Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2012 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

More Hakuei Ren this episode. Holy shit, she is brave getting some blood spilled and using that fan to deflect those arrows. What a boss. I'm also glad to see Baba-sama a little more this episode as well, even for just a bit.

A female genie also appears and wow, just wow. Anyways, nice episode.

Stark700Nov 4, 2012 6:51 PM
Nov 4, 2012 1:13 AM
Aug 2011
I'm just awed that Paimon was shown in her full glory.

I was really expecting the animators to find their ways around her.

Lovely Morgiana is up next with some of her story.
Can't wait until we have our trio back together out and about. Gonna be great.
standNov 4, 2012 5:16 PM
Nov 4, 2012 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
I am surprised that given the 5pm time slot this is not censored. Why do they censor ToLoveRu Darkness then??
NSFM:

Mod Edit: NSFM spoiler.
LunaNov 16, 2012 9:26 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2012 1:33 AM

Oct 2010
WOW. No censor. How.the.fuck did they do that? Only 5 episodes in, and Magi suddenly becomes mature.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 4, 2012 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
LOL I can't believe they managed to show Paimon without any censors, maybe they got away with it cause she's blue LMAO.

This was a pretty good episode and I really liked Hakuei's Djinn equip

and Hakuryuu makes his debut

One thing that really annoyed me though,
Num1dad_AsuraNov 4, 2012 2:36 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Nov 4, 2012 2:43 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
I am surprised that given the 5pm time slot this is not censored. Why do they censor ToLoveRu Darkness then??
NSFM:
Don't know why you're comparing these 2, but apparently TLR is ecchi and that's its selling point, while Magi has only this one scene in the whole manga, though I'm also surprised they didn't censor it.

The Djinn Equip here makes more sense than what happened in the manga (wind covered Hakuei and started killing the people), I'm guessing Shinobu didn't think of Djinn Equip at that point. Good to see the additional scenes for Hakuryuu and Judal too.

Morgiana next week!
LunaNov 16, 2012 9:28 AM
Nov 4, 2012 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
Don't know why you're comparing these 2, but apparently TLR is ecchi and that's its selling point, while Magi has only this one scene in the whole manga, though I'm also surprised they didn't censor it.

Why? Because TLR is aired in midnight but yet it is censored. Magi is aired in the afternoon and yet it is not. And I am talking about the nipples scene in both anime.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2012 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
Candor said:

The Djinn Equip here makes more sense than what happened in the manga (wind covered Hakuei and started killing the people), I'm guessing Shinobu didn't think of Djinn Equip at that point. Good to see the additional scenes for Hakuryuu and Judal too.

But the wind covered her here in the anime too and she attacked with it during the arrow stopping scene.
Num1dad_AsuraNov 4, 2012 3:02 AM
[/url]
Nov 4, 2012 2:59 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
Candor said:

Why? Because TLR is aired in midnight but yet it is censored. Magi is aired in the afternoon and yet it is not. And I am talking about the nipples scene in both anime.
My point is that people are gonna buy TLR for the nipples and the uncensored version, thus more profit since from what I've read lots of people dropped TLR because of the censoring, while no one is buying Magi for the (blue) nipples that appear only in this episode, it's the studio's strategy to get more profit as I said, I think you know about these stuff, don't you?

Num1dad_Asura said:
Candor said:

But the wind covered her here in the anime too and she attacked with it during the arrow stopping scene.
If you imagine that panel with Hakuei dressed in the Djinn Equip I don't think it'd make much difference. Either way, it's the author's idea, that's why I'm saying it's probably that she didn't think of this concept at that point.
Nov 4, 2012 3:03 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
symbv said:
Candor said:

My point is that people are gonna buy TLR for the nipples and the uncensored version, thus more profit since from what I've read lots of people dropped TLR because of the censoring, while no one is buying Magi for the (blue) nipples that appear only in this episode, it's the studio's strategy to get more profit as I said, I think you know about these stuff, don't you?
True, but my point is that profit motive is not the only reason of censorship. TLR may not be the best example, but in anime that is less of a full-out fanservice anime like TLR, nipples still get censored, even though it is a midnight anime. So my point is that an afternoon anime like Magi gets passed the censor is startling and my comparison is between censorship for midnight anime and afternoon anime in general.
symbvNov 4, 2012 3:15 AM

Nov 4, 2012 3:04 AM

Jul 2010
lol, I was not expecting to see nipples. Maybe some blank boobs at most.

