Nov 2010
Otaking87 said:
LordSenate said:
Otaking87 said:
read my sig
to see how i rate

I refuse to read that jumble of crap..

i put alot of work in to my system i rate critically not like most here
You did put a lot of work into making it, but not conveying it so people could understand. It should probably be like this.

or like this My 11 main things i rate on
  1. Impact on industry both the anime and original manga had.
  2. TV ratings in in Japan .
  3. Ka of the source work (and how loyal the anime stayed to it and how well it compares to other big names in its genre).
  4. Seiyuu casting (how many I know by voice).
  5. Impact on general pop culture in Japan and the west.
  6. Impact on otaku culture in Japan and the west.
  7. Music (Instrumentation).
  8. How much stuff it shifts.
  9. Art style.
  10. Studio who produced the anime.
  11. Type of music used lyrical (anison or not).

Though I don't know what a "Ka" is. And what is the "stuff" that it shifts, also your music section(11) is confusing.
Nov 5, 2012 9:12 AM

Feb 2008
My mean score is only 5.37 because I use the full ten point rating scale and legitimately dislike a lot of shows. Heck, if I was watching more mediocre anime each season or didn't rate relative to the quality of an average anime, it'd be somewhere in the 4.00 - 4.99 region. Better to only give out high scores when they're deserved, no?
Nov 5, 2012 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
people think they're cool because they give lower scores or something tbh
if you go to movie sites no one scores that harshly tho but cause of all of the wannabe tryhard reviewers who think their opinion matters people on mal score stuff lower
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Nov 5, 2012 9:21 AM

Jul 2012
Sic said:
My way of rating goes; plot/characters/theme = enjoyment/feels = some number to express said enjoyment and feels.

Naturally with a heavy bias, since I only finish stuff that can hold my narrow attention span. Yeah.

Homolust said:
lrn 2 10 point rating scale

if you have a mean score higher than 5.99 then you're doing it rong
means yer watchin' more shit ya really enjoy, whodunit wrong?

This^

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 5, 2012 9:41 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Otaking87 said:
LordSenate said:
Otaking87 said:
read my sig
to see how i rate

You did put a lot of work into making it, but not conveying it so people could understand. It should probably be like this.

3. Ka of the source work (and how loyal the anime stayed to it and how well it compares to other big names in its genre).
  9. Art style.

Though I don't know what a "Ka" is. And what is the "stuff" that it shifts, also your music section(11) is confusing.

Stuff = Merch
Ka = Shorten version of manga ka
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 5, 2012 9:44 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I put more importance to story in my rating, enjoyment and all the rest of stuff you could as a basis for a rating don't play such a big role.
I'm not obsessed with my ratings looking critical or as if no anime could meet my standards, with a low mean scores and their "full scale" rants.
Nov 5, 2012 9:44 AM

Nov 2010
Otaking87 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Otaking87 said:
LordSenate said:
Otaking87 said:
read my sig
to see how i rate

9. Art style.

Stuff = Merch
Oh ok, now I get it.
Nov 5, 2012 9:50 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Otaking87 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Otaking87 said:
LordSenate said:
Otaking87 said:
read my sig
to see how i rate

9. Art style.

Stuff = Merch
Oh ok, now I get it.

and just to say i tried to covery it with more neetness but lacked sapce in sig
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 5, 2012 9:55 AM
Mar 2011
my rating scale
1-4 the worst
5 Bad
6 ok
7 Passable
8 decent
9 excellent
10 perfect must read iv read this masterpiece why have you not
Plz note fore readers of my list hard ever ging ero anime above 5 so if you see ones of you fave mainstream anime with the same ratings as a Ero anime that is not Dragon Kniht or lolita anime HAS THAT is acuse the hentai was that good the reason those two mention above have usch high scores 8 and 10 are cuase they help make that gnere [ i would not mention them in the same bratth as all my other 10 9's or 8's
Futher expination of my ratings system
Each ponit of my 11 has its own score of ten of i rate out of 11o total
1] 0 - 15
2] 16-40
3] 41-50
4] 51-55
5] 56- 65
7] 66-75
8] 76-89
9[90-105
10] 106-110

Nov 5, 2012 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
Like most? people here, I rate based on how much I enjoyed it.
Nov 5, 2012 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
gigglingidiot said:
*I dunno if this thread has been done before. Searched for it, but didn't see anything too similar.

