Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is LOGH really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear cultured with good taste?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Nov 4, 2012 9:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 505
I'm skeptical about all the people with this in their favorites. Really.
 
#2
Nov 5, 2012 2:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 654
Nah it's just really good
Modified by Excelsior, Mar 20, 2013 4:48 PM
 
#3
Nov 5, 2012 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 603
Obvious troll is obvious. But I'll bite!

LOGH isn't anywhere near being on my fave list, but I'd say it's good enough to warrant all the fuss over it.
 
#4
Nov 5, 2012 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 505
ciddypoo said:
Obvious troll is obvious. But I'll bite!

LOGH isn't anywhere near being on my fave list, but I'd say it's good enough to warrant all the fuss over it.


I know this seems like a troll question, but I'm actually curious. Why? Because it seems that some users in the MAL community wear this series as some kind of badge of honor.
Now, no one is going to admit to jumping on the bandwagon, so to speak. But this has been on my mind when I think about MAL, so I figured it might at least spark some interesting discussion.
 
#5
Nov 5, 2012 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2588
If it wasn't for the popularity it gained on MAL, I would have never started watching LoGH. And when I did, I knew it was going to be "objectively good".
And I do believe it is (and yes, I'm probably influenced by the MAL community), but it has also turned into a delight to see. I really like all of the characters and the story, I just love watching those evolve. The sense of "epicness" it gives is unmatched.
 
#6
Nov 5, 2012 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1570
I would say yes it is.
It's something I keep thinking about, even though I have not watched an episode in months.

One of the few other things to do that has been the Song of Ice and Fire book series.
 
#7
Nov 7, 2012 1:13 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8414
I'll bite too.

Yes. It is my favourite anime. Only one series has ever left me literally speechless for days as an adult (episode 82: enough said) and left me with such a deep impression after completion for many months after watching it.

And I don't think one needs to be "cultured" or have "good taste" to enjoy it: It requires a certain commitment for sure, when we're talking about 110 episodes and a degree of willingness to get into thinking about stuff like what makes democracies or societies work. But thinking about those things isn't nor should it be the preserve of an elite.

One thing I find hilarious though is how some people (over 200 of them in fact) have gone in and given LOGH a score of 1. Although I respect people's opinions, I find it hard to believe that anyone would give such a well made anime (story, characters, music) such a score unless they were trolling or more likely, trying to manipulate another anime into a higher rank at MAL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
#8
Nov 7, 2012 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7856
Is Clannad really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear uncultured with zero taste?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
 
#9
Nov 7, 2012 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3234
Confucius said:
Is Clannad really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear uncultured with zero taste?

Thread over.
 
Nov 7, 2012 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1350
I'm not one of the people particularly enthusiastic about it (8/10), but - dear god - how can you not see why it has so many fans? It has the deepest dialogue of any anime series, and the best analysis on politics and war ever written outside of dissertations. A lot of people are interested in politics and warfare, as it happens.

Of course, you might not care about such. You have Angel Beats, Da Capo and Shugo Chara on your favorites list (which I have a lot more trouble understanding how anyone could favorite), which are the farthest thing you could possibly get from LoGH, save maybe K-ON (which you've favorited the 4koma manga of).

Homolust said:
Confucius said:
Is Clannad really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear uncultured with zero taste?

Thread over.


He has Da Capo, Angel Beats and Shugo Chara there, and you pick on Clannad? Odd choice there.
 
Nov 7, 2012 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 937
The amount of people who have LOGH in their favorites, let alone watch it, is not that high; so I don't see a problem. What makes you so skeptical?

Also, OH damn Confucius.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
 
Nov 7, 2012 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
I like LoGH -> I have a good taste and I'm cultured.

I don't think anyone is retarded enough to seriously think in that way.
weh
 
Nov 7, 2012 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Homolust said:
Confucius said:
Is Clannad really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear uncultured with zero taste?

Thread over.


Eh, Da Capo would be a much better choice if you want to play the "ha ha, my taste is better than yours!" card.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Nov 7, 2012 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5289
That's a question I've had in my mind too. I've completed LoGH and I really think it's great, but it's not one of my favorites, appearing to be a cultural person is not why I decided to watch it in the first place.
 
Nov 7, 2012 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11204
Hmm... Not to say it's my favorite Anime but... I consider LoGH to be much better than Clannad. And what failure would care about appearing "Cultured"?
I fall upon the thorns of life! I bleed!
 