Anyways, nice episode all around. Looking forward to Morgiana next week.
Nov 4, 2012 3:04 AM

Jul 2012
Candor said:

Num1dad_AsuraNov 4, 2012 3:13 AM
[/url]
Nov 4, 2012 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
This episode just prompts me to think...

Wouldn't it be great if this could happen in real history? Like, if a Hakuei could have existed in America and a Baba-sama could have existed in the native Indians...

Nov 4, 2012 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
I know PAIMON is part of the western demonology. Yet in Japan among Maki fans, Paimon is known as:

Nov 4, 2012 5:33 AM

Jan 2011
I thought they should re-design her outfit a bit by covering her chest.
Nov 4, 2012 5:48 AM

Oct 2010
I will say that Ren in the following,

impressed the most of the episode. Her feelings, struggles and action were amazing there. Not only that but the dress reveals more of body, essentially revealing a decently sized bust and its sides when she jumps into the wind.
symbv said:
I am surprised that given the 5pm time slot this is not censored. Why do they censor ToLoveRu Darkness then?? (NSFW)
I usually did not comment in a while and am following this series but can I know WTF IS UP WITH THE NIPPLES ON THAT THING? Seriously I can take loads of this but what's the point of making a Djinn’s with nipples being pierced and showing and of all things at that time slot. Only reason no one cares yet is that the erotic object is not human but that does not matter. Watch, someone is going to write a complaint letter and more shit will happen aka "Mommy why are there nipples on her?" and then mother writes and complaints and more shit happens.

Someone is going to write again something I am sure.

Regardless series is still love due to Morgiana and her role. That's all

BTW is this a once time thing or more will come of this? I wonder that's all.

Image Stitches and some GIFs were done in the BLOG (NSFW):due to the nipples part.
Yumekichi11Nov 4, 2012 7:02 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 4, 2012 6:03 AM
Oct 2011
Num1dad_Asura said:
Candor said:

Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
NSFM:
I usually did not comment in a while and am following this series but can I know WTF IS UP WITH THE NIPPLES ON THAT THING? Seriously I can take loads of this but what's the point of making a Djinn’s with nipples being pierced and showing and of all things at that time slot. Only reason no one cares yet is that the erotic object is not human but that does not matter. Watch, someone is going to write a complaint letter and more shit will happen aka "Mommy why are there nipples on her?" and then mother writes and complaints and more shit happens.

I can see those complaint letters/calls coming lol. That's the only scene like that in the manga. There's another nipple scene in the recent chapters but not the whole nipples were shown, stripes came in the way, and it happened in 1 panel only, it can be easily censored and it'll 99% be censored if the anime reached that part, but something like this episode then no, it's a one time thing.
LunaNov 16, 2012 9:27 AM
Nov 4, 2012 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
Candor said:
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
I am surprised that given the 5pm time slot this is not censored. Why do they censor ToLoveRu Darkness then?? (NSFW)

I can see those complaint letters/calls coming lol. That's the only scene like that in the manga. There's another nipple scene in the recent chapters but not the whole nipples were shown, stripes came in the way, and it happened in 1 panel only, it can be easily censored and it'll 99% be censored if the anime reached that part, but something like this episode then no, it's a one time thing.
Well at least (NSFW):
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/jyj64y_zps2843f344.gif
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2037/yjtjhrt_zps7bc629fa.gif
it looks cute after I had some work done but yeah the nipples will get mothers angry TBH.

Also thanks for the info. I wanted to get mentally prepared for stuff like that, although I somehow did already :P Japanese friend informed me of the manga part being that.
Yumekichi11Nov 4, 2012 6:52 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 4, 2012 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
By the way I read in Japanese forum that in manga Hakuei did not transform herself to fight the bad general? Is it true?

