Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 11, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
i have so much respect for the mc, him lusting after himiko was realistic given the fact that he's an adult and has been locking himself in his room for a while ; his self-control is admirable
Sep 17, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2011
wtf and he ha s only 14 years
Dec 10, 2014 10:07 AM

Nov 2009
Lol the Mom is so creepy looking, It also seems like Taira is sneakily playing the game whilst telling Ryouta he refuses to.
Jan 31, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Taira obviously intends to complete the game by sponging on Sakamato, since he openly claims he just wants to find a way out without playing it but scrounges the chips at same time without him moving a finger for them. But oh well, let's see what he has to do next and if that's really the case.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 3, 2015 4:21 PM
Feb 2015
That explains a lot... That paper sent them there in exchange for money? Wow pretty nice development, I hope the girl starts trusting him!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 3, 2015 5:01 AM

Feb 2012
i don't trust the older guy. i would think he's using the main character as an advantage but is probably also a skillful player himself. meanwhile the mc keeps leaving him with dead bodies, giving him the chance to take the chips.. he has at least 2 and refuses to show his bombs, meaning he could have used some before they met.

i feel bad for the girl.. she seems miserable, and like an easy kill who survived this long by chance. and the mc is a perverted piece of shit

also wasn't it established that people couldn't use others bombs, but now they are? unless the kid's dad just didn't activate it correctly
Jun 12, 2015 8:50 AM

May 2014
So I was right! :D ...somewhat. It's not about how players feel about the things they've done in the past but how the people that got involved are feeling about it. And they sold the lives of the ones they found guilty. Another example of how despicable humans can be.

Komodo dragons! Well I was starting to wonder how in 2 days, in a tropical forest, they had no major encounter with any wild animal.

cometta222 said:
i have so much respect for the mc, him lusting after himiko was realistic given the fact that he's an adult and has been locking himself in his room for a while ; his self-control is admirable
Indeed.
Jun 21, 2015 10:46 PM

Jan 2015
I liked how they managed to show the thoughts of a guy seeing an unconscious girl, and controlling himself to don't do bad things, it was great haha, anyways, loved the entire episode.
Feb 8, 2016 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
OG-3 said:
I was somehow relieved that Sakamoto did nothing bad for Himiko. (Except for peeping lol)

Tbh any man would take a peek. It's only natural. Lol (although some of us would go a bit further, like groping her breasts. I wouldn't go any farther than that though.)

Also, the characters have f*cking bombs. How about you use them against those lizards?

cometta222 said:

Exactly. Those calling him a perverted piece of shit would probably be a bit curious about her body as well in that situation. Unless they're gay.
removed-userFeb 8, 2016 6:24 PM
Apr 28, 2016 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
That was really funny to see Sakamotos thoughts when Himiko got knocked out. It's true what a lot of people here said. It's normal as a man to take a look in this situation, so why should that make him a pervert wtf?

You could see how bad all these experiences were for Himiko. Sad when she started to cry ;_;
Now also Sakamoto and Taira know that there are persons who want them to dissapear and that this is the reason for their stay on this island.

Giant Lizards? Omg I think I know what will happen next episode -.-

May 18, 2016 4:53 PM
Jun 2013
i find it sad people are more interested in the panty thing then the fact Ryouta was an awful son to his mom and step dad.Its no shock his mom sent him away. I hope he notices how big of a dick he was. Its odd how all of the sudden hes nice here. I like the fact he at least stopped from raping her,but im sure they will bring up rape again since this show just loves it. Also himiko has a good point at least for her. We didint see if she had any parents and her friends all hate her guts. So she doesint really have much to go home to.
Jun 22, 2016 1:08 PM
Jun 2016
Well, the smoke in the forest reminds me bout the smoke in Hunger Games jungle. Plus, the giant lizards maybe became the substitute of mutations IMO.
Oct 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, Himiko! it's not surprising she'd act that way towards men and Ryouta was nearly the same!

Wow, giant lizards at the end! D: they wanna eat them!
May 4, 2017 5:27 AM

Apr 2015
Looks like we have to say goodbye to the old man.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 20, 2017 10:19 PM

Jul 2016
SAKAMOTO. Literally, the girl said that all men were her enemies and you're contemplating this? Great, just elevate her hate even more why don't you? Himiko crying makes me cry :'(
Apr 11, 2018 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
So that explains why this Taira-san guy doesn't seem like a player of that game. It's the frigging letter's fault.

Jun 9, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2020
Ok that fan service is really a thing. That pantsu is transparent. It was sad that she stay at this island with another ''bad people''. That reptile isn't in my expectation I thought it was bomb war. They will fight with reptile too
Feb 10, 2021 1:06 PM
Feb 2020
Am I supposed to root for any one in this anime?

Taira's not going to kill anyone if he can help it that's for sure. But if theres a crystal just lying there he's not going to not take it. (Can't blame him for that).

Taira's relatable. Obviously good relationship with his family. But problems at work (Who hasn't had problems at work?) and a Customer... I bet it's a case of he missold a property or the customer feels they were missold a property and he doesn't do refunds... or he sold a property to some one else for a higher price he'd promised to some one else (such as a member of the yakuza or something).

