Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 28, 2012 3:12 PM

Dec 2011
Deadhouse said:

And dont get me wrong,i love those as much as any ordinary anime lover but seriosly this anime started as action blood and gore fighting mecha anime and became harem and romance.Da fuq are they doing with anime? :/

lol totally agree, As much as I enjoy the cute tsundere romance moments, The turn out of this anime would probably have been alot better if they just kept it as an undertone with the War and Mecha/gore conflict as the primary focus, since there was potential. But I guess its called Muv Luv for a reason =P

prismheart said:
I just saw that the OP changes at episode 20!

Really? abit late but good news, I do like the OP but its about time to change it~
AsakurabakaOct 28, 2012 3:18 PM
Oct 28, 2012 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
So... weren't there aliens in this show at one point? Did I accidentally watch a rerun of Infinite Stratos or do the BETA just have a gentleman's agreement not to attack during harem building time?
Oct 28, 2012 3:35 PM
Jan 2011
not bad episode.

my only complaint is the quality of the animations. seems like they rushed where we get odd looking faces from time to time especially for Yui, which is unfortunate during those cute blushing moments. the flashback also seem long and unecessary, as if we forgot the epic fight between Lt. Cui and Yuuya, followed by the love confession from Cui.

I don't mind the change from gorey aliens to harem build up, I just wish they put a little more effort in the animating those characters
Oct 28, 2012 3:47 PM
Oct 2011
Xawddre said:
not bad episode.

my only complaint is the quality of the animations. seems like they rushed where we get odd looking faces from time to time especially for Yui, which is unfortunate during those cute blushing moments. the flashback also seem long and unecessary, as if we forgot the epic fight between Lt. Cui and Yuuya, followed by the love confession from Cui.

I don't mind the change from gorey aliens to harem build up, I just wish they put a little more effort in the animating those characters

Maybe they will redraw some things like the faces for the Blue-Rays?
Oct 28, 2012 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
This was actually pretty good. Cui is kinda cute and Cryska's story seems interesting.
Oct 28, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Yuuya and Yui having lunch together , and there we have Yui spacing out... XD
so cute...
Oct 28, 2012 4:41 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode, yuuya's harem is awsome.
Episode 5/5
The only thing that could make this anime better is more mecha action.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 28, 2012 4:49 PM

Jul 2011
Oh mai gawd , this episode is full of hnnnnggg.... XD

Especially at the jealous waifu Cui there...
Oct 28, 2012 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
Yui made me LOL hard especially with her Expressions during this episode...
Cui is making me want to scream "JUST GO AHEAD AND DO IT WITH YUUYA ALREADY! STOP TEASING!"

Love Triangle Development now......the 24th Episode can't come soon enough...
Oct 28, 2012 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
angelslayerX said:
>Do you like carrots?

Obvious Kasumi-reference.

lol nice catch. Totally forgot about that one. My memory must have leaked into some alternate reality or something...
Oct 28, 2012 5:57 PM

Apr 2011
So if the F-22 Raptor (lol) is in here mechanized what about an SU-47 Bekut? Or better yet, a PAK F/A?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 28, 2012 6:37 PM
Jan 2008
Terrible episode, I'm finally dropping this bad show.
Oct 28, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2012
It was pretty good. I am honestly waiting for someone to die though, it feels as though the plot hasn't advanced much in the last few episodes.

How many episodes are left?
Oct 28, 2012 7:03 PM

Apr 2011
I like the harem scenes. I think this is part of some development. First, was Crsyka's feelings for Yuuya, second the bonding between Yuuya and Leon, and also Yui's feelings towards him.

I'm not probably sure but this could probably use this for build up for future episodes. I haven't played the VN but I read that muvluv extra was a harem dating game and ML Unlimited is a combination of both harem and mecha, and also the reality of war against the PTSD inducing BETA.

I prediction that there'll be serious tensions in later episodes.
Oct 28, 2012 7:20 PM
Feb 2012
Too much romance.

Yui is being downgraded, becoming all lovey dovey. I want more fighting.
Oct 28, 2012 8:00 PM

Jul 2011
Xatn said:
It was pretty good. I am honestly waiting for someone to die though, it feels as though the plot hasn't advanced much in the last few episodes.