Nov 4, 2012 7:07 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
By the way I read in Japanese forum that in manga Hakuei did not transform herself to fight the bad general? Is it true?
Yes, though in the manga Hakuei's attacks were somehow the same as in the anime, the author just made her an outfit like
in the future arcs.
Candor123Nov 4, 2012 7:14 AM
Nov 4, 2012 7:11 AM

May 2011
This episode really surprised me, when I heard about Hakuei's djinn equip I was sure they were just going to change Paimon's scenes completely, if not write her out completely. The animation for the fight was stunning too, and the pacing was much better. I now have hope for a quality adaption from here on out.
Nov 4, 2012 7:35 AM

May 2008
Wow, I also thought that they would censor Paimon or even wouldn't even show her but here she is in her actual outfit. Her interaction with Ugo-kun was so funny, I wanted to see it animated xD
I loved the fight scene and all but I didn't really liked Hakuei's djinn equip form. I think it doesn't suits her character, but well...

I'm so glad they showed Hakuryuu and there was more Judal too :D I can't wait for the next episode with Morgiana as the lead :D
Nov 4, 2012 8:10 AM
Jul 2009
symbv said:

It's true, in the manga she just uses the power of the metal vessel to form a tornado without transforming. She does the same in the anime but with the transformation (full body djinn equip).

Her transformation is canon though, since it was designed by the mangaka herself.
1idd0kunNov 4, 2012 8:15 AM
Nov 4, 2012 9:21 AM

May 2008
Btw, Paimon had Ohara Sayaka's voice, right? It's so fitting :D
Nov 4, 2012 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NSFM:

TLR is made to sell BDs. Magi is not. A lot of the time censorship isn't for actual censoring, it's for getting otaku to buy BDs.

And it's just boobs guys, nothing to get worked up over. Japan isn't hung up on this stuff like America is with their kid cartoons. So this stuff in kids shows is A-OK. Just look at Doraemon.
LunaNov 16, 2012 9:30 AM
Nov 4, 2012 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Kirikizan said:
TLR is made to sell BDs. Magi is not. A lot of the time censorship isn't for actual censoring, it's for getting otaku to buy BDs.
True, but my point is that profit motive is not the only reason of censorship. TLR may not be the best example, but in anime that is less of a full-out fanservice anime like TLR, nipples still get censored, even though it is a midnight anime. So my point is that an afternoon anime like Magi gets passed the censor is startling and my comparison is between censorship for midnight anime and afternoon anime in general.

Nov 4, 2012 11:55 AM

May 2011
I honestly don't understand what the issue is. "Oh she has nipples so offensive!" Who cares? It's not like it's shown suggestively, and even if there are children watching, everyone has them.
Nov 4, 2012 1:13 PM

May 2011
One blow one kill.

That female genie kinda interesting there.
Nov 4, 2012 1:22 PM
Jan 2012
They managed to show Paimon's titties, cool.

Morgiana's arc next week, can't wait.

Nov 4, 2012 1:37 PM
May 2012
lol everyone is excited about some exposed tits...
IMO they were covered enough not to censor them x)
Nov 4, 2012 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
I don't care if Paimon is a genie or w/e she could get it lol.
It was sad about the grandma dying though.
Nov 4, 2012 2:52 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Interesting episode - I liked it fairly well except in the scene where Paimon was talking to Aladdin the switching between the two locations (to that palace location) was rather awkward and unhelpful.
Nov 4, 2012 2:55 PM

Mar 2012
I hope the evil general died. I can't wait for the next episode. It looks intresting. I hope it is a chance meeting between aladdin and the red haired girl
Nov 4, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome episode.Nice boobies ofc.Oh, and Ryosai is a fucking bastard (couldnt hold out).I hope he felt much pain before death.Thats all he deserves.
HELL YES! Morgiana arc next week :33 cant wait.My fav character so far.

5/5 why anime episodes are only 20min long eh.
Nov 4, 2012 3:13 PM
Sep 2012
LOL boobies. Never expected that in this anime not to mention that the princess was kinda hot when she transformed.
Nov 4, 2012 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
Well the female Djinn surprised me.

