played out. I knew there was murder last episode, but I wanted Katsura to be the one to kill him and all the other girls too. A murder spree didn't happen...One thing I like about School Days, however, is that it decided to adapt the bad ending. Most harems adapt the harem/neutral ending as to not favor one girl excessively, but here the director said screw it all! xD
MirorinApr 1, 2017 9:58 PM
Apr 5, 2017 1:57 PM
Apr 2017
Worst ending ever...apparently i can't accept it I'm truamatized sorta...makoto doesn't deserve death at all after seeing finally getting together with kotonoha i thought ok this is how it's supposed to be but what's gonna happen to sekai can she handle it unfortunately she couldn't😭 then she went and killed him... After makoto died (which was horrible felt very sorry for him) i thought maybe both girls would be in goos terms with each other i actually think kotonoha was gonna kill makoto even if sekai didn't she was carrying that butchers axe even before ripping off makotos head...that way every one would have been happy but there's no way there will be a murder a case and thr cops do nothing about it...i still think kotonoha is gonna die cos there's no way a high skool student can control a boat in sea all by herself maybe she would eventually die of starvation or something this anime really got to me...I'm gonna go play all the video games to erase the murder scene from my head there's summer days crossover days etc😪 i just wrote alot😅
Apr 8, 2017 7:02 PM

Nov 2016
İ tought he was finnally understand and fakin decide but looks like its too late 1-2 ep before i was wanting him to die but im sad now ;( .

İ was expecting strong ending but this is just wow , i need to play some dota to forget this ending....

Still it was good series defınitely underrated
Apr 12, 2017 11:11 PM

Feb 2017
I actually really like this ending. It seems fitting to the overall tone and purpose of the story. Makoto and Sekai's flaws were their own downfall; this is a method of characterization in storytelling that dates back to Ancient Greece, and it usually delivers a satisfying finale.

Wasn't as bloody as I expected from what others said, but still pretty gruesome. This anime is probably one of the most morbid ones I've seen.

Even now, I still feel bad for Kotonoha. She was completely ruined.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Apr 13, 2017 4:55 AM
Mar 2017
Poor Kotonoha, what did her past life do to deserve all that suffering.

But this ending was so disturbing that I rewatched CGDCT anime to calm myself down.
Apr 26, 2017 11:09 AM

Aug 2015
Great ending. Bad show. Haha School days is an easy 1/10 for me. I hate almost every character in this show, so fucking glad that at least three of them died.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
May 8, 2017 6:38 AM
Apr 2016
Oh boi this has been quite a ride. I usually watch one ep per day but once I saw Katsura's breakdown in ep10 I knew I need to watch the rest in one sitting. Having not heard of its infamous reputation until a few days a go by a friend I was expecting "broken" Katsura to shed first blood (the anime even dropped hints here and there) but the actual circumstances is a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Makoto started out as a quite relatable character but after the first four eps that was completely reversed. It's still an interesting "what if" development though. "What if I take all the wrong choices?" I know the whole story is pretty screwed up but in the infinite permutation of human lives and circumstances it's never impossible. The real life murder that occurred the day before the finale airing speak for itself.

In addition, several things have happened around me in real life that makes this series very impactful and relatable to me. If the moral of the story is to not hurt others, then it had accomplished to reinforce my conviction to not pursue a relationship when to love is to hurt.
raman_klogiusMay 8, 2017 6:41 AM
May 8, 2017 5:09 PM
Jan 2017
Why I am symphathizing with makoto when everyone hates him it might be because I only saw episode 1 where he was as good as tomoya okazaki of clannad and episode 12.Now I am curious about how he become the biggest douchebag so unfortunately I have to see the other episodes even though I saw the ending which is the USP of this series.
May 28, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2016
i put some respect for makoto he could play more than 5 girls at once

saeed1mMay 28, 2017 2:38 PM
May 31, 2017 7:35 AM
May 2017
Lol, I felt I was too old for this anime (I am 26), but I watched this for the hell of it (largely because I heard it had a grusome ending and thought, sounds fun). Respect to Makoto for his exploits, but he was a bit of a douche. I liked the ending, I would have liked a scene (at the end) with some of the other characters discussing what happened with Makoto, Sekai and Kotonoha etc..

On the whole I found this anime pretty mediocre, end was probably the best bit
FinalSquallMay 31, 2017 8:24 AM
Jun 7, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2016
School Days is such a massive shitshow, but I loved watching it every step of the way - everyone was just straight up retarded that I was intrigued into seeing what would happen next.

And Kotonoha is best girl and did absolutely nothing wrong.
Chinese Cartoons are the end of me
Jun 17, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2010
Soo... I rewatched this for fun and I still feel the same way when I watched it at first
Jun 22, 2017 4:26 AM

Dec 2013
Reversify said:
Soo... I rewatched this for fun and I still feel the same way when I watched it at first

Same here, I still yelled "YAAAAY" when the multi faced-bin dipper stabbed the bellend and yelled even harder with such joy when Kotonoha settled the score with the multi faced-bin dipper. Such glorious anime
Jun 22, 2017 4:37 PM
Jun 2017
great anime 8/10.
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
Jun 30, 2017 9:43 AM

Jun 2017
OriginalName said:
darksniperx said:
. I would say the anime depicts the true worst case scenarios that can happen in real life

I really don't see how people can see school days as true...even as a worse case scenario. Although perhaps i'm just being naive.

Anyways congrats on doing an essay for the deep analysis to school days... Although i kinda lost interest after the part i quoted.

It can actually happen irl. The world is just too cruel.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 30, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2017
"School Days" was recommended to me by my friend. But when I checked on it, I was a bit hesitant because the rating was bad.

All throughout the episodes, it was just that typical shoujo/ slice of life anime and I wasn't even looking forward to how things goes. I didn't find it exciting.

Until the ending!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 12, 2017 11:19 PM

May 2016
worst anime i ever seen before score 2/10 no happy ending but i still love Katsura, Kotonoha poor girl

rewatching 2x
I don't care
Jul 23, 2017 4:21 AM

May 2016
6/10 if not for the ending I would have given it 3.
Aug 21, 2017 1:51 PM

Jul 2016
I give this a 7 for several reasons.

1. In my opinion the production value is just as good, if not better than Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, another anime produced by TNK that I gave a 7.

2. I'm an informed viewer that knows about the visual novel this was based on, of which has about 20 endings. Only 1/4 of those endings are tragic. It can't be faulted for the route the anime alone took.

3. I've said elsewhere on the forum that this is darker than Evangelion.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/message/51938322?goto=topic

4. For the reasons in that link, I think this tells a dark narrative better than Evangelion and is easier to connect with. I gave Evangelion a 6 when it was on my list, so it makes sense to give this a higher score.

I have the remastered visual novel, by the way. School Days HQ. I took a picture of me with it in my profile. I'll start playing it this week.
IpreferEcchiAug 21, 2017 1:57 PM
Aug 21, 2017 11:19 PM
Jul 2017
Makoto is the head of the ship🙂
Aug 22, 2017 11:44 PM

Jun 2014
glad i survive watch this shit!!!THank GOD that bitch Sekai died,she basically the major of problem of this show.. freaking deserve
most depressing n heartbreaking anime ever which really haunted n hurt my life
Aug 23, 2017 8:16 AM
Sep 2015
Mwaahaahaha, the SHIP has sailed, the WORLD has ended!!! They deserve it.
Pages (26) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

160 by postaldude34 »»
Yesterday, 9:14 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jobocan - Jul 27, 2007

142 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 6:38 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

134 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 13, 2007

116 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 5:19 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

175 by Strescr »»
Mar 24, 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.