How many episodes are left?

17/24

7 more to go...!
Oct 28, 2012 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
"That's pretty impressive, getting drunk off orange juice"

This episode was so epic. It keeps getting better and better for me every week. Yui was so cute when she was jealous and Cui was adorable planning out the honeymoon. The world is being invaded by aliens, countless cities and ppl dying and Yuuya has the time to make a harem...., truly a man amongst men! I cant wait to see Argos take on the americans, it promises to be insanely epic!

Also we get some history on Yuuya's past in the next episode..., cant wait for some mecha action! I didnt think i could love this anime any more, and it keeps surprising me. Truly one of the best for last season and this one as well.

Episode Naxcore: 5 out of 5
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 28, 2012 8:29 PM

Jul 2011
JohnGalt89 said:
So... weren't there aliens in this show at one point? Did I accidentally watch a rerun of Infinite Stratos or do the BETA just have a gentleman's agreement not to attack during harem building time?

Remember that this is not Kamchatka base where the front lines are always facing BETA attacks and now place is now at Yukon base , where BETA attacks are quite easy to spot and settle down.

tsubasalover said:
About how the twins are always together in flashback.

China girl always gets in the way between OnoD's character and Hime girl. China girl is satisfied with fighting against strong one, and into her own world. US is too strong for China girl, though. Dates with the twins, and solving older twin's worry.

Oh, so it was for her to teach him martial art. This time US guy is getting in the way and fighting.

Special ED? I think it was by Aki Misaki

Revise the World by Ayami

Naxrrhid said:
"That's pretty impressive, getting drunk off orange juice"

This episode was so epic. It keeps getting better and better for me every week. Yui was so cute when she was jealous and Cui was adorable planning out the honeymoon. The world is being invaded by aliens, countless cities and ppl dying and Yuuya has the time to make a harem...., truly a man amongst men! I cant wait to see Argos take on the americans, it promises to be insanely epic!

Also we get some history on Yuuya's past in the next episode..., cant wait for some mecha action! I didnt think i could love this anime any more, and it keeps surprising me. Truly one of the best for last season and this one as well.

Episode Naxcore: 5 out of 5

Same , you summarize what i was gonna say...

Though for next episode I'd like to see more TSF battles , especially with the Yuuya against Scarlet Twins fight.

5 out of 5 for me as well , despite quite a number of graphical issues there.
Oct 28, 2012 8:30 PM

Jan 2011
mrjag said:

You should be saying this at like episode 5 or 6, not 17.
Oct 28, 2012 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
mrjag said:

lol, a bit late haha, I considered it in the island arc but watching shitty anime makes me enjoy the really good things much more.

Too bad this started promising gore and action and shit and it turned into a generic harem
Oct 28, 2012 8:35 PM

Jul 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
mrjag said:

You should be saying this at like episode 5 or 6, not 17.

I don't blame the guy.

Some people watch this for the mecha fight , BETA guro and action.

While some of us are seeing the relationship between Yui and Yuuya , Cryska , Cui and other harem girls.

Also to add up to that is the sketching is taken to it's worst , some parts of the show wasn't that detailed , had defects and etc.
Oct 28, 2012 9:00 PM

Oct 2012
Yui needs to be more aggressive in situations like this. She's being way too passive...
Oct 28, 2012 9:10 PM
Jul 2011
MichaelJohn said:

Its not Revise the World till ep 20 . this is speacial ED . [ Snow Maiden ] by Misato Aki. It can be seen in the ending credit.
Oct 28, 2012 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
Muvluv Alternative: Total Jealousy
Oct 28, 2012 9:21 PM

Oct 2011
Good build up episode. Loved the character development and interactions, and the tension between Leon and Yuuya was developed fairly well.

The girls' jealous faces were just priceless, and the harem is finally complete. Guess everything will be going to hell soon.
Oct 28, 2012 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
When does the full version of that snow maiden song coming out?
Oct 28, 2012 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
This was one the better episodes in a while. I loved the tender moment that Cryska and Yuuya shared in the park. I'm curious though if Yuuya doesn't recognize that Cryska is falling in love with him or if he is intentionally trying to redirect her focus so he can get closer to Yui. Either way they came dangerously close to making a real connection. Looking forward to what follows.