Not sure if...
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 5, 2012 10:22 AM

Nov 2010
Otaking87 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Otaking87 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Otaking87 said:
LordSenate said:
Otaking87 said:
read my sig
to see how i rate

9. Art style.

Stuff = Merch
Oh ok, now I get it.

and just to say i tried to covery it with more neetness but lacked sapce in sig
If it's because of the word limit, then you could have made it a picture. You're allowed a 600px x 150px and 300kb picture and one line of words.
Nov 9, 2012 1:57 PM
May 2010
Some people just choose to take things too seriously. My idealistic heart scoffs at the notion of objectivity, and I prefer to focus on the positive rather than the negative, so my ratings are high. I don't really care, all it says to me is that I enjoy things more and I'm not about to be ashamed of that.
Nov 9, 2012 4:06 PM

Sep 2012
I go by whatever rating standards the site sets, so for this site everything I rate above 5 is enjoyable to some degree and vice versa.
I look to ratings as a portrayal of the things a person enjoys and dislikes, so when people start mixing in objective factors like popularity, then that's hard to judge.
Nov 9, 2012 4:15 PM

Dec 2009
I rate based on my taste, how I liked it and my overall enjoyment.
If I enjoyed it very much and the story is very good in my taste it easily gets a 10.

I'm a pretty generous rating of 10's...
Nov 10, 2012 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
My way of rating goes; plot/characters/theme = enjoyment/feels = some number to express said enjoyment and feels.

Naturally with a heavy bias, since I only finish stuff that can hold my narrow attention span. Yeah.

Homolust said:
lrn 2 10 point rating scale

means yer watchin' more shit ya really enjoy, whodunit wrong?

How does having a mean score of 5.99 mean you watch "more shit"?

I don't know about you, but I also rate dropped series, rate short specials and I enjoy my 5's.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 10, 2012 7:48 AM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:

I don't know about you, but I also rate dropped series, rate short specials and I enjoy my 5's.

Or maybe you're just reading too much into it.

You can even enjoy 2's, though I certainly don't enjoy my below 5's as much as I enjoy my 7's and 8's.
These days I don't even bother to watch anything that would fall below a 7, with the exception of hilariously bad series.
Nov 10, 2012 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
rederoin said:

You can even enjoy 2's, though I certainly don't enjoy my below 5's as much as I enjoy my 7's and 8's.
These days I don't even bother to watch anything that would fall below a 7, with the exception of hilariously bad series.

Reading to much into? how?

I was just commenting on the fact that you seem to think that having a mean score of 5.99 means you watch more shit than good shows.

Nov 10, 2012 8:01 AM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:
Sic said:
rederoin said:

I was just commenting on the fact that you seem to think that having a mean score of 5.99 means you watch more shit than good shows.

According to my own scale of rating, it would definitely be the case.

Which's why I don't watch shit below my average.
Nov 10, 2012 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
rederoin said:
Sic said:
rederoin said:

According to my own scale of rating, it would definitely be the case.

Which's why I don't watch shit below my average.

And everybody uses the same scale as you do?

Nov 10, 2012 8:06 AM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:

See me claiming that everyone does?
Nov 10, 2012 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
rederoin said:

"means yer watchin' more shit ya really enjoy, whodunit wrong?"

I was referring to that part, you where implying somebody with a mean score of around 6 would watch more shit than decent anime.

Nov 10, 2012 8:10 AM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:
Sic said:
rederoin said:

I was referring to that part, you where implying somebody with a mean score of around 6 would watch more shit than decent anime.

That's to counter the point that everyone who's got above 5.99 'do it wrong', and so I speak for myself.

