Forum Settings
Forums

Mercilessly violent/gory anime with good plot that I haven't seen?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Nov 8, 2012 7:44 AM

Meri said:
Dear OP

I dont think you really like anime.
Try some TV shows, like Dexter, Wire or CSI.

Best,
Meri

Meri said:
Just looking at your dropped list proves otherwise.
You dropped Ghost in the Shell, and that is like the "plotiest" anime ever.
You are very exclusive and jump to conclusions so fast. Clearly the anime medium isn't for you.

Agreed.

Nov 8, 2012 9:14 AM
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Is not violent.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
Shigurui (I haven't actually watched more than part of the beginning episode; but the art is good and there is plenty of violence/gore)

Nov 8, 2012 4:00 PM
Windbound said:
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Is not violent.

Shigurui (I haven't actually watched more than part of the beginning episode; but the art is good and there is plenty of violence/gore)
Yeah, I watched Shigurui. I didn't think the plot was good.

Nov 8, 2012 6:49 PM

Hellsing Ultimate
Kurozuka

Nov 9, 2012 1:32 PM
Tartarus88 said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Kurozuka
I already dropped Hellsing and Kurozuka is on mt PTW.

Nov 9, 2012 1:43 PM
DrunkenBlowfish said:

and the Kara no Kyoukai movies

Evangelion OVAs and this is my opinion.
Modified by GD1551, Nov 9, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 9, 2012 3:26 PM
skudoops said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

yeah, DrunkenBlowfish's recs are good. i'm watching karano kyoukai right now, and it's rly good.

As for evangelion, idk i prolly won't watch any of the ova's I'd have to watch the whole series to understand what's going on and the series is old.

Nov 9, 2012 4:17 PM

stanklem28 said:
skudoops said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

yeah, DrunkenBlowfish's recs are good. i'm watching karano kyoukai right now, and it's rly good.

As for evangelion, idk i prolly won't watch any of the ova's I'd have to watch the whole series to understand what's going on and the series is old.

Actually, the new movies are different from the series, so you don't need to watch the series to understand what's happening. One is pretty much summarizes the beginning of the series and then the stories start to diverge in the second movie.
Modified by LittleCaesars, Nov 9, 2012 4:21 PM

Nov 9, 2012 10:39 PM
DrunkenBlowfish said:
stanklem28 said:
skudoops said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

Actually, the new movies are different from the series, so you don't need to watch the series to understand what's happening. One is pretty much summarizes the beginning of the series and then the stories start to diverge in the second movie.
That's good. But the OVA's haven't finished yet. They're still releasing more up into 2013, and maybe 2014?

Nov 10, 2012 10:21 AM

It seems that you know almost every gory anime. The only ones that come to my mind that are not already on your list are:

1. The new Berserk Movie ( quite good ) : http://myanimelist.net/anime/10218/Berserk_Ougon_Jidaihen_I:_Haou_no_Tamago

2. The second episode of Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse , but this anime is really bad.

3. Hundred Stories : http://myanimelist.net/anime/279/Hundred_Stories , some old school gore scenes but again not that good.

Nov 11, 2012 10:54 AM
DrunkenBlowfish said:
the Kara no Kyoukai movies
I didn't expect much from Kara no Kyoukai because first one was ok, second one was meh, third one was "OH SNAP!", and the forth one was mehhhh. But, the fifth one was "HOLY SHIT!"

I've just added a 10 to my anime list in what seems like a decade. It sucks because I don't like stuff that have prequel/sequel on my list getting 10's, but the fifth movie was too good. It made me cry (not teary-eyed of course, but I cried in the inside), it made me cringe, it made me ANGRY!, it made me think, and it made me excited (because of those 60 frames per second flashy fight scenes. Damn, does she have to wear a god-damn kimono with military boots to fight? So out of style for fight scenes...). Overall, it made he orgasmed...

mariko091 said:
It seems that you know almost every gory anime.
You can't be serious...you mustn't be serious. As I've stated, I just saw Kara no Kyoukai. It was bloody (not massively bloody, but bloody nonetheless) and it had good plot (only the fifth and third movies).

