Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is LOGH really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear cultured with good taste?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 4, 2014 6:10 PM
Jan 2013
I recently started watching LoGH and I already find it to be the best anime ever.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 4, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
id probably be the biggest LOTGH fan if season 4 wasnt such a mess at points.
JizzyHitlerDec 4, 2014 10:42 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2014 6:52 PM
Jan 2013
JizzyHitler said:
id probably be the biggest LOTGH fan if season 4 was such a mess at points.

You mean wasn't such a mess at points?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 4, 2014 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:

Season 4 was still better than most other anime ever could be.
Dec 4, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
cupc said:
JizzyHitler said:

Season 4 was still better than most other anime ever could be.
parts of it were, the orberstein arc was amazing and one of the biggest highlights of the show, the finale on the other hand right afterword was super sloppy in how it wrapped up, its got to be one of the most dissapointing finales ive seen to a show cause of just how good the show was before it only to suddenly succumb to a rushed pace forfeiting so much potential for more greatness, not bad.....well rubinsky was bad, but other than that it was more underwhelming than particularly bad. Like there was so much more they could do with julian and the alliance's situation but they kind of just bounce back from their problems out of no where, there was alot of interesting things they could have done with orbenstien and his actions in season 1 having repercussions but its kind of just dropped right off the bat and orbenstien just kind of disappears from the show until the end. They could had showcased what the terraists are planning after their last operation but they just amount to nothing and show up in the last episode to be promptly written off(while rushed that scene was still badass). Those and a few other things feel like the show was building into something and then just stops prematurely.

Season 4 score wise is probably like a 7/10 pushing a 8 but not quite reaching it. Compared to the 10/10 11/10 season 3 its a really big let down.

Lelouch_Darsi said:
JizzyHitler said:

You mean wasn't such a mess at points?
yeah thats what i meant, im really good at typing things out.
JizzyHitlerDec 4, 2014 10:50 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2014
Easily, though I look forward to the eventual rewatch.

[b]“To be honest, as this world goes, is to be one man picked out of ten thousand.” - Hamlet [/b]
Feb 15, 2015 12:11 AM

Oct 2014
Let me join this thread.
The truth is there. The lie is in your head.
Feb 15, 2015 12:17 AM

Oct 2014
JizzyHitler said:

Season 3>4>1>2 all of them better than 95% animes.
Feb 15, 2015 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
hahaha7x said:
JizzyHitler said:

How many "animes" have you even watched, though?
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 15, 2015 12:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
S1 - 8/10
S2 - 10/10
S3 - 10/10
S4 - 8/10
Overall - 9/10

That was how I did it at least. The beginning is pretty slow, and the ending is waaaayy too dragged out, not to mention incredibly predictable anyway. That aside my main gripe with the show would probably be the narrator himself who consistently spoils plot details before they happen for whatever nonsensical reason.

I love the series as a whole and respect it immensely but people saying that it's completely flawless and shit are still deluding themselves. There are some quite glaring issues if you really look for them.
Feb 15, 2015 12:24 AM

Oct 2014
hakuyu said:
hahaha7x said:

How many "animes" have you even watched, though?

Just 1 probably :+
Apr 14, 2015 10:10 PM
Apr 2015
seriously, No. I watched two episodes and had no idea why people tortures themself watching old pictures.
Apr 15, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2011
fast8 said:
seriously, No. I watched two episodes and had no idea why people tortures themself watching old pictures.

Seriously!!! And why would people also read black and white paper pictures (Manga)!!
Inconceivable!
Unthinkable!
Incomprehensible!
Apr 19, 2015 12:07 AM
Oct 2011
fast8 said:
You shoud've probably watched the movies first I really didnt like the first 2 episodes as well and almost dropped it,glad I didnt

That said, I thought the show was pretty decent(recently finished it) season 3-2 was where it shined the most, at least for me. I would give it 7.5-8, definitely a good show although nowhere near the messiah people make it out to be.
Apr 27, 2015 9:49 AM

Apr 2009
I wouldn't honestly say it's my favorite anime [that is locked in to Samurai Champloo and will never change] but it's up there. I am a big fan of talking heads, so that drew me in immediately. Then I found the world-building to be quite impressive and the sensitive portrayals of people's lives and motivations to be captivating.

It's very quotable, the characters are distinct and interact in a successful ensemble cast setting. Confession time: I considered watching this at the recommendation of a friend, and the deciding factor was Kosugi Jurota as Kasper Linz [RosenRitter]. I was watching the entire series just to hear his voice. Those of you who've seen it know he doesn't appear very often. XD

Suffice it to say that those who are touting it as an all-star seiyuu cast, aren't lying.
Nov 13, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2016
No. But I gave it a 10 and It´s in my top 20.
:v
Feb 7, 2018 11:30 AM

Apr 2008
It's been a couple of years LOGH is my fave anime. Just because I had never felt these intense emotions before.

LOGH is ...the 1st time that I had to stop watching an anime because I needed to "recover" from my emotions (ep 82) and to stop again because I didn't want to face the fate of another of my fave character (ep 98).
... is the first time I felt attached to so many different characters, because they were perfectly portrayed and believable (no super and flawless hero).
---has the best lines ever about democracy (ep 72),
... has the best BGM

It has been a real experience for me, I felt involved and not as a simple watcher. I still keep in mind my feelings and watch my fave parts from time to time. But I do understand LOGH may be unappealing to others or too demanding, and I do admit LOGH has its flaws.
Sorry for the long post, I could write tons about my feelings while watching LOGH ;)
Feb 7, 2018 11:57 AM

Dec 2013
While LOGH isn't the favorite anime for me, it's still up in my top 10. I think part of it is its uniqueness. I have never really seen a story of this scale done so well elsewhere, especially without simplifying the characters and ideas into black and white stereotypes. Often when a democratic nation is up against anything else, the other side is painted unconditionally as the bad guys. LOGH is just so... nuanced. And it also pulls some really ballsy plot twists too. I mean, everyone who has seen the show probably knows which moment I mean in particular.

It is simply spectacular. Sorry, I just wanted to gush a bit about the show... I suppose I'm a bit biased since shows that comment on different societies are my jam.
Feb 7, 2018 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
LotGH is good if you don't mind terrible narration, an over encumbering theme, poor uses of the medium, etc..

There are some nice scenes, though.
It's just that most people get a bit excited by the concept.
codyFeb 7, 2018 12:11 PM

Feb 15, 2018 7:33 PM
Dec 2014
You have no arguments plus you making stupid assumptions about people who hate it on their favourite anime list.Really!!!
Feb 16, 2018 5:37 AM

Apr 2016
Since this is kind of a popular topic I'd like to dig in.

I like love LoGH genuinely. I had my eyes set on this gem long ago, probably when I first heard of MAL. Still, it took me quite sometimes to finally watch it due to various objective reasons.

The hype for this show is extremely huge, and normally, when you have hope or expect something too much, the chance for disappointment is pretty much as equal. However, LoGH never failed in the least to disappoint me, it excels in almost every aspect, I do admit it has a few flaws but they're simply too insignificant compared to the scale, themes, and messages that were delivered throughout the duration of 110 episode.

That being said, I think this anime might not suit everyone, in fact, there's no such thing exists that can satisfy everyone. If there's 9 out of 10 people agree then there must always be 1 person who does the opposite, a matter of fact, an unspoken law of nature, so yeah I'm fine with whoever bashing the show in their own way. After all, "In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same".
Feb 18, 2018 11:17 AM

Dec 2017
Yeah people do this. I'm recently reading Berserk, another held up masterpiece, and it really dissapopinted me as people said it was going to be epic and deep. Instead I was dissapointed gravely. It's a 7/10 material but not a 10/10. People also say they like it but in reality they only have it to say they have a better subjective taste and that they are cultured.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Feb 18, 2018 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Im pretty sure those that have it as a fav but don't consider it a fav don't have it there to be seen as having good taste
They use it to troll people by acting like a elitist since its a meme to have it there and act like a dick while having it there
Feb 18, 2018 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
@Botan-Chan45 This actually reminds me of back when I read FSN VN (this was before FZ existed btw) because everyone had been hyping it up like crazy for me. I ended up completely hating it instead... The same also happened to lesser extent with me reading Ever17. I get the feeling that it is easy for VN hype to be completely overblown, since not many people read them and so the only people who talk about them are the fanboys.