Speaking of Yui, "So you like carrots?" I guess she is new to small talk. Plus I should be relieved that shes finally trying to make her move. And the way that Yuuya grabbed her hand as they ran out of the bar! I was hoping that Yuuya had something more substantial than sword fighting lessons that he wanted to ask Yui, but an in's an in.

Cui was actually adorable this episode. Shes really starting to win me over, if only that her personality is 180 degrees from the other girls. However I highly doubt that she stands a serious shot with Yui. I would like to see him end up with Cryska to be honest. I think he would be good for her and might get her and Inia out of that toxic, commie environment. I'm interested in who others think will be Yuuya's girl.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Oct 28, 2012 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
Oh BETAs were art thou?

Also, more great QUALITY with some of those faces.
Oct 28, 2012 10:07 PM
Nov 2007
By the way this anime is going lately you would think there wasn't an alien threat going on....
Oct 28, 2012 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
When did this turn into an Harem?! i feel stupid for not noticing it since that beach episode..lol.
Oct 28, 2012 10:51 PM

Sep 2012
Loved it and I hope leon get his butt kicked by yuuya, I hate his character.
Oct 28, 2012 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
katsu044 said:
When did this turn into an Harem?! i feel stupid for not noticing it since that beach episode..lol.

Knowing this comes from a Ero Visual Novel should be enough of a sign. Hell, in there Yuuya is banging these girls left and right in the game.
Oct 29, 2012 12:06 AM

Nov 2009
Wow this turned into harem which is my most hated genre. Oh well its kinda too late to drop it now....
Oct 29, 2012 1:03 AM

Sep 2010
More bitches. Pile on the bitches! I'M LOVING IT!
Oct 29, 2012 2:28 AM

Jul 2011
TBH , I was expecting this introduction , but mah dreams were shattered when Cui said she wanted to go honeymoon with Yuuya.. LOL

Oct 29, 2012 4:19 AM
Oct 2011
Seems there are 8 more episode to go. The team might have plan a way to spice up the anime with a few harem episode. Guess that it will end up beta chewing up yuuya's potential of one by one like a pacman leaving only yui and the scarlet twins.

Wiki seems to wrote that leon was a rival to yuuya. Though through ep17 , it seems to look different. More like they are buddies who understand each other through fist but their conversation would never agree lol.
Oct 29, 2012 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
lol, this just turned into a harem :P
Oct 29, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
MichaelJohn said:

I heard it (and I'm the one who submitted it to be added) from the special ep. (aired before ep. 15), so I know that the Special ED aired only for this ep. is not that.

Miera said:
Its not Revise the World till ep 20 . this is speacial ED . [ Snow Maiden ] by Misato Aki. It can be seen in the ending credit.

This.
tsubasaloverOct 29, 2012 8:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 29, 2012 8:54 AM

May 2010
Damn Yuuya he is surrounded with a lot sexy girls and yet he remain clueless about it !
Oct 29, 2012 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
CUI added to the OP, yay !!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
this episode made me laugh Yui's jealousy and the way she "unknowingly" stalked yuuya was hilarious but in a way cute :)
Cryska's realization was heartwarming she's been through a lot, Inia solved most of her loneliness. Now she's learning the concept of "love"

Cui is a complete 180 from everyone she's funny but thats about it :P

I have a question for those of you who are [a lot] more into the Muv Luv universe: How did the Beta get to Earth did they ride on meteors/astroids or can they survive through the atmosphere (sorry i might have missed this)
Oct 29, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2011
ZetaGanja said:
I have a question for those of you who are [a lot] more into the Muv Luv universe: How did the Beta get to Earth did they ride on meteors/astroids or can they survive through the atmosphere (sorry i might have missed this)

Been wondering about this for a while too..., we saw them on the moon i think(?), so how did they get down to earth?

OT: For those who played Final Fantasy 8, when i first saw the beta on the moon then on earth, the first thing that came to my mind was the 'Lunar Cry' lol
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 29, 2012 11:15 AM
May 2009
Naxrrhid said:
ZetaGanja said:

Been wondering about this for a while too..., we saw them on the moon i think(?), so how did they get down to earth?

