Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2012 11:46 AM

Nov 2007
So how does everyone like their harem animes to end? Do you like that nothing gets resolved, in case more episodes can be made? Do you prefer that the main person chooses a partner and they live happily ever after? Do you like that everyone finds romance, especially the sidekicks? Or that everything was a memory and after some amnesia or alternative timeline for the characters they get to start over? Or those crazy bad endings where someone dies? Or screw it and present a bunch of different endings for all the routes?
AngusOct 29, 2012 11:51 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 31, 2012 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
I like harem ending. All the girls get to have the male lead,the male lead gets to have all the girls and the lead doesn't have to break anyone's heart. It's he is like a fatman at a all you can eat buffet or a pervert at a strip club during free lap dance night
Dec 1, 2012 6:30 PM
Jan 2011
Yomeiro Choice (manga) have a harem ending
Mar 23, 2013 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
I prefer monogamous happy endings. It's more realistic when the male protagonists chooses a girl (hopefully the one I prefer also).
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 4, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2010
Harem Ending; they have more impact!
Jun 6, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2007
I recently read a manga that actually made an interesting point towards harem ending.

The 'two person romantic getaway' is usually a feeling that only lasts in the first few years of marriage. After that, passion tends to become affection, love becomes more familiar. A harem ending maybe awkward initially. However, as time progresses, the feelings become very much like having a large family. Rowdy, but warm.

But yea, long story short, I vote for harem ending.
Jun 7, 2013 1:36 AM

May 2010
UnknownOrigin said:
I recently read a manga that actually made an interesting point towards harem ending.

The 'two person romantic getaway' is usually a feeling that only lasts in the first few years of marriage. After that, passion tends to become affection, love becomes more familiar. A harem ending maybe awkward initially. However, as time progresses, the feelings become very much like having a large family. Rowdy, but warm.

I like your information there.
Jun 7, 2013 5:46 AM

Feb 2012
UnknownOrigin said:

I never thought of that, that is a pretty good perspective. But alas I prefer an ending where there is a single pairing at the end, not an ending where they all continue the harem situation and a single girl (or guy) is actually chosen. I dislike it when the writer is afraid of upsetting one preference over another. and 9 times out of ten i prefer where the main ending is not the main heroine.

*******SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*******

highlight below for white text

My favorite anime harem ending would be the anime Shuffle for that very reason
Jun 11, 2013 9:53 AM

Dec 2007
If you are talking about writer being afraid to 'upset' the audience, I would argue that author are even more afraid of picking the true harem ending. Modern society tends to be rather negative towards polygamy.

This also reminds me of School Rumble (manga), infamous for the author intentionally upsetting over 3/4 of the audience by NOT continuing the harem situation. I title him is the 'troll author' of the decade. I strongly recommend it for the surprise ending and the inevitable feeling of getting trolled.

On a side note, try School Days... it's the none of the above option (neither a continuous harem situation, nor a chosen girl, nor a harem ending).
Jul 6, 2013 8:26 PM
May 2009
Apparently a harem ending is appropriate. If not, what's the point of having a harem? Isn't this why were here?
Jul 7, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2007
UnknownOrigin said:
If you are talking about writer being afraid to 'upset' the audience, I would argue that author are even more afraid of picking the true harem ending. Modern society tends to be rather negative towards polygamy.

Hmm, I haven't seen a polygamy ending, although Shuffle anime did raise that as a possibility! Multiple fiancees of course have been done to death; it's how many of the famous harem shows got started. Haven't seen that many divorces in-series for harems - seems to happen only with the main characters' parents.

This also reminds me of School Rumble (manga), infamous for the author intentionally upsetting over 3/4 of the audience by NOT continuing the harem situation. I title him is the 'troll author' of the decade. I strongly recommend it for the surprise ending and the inevitable feeling of getting trolled.

The closure in that series is rather vague, especially the final chapters in Z where the resolution is in the form of some still-frames. Although there was one chapter that featured a paired ending.

On a side note, try School Days... it's the none of the above option (neither a continuous harem situation, nor a chosen girl, nor a harem ending).

That was the title I thought about for "bad ending".
AngusJul 7, 2013 4:45 PM
Jul 7, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2007
Angus said:

Hmm, I haven't seen a polygamy ending, although Shuffle anime did raise that as a possibility! Multiple fiancees of course have been done to death; it's how many of the famous harem shows got started. Haven't seen that many divorces in-series for harems - seems to happen only with the main characters' parents.

Generally speaking, all Tenchi Muyo series and all of it's spinoffs suggests a polygamous ending (given that polygamy is pretty much legal in all the series...). GPX actually has the guy marrying all the girls at the end. Manga-wise, series such as Yomeiro Choice, DearS, Mouse, Mai-Otome, etc. have clear harem endings. That said, it's still pretty rare in comparison to other ending types.

The closure in that series is rather vague, especially the final chapters in Z where the resolution is in the form of some still-frames. Although there was one chapter that featured a paired ending.

I was actually only referring to the original School Rumble. I haven't read Z, but from what I understand, it's more of an 'alternative universe' to the original school rumble. The last chapter of School Rumble magically undid everything that happened in the 100+ chapters before it.
Mar 31, 2019 4:55 AM

Aug 2017
Harem. No one gets disappointed and all live happily ever after with tons of kids.

Anime doesn't explore multiple wives, it seems taboo. If one did it would immediately jump up to my favorites list.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » List of Borderline Harem Anime/Manga (RATED: MATURE 17+)

UnknownOrigin - May 16, 2010

19 by ezikialrage »»
Jul 22, 2021 2:35 AM

Poll: » How do you like the girl count to start out in a harem anime?

ezikialrage - Feb 23, 2020

0 by ezikialrage »»
Feb 23, 2020 2:59 PM

» what harem

haremfreak900 - Apr 22, 2010

3 by CarbonMD »»
Mar 31, 2019 5:06 AM

» Amagami SS ranking

jimbo1023 - Dec 24, 2010

3 by CarbonMD »»
Mar 31, 2019 5:05 AM

» if you could be a harem hero who would u be and why.

haremfreak900 - Mar 6, 2011

11 by CarbonMD »»
Mar 31, 2019 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.