Your point?
Nov 10, 2012 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
rederoin said:
Sic said:
rederoin said:

That's to counter the point that everyone who's got above 5.99 'do it wrong', and so I speak for myself.

Your point?

That both your and his points are wrong.

Its not a counter if the "counter statement" is also incorrect.

Nov 10, 2012 8:14 AM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:

Well, you've really convinced me.
Nov 10, 2012 8:16 AM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
rederoin said:

Well, you've really convinced me.

Good.

Nov 10, 2012 8:57 AM

Nov 2010
This is the scale i adopted when i came across it a while ago.

10/10: All time favorite. The kind of anime that is stuck in my head constantly, that I would go back and rewatch more than happily. Impacted me more than anything, even outside of anime and in terms of all storytelling mediums I've experienced. It's impossible to express how much I loved an anime with this rating. It's something that you need to watch right away no matter what is going on in your life. It's something that should never, ever be skipped under any circumstance.
9/10: Holy shit. Stunning in every sense of the word. Beautiful, amazing. Tears may have been shed. This is the kind of anime that impacted me in such a way that I was thinking of it for many months after and which possibly even changed my mindset in some way. Everybody should watch this anime no matter who they are. It's nearly impossible to get any better than this.
8/10: Great anime, love it. Would recommend to absolutely anybody who has taste in anime and wants to have a good time. It's virtually flawless from a critical perspective and immensely entertaining.
7/10: Pretty good. An anime that I enjoyed a lot and would definitely suggest to anybody who is interested. At this rating I become a fan of the show and would give it an easy thumb up. It's not perfect by any stretch and it's not amazing, but it's either a lot of fun to watch or contains very few flaws.
6/10: A decent anime. It's not something I would openly recommend to other people but if you are interested in the style, genre, or premise of it then it couldn't do you any harm. There's some good moments here and there and it's still worth watching if you have the time to spare, though don't expect anything especially good.
5/10: The middle ground. It's essentially a huge "meh", either failing to entertain or being laden with problems. I don't hate an anime with this rating but it means that I didn't like it either. It's the lowest rating something can be given from which I can derive any semblance of enjoyment.
4/10: Bad, poor. Highly suggested to avoid. Unless you are watching to make fun of it then steer clear. The flaws outweigh anything good and the entire product is weak.
3/10: Horrible. An anime that gets this low of a rating is impossible to enjoy even ironically, being full of so many problems that you can't succinctly mention just one or two. The entire thing is a huge, stinking mess.
2/10: What the flying fuck is this shit? Words can't even properly express how painful it is to watch an anime this close to the bottom. Cringeworthy, terrible. I'd rather stab myself in the knee than watch another episode.
1/10: PLEASE, PLEASE, OH GOD KILL ME NOW. PLEASE END MY SUFFERING. PLEASE, JUST KILL ME.
Nov 10, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Homolust said:
If you have a mean score of lower than 6, then you're not screening your anime right. If I sense that a series is about to suck big time, I drop it, which is why my mean score is 7.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
rederoin said:
Sic said:
rederoin said:

"Shit" used in this context is slang (e.g. "That shit is the bomb." Hint: No actual shit or bombs are involved in the previous statement). Learn to read.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
Ginko13 said:
In summary:

10: Simply the Best
9: Stunning
8: Great
7: Pretty Good
6: Decent
5: Middle Ground
4-1: Shit

Average, how does it work?
LoneWolf said:
Nov 10, 2012 3:23 PM

Nov 2011
katsucats said:
rederoin said:
Sic said:
rederoin said:

"Shit" used in this context is slang (e.g. "That shit is the bomb." Hint: No actual shit or bombs are involved in the previous statement). Learn to read.

Shit was used as something bad in that context.

katsucats said:
Homolust said:
If you have a mean score of lower than 6, then you're not screening your anime right. If I sense that a series is about to suck big time, I drop it, which is why my mean score is 7.

