Forum Settings
Forums

Why Non-Americans SHOULD care about the election this Tuesday.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 4, 2012 8:41 PM

Jun 2011
armeg said:
The problem is that the TPC said their entire study is incomplete because Romney refuses/hasn't released any details and just uses catch phrases for his tax plan. Thus definite numbers don't really exist.

But lets say I no longer would like to vote for Romney if I was a voter, why should I vote for Obama, why is his tax plan any better, and what has he done over the last 4 years to help the average Joe?

Their study is based on the assumption that he closes all the loopholes for the top earners, and the math still doesn't add up unless he raises taxes on the middle class. There's just not enough revenue to pay for those tax cuts and still remain revenue neutral.

It is a lie to say that it works, because it just doesn't. You don't need specifics to figure that out.
Nov 4, 2012 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
Anyone that votes Romney is for discrimination. We are doomed.

I pretty sure most people voting for Romney have no idea what he wants to do.
Nov 4, 2012 8:43 PM

Mar 2009
vbyo said:
glitchhunter said:
Zatoichi said:
glitchhunter said:
Hitchens said:
glitchhunter said:
I'm in Aus, but I care. Nothing I can do about it though. However, I really hope Romney wins. Can't stand Obama.

But you're female :/

Err, yes I am. Your point?

Romney hates women or so I've heard.

'Or so I've heard'.
Perhaps you could tell me where he says this or where there is evidence of this. Obama, to me, seems to be quite sexist.

It's cause his black isn't it ? right? its his skin colour ? right...

right?

Er, no, but his skin color was the reason so many people voted for him in the first place. You should vote for policy, not skin color. Very racist.
Nov 4, 2012 8:47 PM

Jun 2008
@glitchhunter you don't live in the U.S so you probably don't know just how bad the GOP are in regards to women.

They are trying everything possible to eliminate legal abortions in the U.S.

They are AGAINST paying women the same amount of money as men in the workplace.

Trust me, if you lived here, and you're at least a "moderate", no way in hell would you want Romney to win.

Sep 2012
glitchhunter said:
vbyo said:
glitchhunter said:
Zatoichi said:
glitchhunter said:
Hitchens said:
glitchhunter said:
I'm in Aus, but I care. Nothing I can do about it though. However, I really hope Romney wins. Can't stand Obama.

'Or so I've heard'.
Perhaps you could tell me where he says this or where there is evidence of this. Obama, to me, seems to be quite sexist.

right?

Er, no, but his skin color was the reason so many people voted for him in the first place. You should vote for policy, not skin color. Very racist.

Don't vote based on ANY color. Party affiliation included, just look at the bloody policies.

Mar 2012
glitchhunter said:
Er, no, but his skin color was the reason so many people voted for him in the first place

You must be joking.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 4, 2012 8:49 PM

Feb 2009
Pigeon_Senpai said:
Anyone that votes Romney is for discrimination. We are doomed.

I pretty sure most people voting for Romney have no idea what he wants to do.

Do you know what Romney wants to do? Because I don't even think Romney has any idea of what he is doing either..
Nov 4, 2012 8:51 PM

Mar 2008
Nordhau5 said:
glitchhunter said:
Er, no, but his skin color was the reason so many people voted for him in the first place

You must be joking.

Yeah that's a really weird conclusion to come to considering most of America is white and by that logic would have voted for McCain.

I wish we had Clinton in office. I dunno Obama already has a considerable amount of experience as President and can probably work more efficiently because of his understanding of it. Unless I feel that Romney can do way better it doesn't make sense to vote for him. He'd also have to establish ties with all the international figures. Plus I'm not super rich.
Nov 4, 2012 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
Nordhau5 said:
glitchhunter said:

You must be joking.

Yes, I remember seeing on forums and such that people were saying you should vote for Obama because of his skin color, and people who said they were voting for McCain were called racist. And the day after he won everyone was cheering that he was the first black president. Who cares that he's black. Pay absolute zero mind to color when it comes to such important positions.

Here are some articles about the sexism agenda. Plz2read.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/26/Liberal-Friends-and-Relatives-If-You-Fall-for-Obama-s-Romney-Hates-Women-Crap-Don-t-Complain
www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/25/HBO-star-ad-Obama-voting-first-time-sex
Nov 4, 2012 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
glitchhunter said:
Yes, I remember seeing on forums and such that people were saying you should vote for Obama because of his skin color, and people who said they were voting for McCain were called racist. And the day after he won everyone was cheering that he was the first black president. Who cares that he's black. Pay absolute zero mind to color when it comes to such important positions.