Nov 11, 2012 11:16 AM

stanklem28 said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:
I didn't expect much from Kara no Kyoukai because first one was ok, second one was meh, third one was "OH SNAP!", and the forth one was mehhhh. But, the fifth one was "HOLY SHIT!"

I've just added a 10 to my anime list in what seems like a decade. It sucks because I don't like stuff that have prequel/sequel on my list getting 10's, but the fifth movie was too good. It made me cry (not teary-eyed of course, but I cried in the inside), it made me cringe, it made me ANGRY!, it made me think, and it made me excited (because of those 60 frames per second flashy fight scenes. Damn, does she have to wear a god-damn kimono with military boots to fight? So out of style for fight scenes...). Overall, it made he orgasmed...

Glad to hear it.

Nov 11, 2012 6:59 PM
So, anymore good stuff?

Nov 11, 2012 8:00 PM
stanklem28 said:
So, anymore good stuff?

What we've been trying to tell you for a long time now, Texhnolyze

Here's an AMV of the series:

Modified by removed-user, Nov 11, 2012 8:04 PM

Nov 11, 2012 8:35 PM
Neane1993 said:
stanklem28 said:
So, anymore good stuff?

Yeah, i watched the first episode and there was no talking and everything was so weirddddd. It felt like I smoked 20 joints of weed after having done LSD and drinking 10 shots of vodka. It's like a giant hallucination. Is it gonna continue like that? A hallucinating film with gore? Because hallucination = bad plot (because you end up saying WTF 100% of the time).

Nov 11, 2012 8:38 PM

stanklem28 said:
Neane1993 said:
stanklem28 said:
So, anymore good stuff?

Yeah, i watched the first episode and there was no talking and everything was so weirddddd. It felt like I smoked 20 joints of weed after having done LSD and drinking 10 shots of vodka. It's like a giant hallucination. Is it gonna continue like that? A hallucinating film with gore? Because hallucination = bad plot (because you end up saying WTF 100% of the time).

Its a really weir anime. If nothing else it is at least unique, and incredibly quiet.

Nov 11, 2012 8:42 PM

Windbound said:
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Is not violent

Apparently blowing people up into a bloody mess isn't violent. I think you need to reconsider what the term "violent" means.

And yeah, Texhnolyze starts off really fucking weird, but I suppose it builds on that. It does have the violence and stuff but I'm guessing that weird atmosphere it gives off isn't something you're exactly looking for.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Nov 11, 2012 8:49 PM
stanklem28 said:
Neane1993 said:
stanklem28 said:
So, anymore good stuff?

I can understand the sentiments.

The first episode is like a litmus test for the viewer. It is so stark and minimalistic in its approach that it is like the creators deliberately went out of their way to weed out the impatient and easily distracted members of the audience, so they were left with only the people they wanted to "talk" to.

I have yet to encounter a person who did not love it after they watched the first 3 episodes. However, if you don't like slow anime, you can just skip to episode 12 (AKA: The moment when shit really hits the fan.) and watch it from there.
Modified by removed-user, Nov 11, 2012 8:55 PM

Nov 11, 2012 9:36 PM

Kara no Kyoukai 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 (yes the odds number)
and well...I'm hooked with Psycho Pass recently.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com

Nov 13, 2012 12:36 PM
WorldInverse said:
Kara no Kyoukai 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 (yes the odds number)
and well...I'm hooked with Psycho Pass recently.
Only 3 and 5 were good. The rest is mediocre plot. I think 5 has the goriest and most mindfucking scenes. With 6 being the most moe-filled vomit-inducing piece of crap I've seen from the series.

Neane1993 said:
stanklem28 said:
Neane1993 said:
stanklem28 said:
So, anymore good stuff?