Some people rate there dropped anime. and not everybody is using whatever rating system you're using.
rederoinNov 10, 2012 3:27 PM

Nov 10, 2012 3:24 PM

Jul 2011
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

Thought this was common sense, no wonder it made no sense.

Props for clearing that up.
Nov 10, 2012 3:27 PM

Nov 2011
Sic said:
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

Common sense that the word shit is not a negative word?(unless used of in the context of that the shit).
Its not my fault you think everybody understands when you misuse words like that.

Nov 10, 2012 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
rederoin said:
Sic said:
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

Common sense that the word shit is not a negative word?(unless used of in the context of that the shit).
Its not my fault you think everybody understands when you misuse words like that.

No offense, but either English is not your first language, or you've missed out on the last 30 years of pop culture...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
katsucats said:
rederoin said:
Sic said:
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

No offense, but either English is not your first language, or you've missed out on the last 30 years of pop culture...

Since when was "shit" not a negative? unless its used in the context I mentioned before(that movie was the shit).

Shit obviously means its a bad show or whatever.

Nov 10, 2012 3:33 PM

May 2011
rederoin said:
Sic said:
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

You should check this shit out,
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shit&defid=1532411
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 10, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
It's alright, shit happens.
Nov 10, 2012 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
It's good shit when we all come to an understanding.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
Karhu said:
rederoin said:
Sic said:
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

So watching shit is a not a bad thing?
How the godamn hell can watching shit be be a good thing? how the godamn fuck? fucking retarded bullshit

Nov 10, 2012 3:43 PM

Nov 2011
katsucats said:

You call this is an understanding? I call it retarded bullshit.

Nov 10, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
I'm aware people do it, but using shit in a positive context has always been, and will always be, stupid.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 10, 2012 3:46 PM

Jul 2011
When ye watchin' shit ya really enjoy, dat shit be awesome.
Nov 10, 2012 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
rederoin said:
katsucats said:

You call this is an understanding? I call it retarded bullshit.
Well, shit...

Next time you go to a blues concert and the singer says, "Let's play this shit so funky you could smell it." Then you could revel in the fact that you're probably the only person there that's so perplexed...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2011
rederoin said:
Karhu said:
rederoin said:
Sic said:
katsucats said:
rederoin said:

So watching shit is a not a bad thing?
How the godamn hell can watching shit be be a good thing? how the godamn fuck? fucking retarded bullshit

"This shit is my favorite anime of all time" is a sentence of honor and respect.

Man, you need to go deeper. You are now just assuming that shit is shit while that's not the case. Shit can be pretty much anything. Understanding its specific meaning in different cases shouldn't be harder than understanding sarcasm.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 10, 2012 4:12 PM

Apr 2011
I automatically got more criticizing with anime as I grew sick of generic shit, which I think most people will grow tired of (not all though, of course...).
Nov 11, 2012 9:54 AM

Aug 2011
I rate for enjoyment.

There are people who do consider every little aspect of the anime when they rate, but I feel like that just takes all the fun out of watching anime. When I watch anime, I do it to get away from all the stress of school work and writing essays and analyzing things. I have no idea why people would want to do more of that than they already have to.
Nov 11, 2012 3:39 PM

Nov 2010
Nordhau5 said:
Ginko13 said:
In summary:

10: Simply the Best
9: Stunning
8: Great
7: Pretty Good
6: Decent
5: Middle Ground
4-1: Shit

Average, how does it work?

Average i would consider is your expectations and enjoyment for the genre you are watching. Like they say, its all in your opinion.

To me, average would be a watchable but ultimately forgettable series. Anime that is cliche, unoriginal in concept, lacks excellence in music or art, but is enjoyable at the least is average in my opinion, which easily earns a 6 or 7.
Nov 16, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2019
i always rate based on enjoyment which can be made up of appreciation for art/music/story but certainly isnt limited to them. some stuff cannot be measured by strictly traditional means like hype, cute, or like fight scenes and such. at the end of the day enjoying a show is the most important part lol so whatever floats your boat
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
10 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
19 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.