Here are some articles about the sexism agenda. Plz2read.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/26/Liberal-Friends-and-Relatives-If-You-Fall-for-Obama-s-Romney-Hates-Women-Crap-Don-t-Complain
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/25/HBO-star-ad-Obama-voting-first-time-sex

>breitbart.com

Well that explains your misguided ideas.
Nov 4, 2012 8:57 PM

Jun 2008
^LOL, you're using Breitbart.com for your arguments?

You might as well use Fox News as well.

Now I understand.
Nov 4, 2012 8:58 PM

Oct 2012
Alcarran said:
glitchhunter said:
vbyo said:
glitchhunter said:
Zatoichi said:
glitchhunter said:
Hitchens said:
glitchhunter said:

'Or so I've heard'.

right?

Don't vote based on ANY color. Party affiliation included, just look at the bloody policies.

I don't even care about ur president haha it has no effect on me at all, was just messing around.

You are right, you shouldn't vote just because of skin colour, so you shouldn't vote because of religious views either.
Nov 4, 2012 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
Not only that, but the rest of her opinion is based off of what some dudes said on a forum, lol.
JoshNov 4, 2012 9:06 PM
LoneWolf said:
Nov 4, 2012 9:03 PM

Mar 2009
*sigh*

Critising the source, rather than the argument.

Now I remember why I stopped arguing on the internet. It's always the same thing. You probably didn't even read it.

I'm out of here. Such a waste of my time.
Nov 4, 2012 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
vbyo said:
You are right, you shouldn't vote just because of skin colour, so you shouldn't vote because of religious views either.

Wrong, alarm bells should be going off in your head. These are two totally different and non-comparable things. Skin colour implies nothing about someone's ability to be president, while religion potentially does. Whether, or not, religion should matter is up for debate, but it cannot be compared to a genetic feature.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 4, 2012 9:06 PM

Jul 2011
JustALEX said:
armeg said:
The problem is that the TPC said their entire study is incomplete because Romney refuses/hasn't released any details and just uses catch phrases for his tax plan. Thus definite numbers don't really exist.

But lets say I no longer would like to vote for Romney if I was a voter, why should I vote for Obama, why is his tax plan any better, and what has he done over the last 4 years to help the average Joe?

So basically you're voting for Romney, why exactly?

Let's forget about the economy for one second.

Romney wants to give MORE money to our Military and has no problems going to war against Iran.

In Social issues, Romney and the GOP are just HORRIBLE, completely insufferable.

He's got less experience than Obama, and in he keeps acting like a big man just because he claims to be a "successful businessman".

LOL, the U.S is NOT a business and you don't treat it as such.

So that only gives me reasons not to vote for republicans, which I could've come up with anyways. The question is why I shouldn't equally dislike democrats? They did help put one of those wars on our tab, and failed to do anything substantial except pass Obamacare when they held the congress and the white house for Obama's first two years?
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 4, 2012 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
glitchhunter said:
*sigh*

Critising the source, rather than the argument.

Now I remember why I stopped arguing on the internet. It's always the same thing. You probably didn't even read it.

I'm out of here. Such a waste of my time.

Because the source is propaganda trash, and the idea of a "sexism agenda" is too ridiculous for any sane person to take seriously. That's probably why you stopped arguing on the internet.
Nov 4, 2012 9:13 PM

Jun 2008
armeg said:
So that only gives me reasons not to vote for republicans, which I could've come up with anyways. The question is why I shouldn't equally dislike democrats? They did help put one of those wars on our tab, and failed to do anything substantial except pass Obamacare when they held the congress and the white house for Obama's first two years?

Fair enough.

You're right, I didn't give you reasons why to vote for Obama.

Unfortunately, there isn't that many reasons why you should vote for Obama.

I said it a few times before in this thread.

I'm voting for the "lesser of two evils".

Obama isn't great, but compared to Romney and the GOP, he's got my vote!

That's saying a lot.

Do I like this? NO.....but what could I do?

Throw away my vote on a third party?

I guess some of the few things I can say positive about Obama is that the economy is recovering (although rather slowly) and I'd rather see it go up slowly than try the nonsense "Trickle-down economics".

BTW....give me ANY reason why I should vote for Romney?
Jul 2012
For everyone saying america sucks and america is a bunch of a fat people..... If you live in america and talk about it this way, you don't deserve to be there and why are you using the english language if your from another country? If your from the UK, then why you dissing on one of your best allies when some terrorists decide to go COD MW3 end the world rampage.

