Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Post New Reply
Poll: Sword Art Online Episode 17 Discussion

Jul 20, 2016 4:43 PM

Ok episode. Surprised to find that Sugu is Leafa. Dame she will be disappointed again :/ also the last since man that bast*rd needs to die

Jul 24, 2016 6:55 PM

Sooooo....how does it just so happen that the NerveGear is also capable of altering human memories, which was an experiment designed exclusively by RECT employees, long after the release of Sword Art Online? Can someone explain this to me? Even if it includes spoilers.

Without an explanation, it just seems implausible and headache-y to play along with.

3/10

Jul 25, 2016 10:08 AM

Brain torture using sensorial stimuli.

Jul 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Lap1 said:

That's impossible. He said that he would be able to ALTER human memories. From what I can interpret from your explanation, you're suggesting that a simple change in your immediate surroundings has the capability to destroy and replace the very neurons that contain memories. It must have something to do with the waves that the NerveGear used to transmit to kill users who died in Sword Art Online...

Jul 25, 2016 12:41 PM

primaltare said:
Lap1 said:

That's impossible. He said that he would be able to ALTER human memories. From what I can interpret from your explanation, you're suggesting that a simple change in your immediate surroundings has the capability to destroy and replace the very neurons that contain memories. It must have something to do with the waves that the NerveGear used to transmit to kill users who died in Sword Art Online...

No it's more like overwriting, they were trying to turn people into puppets, trying to break their minds and build a new person easier to manipulate, like those CIA-FBI methods but with virtual water and stuff.

The test subjects were in a very receptive dreaming state, they were confident they could brainwash them and even recreate them using mindbreaks and fake dreams.

The waves are just the wi-fi link between brain and computer, it is used to convey informations.

Jul 29, 2016 5:41 PM

Lap1 said:
primaltare said:

No it's more like overwriting, they were trying to turn people into puppets, trying to break their minds and build a new person easier to manipulate, like those CIA-FBI methods but with virtual water and stuff.

The test subjects were in a very receptive dreaming state, they were confident they could brainwash them and even recreate them using mindbreaks and fake dreams.

The waves are just the wi-fi link between brain and computer, it is used to convey informations.

I don't see how you come to those sorts of conclusions. First off, it was never explained how he supposedly "overwrites" and "erases" prexisting memories. Second, it was never shown either. Reference these:
http://everythingwrongwithsao.tumblr.com/post/125755851923/118-sugous-mind-and-memory-controlling
http://operationrainfall.com/2012/11/01/sword-art-online-ep-17-captive-queen/

Jul 30, 2016 2:38 AM

By sending informations and manipulating emotions using the fulldive system. If he can play with the rewarding system on one hand and induce traumatic informations on the other hand he might effectively be able to do interesting things.

Aug 3, 2016 10:00 PM

He can alter memories, noo. Don't do that with Asuna or Kiritu :c

Nov 22, 2016 3:13 AM

is this becoming some sort of asuna rape anime now? -.-
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Nov 22, 2016 3:57 AM
Yiuumii said:
is this becoming some sort of asuna rape anime now? -.-
At least it shows it as motivated by power rather than sex. People commonly assume the latter when its really the former so I am glad they are being accurate in the portrayal of motivations at least.

Jan 10, 8:58 PM
Kinkshamer

Way to ruin the works of Shakespeare.

Mar 19, 10:35 AM

The 1st part and 2nd half part is awesome and amazing episode, but I skip and disappointed that Fairy King Oberon/Suguo caught Asuna in the Alfheim World. Overall, I loved the episode.

9/10 scores

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]