Nov 7, 2012 3:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 30920
LOGH objectively needs to be in my favorites. I have little to say in the matter.
That you think it makes one appear cultured and with good taste is good to know though.
Modified by Pullman, Nov 7, 2012 3:12 PM
no more forums
 
Nov 7, 2012 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4122
It's notorious LoGH fans are shallow people who would put it in their favorite so they don't appear shallow.
 
Nov 7, 2012 3:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 140
I wouldn't have subtitled all 110 episodes, 56 Gaiden/Spiral Labyrinth and all the movies if it wasn't my favorite.

Central Anime Overlord.
 
Nov 7, 2012 3:28 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24775
Heibi said:
I wouldn't have subtitled all 110 episodes, 56 Gaiden/Spiral Labyrinth and all the movies if it wasn't my favorite.

Central Anime Overlord.

i doth my Eagle to you to make the best ever repsentaion of a Souce avabaile for eng Speakers [ i know this cause i have read the novel]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Nov 7, 2012 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 13588
It's the best anime I've ever seen.

And that's really all there is to say on that matter.
Karhu said:
I like LoGH -> I have a good taste and I'm cultured.

I don't think anyone is retarded enough to seriously think in that way.
It's hard, being cultured and refined. It's hard, and no one understands.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja
 
Nov 7, 2012 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31800
oh come the fuck on is this thread for real?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Nov 7, 2012 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
lol one of the funniest thread I've ever seen.
 
Nov 7, 2012 8:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1570
Actually thinking about it, I use the words legit and for serious a lot.

I don't think I CAN be cultured.
 
Nov 8, 2012 4:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1531
Homolust said:
Confucius said:
Is Clannad really your favorite anime, or do you just say that to appear uncultured with zero taste?

Thread over.


Indeed.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
 
Nov 8, 2012 7:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 212
Interesting thread I've seen. :)
 
Nov 8, 2012 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 932
I w-watched something old! D-d-do I have taste now?
 
Nov 8, 2012 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1350
IllegalCyrus said:
I w-watched something old! D-d-do I have taste now?


No.
 
Nov 8, 2012 8:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3466
IllegalCyrus said:
I w-watched something old! D-d-do I have taste now?
the best
 
Nov 8, 2012 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
Baman said:
It's the best anime I've ever seen.

And that's really all there is to say on that matter.
Karhu said:
I like LoGH -> I have a good taste and I'm cultured.

I don't think anyone is retarded enough to seriously think in that way.
It's hard, being cultured and refined. It's hard, and no one understands.
But.. but you aren't even a noble Aryan. 10/10 to Code Gayass R2 is approved if one also appreciates LoGH fanart and other yaoi-related pictures, yes?
weh
 
Nov 8, 2012 10:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 6
I don't know any other shows in the medium with this level of immersion, as well as featuring such memorable characters.
 
Nov 9, 2012 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 434
I must agree with OP, it's impossible for so many people to put LOGH on their favourite list. It must be conspiracy! *puts on a tinfoil hat*
 
Nov 9, 2012 9:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 47
Heibi said:
I wouldn't have subtitled all 110 episodes, 56 Gaiden/Spiral Labyrinth and all the movies if it wasn't my favorite.

Central Anime Overlord.
Thank you, glorious leader.

Yeah, I don't really see that many people who have LoGH as a favorite, though I've noticed a large proportion of people who have seen it have it in their favorites.
 
Nov 9, 2012 11:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 148
LoGH?

Ah, the anime! I haven't watched it yet!
*Puts in favorites to look more cultured and refined.*
 
Nov 10, 2012 1:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1302
YES! It's very true! There are intruders among us!
You can easily tell because some people will put LoGH in their fav list to claim how bad CLANNAD is and attempt to appear smart.
(which is also why you see people arguing over this all the time...)

The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.
 
Nov 10, 2012 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Nov 10, 2012 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
LoGH owns! i love it so much !!
 
Nov 10, 2012 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 871
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.
 
Nov 10, 2012 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
phnsr said:
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.


Okay.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Nov 10, 2012 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
phnsr said:
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.
How is being a true fan possible without being a fan in the first place, though?
weh
 
Nov 10, 2012 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 871
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.
How is being a true fan possible without being a fan in the first place, though?


How is being a false fan possible at all?
 
Nov 10, 2012 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
phnsr said:
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.
How is being a true fan possible without being a fan in the first place, though?