For me LOGH is 10/10 though. I even bought the novels that are being translated now. Fortunately not all things people hype turn out to be garbage ^^
Feb 18, 2018 11:36 AM

Dec 2017
@NthDegree i was disappointed by Boku no Hero and Berserk. SO far those two are some of the most hyped anime and I found them boring or sometime so I'm afraid of being disappointed. Of course there was some shows that were hyped and I liked.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Feb 24, 2018 12:42 AM
Jul 2014
Galactic heroes is genuinely a great series that virtually everyone adores. Are some people putting it as their #1 partially to fit in and appear respectable? Well...probably some. I think most are being honest. For me personally, it's just outside my top 10 all time. This may make me a bit of an outcast here on MAL, but fuck it.
May 2, 2018 4:50 PM
Jul 2017
i am at episode 3 and am really enjoying it
May 3, 2018 12:12 PM
Aug 2015
Anime make you rich from 1.000.000.000.000.000 other anime
All animes fall down ahead it
May 3, 2018 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
It is one of my fav anime but it's not my all time fav. I would've picked it anyway if it wasn't regarded as such. I like it that much because I love it's characters and I'm a sucker for drama so stuff that happens between 50 or 110 epi really got to me. But of course, it's not flawless, nothing is. I didn't like some aspects of it but i still loved it a lot.
May 9, 2018 4:12 AM
Aug 2017
To answer the original post, yes, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is indeed my favorite anime, well beyond most of the other series that I have watched. That may change over time, however, I never see a time existing in which it will not at least be in my top 10. I don't care much for appearances, and I will gladly give a bad review to a popular and well-praised show if I think it is bad. I hope that answers your question.
May 9, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2016
It isn't my absolute favorite but it is my favorite space opera. As space operas go, it is, by far, the best I've seen and frankly should be a series that (re)defines what the phrase "space opera" means.
Feb 14, 2019 9:49 AM

Jul 2016
Valaskjalf said:
LOGH was boring for the most part and the only character that was interesting for me died 3/4 into the series. So yeah I didn't really care for it that much.

I had more fun reading all the fanboys and haters of the series on the forum than the actual thing lol

Never seen someone with more garbage taste than you
Feb 14, 2019 9:59 AM

Feb 2018
Valkyrie_Wings said:
I'm skeptical about all the people with this in their favorites. Really.

have you never fuckin watched it?
its really that good...
May 14, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2016
Have not watched it, do not give a damn for the elitists
May 23, 2019 8:59 PM

Sep 2010
When I first watched it I was like how is this boring snorefest have so many fan favorites (after watching the first 6 episodes btw)? Then I went back and I gave it a second shot a few years later. This time I watched everything in order from the Gaidens to the movies and I have to say the characters really got me hooked so when it finally came to the main series to me it was just continuing the timeline of the characters and the universe I was familiar with and loved and I was like "Wow I get to see 110 more episodes of my favorite characters especially Yang"

The last few episodes did feel a bit rushed, but the anime was probably one of the greatest I've seen along with Code Geass R1, Gundam 00, and K Project S1.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 23, 2019 9:37 PM

Dec 2018
I mean sure, you can see LOGH on most pretentious weebs favorite list, and i totally get why you'd ask this question.

I really do think that LoGH is my favorite anime of all time.. from the anime i've seen so far. The grand scale of the story is something which i've never seen, that spans throughout the galaxy. So many perspectives, people, battles and so on..

No memeing you, but after i saw the series it felt like i've seen everything i wanted from anime. I took a 2 months break from watching anime.

God_MarsMay 23, 2019 10:23 PM
Jun 7, 2019 4:02 AM

Oct 2013
Rather than wasting time being a weeb dilettante watching an anime that somewhat forgoes the merits of the visual medium itself, why not watch the actual TV drama adaptation of the legendary Chinese novel which LOGH took many elements from: Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Some of you act like you've never ventured beyond anime to find enjoyment and artistry in true art and literature.

For those weebs who try to act elitist, at least act elitist about something that is universally recognized as higher art, rather than a questionably worthy hybridization between high and pop culture

Jun 25, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed this anime. I was rewatching my favorite episodes, drawing favorite characters and simply obsessing over it. I liked the setting, the music, the story, well almost everything about it. So yes, it is sincerely one of my favorite anime of all time.
Omnia munda mundis
Jul 20, 2019 3:24 PM
Mar 2019
The fact that you question other peoples authenticity and make a post about it says more about you than the fan base for this show.

The fact that I took the time to write this says more about me than it does about this show or you.
Oct 24, 2019 8:42 PM

Feb 2014
Nah, is the other way around, I avoid giving it a 10 and adding it to my favorite so I don't have to give explanations of what is LoGH doing there next to Shokugeki no Souma and Fairy Tail and have people realize I'm not elitist enough to deserve this anime in my favorites.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.