Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2012 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Helpme said:
In addition, he's been told they're anarchists, which given that what the chunibyo guns measure is thread to the social order, would always have a high value. (as would any political activist)

Odd world building. Apparently the regime thinks just being a 'latent criminal' is enough to always handle things correctly, and all you need is some supervisors with no training. Akane comes directly from some civil servant academy. Seem rather fanatically naïve by the regime.

It's a world where nearly everything is decided by sibyl, so it's not surprising people are being less and less responsible. I'm not sure there is still a "regime" apart of sybil.
Nov 3, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2012
ImagineThat said:
Horrible. Can someone please tell this guy that artificially creating moments to drop another one of those philosophical gems does not equal good writing.

What the hell does this mean?

ImagineThat said:
So this whole episode was pretty much based on the laughing man case, at least a poor mans version of it any way. This series could do a much better job at disguising where it's influences are coming from. Although that's not the biggest problem, The weakest area so far is the mystery aspect. I find the comparisons to CSI quite fitting both have a lot flash but when it comes to deductions,piecing information together,twists and building suspense both are very lacking.

Episode 4 is the first episode to even show the main antagonist, (except for the time leap in the intro to Episode 1), along with his evil plot to do whatever and you're already butt hurt about Urobuchi not hiding his influences? What is this?
Nov 3, 2012 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
That opening scene was kind of a cheap substitute for introspection.

The avatar thing is all pretty stupid.

Not too impressed with this episode in general.
Nov 3, 2012 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
The virtual world seemed stupid at first but it looks very interesting. I can't wait to see where they take it.
Nov 3, 2012 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
It was an okay episode. It seems to be laying the groundwork for future plot elements, plus it's got quite a bit going on already. Overall, I found this episode to be better than the second episode, but still weaker than the first and third episodes.

The entire "Cute Avatar" aspect seems out of place. Also, it feels like the "villain" most people are talking about is not the true antagonist, but rather the target of a single arc or a minion of the main antagonist.

I've enjoyed Psycho-Pass so far and I like the concept. Knowing Urobuchi the series will most likely get better as it goes along. I'll wait for another few episodes to form an opinion on the series.

note: I'm going to go against the trend and say that the tomato thing was a bit of a letdown. It would have been more fun to see the actual dismemberment. It also felt like they stole the plastic sheets and tomatoes idea from Dexter.
removed-userNov 3, 2012 8:50 PM
Nov 3, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
david_werecat said:
note: I'm going to go against the trend and say that the tomato thing was a bit of a letdown. It would have been more fun to see the actual dismemberment.
I think it is more tasteful with the tomato. To me it is no less fun with the tomato than actual dismemberment - in fact what is so fun seeing actual dismemberment ?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2012 5:06 AM

Apr 2011
Dat Spooky Boogie. This episode was awesome
Nov 4, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
Ew, that was gruesome.

Nov 4, 2012 1:46 PM

Oct 2009
some really bad guys come in the plot, this is interesting ^^

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 4, 2012 4:33 PM

Apr 2010
That dominator is useless against armed enemy. It's like Power Rangers transformation. Do they think criminals will wait few seconds until measuring his crime coefficient is done and then few seconds until gun gets power up?

If Sibyl went down permanently it could make a great story. I wonder if it will be like Minority Report.
Nov 4, 2012 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
That ending was unexpected.
Nov 4, 2012 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
Woah, things just got good.
Nov 4, 2012 11:35 PM
Apr 2012
A bit slow this one....and still no progress in discovering what's the story behind Ginoza and Masaoka-san....disappointing..

Oh well, still looking forward to the next episode though :-}
Nov 4, 2012 11:59 PM
Mar 2010
this episode was amazing! this is really futuristic!

btw,I already don't like tomatoes now I feel sick looking at them. >_<
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 5, 2012 6:17 AM

Oct 2007
All you people who haven't watched Jinrui...
Nov 5, 2012 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
So?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2012 7:04 AM

Oct 2007
Nothing.
It just feels weird to see so much overreacting over tomato scene.
Nov 5, 2012 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
It just feels weird to see so much overreacting over tomato scene.
Perhaps because in Jinrui there was not much association with a real human body but here there is?

Nov 5, 2012 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
Let's see what happens next.
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 5, 2012 6:07 PM

Jun 2012
Whoa, suspenseful episode with some creepy criminals who dismember and kill people down to the molecular level : O

The killer kind of reminds me of Dexter with his process of making people disappear and his meticulous ways of doing so.
Nov 5, 2012 7:47 PM

Jun 2009
Progeusz said:

I'm surprised that you made the connection O.o

Jinrui is a lot more goofy/comedic.
While Psycho-Pass have a much more serious tone to it.

I simply cannot make the connection between 2 shows so different.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2011
Not really into the new story, but it was alright. Liked the previous episodes more.
Nov 6, 2012 1:31 AM

Aug 2009
Raphow said:
best moé show this season

This.... seriously this does not feel like the same show that I saw in ep 1. Way to ruin the dark and gritty atmosphere >_>

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 6, 2012 4:47 AM

Feb 2012
If it's impossible for the dead guy to leave the premises of his apartment without getting scanned and IDed by the system, so he has to be Dextered' inside and flushed down the toilet to avoid detection, why not simply check the logs of everyone who entered and left the apartment 2 months ago at the time of his murder, and just go from there?
Nov 6, 2012 7:55 AM

Oct 2010
so it goes into (internet warfare?) very interesting episode
Nov 6, 2012 11:18 AM

Dec 2009
Oh my God! This show is creepy. The new villains seems absolutely insane -_-
Poor real life Spooky Boogie, she seemed so nice :(

Akane is really a frail little girl. She like fainted when Masaoka barely touched her :|

The relationship between Akane and Kougami still continues to develop. I wonder how it will be later on in the show.

Great episode, even though it had way to many scenes in that creepy interactive world. And still poor Spooky Boogie :(

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 6, 2012 10:01 PM
May 2012
When this thing turn into Sword Art online?

I mean do you recognized that Koyasu Takehiko was = Sugou Nobuyuki (Oburon) Talisman!? WHAT AN IRONY!

And that ending!

What's gonna happen NEXT?! I want an episode preview ASAP! I'm really anxious about this after what happened in SAO!
JafriZinNov 7, 2012 5:31 AM
Nov 7, 2012 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
Oh wow, I really enjoyed this episode! It seemed to have a different feeling than the others but that isn't really a bad thing to me. I can't wait to see how things turn out.
Nov 7, 2012 6:55 PM

Jan 2012
looks like the story will get more bloody...!

i like the way they talk to each other. looks like some real investigation out there LOL
Nov 7, 2012 7:11 PM

Nov 2012
can't wait to see the next episode! IMO maybe Akane is the one of those being targeted too ^.^
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Nov 8, 2012 7:03 AM

Sep 2008
Preview for next ep!!
ShoutaAzumaNov 8, 2012 7:08 AM
Nov 8, 2012 7:48 AM

Jun 2012
bottosai-01 said:
Raphow said:

This.... seriously this does not feel like the same show that I saw in ep 1. Way to ruin the dark and gritty atmosphere >_>

Yes because watching people getting strangled to death and having a criminal that dismembers people is not dark and gritty
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 8, 2012 9:32 PM

Jul 2008
I love the world-building in this show. Such an interesting setting. I could watch this all day. I'm continually fascinated by the details Urobuchi includes in each episode. Every time I watch them back, I pick up on new things. Whether it be the specifics of hue colors or the reasons for keeping the drone manufacture site offline (to prevent viruses and corrupt data from affecting the live coding).

He's clearly thought this whole thing through. I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen this level of detail in world-building outside of games like Mass Effect or novels by Brandon Sanderson. It's truly astonishing, and whole lot more interesting than its source of inspiration 1984. It helps that there's a heck of a lot more depth here.

I have my suspicions that Shougo is working for the Ministry of Economy. I'm guessing the lot of them are trying to control the virtual world, in much the same way as Winston from 1984 was a revisionist. What I'm not so sure of is if Shougo is actually a revolutionary. He doesn't look like someone who'd fight the Sibyl system. I expect that more from Kougami. In fact, I expect at some point Kougami and Akane to be at ends with each other, which the OP eludes to (as well as much of the first episode).

This is also one of the only animes that have ever led me to do any amount of research pertaining to events that happen in the story. There is so much depth here that it is simply astounding.

I for one have also been enjoying the character development, which I'm glad hasn't taken the character-based episode approach. I love learning about each of the characters as the story goes. It reminds me a lot of Puella Magi Madoka Magica in a way. And I do believe there to be a lot development already, which surprises me why people here think there hasn't been. I've already grown attached to Akane and Tomomi. And of course there's Shinya. But I feel Urobuchi has done a great job at teasing us their backstories and personalities without spoon feeding us.

It will be interesting to see where he takes the story. To me this is by far the most interesting and well-made show of the year thus far. Keep it up!
Nov 9, 2012 4:08 PM

Apr 2010
The plot starts in this episode and it's very good, before I liked Psycho-Pass but now it starts to show how great it can be.
The virtual reality world is very bizzarre and interesting, I prefer it to the ones of Sword Art Online and Accel World. It has been a pleasure for my eyes and brain to see such a good VR enviroment.