Overall good episode. Go forth, Aladdin!
Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Sep 2012
I liked Ren. Hope she shows up moar.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Nov 4, 2012 3:38 PM

Feb 2010
Best episode so far. Nothing feels rushed. And the mangaka did a good job with creating Hakuei's Djinn equip.

Also thought Aladdin's Halharl Infigar attack was nicely done (I actually really like how Aladdin said it here) :D And gotta love that moment when Ugo just slapped Ryosai hehe...

Like everyone else said, I was expecting some sort of censoring for Paimon as well. The "conversation" between Paimon and Ugo was...cute xD

Also, Judal! And Hakuryuu <3

4/5

And can't wait for next episode (Morgiana 8D)!
Nov 4, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
This is just such a kickass anime. I'm excited to see how it turns out. The Ren family is really intriguing; hope we see more of that little brother.
Nov 4, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
This was a really good episode, and a very satisfying conclusion to this arc. The pacing throughout was excellent, as it handled the dramatic tension and action sequences in a very engaging, enjoyable manner, while also introducing a new character and providing some slight character development for Aladdin.

Baba's temporary survival following the end to the last episode was unexpected, but it was nice for her to be involved for a short while longer, since her interactions with Aladdin were great. As such, following her actual death, Aladdin's conversation with Baba's spectral form was an exceptionally beautiful moment, elevated even further by the accompanying music, as she provides Aladdin with some insightful wisdom pertaining to his search for the true meaning of his existence.

Hakuryuu's introduction was rather compelling, and it will be interesting to see what role he eventually plays in the story. Hakuei was terrific throughout, as she's a highly intriguing character. Her djinn equip was a fantastic moment and very effectively illustrated. I also quite liked Paimon in her brief, and surprisingly uncensored, appearance, particularly her amusing interaction with Ugo.

The production values remain quite impressive, particularly the animation. As such, the action sequence was quite intense and superbly animated. The music was, for the most part, terrific, especially the selection used as Aladdin and Ugo attack Ryosai's army and save Hakuei. There was, however, an occasional selection, particularly during a portion of the action sequences, that was rather mediocre and somewhat distracting.

All in all, Magi improved immensely with this arc, and, hopefully, it continues to thoroughly impress, since the characters and story are highly enjoyable so far. The portrayal of the arabian setting is one of the strongest, most consistent elements of the show, as it skilfully illuminates a refreshingly adventurous atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to the next episode, since it appears to be an arc that will focus on Morgiana, which is great, since, so far, she's been one of the most interesting, yet relatively unknown, characters.
Nov 4, 2012 4:06 PM

Jan 2012
Ugo is one handsome chap
Nov 4, 2012 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
Damn dat Ugo getting in there and smacking n' slapping people at random, that general deserved it tho, but those warriors :(

Anyway great episode, can't wait for next one and Morgiana, love that girl :O
Nov 4, 2012 4:17 PM

Feb 2011
Another great episode. I was happy to see Judal make another appearance and to see Hakuryuu, I had a feeling last week they would include that scene, although I wish it were a little longer.

Can't wait for Mor's arc next week! :D
Nov 4, 2012 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
A solid conclusion to this arc. Glad that guy got smacked by Ugo. He really needed to chill out. Surprised it's not censored but whatever. Awesome episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 4, 2012 5:32 PM
Oct 2010
Surprised this wasn't censored lmao. Show is great so far though.
Nov 4, 2012 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
Damn.. that Djinn equip of Hakuei was HOT! The Djinn is also, of course. R.I.P Baba, I'll never forget your words of wisdom. T^T
Next episode is when Morgiana meets up with the Fanalis clan, eh? Time to see her kick some major ass against the slave drivers.
Nov 4, 2012 6:51 PM

Jul 2010
It was cool seeing the dginn more. It can't believe where gonna see sinbad and cassim soon omfg. I would have thought at least by episode 10 we would see them. It's good the pacing is getting better.
Nov 4, 2012 8:29 PM

Aug 2012
LOL WTF, did aladin just killed all those people ? XD XD

Cant wait for the next episode
Nov 4, 2012 9:25 PM

Oct 2011
Awwww why did she have to die :<
Nov 4, 2012 10:48 PM

May 2012
Ahhh Good episode. Needs more Alibaba and Morgiana thought.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.