Sep 2007
glitchhunter said:
And the day after he won everyone was cheering that he was the first black president. Who cares that he's black. Pay absolute zero mind to color when it comes to such important positions.

Take a look at America's history in the past 200 years and tell me what you see. I personally don't care if he's black or green, but being the first black president is a pretty big moment in American history. But I do agree that people should be voting based on policies, and not on race.
WasabiNov 4, 2012 9:17 PM
Nov 4, 2012 9:15 PM

Feb 2009
aerozero6969 said:
For everyone saying america sucks and america is a bunch of a fat people..... If you live in america and talk about it this way, you don't deserve to be there and why are you using the english language if your from another country? If your from the UK, then why you dissing on one of your best allies when some terrorists decide to go COD MW3 end the world rampage.

If you are from America, you are making us look bad STFU. Most people were joking in this thread.
Nov 4, 2012 9:19 PM

Jul 2011
JustALEX said:

Fair enough.

You're right, I didn't give you reasons why to vote for Obama.

Unfortunately, there isn't that many reasons why you should vote for Obama.

I said it a few times before in this thread.

I'm voting for the "lesser of two evils".

Obama isn't great, but compared to Romney and the GOP, he's got my vote!

That's saying a lot.

Do I like this? NO.....but what could I do?

Throw away my vote on a third party?

I guess some of the few things I can say positive about Obama is that the economy is recovering (although rather slowly) and I'd rather see it go up slowly than try the nonsense "Trickle-down economics".

BTW....give me ANY reason why I should vote for Romney?

I don't have a reason why you should vote for Romney, I simply brought up the point earlier because I wanted to see if you could pull out a source. At the same time though, I don't buy into the whole "lesser evil" thing, both parties are shit-tacular, and I just won't vote since the one candidate I would vote for has no chance of winning.

Actually, now that I think about it I would love a "I choose not to vote" option like there is in Nevada. I would show up just to mark that down.
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Nov 4, 2012 9:22 PM

Mar 2012
Why would you choose not to vote, when you can vote for the person whom most closely represents your views? Even given the fact that they have no chance of winning. I don't quite understand that.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 4, 2012 9:26 PM

Jun 2008
armeg said:
I don't buy into the whole "lesser evil" thing, both parties are shit-tacular,

I disagree.

The GOP IS worse....A LOT WORSE!

They are the party of the super rich, white and religious.

It's not surprising why the vast majority of minorities (Including women, gays and non-christians) vote for the democrats in overwhelming numbers.

IMO.....one is clearly a much bigger turd.
Nov 4, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2011
Nordhau5 said:
Why would you choose not to vote, when you can vote for the person whom most closely represents your views? Even given the fact that they have no chance of winning. I don't quite understand that.

Because they have no chance of winning, plus a "I choose not to vote" option shows disagreement with the current system rather than your vote just getting lost in the 100,000 useless votes they get every election cycle in my state.

JustALEX said:
armeg said:
I don't buy into the whole "lesser evil" thing, both parties are shit-tacular,

I disagree.

The GOP IS worse....A LOT WORSE!

They are the party of the super rich, white and religious.

It's not surprising why the vast majority of minorities (Including women, gays and non-christians) vote for the democrats in overwhelming numbers.

IMO.....one is clearly a much bigger turd.

I guess we can agree to disagree then.
armegNov 4, 2012 9:30 PM
Slyr3do0n said:
Nov 4, 2012 9:33 PM

Aug 2012
aerozero6969 said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i personally don't dislike americans, but i'm sure your the reason a lot of people don't :p
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Nov 4, 2012 9:34 PM

Mar 2012
You aren't accounting for other people, armeg. Suppose one million people support someone, but none of them vote for him/her, because they have no chance of winning. What do the results suggest? That zero people support said candidate and that the candidate's views represent no one.

That's obviously an extreme example, but the logic holds in reality. Not voting for someone who you wish to represent you reduces the validity of the results.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 4, 2012 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
armeg said:
I guess we can agree to disagree then.

I can agree to that :-)
Nov 4, 2012 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
aerozero6969 said:

so nobody should criticize their own country? lol, why not? sorry, but i quite like America and since i care so much about it and my life here, of course i'm going to voice what I think needs some critique.