I can understand the sentiments.

The first episode is like a litmus test for the viewer. It is so stark and minimalistic in its approach that it is like the creators deliberately went out of their way to weed out the impatient and easily distracted members of the audience, so they were left with only the people they wanted to "talk" to.

I have yet to encounter a person who did not love it after they watched the first 3 episodes. However, if you don't like slow anime, you can just skip to episode 12 (AKA: The moment when shit really hits the fan.) and watch it from there.
Alright, thx for letting me know that shit starts happening at episode 12. I bet I wouldn't be able to take the mime shit for 11 episodes.

Ragix said:
Windbound said:
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Is not violent

Apparently blowing people up into a bloody mess isn't violent. I think you need to reconsider what the term "violent" means.
Oh rly? sounds pretty violent. But the question is, is the plot good?

Nov 13, 2012 8:31 PM

stanklem28 said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

mariko091 said:
You can't be serious...you mustn't be serious. As I've stated, I just saw Kara no Kyoukai. It was bloody (not massively bloody, but bloody nonetheless) and it had good plot (only the fifth and third movies).

I agree, just watched Kara No Kyoukai. Unfortunately the only movie of the seven I liked was 5, but it would have been waaay better if
Other than that I guess the music was decent.

Nov 13, 2012 9:15 PM
stanklem28 said:
Only 3 and 5 were good. The rest is mediocre plot. I think 5 has the goriest and most mindfucking scenes. With 6 being the most moe-filled vomit-inducing piece of crap I've seen from the series.

I'm surprised you didn't like 7, it was pretty messed up. I liked all except 6, seriously where the hell did that come from? But I can agree with one and two being especially slow, 3/5 being the best ones but I thought 2/7 (they link with each other) were pretty well done as well.

Nov 13, 2012 9:27 PM
skudoops said:
stanklem28 said:

I'm surprised you didn't like 7, it was pretty messed up. I liked all except 6, seriously where the hell did that come from? But I can agree with one and two being especially slow, 3/5 being the best ones but I thought 2/7 (they link with each other) were pretty well done as well.

BTBAM said:
stanklem28 said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

mariko091 said:

I agree, just watched Kara No Kyoukai. Unfortunately the only movie of the seven I liked was 5, but it would have been waaay better if
Other than that I guess the music was decent.

Nov 14, 2012 10:26 AM

I forgot about Umineko no Naku Koro ni , if you liked Higurashi you will also like that one, and its pretty violent too.

Nov 14, 2012 6:57 PM
Katanagatari.

Although its setting is in historical Japan and the drawing style may irk you in the beginning, the plot is very good.

I wouldn't say this is mercilessly violent, but there are some very bothersome, quirky graphic scenes, both explicit and implied.

But I definitely recommend this to you if you're looking for an anime that is a bit dark and complex

Nov 15, 2012 9:36 AM
ImagineWild00 said:
Katanagatari.

Although its setting is in historical Japan and the drawing style may irk you in the beginning, the plot is very good.

I wouldn't say this is mercilessly violent, but there are some very bothersome, quirky graphic scenes, both explicit and implied.

But I definitely recommend this to you if you're looking for an anime that is a bit dark and complex
Dropped katanagatari for crappy art and comedy moments at the beginning. Couldn't take it...

mariko091 said:
I forgot about Umineko no Naku Koro ni , if you liked Higurashi you will also like that one, and its pretty violent too.
Umineko doesn't feel like it's Higurashi one bit. It's just got similar names. Umineko has magic and voodoo and stuff, which is why I've been trying to avoid it all this time.

Nov 15, 2012 12:43 PM

Watch Tsuiokuhen already.

Art isn't that new, but it's good. Gore all around. Good soundtracks. Good plot.

Nov 15, 2012 7:21 PM
Jaapsneep said:

Art isn't that new, but it's good. Gore all around. Good soundtracks. Good plot.
I'll get to that.