The villain is reading 1984, I can already guess he hates a world based on order, he is an anarchist for sure, the perfect enemy to force characters to think about the world they live and how much the order can be dangerous. It's only a guess, but I'm already hyped just because of a book.
It's my favorite episode of Psycho-Pass so far.
I have to say the killing in this episode was realistic, it gave me the creeps to see the poor girl ends like that.
Nov 10, 2012 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
Oooooooooooooookay ...episode 3 got me all over hyper...and now episode 4 made me SUPAAA CRAZY OTAKU *_____*!!!!

Episode 4 so amazing!!! raaaaaaa i really love the pace xD

Thus I 'upgrade' the overall score to 10/10 , for now though. :b
ahhhhhh ..!! really love this anime now!! xDD

Somehow it sometimes remind me of CSI a bit , hahaha . They got cool - hacker - woman in their team too which make it wow 8D

P/s: PP YOU ROCK!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2012 6:35 PM
Jan 2012
The Destroy Decomposer mode is, wow. Amazing, its design is very detailed. Is that all I care about? :P
Nov 14, 2012 3:56 AM

Aug 2010
Raphow said:

This.

Loved the episode, the story is interesting and the character interaction was well done. 4/5.
Nov 17, 2012 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
Love the contrast of how dark and light this series is.

OP and ED are the best that I have heard for a really long time.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Nov 18, 2012 7:23 AM

Apr 2012
Ugh, what a gross way to dispose of a body...
Nov 23, 2012 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
Juice time !
Nov 28, 2012 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
Our first multi episode story. Sucks her friend died, but now I wonder how they weill take these guys down. And if Shogo is involved, you know Ko is going to go berserk.
Nov 28, 2012 3:09 PM

Aug 2011
I thought I was watching Hidamari Sketch from how wide Lemonade Candy's face was. Anyway, great ep. Dark and quite menacing since the first ep. Looks like this will be a longer case too.

Every time someone said 'Spooky Boogie', I smiled.

I'm not sure but it seems like the ED changes slightly each time, if so, that's awesome.
Nov 30, 2012 3:55 AM

Jun 2008
azeriraz said:
Num1dad_Asura said:
Finally Makishima Shogo makes his appearance, I have been waiting for this guy.

1984, hmmm......maybe a little foreshadowing here?

More like obvious comparison.

Yeah considering how this world operates it's indeed obvious comparison.
If this are revolutionaries i really can't say i want them to fail since the system sucks. Any possibility that our little detective can end up joining their cause?

Freigeist said:
Despite various complaints about the "obvious" flaws of the system, the reasons why it is accepted keep piling up. This episode we get told that unemployment is basically nonexistent anymore since everyone gets assigned to a job or at least gets the opportunity to work. The life in this future is one of comfort, no need to think for yourself, Sibil does the work for you. Like in reality people are willing to let some unpleasant things slide like the lack of anonymity if there are enough advantages to balance them out.

Prisoners don't have to worry and feel unsafe about finding a job or paying their bills ether but they still prefer their freedom than the prison.
Safety without freedom is called prison.
MonadNov 30, 2012 4:00 AM
Dec 2, 2012 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, for Halloween :D? I really liked the ending. The art when she was dying... So cute :3.
Dec 19, 2012 11:34 PM

Apr 2011
I really like the way they say "Spooky Boogie." Even as that girl was being strangled, hearing that dude say "Spooky Boogie" made me smile.
Dec 24, 2012 12:10 AM

Jun 2012
Kougami is sexy.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Dec 27, 2012 12:30 PM

Jan 2010
Fantastic episode! Their world and technology are so uniquely interesting.

And Takehito Koyasu's voice is wonderful <3
Dec 28, 2012 9:28 AM
Jul 2012
Ok episode.
That girl in the ending is one weird chick. ugly.
Don't really like this mysstry crime they trying to solve It look like i was wastching in completely a diffrent show.
The disgusie by the characters looked very cool.
3/5
Jan 12, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
rebelakuma said:
Gino the talking coin.. haha..
Glad that this is starting to build up now..

Seeing him as a talking coin somehow reminded me of "The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars"......
Jan 18, 2013 12:10 AM
Mar 2009
Wow, those forums are trippy as hell. Organizing real life events like that too? These people are so naive.

Well that sucks for Spooky Boogie's person. Wonder what they plan to do by expanding their control over a...virtual forum. Yeah...
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.