Seriously Taira seems to me the least messed up person on this island.
Jun 19, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode, after good episode.

The blonde's resistance against the MC was actually justified. In many cases, it'd be really annoying -- but given the circumstances of the "game," the fat guy's rape attempt, and her tragic backstory, it makes sense that she'd try to kill the MC right off the bat... and then herself. It wasn't a blind naivety though, it was all so realistic and justified. Their confrontation was a great part of the episode -- really tense.

And the beautiful irony is that the two are "married" and just don't know it yet.

It also seems like the girl quickly learns to trust the MC and Taira. Usually the (anime) chick would continue to be wary, but realistically I think anyone would learn to trust someone after they save you from a suicide attempt.

Regarding Taira, he almost seems TOO nice. TOO perfect. He displayed a 'smart' and 'ominous' trait in that one episode, that earned the MC's respect... but so far he's been an ethical and kind-hearted character. Even behind the MC's back, when Taira's alone, he seems to exhibit a certain amount of gratitude.

And yet... Sakamoto acknowledged Taira's wit... is Taira putting on a front and trying to save/protect himseld by ACTING like the MC's friend. There's still a lot we don't know about Taira. I like him a lot, but I'm gonna feel like an idiot if he turns out to be an enemy. Conversely, I'm gonna feel like an idiot if he doesn't turn out to be an enemy and all this speculation is just nonsense. However, in the theme song, there's an artsy shot of the MC, the blonde, and Taira standing side-by-side, implying they're a three-person team.

Finally, I think the addition of an animal threat at the end is a nice switch-up. It's KIND of unfair to the players, since the "game" is intended to be about bombs and wit... but it keeps things fresh. I'm sure none of us were expecting big reptiles to cause a trouble for the MC.
But geez dude just chuck one of your dozens of BIM's at them and take em all out in one fell swoop.

=====

Update: in a past forum, I expressed a desire for the theme of rape to dull down a bit. I was hoping after the fat guy, the show would move on. It looks like they want to stick with it though, to my dismay. When the MC was contemplating removing her panties, I was very uncomfortable -- I can take edgy stuff, but I was rooting for the MC in a way and it kinda rubbed me wrong seeing him act that way. And YET, come on -- it's realistic. Rape or not, he's a biological male -- naturally rubbing against her after she fell on him or her clearly visible underwear is going to make him blush and at least IMAGINE the possibilities of what he "could do." This isn't to justify misconduct or nonconsensual whatnot, but come on, it's realistic. That much I can appreciate. The MC is morally just and doesn't wish death upon anyone, but he's human too -- he's not some pure angel. I can also appreciate the theme of perversion in a non-comedic light. This wasn't your typical fanservice, panty shot kinda deal -- it seemed like a legitimate moral dilemma the dude was facing. A sort of exploration of the human nature. And how he made the right decision to forget about it and carry her to safety. Not in a heroic way, but in the way that a regular model human should.

Overall, this anime does a SOLID job illustrating basic themes like morality and justifying actions. As do many battle royale elimination anime and thrillers... of course. And while I don't think this is some elaborate social commentary, I think the anime does a nice job making the viewer think. And trying to decide whether they agree with the characters' actions or not.

The child serial killer... were they right to kill their father? I'm sure most would say yes... but objectively, that would make us agree with brutality.
Was the blonde justified in trying to kill the MC? Another great question. Because the MC was innocent and his death would have been an unfair travesty -- and yet, more than enough things have happened to the blonde to warrant a distrust in the men she encounters on the island, and in life.
And so many other questions, many more sure to come.
removed-userJun 19, 2021 2:30 AM
Jul 18, 2021 9:00 PM

May 2017
The appearance of komodo dragons in anime. Wow.
May 4, 2022 6:06 PM

Jul 2021
Bro is so fucking scared of a freaking lizard I can't with his show
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 8, 2022 10:39 PM
May 2022
Can anyone tell me the name of the music playing at 16:32 in episode 5?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEmUBjw3K0I
Nov 21, 2022 4:50 AM

May 2020
God Ryouta was so awful to his parents, won't surprise me if indeed they were the ones who sent him on this island.

Also drink every time someone thinks of assaulting Himiko. Kinda needed at this point.

But wtf, a Komodo Dragon in the end?!?!
May 15, 2023 9:43 AM

Dec 2022
No wonder Himiko doesn't trust men. Even Ryouta can barely restrain himself when she's out cold.
CQLLIST said:
Bro is so fucking scared of a freaking lizard I can't with his show

A group of aggressive Komodo Dragons chasing after you is worth being cautious about, since they have a decent running speed. Probably won't outrun most people, but Himiko is still feeling the effects of the stun gun, and the old fat guy is an old fat guy.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 21, 2023 10:55 PM
Jun 2022
1.25x Speed ; Perfect Rewatchable Anime
Jan 6, 2:09 PM
Jan 2021
Wow, Komodo Dragons. So, this anime is taking place in Komodo Island in Indonesia.
Feb 19, 3:13 AM

Jun 2020
da fact ppl are saying they admire the mc's restraint not to rape her... da creeps reveal themselves lawl
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
at first I thought only the world bests in that videogame are forced to survive on that island. interesting reveal.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 8:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.