But I just "finished" Umineko and it SUCKED. Well, I actually watched the first 5 episodes, and it got so stupid that I went on Wikipedia and read the episode synopses and found out that it got even STUPIDER! Wikipedia really saves the day on long, boring, shitty anime. Woot woot hoorah to wikipedia! It's like the authors of Higurashi liked their idea of time loops and used it a gain but now with an extra magical touch and extra extra stupidity and magical-girl BS.

Nov 15, 2012 7:36 PM

Just popped in to see whats up and maybe make a rec after seeing this has gotten so many responses and... Well asking for a gory anime that has to have good art is just... When I read the OP no offense I was just like >.>

I can see that plot comes secondary to gore (monster given 7 and Another given 9 is just...) however lemme break down probably a very simple explanation to your dilemma.

Times have changed, this whole "Moe" art style that people love so much comes at a price... Also you can't put some Rated R, gory as fuck anime on prime time TV... Nobody is going to adapt a shounen manga that is gory if the plot is sub-par just so they can get a few anime with good art and are gory on TV where only a handful of people are going to watch it. If you want good art and be gory READ MANGA... Manga is alot less censored so you can find manga like Aphorism for example... Long story short anime is the censored version of manga, don't expect alot of anime to skate pass the censorship and come out gory.

Nov 15, 2012 11:41 PM
Pirating_Ninja said:
I can see that plot comes secondary to gore (monster given 7 and Another given 9 is just...) however lemme break down probably a very simple explanation to your dilemma.
Nah, I just hate Batman characters that go out of their way to not kill a murderous villain. Damn stupid and unenjoyable, hence Monster gets a 7. Besides, Monster had no gore anyway (bullet wound...oh man that's gory...ewww [sarcasm if u didn't know]). Another actually TRIED to incorporate paranormal horror, and it's the only anime I've seen (with MODERN art) so far that has done that, so it deserves a 9 even though it has more plot holes in it than a wheel of Swiss cheese. Plus, Another has decent gore. At least more than Monster.

Pirating_Ninja said:
Times have changed, this whole "Moe" art style that people love so much comes at a price... Also you can't put some Rated R, gory as fuck anime on prime time TV... Nobody is going to adapt a shounen manga that is gory if the plot is sub-par just so they can get a few anime with good art and are gory on TV where only a handful of people are going to watch it. If you want good art and be gory READ MANGA... Manga is alot less censored so you can find manga like Aphorism for example... Long story short anime is the censored version of manga, don't expect alot of anime to skate pass the censorship and come out gory.
Yeah, that's unfortunate. Moe anime are so boring because they all end up being slice of life or comedy anime, two of my most hated genre.

As for manga, I know there's a lot of gory and disturbing stuff in it. In fact, I've been linked several slides from various manga on other forums when I was asking for gory anime. Manga's violent because it's dojinshi and it doesn't follow any guidelines. Dojin work can be done anyway the author wants. Some dojinshi authors want to create gory manga to see how far they can push the human mind to shock solely from the gory content. I have to hand it to them, these dojin authors do indeed shock me.

Here's a a gory manga slide that I was linked. IT IS NSFW. If you have a weak heart, just don't even click the spoiler tag.

The violent things they do in these manga are BEYOND my imagination. Some of these manga have the cruelist, most sadistic method of killing/torturing that rival sadism in torture methods employed during ancient Greece. All in all though, these manga have no story. They're all fascinating only in their sheer shocking content. And, I'm not rly that interested in reading manga.

Anyway, Hope there are more anime recs.
Modified by stanklem28, Nov 15, 2012 11:45 PM

Nov 16, 2012 2:37 AM

Try to watch

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

This anime is amazing ...I currently watching it and its really hard to continue to the next episode because every episode is intense.....