And there just happens to be a lot to criticize.
Nov 4, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2012
U.S - The world leader of Guns and Violence. Oh and Hypocrite too.
Nov 4, 2012 9:58 PM

Feb 2009
Cresando said:

That is a bit of a generalization if I ever saw one.
Nov 4, 2012 10:01 PM

Aug 2012
Cresando said:

كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 4, 2012 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
Cresando said:

Go back to Code Geass, Zero
The Art of Eight
Nov 4, 2012 10:17 PM

Jun 2011
Even though I'm Australian, I have found interest in the current elections over at America. But unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it. lol.
Nov 4, 2012 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
Nordhau5 said:
You aren't accounting for other people, armeg. Suppose one million people support someone, but none of them vote for him/her, because they have no chance of winning. What do the results suggest? That zero people support said candidate and that the candidate's views represent no one.

That's obviously an extreme example, but the logic holds in reality. Not voting for someone who you wish to represent you reduces the validity of the results.

What you're referring to is the spoiler effect, it's a serious problem with the first past the post system which the US uses a variant of.
Slyr3do0n said:
Nov 4, 2012 10:51 PM

Jan 2008
Hey Alex, I thought you said that you were going to stay away from political threads?

I can't wait for these elections to be over. I'm sick of all these commercial they're running here in Ohio.
Nov 4, 2012 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Hey Alex, I thought you said that you were going to stay away from political threads?

As long as I make the thread and I discuss what I deem to be "safe", it's fair game.

Besides, this election is on EVERYONE'S minds, you can't escape it, I was bound to talk about it regardless who made the thread.

Gunbladewarrior said:
I can't wait for these elections to be over. I'm sick of all these commercial they're running here in Ohio.

You're in (arguably) the most IMPORTANT state in the union.

The whole nation will be awaiting how Ohio goes.

I just hope it doesn't turn into 2000 Florida.....I was only 12 years old when it happened, but it was a circus!
Nov 5, 2012 5:49 AM

Jun 2010
glitchhunter said:
Zatoichi said:
glitchhunter said:
Hitchens said:
glitchhunter said:

'Or so I've heard'.

Oh, but you misunderstand. I meant that since you're female, you should vote for the black guy.
Nov 5, 2012 6:06 AM

Sep 2010
i dont even care for the voting in my own country, why would i care for yours?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 6:08 AM

Sep 2011
If you don't vote then that gives you the right to complain no matter who gets elected. Alternatively we all the Raza Unida Party
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 5, 2012 6:09 AM

Sep 2010
JennyEsquire said:
If you don't vote then that gives you the right to complain no matter who gets elected. Alternatively we all the Raza Unida Party

technically if you dont vote you dont have any right to complain, cause you didnt vote.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 6:30 AM

Sep 2009
Leonard93 said:
JennyEsquire said:

technically if you dont vote you dont have any right to complain, cause you didnt vote.

Why would you want to give your support to a government which you do not agree with?
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Nov 5, 2012 6:40 AM

Sep 2010
AnnoKano said:
Leonard93 said:
JennyEsquire said:

Why would you want to give your support to a government which you do not agree with?

Thats why you vote, if every voting option available is against your beliefs idunno anymore.
Nov 5, 2012 6:59 AM

Sep 2011
Leonard93 said:
JennyEsquire said:

That's some dumb shit right there

Nov 5, 2012 7:01 AM

Mar 2012
icame said:
+ MOST KNOWN.

Erm...what?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Nov 5, 2012 7:06 AM

Dec 2011
To be honest, as long as the winner isn't some war-crazed lunatic like Bush the Second, I don't think the rest of the world is really all that fussed about who is president of the USA.

Sure it influences us, but there are other countries whose elections have far more impact on our lives than the ones in America do.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 5, 2012 7:10 AM

Sep 2010
JennyEsquire said:
Leonard93 said:
JennyEsquire said:

damn, the amount of retard in you is just over the top ><
Nov 5, 2012 7:16 AM

Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
To be honest, as long as the winner isn't some war-crazed lunatic like Bush the Second, I don't think the rest of the world is really all that fussed about who is president of the USA.

Sure it influences us, but there are other countries whose elections have far more impact on our lives than the ones in America do.

It's not Bush who choose to go to War, it was his party.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Nov 5, 2012 7:23 AM

Jun 2012
The thought of Romney running this country scares the shit out of me.
Nov 5, 2012 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
Leonard93 said:
JennyEsquire said:
Leonard93 said:
JennyEsquire said:

damn, the amount of retard in you is just over the top ><

I think your last brain cell just left. Of course I have a right to complain about someone who I didn't vote for if they get into power and do a bad job

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.