OT: For those who played Final Fantasy 8, when i first saw the beta on the moon then on earth, the first thing that came to my mind was the 'Lunar Cry' lol

They were first sighted on Mars near the end of the 1950s; first encountered on the Moon in the late 1960s. The Kashgar Hive landed on Earth early 1970s.

Also, I find it funny everyone's ignoring the first part of the episode. You know.

ALTERNATIVE III

Anyway, Kasumi clone etc etc
Oct 29, 2012 11:22 AM

Jan 2011
It's official, they renamed this show to Much-Love Alternative: Total Harem.
Lots of potential, but they fucked up as if they were J.C. Staff. Historical animation quality, fascinating story depth and uber high-tech graphical animations of doom.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 29, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:

Interesting that you know there is a harem being built in Total Eclipse only now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2011
...Its pretty obvoious almost no one here played the VNs.

Well, whateva, lets just go on with some more romatic scenes. Did you all just forgot episode 2?

Since the anime almost needs that you know from the BETA and the 5 Alternative Plans beforehand, Im gonna shortly summarize it.

> BETA land on earth
> Planes do shit against them cuz Laser Class
> First TSF developed
> G-Bombs developed (Heavy firin, but they may have side effect like an atomic bomb and make the land almost useless, so they dont use them often)
> China Russia Europe Mainland compeltely overrun (iirc).
> 5 Billion People died already (yes, only 1/6 of humanity is alive).
> Human cant communicate with them, try anyway (and fail, more than one time)

Yuuya currently a Test Pilot, and as such, on the, more or less, safe Final Defense Line.

Since this plays in the Alternative Universe and Yuuya now more or less Japanese I expect:

Its like the VNs and the very first episodes: FIrst regular anime-harem stuff, then it develops little more drama,
Oct 29, 2012 11:55 AM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
MasterMeNL said:

Interesting that you know there is a harem being built in Total Eclipse only now.

Secondaries and/or people who figured the show was only going to be MATURE, EDGY GORE from the first two episodes. Not that TE

ZetaGanja said:

Oct 29, 2012 11:57 AM
Jul 2012
angelslayerX said:

You're going to be disappointed as well. TE is almost entirely separate from Alternative. It has about as much relation to the trilogy as Fate does to Tsukihime.

The only real cross-over will be when they eventually take part in Ouka, and even then, the novels haven't gone that far and it is extremely unlikely that they'll be anything more than one of the diversions at another location.

LordofHomoOct 29, 2012 12:02 PM
Oct 29, 2012 12:04 PM

Jun 2011
LordofHomo said:
angelslayerX said:

You're going to be disappointed as well. TE is almost entirely separate from Alternative. It has about as much relation to the trilogy as Fate does to Tsukihime.

The only real cross-over will be when they eventually take part in Ouka, and even then, the novels haven't gone that far and it is extremely unlikely that they'll be anything more than one of the diversions at another location.

Well, im not really into cross-overing characters. Idc if we actually see Captain Sagiri, the rebllion could only be used as a plot and it would be shame if it wasnt. Still, i dboubt Yuuya gonna get his happy harem ending. His harem gonna decrease with time or else I wont accept this as canon in the MuvLuv verse and give it a 4 by default. If they do a pretty damm good job at showin how humanity struggles to fight the beta, instant 9/10.
Oct 29, 2012 12:29 PM
Jul 2012
angelslayerX said:
Well, im not really into cross-overing characters. Idc if we actually see Captain Sagiri, the rebllion could only be used as a plot and it would be shame if it wasnt. Still, i dboubt Yuuya gonna get his happy harem ending. His harem gonna decrease with time or else I wont accept this as canon in the MuvLuv verse and give it a 4 by default. If they do a pretty damm good job at showin how humanity struggles to fight the beta, instant 9/10.

At best, there'll be a reference to the coup or Sadogashima. That's it. Much like the Yuuhi flashback, the most you're going to see of the main trilogy is a few references here and there; never anything direct. Like I said, it's almost entirely separate from the main trilogy.

As for the ending, that's all up in the air. The novels are to be concluded with the VN when that comes out next year, so the staff have to find a way of making a satisfying ending that suits both fans of the franchise and anime only fans. It's a bit of a pickle, really as they run the risk of spoiling the VN, or they bring out an anime original end which could be rather weak.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.