Nov 16, 2012 1:48 PM
Shinx233 said:
Try to watch

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

This anime is amazing ...I currently watching it and its really hard to continue to the next episode because every episode is intense.....
I watched Rainbow, it was pretty good. But it doesn't have a lot of violence, except that one time when that one dude's
or when Bro got

Nov 16, 2012 3:09 PM

Jaapsneep said:

LISTEN TO THIS MAN! He knows what he's talking about. One of my top 3 favorite anime ever watched. The best action, music, and dialogue I've ever seen in an anime, along with amazing plot. It also has good art for its time, is extremely gory, and is very realistic at least in the historical sense.

Other than that, dude, you need to let go of the art thing if you want to see some really good gory anime, so watch these as well:

Neon Genesis Evangelion- I kow you said you don't do mecha, but this is sooo much different that what you're thinking of. I HATE most mecha, hell I can only name 3 others I like (Code Geass, Rahxephon, Escaflowne), and only cause they're different from the mainstream. For example, I can't stand Gurren Lagann, Gundam, or Eureka Seven, cause they're all the frickin' same to me. But NGE isn't just about brainless mecha battling with insanely stupid weapons that take out whole armies in one blow in the middle of space, it has a lot more to it than that. Also, the mech battles they did have were so much more different and entertaining than you'd think. Different in that they can't frickin' fly for one, the battles are slowed down a little so you actually know what's going on, and all of the battles are so originally choreographed, it just seems so fresh. Trust me, give it a try.

Also try Berserk. Listen to these people. It's incredible.
Modified by BTBAM, Nov 16, 2012 3:25 PM

Nov 17, 2012 2:30 PM
BTBAM said:
Jaapsneep said:

LISTEN TO THIS MAN! He knows what he's talking about. One of my top 3 favorite anime ever watched. The best action, music, and dialogue I've ever seen in an anime, along with amazing plot. It also has good art for its time, is extremely gory, and is very realistic at least in the historical sense.
I'll get to it.

BTBAM said:
Jaapsneep said:
Other than that, dude, you need to let go of the art thing if you want to see some really good gory anime, so watch these as well:

Neon Genesis Evangelion- I kow you said you don't do mecha, but this is sooo much different that what you're thinking of. I HATE most mecha, hell I can only name 3 others I like (Code Geass, Rahxephon, Escaflowne), and only cause they're different from the mainstream. For example, I can't stand Gurren Lagann, Gundam, or Eureka Seven, cause they're all the frickin' same to me. But NGE isn't just about brainless mecha battling with insanely stupid weapons that take out whole armies in one blow in the middle of space, it has a lot more to it than that. Also, the mech battles they did have were so much more different and entertaining than you'd think. Different in that they can't frickin' fly for one, the battles are slowed down a little so you actually know what's going on, and all of the battles are so originally choreographed, it just seems so fresh. Trust me, give it a try.

Also try Berserk. Listen to these people. It's incredible.
I can't let go of the art thing. It's difficult. When I watch an anime with bad art, it makes me sick. It's like my eyes are constantly getting molested. I can't ignore the fact that I HATE old anime art. I've told myself I could, but in reality, I can not. It's like watching an anime while a dog furiously humps my leg and I try to ignore that dog. I just simply can not! Besides, bad art AND mecha = helllll no. Berserk and Evangelion have OVA's with new art coming out. They're still in the making, but I bet by the time they're all released, I would've forgotten about evangelion and berserk anyway. Shame really.

Neane1993 said:
Can someone PLEASE Explain to me what happens in the first 11 episodes? I can't find them on wikipedia damn it.
Modified by stanklem28, Nov 17, 2012 2:37 PM

Nov 17, 2012 4:11 PM
stanklem28 said:

High School of the Dead - not alot of disturbing gore, but really good plot.

I loved highschool of the dead, but tbh, the art and gore were decent, but the plot was just tits and guns. Not that that's a bad thing, but imo, i wouldn't say its a good plot.

Unfortunately, all my suggestions have already been said, but I'm now kinda confused on what you think a good plot is?