How is being a false fan possible at all?
Look at the thread title.
weh
 
Nov 10, 2012 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 871
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.
How is being a true fan possible without being a fan in the first place, though?


How is being a false fan possible at all?
Look at the thread title.


That would be pretending, not being a fan. A fan that isn't pretending to be a fan would be a 'true' fan, ie fan == true fan. Therefore the conclusion you quoted is valid. Not truthful, but that was the point.
 
Nov 10, 2012 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
phnsr said:
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
insan3soldiern said:
edwd2 said:


The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.


Which means there are a lot of not so true fans in this thread. Fucking posers....


It also means I am a true LotGH fan, even though I think it is trash. Funny how that works.
How is being a true fan possible without being a fan in the first place, though?


How is being a false fan possible at all?
Look at the thread title.


That would be pretending, not being a fan. A fan that isn't pretending to be a fan would be a 'true' fan, ie fan == true fan. Therefore the conclusion you quoted is valid. Not truthful, but that was the point.

> That would be pretending, not being a fan.
> A fan that isn't pretending to be a fan would be a 'true' fan

So care to explain why a fan who is pretending cannot be called a false fan?

You are also the one who brought up the whole term. I never thought not being a true fan nor a fan would imply you are a false fan.

And no. Half of the true doesn't make the conclusion valid.
weh
 
Nov 11, 2012 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 871
Karhu said:

So care to explain why a fan who is pretending cannot be called a false fan?


Pretending to be a fan is *not* being a fan. The entire point was that 'true' and 'false' fans don't make sense.


You are also the one who brought up the whole term. I never thought not being a true fan nor a fan would imply you are a false fan.


That would be edwd2, actually. But considering this exchange, I really don't understand how this conversation got past two replies.


And no. Half of the true doesn't make the conclusion valid.


I've lost you here, but before you reply, please verify that your understanding of what makes a conclusion valid conforms to the basic tenet of modern logic.
Modified by phnsr, Nov 11, 2012 8:07 PM
 
Nov 13, 2012 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
Valkyrie_Wings said:
I'm skeptical about all the people with this in their favorites. Really.



OP...you let me speechless....
you are skeptical? really?
about people like/favorite logh? an anime which you don't know shit about? he is not in anywhere in your list and the fact that you opened this thread is the proof that you don't know nothing about it...

It's like be skeptical about people realy like a intelligent movie/book, that you never watched or read...only because you think they can't be that good....and these saying they are fans of course are just liers..
just a bunch of people wanting to look smart.

So yeah...I realy want look smart so I put logh as my fave anime and Reinhard as my fave char....because what people think about me is so important to me...I can't live if others think I'm dumb/silly person...what if they find out that I'm a girl but my fave genre is shounen! and that I really love Monkey D. Luffy and Sakata Gintoki?

Sometime I think that shoud be a law to prohibit people to talk about things they don't know...yes I'm team Reich...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
 
Nov 13, 2012 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
Valkyrie_Wings said:


Sometime I think that shoud be a law to prohibit people to talk about things they don't know...yes I'm team Reich...


If that was the case, a vast amount of religious people would be put in jail, LOL
Modified by Shoryu, Nov 14, 2012 1:15 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
Nov 14, 2012 6:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 434
>fan
>pretending to be a fan

 
Nov 14, 2012 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7856
orzel286 said:
>fan
>pretending to be a fan



That's one filthy fan...just look at the center!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
 
Nov 15, 2012 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 594
You must be a poor soul to pretend to be a fan of something.

That's something a child would do in school to fit in.

What makes you think this way?
 
Nov 15, 2012 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
phnsr said:
Karhu said:

So care to explain why a fan who is pretending cannot be called a false fan?


Pretending to be a fan is *not* being a fan. The entire point was that 'true' and 'false' fans don't make sense.


You are also the one who brought up the whole term. I never thought not being a true fan nor a fan would imply you are a false fan.


That would be edwd2, actually. But considering this exchange, I really don't understand how this conversation got past two replies.


And no. Half of the true doesn't make the conclusion valid.


I've lost you here, but before you reply, please verify that your understanding of what makes a conclusion valid conforms to the basic tenet of modern logic.
I didn't have problems on understanding your points nor what you meant.

> The true fans of LoGH are smart enough not to waste time trolling other series.

1. I'm not a fan of logh
2. I'm not wasting time trolling other series
Conclusion; I'm fan of logh
weh
 
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »