Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2012 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This is a good conclusion to the novel, a nice roundabout wrap up of everything that happened. Enjoyed reading this.
removed-userApr 13, 2013 12:39 AM
Feb 18, 2013 9:49 AM

Jul 2011
Well, it wasn't bad, but wasn't good. It lacked something. It was a bit boring for me to read. I saw no character development. And those Konan and Mirai appeared just for a second and so fastly disappeared as they were filler characters.
And if talking about characters, I was a bit annoyed with that overly smart Nonomiya.
And I don't remember correctly, but there was no outcome in Nonomiya/Usami Chizuru situation.
So I didn't really enjoy Gekkou. Too much questionable situations. Or maybe I am a picky one.
The only reason I put a 7 was that wine/juice thing. That part was probably the best.
講廢話,被撞到.
Aug 1, 2013 8:32 AM

Oct 2011
A solid novel all in all and was certainly enjoyable, though it could have been better had it been longer. Relevant developments like Usami's confession and Tsukimori's innocence are not properly resolved, which I found to be a bit lacking. I did, however, like the majority of the characters in this novel and found their conversations to be intriguing; only wished that the side characters got more time to shine.

7.5/10

Dec 30, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
Well people, i have read lots and lots of light novel 'till now(and i ain't planning on stop in a few decades) but i really love Gekkou.

Maybe is because of i have always wanted a couple as... well... twisted!
(That may explain my love of VinoXChane couple from Baccano!)

But that aside... this was really a great story. Reading it while hearing the ost from Shiki and Death Note, i was really immersed in the story. I several moments my heartbeats started to accelerate and all...

And i really think this was a nice ending. Side Characters weren't the core of the story, and as a "light" novel, this needed to focuse just on the main characters, which we already know well.

If you want some more about the side characters or to the Chizuru thing(which i really thing it's the same as that love triange from Ef- A tale of memories) i think it may be in the second novel.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki, Houtarou
Mar 23, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2012
edwd2 said:
This is a good conclusion to the novel, a nice roundabout wrap up of everything that happened. Enjoyed reading this.
Exactly.

I love the blend of romance, murder mystery, and character development.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
Ending felt a bit anticlimatic, which was rather unfortunate, but I really enjoyed the ride. Like others above have said, I wished they had wrapped up Usami/Mirai, because they ended up feeling like plot devices.

7.5/10 Still really good
Aug 6, 2014 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
That was a nice ending, I didn't even care about whether she killed her parents or not, but I'm pretty sure she did since she was bored.
Aug 13, 2014 2:22 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I think it was a solid 7/10 the whole way through for me. This conclusion, though, was very well written and even I got used to the way the characters think. I admit even I realized whether she did it or not didn't matter within the stories context. Normally I'd care about such details, but here it feels satisfying.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jan 16, 2015 12:13 AM

Jun 2013
Good ending to the novel but it was dragged to an extent. At times it was also repetitive. Had less amount of mystery than i had expected. Liked the character traits of both Mirai and Konan. They singly handled the show at times. Overall, a decent read.
May 15, 2015 11:53 PM

Sep 2014
Overall the novel was good but i was expecting the ending to be better than that. Probably the longest chapter, its quite dragging i say. I'll probably give 7.5 - 8. Since I enjoy the 10th chapter, the confrontation between nonomiya and konan.
Sep 1, 2015 10:59 PM
Jul 2014
I dont even know what to think of this. Too much left open, so did she do all this to entertain him and herself? did the mother kill the father then kill herself or did Tsukimori do it all? I would've like to see more of a breakdown on her character,like reveal more than her smile but i guess the point is to wonder and come to your won conclusion not sure i like it
Rate it a 6 or 7
Mar 15, 2016 2:11 AM

Nov 2011
The ending felt a bit..strange. I was really hoping for some sort of big plot twist but it was rather something I had expected. The photo on the phone really does make them look like a wedding couple though.

Also, I kinda agree about Konan and Mirai being filler characters, well at least Mirai is more interesting of the two imo.
Feb 26, 2017 11:10 PM

Aug 2013
easily one of the best short stories i've read, i liked the whole ambiguaity till the end, leaves a little upto the readers' imaginations

The 2 short stories are also pretty interesting to read, first one better than the rest though

ppl seem to want a proper conclusion between Nonomiya and Youko but they are more or less together, the 2nd short story shows how much Nonomiya cares but he wont admit this till he graduates :)

Hope to find something similar to this in the future
Mar 23, 2017 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
Well it was expected that the ending was going to be lusterlacking, considering the lenght it was set up to be its regretable since i think this had much more potential...still i must say it was wrapped up nicely considering the circumstances.
I enjoyed it a lot since these drama, mystery, romance settings are my favorite settings for a story, wouldve loved more development for the other characters but still i had a pleasant time readingthis novel :)

PS. LOL at the authors afterword lol it sucks when ur work doesn't get that winning prize and that fat cash for the car xD
Oct 1, 2017 12:07 PM
Sep 2015
I don't know why people here said that the ending is too anticlimatic or there are so many questions left to be answered.
Let me tell you this: Did the girl really kill her parents?
Like the MC has said: "It doesn't matter."

That's the point of all this. That doesn't matter.

All events are there just to emphasize their peculiar relationship. The story is about a certain perfect girl who got bored of her life noticed this cynical boy and then chose him to make her life interesting. It might seem weird that I wrote it like the story's MC is the girl. Well it is not, but still, I wrote it like that because even if MC thinks he did something, actually he merely danced on her tune. All things happen, the girl is the mastermind.

I still find that so interesting, even though I agree that the author could expand the side characters, seem bland, but lol I still love this LN, in spite of all that.

If there is continuation to this LN, I will certainly read. ...Or not, it seems good as it is now.
Nov 16, 2017 6:52 AM
Apr 2014
Quite a twisted couple, they are. Oddly satisfying read for a short series.

7/10
Dec 28, 2017 12:10 AM

May 2017
Wow that was one hell of a romance between the them , it's so different from your typical shoujo manga , overall a good read but nothing too extraordinary. I would have really loved some more character development and at least one more chapter showing that both of them got together or something like that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2018 12:36 AM

Jan 2016
That was so beautiful. I'm really enjoyed reading this.

9/10
Detective1412Jan 24, 2018 12:39 AM
May 16, 2019 4:52 PM
Aug 2014
We can consider the mystery kinda solved. I feel kinda pestered though. The perfect girl is a bit too intelligent it seems, but that's not my real issue. The characters didn't develop much at all. More personally, it felt too open ended. I really wished to see something less platonic between girl and boy. I know they love each other and all. I hope the specials can solve the lingering feelings!

7/10 good read.
Aug 5, 2019 3:33 PM
Aug 2018
The only thing that comes to mind: "That's it?"

What an underwhelming end.
May 20, 2020 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Decent, but not amazing. Good way to kill a couple of hours.
Sep 1, 2020 9:55 AM
Jul 2019
Well, nothing really happened. I did enjoy the dialogue despite sounding overly pretentious. And I kinda got a boner during that time in the house. Other than that, it was very anticlimactic. Can see why the author didn't win haha. Can't really blame him, since he's limited to one volume, but it's not something you can make in a couple volumes either since mystery can get pretty boring if prolonged.

6/10 I guess.
SomeGuyWithHairSep 1, 2020 9:58 AM
Sep 30, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2017
First light novel I've read and I enjoyed it for what it was. Wish it could have been slightly longer to better wrap things up, but I guess I'll have to read the additional short stories.
Jan 22, 2021 4:49 PM

Oct 2020
Decent read, It was definitely an entertaining short stories. Loved the whole ambiguity
Mar 19, 2021 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it was really good. It's nothing mind-blowing, but it was a nice way to end things, the ambiguity adds to its personality, and while it didn't feel like a perfect ending for the characters, it felt like the perfect ending for the story. Hopefully the short stories will give better closure for the characters themselves.
Sep 18, 2022 6:50 AM

May 2018
I guess it was fine, if there is one thing I love about this is how Tsukimori made her plan. Still not sure whether she kills both of her parents or just one, or if she is even innocent. Kind of hate that I don't know what is really the truth about the deaths of the parents since I can't be too sure about what happened. Still enjoyed it, nothing awesome but I love the couple.

Jan 20, 2023 6:14 PM

Jul 2019
I wasn't too keen in the middle section of the read through but the introduction of Konan was a nice change and it added a bit of spice for me. And well, the ending was better than I initially thought. Again, as others have said, this could've been longer to flesh out some of the characters. Buuut, looking at it as a whole, it wasn't too bad. 

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 22, 2023 6:01 AM

Nov 2021
Well, this was a fine read. Nothing special or extraordinary but fairly enjoyable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkou Chapter 10 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 31, 2012

4 by prozyne »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Gekkou Chapter 9 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 31, 2012

1 by prozyne »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Gekkou Chapter 7 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 30, 2012

2 by prozyne »»
Mar 21, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gekkou Chapter 2 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 29, 2012

3 by prozyne »»
Mar 21, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Gekkou Chapter 1 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 29, 2012

5 by prozyne »»
Mar 21, 2023 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.