Edit: Can't remember seeing Baccano! there, but it probably was. Anyway, this really deserves a +1, it ticks all your boxes :D

Edit 2: Texhnolyze, one of the most grim and depressing anime out there :D
Modified by Noodsnoodle, Nov 17, 2012 4:17 PM

Nov 17, 2012 9:47 PM
Noodsnoodle said:
stanklem28 said:

High School of the Dead - not alot of disturbing gore, but really good plot.

I loved highschool of the dead, but tbh, the art and gore were decent, but the plot was just tits and guns. Not that that's a bad thing, but imo, i wouldn't say its a good plot.

Unfortunately, all my suggestions have already been said, but I'm now kinda confused on what you think a good plot is?

Edit: Can't remember seeing Baccano! there, but it probably was. Anyway, this really deserves a +1, it ticks all your boxes :D

Edit 2: Texhnolyze, one of the most grim and depressing anime out there :D
HoTD was good in that it was a zombie apocalypse film that focused on survival. No other zombie apocalypse film does the same thing except maybe Dawn of the Dead. Most zombie apocalypse films just feature infighting and/or stupid antagonists that think that it's the prime to revolutionize the human race and do some stupid shit, or stupid people that just get greedy and become resource hogs. It's not gratifying to see stupidity during moments desperation.

Read wikipedia summary for Texhnolyze and watched last episode. My thoughts: the author did a SHIT TON of marijuana while writing the plot for this anime. I bet He burnt through 40 kilograms of weed to write a piece of nonsensical crap like this. But I know that the author ran out of weed before he wrote the ending, because the ending does make SOME sense...I think.

June93 said:
Well, I can't say it's overly gory but I'd recommend NGE for it's greatness and Monster as well as it's a mature, engaging story.
Already saw Monster.

And there goes another evangelion rec. Damn it, it gives me a headache when i see evangelion recced to me. But i'll get used to it eventually. Same goes for Berserk.
Modified by stanklem28, Nov 17, 2012 9:52 PM

Nov 17, 2012 10:12 PM
modern art makes me touch myself

not like that old school crap.

did they even know how to draw back then? fucking idiots.

anything older than 2009 is shit.
Modified by 002173, Nov 17, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 18, 2012 12:48 AM

Blood: The Last Vampire
Devil May Cry
Gantz
Himitsu: Top Secret
Night Head Genesis
Psycho-Pass
X

Nov 18, 2012 1:23 AM
MaedhrostheTall said:
modern art makes me touch myself

not like that old school crap.

did they even know how to draw back then? fucking idiots.

anything older than 2009 is shit.
I know that's a chunk of sarcasm, but that's pretty much what my thinking process is.

Nov 18, 2012 9:25 AM
stanklem28 said:
HoTD was good in that it was a zombie apocalypse film that focused on survival. No other zombie apocalypse film does the same thing except maybe Dawn of the Dead. Most zombie apocalypse films just feature infighting and/or stupid antagonists that think that it's the prime to revolutionize the human race and do some stupid shit, or stupid people that just get greedy and become resource hogs. It's not gratifying to see stupidity during moments desperation.

Read wikipedia summary for Texhnolyze and watched last episode. My thoughts: the author did a SHIT TON of marijuana while writing the plot for this anime. I bet He burnt through 40 kilograms of weed to write a piece of nonsensical crap like this. But I know that the author ran out of weed before he wrote the ending, because the ending does make SOME sense...I think.

I guess I agree with you about HSotD, it is a good zombie movie, then again, zombie movies never have much of a plot to them. That's why I was kinda confused. HSotD doesn't really have a plot, it's a survival anime. It's not a bad thing though, I still loved it.

