Forum Settings
Forums

Do boys really need a 'father figure' for them to grow up properly?

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Post New Reply
Dec 6, 2012 12:14 PM

It doesn't really have to be your father, or a person connected to you in any way, form or shape. We have positive and negative reference groups, groups we compare ourselves with negatively (i don't want to be him/her/them - for example hobos and prisoners) and positively (i so want to be like them/her/him - Justin Bieber, dad, random guy etc.) and we have these, everyone has some form of these (if you say otherwise you lie) so if you think about it, we are shaped through these as we live on.

you can for example explain fashion through this since it's obviously people mimic the superstar clothes or whatever - positive reference group. The same goes for father figure, we think like "oh he's so badass" so we mimic him, where him could be our father, supermario (lol) or someone completely random guy on TV or something.

Aug 10, 2014 6:23 PM

no since i dont have a dad
RRRRRRRRRR

Aug 10, 2014 6:28 PM

You know, this is something I wonder about

Not exactly in the idea of a "father figure", but when I've considered children, I've always felt I wanted a girl instead of a boy, even did some research into pushing that direction

I feel as if I wouldn't exactly understand what raising a boy means...that I would be out of touch with everything guy related, or at least be unable to fully comprehend a part of his existence

It seems strange to consider, as I don't have any gender specific rules I'd pass on in mind
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*

Aug 10, 2014 6:28 PM
I think so.

Aug 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Mothers often spoil their children and boys tend to get rebellious, so yeah.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.

Aug 10, 2014 7:01 PM

Yes. Or at least have some non-institutionalized women in their lives. If 95% of people trying to guide them are women who've just went from one facility to the next, they're going to end messed up in the head.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]