I also agree about Texhnolyze. It's so fucked up :D

Nov 18, 2012 10:33 AM

Seems like if an anime doesn't have absolutely perfect art, an amazing plot that seems to unfold within 2 seconds, and merciless gore, and if it doesn't capture your attention within 20 minutes then you just plain give up. Look man you aren't gonna find anymore anime to enjoy until you lighten up a bit and stop letting little shit get in your way. I mean you won't even watch the Berserk series because it's old for christ sakes its the best 'merciless gore' story there fuckin' is dude anime or not. And waiting for the new movies to come out is a mistake considering they leave out over half the story and character development.

stanklem28 said:
Can someone PLEASE Explain to me what happens in the first 11 episodes? I can't find them on wikipedia damn it.

Anyone who can't even watch for themselves doesn't deserve to enjoy the masterpiece that is Texhnolyze. For fuck sakes you wanted a merciless gore anime and for some reason the main character getting his limbs hacked off on episode one didn't seem to capture your attention. Texhnolyze is about is engrossing and fucked up as it gets, watch it or not we shouldn't have to TELL you what fuckin' happens.

Bottom line is you are asking for merciless gore action anime and yet you won't even watch and enjoy the 3 best titles - Berserk, Texhnolyze, and Hellsing: Ultimate. Honestly I'm with the others on this one, I don't think anime is for you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 18, 2012 11:58 AM

I don't think I'll ever understand what makes some people think reading a wikipedia entry is the same as actually watching the show. I don't know how little sense Texhnolyze may or may not make in a summary, but it was a pretty easy show to understand if you bother to watch it.

I won't even get into the other stuff. If the OP wants to miss out some great stories just because the art isn't "nice" or has a bit of a slow start it's his loss.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 18, 2012 1:52 PM
LayedBack said:
perfect art

Well THERE'S an oxymoron.

I could declare that I hated all blacks RIGHT now, insisting that they didn't have human rights because they were black. You would tell me I was a fucking idiot because they are just as much people as you or I, and that it was obvious if I paid even a little attention.

Do you see how stupid thinking like that is? It makes no difference if it's applied to social justice, or to old vs new anime. Age has far less effect on quality than you believe it to have. A lot of older anime with older art are BETTER shows than some of the newer stuff. I'm not a new anime hater or anything, I just don't discriminate for stupid reasons, and watch both old and new without any biases.

Nov 18, 2012 6:47 PM
MaedhrostheTall said:
LayedBack said:
perfect art

Well THERE'S an oxymoron.

I could declare that I hated all blacks RIGHT now, insisting that they didn't have human rights because they were black. You would tell me I was a fucking idiot because they are just as much people as you or I, and that it was obvious if I paid even a little attention.

Do you see how stupid thinking like that is? It makes no difference if it's applied to social justice, or to old vs new anime. Age has far less effect on quality than you believe it to have. A lot of older anime with older art are BETTER shows than some of the newer stuff. I'm not a new anime hater or anything, I just don't discriminate for stupid reasons, and watch both old and new without any biases.
I'm not a racist, but I'm an artist haha.

LayedBack said:
Bottom line is you are asking for merciless gore action anime and yet you won't even watch and enjoy the 3 best titles - Berserk, Texhnolyze, and Hellsing: Ultimate. Honestly I'm with the others on this one, I don't think anime is for you.
I'm just trying to scout out as much gory anime with good plot as I can. I'm aware that berserk, texhnolyze, and hellsing ultimate exist. I watched some parts of texhnolyze and hellsing ultimate and I think they both suck. That's just my opinion, it may not be yours. Seems your opinion of the best 3 mercilessly gory anime with good plot are texhnolyze, hellsing ultimate, and berserk. According to this trend, I'm sure I won't like berserk.

LayedBack said:
Seems like if an anime doesn't have absolutely perfect art, an amazing plot that seems to unfold within 2 seconds, and merciless gore, and if it doesn't capture your attention within 20 minutes then you just plain give up.
Yeah, that is the case. Come on, 20 minutes of my time is a lot you know!

insan3soldiern said:
I don't think I'll ever understand what makes some people think reading a wikipedia entry is the same as actually watching the show. I don't know how little sense Texhnolyze may or may not make in a summary, but it was a pretty easy show to understand if you bother to watch it.
Texhnolyze was just stupid story-telling, in my opinion. Trying to be unique sometimes detract people.

Wikipedia helps me skip fillers and stupid episodes. I don't really see a difference between being told what happened and seeing what happened. I just know that I HAVE to see awesome things happen, not boring things. Therefore I read about the stupid, and sometimes irrelevant things that happen before shit starts to fly towards the fan, then I watch the following episode to see shit actually hitting and splattering all over that fan.

Nov 18, 2012 6:52 PM

In all honesty, you need to look at older anime since gore-filled stories aren't being adapted anymore. Another shouldn't even count, since it was a crappy mystery, pseudo-horror anime. If you can't look over art/animation quality, read manga or stop bumping this dumbass thread.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Nov 18, 2012 7:26 PM

Give up on anime and look for a more efficient past-time. I can find you videos of real life, cruel and gore-some murders, like "3 guys, one hammer" if you'd like. Or even Al-Qaeda decapitation scenes.

Nov 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Holybaptiser said:
Give up on anime and look for a more efficient past-time. I can find you videos of real life, cruel and gore-some murders, like "3 guys, one hammer" if you'd like. Or even Al-Qaeda decapitation scenes.
Well...I don't know what to say...

There are some sick stuff, and there are stuff that I imagine could never happen in front of my eyes but they just did.

That shit is pretty shocking. It's like reading guro manga, except you'd know full well that what had transpired, actually...transpired. Truly shocking to my human spirit indeed.

Regardless, I'm still not giving up on anime if that's what you're asking me to do by letting me know about this disturbing real-life stuff >.<

Nov 19, 2012 7:20 AM

stanklem28 said:
Holybaptiser said:

There are some sick stuff, and there are stuff that I imagine could never happen in front of my eyes but they just did.

That shit is pretty shocking. It's like reading guro manga, except you'd know full well that what had transpired, actually...transpired. Truly shocking to my human spirit indeed.

Regardless, I'm still not giving up on anime if that's what you're asking me to do by letting me know about this disturbing real-life stuff >.<
Oh, dear god... Don't tell me you actually watched that shit. I was just venting my frustration, because it seems like you're dismissing anime for poor reasons. I feel bad if you actually watched something like 3 guys, one hammer after I brought it up.

Nov 19, 2012 7:39 AM
Holybaptiser said:
stanklem28 said:
Holybaptiser said:

Oh, dear god... Don't tell me you actually watched that shit. I was just venting my frustration, because it seems like you're dismissing anime for poor reasons. I feel bad if you actually watched something like 3 guys, one hammer after I brought it up.

lol, just go on thatsphucked.com :3

BUT

There's a difference in anime and reality... don't mix them

Nov 19, 2012 10:42 AM
Holybaptiser said:
I did, since I didn't know what it was. Now I do.

You know, in live-action movies, it's just pieces of meat flying around and red paint splattering everywhere. In anime, it's just big bags of ketchup being slashed up or completely blown up.

But, in real life, it's just plain unthinkable. Actually, it's rather painful to see something like 3 guys 1 hammer because I can empathize with the dying man. He's so beat up that he's confused about his dire situation. I don't think his brain could correctly receive pain impulses any longer in that video. It's just plain confused of why things are happening. Worst of all, I watched that video knowing that it happened in real life.

I actually read a crime reconstruction on wikipedia (well, they had it up when I last read it a month ago, but some fag deleted the section. Probably because the details weren't cited, idk) about the Schoolgirl in Cement case after I read Modern Stories of the Bizarre, since the manga claimed that it took things from true stories. Man, was that crime fucked up. It makes me wonder what madness drives people to do such horrible things.

But yeah, fucked-up real-life shit aren't entertaining, they're just fucked up, and not right, and tremendously painful to watch.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »