Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2012 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
Basically been watching alot of animes but school reopen so don't have much time so decide to read manga to occupy my time I school. 

The genres I looking for are action,supernatural,Sci-fi,shounen,mecha,romance. The best is that it has not been adapted into an anime yet.

Current manga I am reading
Fairy tail 
The world god only knows
Noblesse

Note: u can see my anime list for some ideas too. 

Thanks a lot in advance
Oct 26, 2012 11:54 PM

Mar 2012
Bump. Any kindsouls willing to help me...
Oct 27, 2012 1:00 AM

Feb 2012
The Breaker good action martial arts manga not adapted to anime.
Deadman Wonderland epic action, supernatural more darked than simple shounen manga with half anime adaptation..
Oct 27, 2012 1:43 AM
May 2012
Some mangas/manhwas that you might enjoy

Beelzebub
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Gamaran
Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy
The Breaker and The Breaker: New Waves
(sadly it seems that I can only think of martial art manga and manhwa lmao)

Also if you like webtoons(like Noblesse) check out
Tower of God
Magician
Girls of the Wild's
God of Highschool
Oct 27, 2012 8:31 PM

Mar 2012
xeek said:
The Breaker good action martial arts manga not adapted to anime.
Deadman Wonderland epic action, supernatural more darked than simple shounen manga with half anime adaptation..

I will be reading The breaker because it seems interesting. As for deadman wonderland i wil be givingl a miss as i am not really into horror... Thanks!

Jordan_ said:
Some mangas/manhwas that you might enjoy

Beelzebub
Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Gamaran
Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy
The Breaker and The Breaker: New Waves
(sadly it seems that I can only think of martial art manga and manhwa lmao)

Also if you like webtoons(like Noblesse) check out
Tower of God
Magician
Girls of the Wild's
God of Highschool

Sorry i am not really into martial arts. I will give some webtoons i go though. Thanks too.
Oct 27, 2012 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
Bump~~ More recommendation please. Romance are acceptable too something like nisekoi...
Oct 27, 2012 9:15 PM

Nov 2009
When asking for Recommendations its often a good Idea to NOT make your list private, sort of makes it easier to recommend things that you haven't read when they can compare their list to yours, however seeing as you haven't read much I will just assume whatever I recommend you haven't read, just words of advice for future reference, anyways I few I can think of include:

- Air Gear (a little bit more mature than a manga like Fairy Tale however not by much, another one of your long running shounen series, Their is romance, the way they fight is also rather interesting, might like it)
- Ao no Exorcist (probably another series similar to fairy tale, this manga has some romance however it is more implied than actual romance, this is probably around the same in terms of maturity rating as fairy tail, a little bit less childish than Air Gear but again not by much)
- Beelzebub (pretty funny shounen with a rather cool MC, liked this one a bit more than the others, implied romance but again never developed upon (atleast not yet), again not very gory or too violent however their is quite a bit of action in this manga)
- Blood Lad (similar to most of the others I have recommended so far, the world and plot is pretty cool, the main character is also rather interesting, may not look like your typical shounen however it really is, though not saying that your typical shounen is a bad thing (things like Fairy tale are your typical shounen) just saying that it is not what I would call a "Dark Shounen" like Deadman Wonderland or World Embryo)
- Busou Renkin (One of the only manga series where I actually own a hard copy of the complete series, It is pretty good, has romance and filled with action)
- Drifters (sort of hesitate to recommend this, one of my personal favorite action manga however... It is very much NOT a shounen, it is very brutal at times and definitely is much darker in tone than a shounen, the plot however is actually very interesting, about a fantasy world in which their is some person who pulls people out of the real world and drops them in to this world, these people are called Drifters and it really is an interesting plot however you of course can read all about it by clicking on the link, just no it can be very gory)
- Gamaran (another shounen manga with the "Mainstream battle manga" format, I do however believe it might be a bit more on the mature side as opposed to fairy tail since if I remember correctly people do die)
- Gangsta. (my favorite action manga due to how unique the manga is, their are a ton of things about this manga that you will never or almost never see in another manga, is very good however again is very gory. Also their may be romance and their might not be, really doesn't come out very often and their are only like 20 chapters at most so far so can't really tell)
- History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (a very long running shounen action manga about martial arts, very unrealistic and over the top at times (especially when it comes to muscles or boobs) It does have romance and surprisingly I read the manga after watching the anime... which I don't usually do since the first like 200 chapters were just a repeat with minor differences however I guess that would go to show that its ok)
- King of Hell (rather funny manwha with some very cool action scenes, personally love the main character when he gets serious, the only problem I can see is not sure if it is available over the internet (online manga reading sites) since I used to by the volumes I never checked to see if it was up online)
- Pastel (don't really like shounen romance so really don't remember which ones I liked since I haven't read any for a few years now and none of them were too memorable, I read a little bit of Nisekoi last year however really can't comment about its "uniqueness" at all, this series was bearable since the main couple did start going out and it is ongoing and centers around them dating, however since characters are a big factor in manga I like I have to be honest and say the only difference between this shounen romance and your next in terms of characters is the art...)
- Sun-ken Rock (cool action, their is romance, however this sure as hell is NOT SAFE FOR WORK if you catch my drift. Its not like its a hentai however it could be considered pretty dam close by some. A very good series, don't think that the nudity (only upper) detracts from the plot however if you can't take that definitely should not pick this up)
- Tripeace (really cool series imo although can't exactly explain why, The ending might be rather rushed however I have not read to the end yet so I can't say for sure. Their is romance... sort of... I don't know if they ever develop on that)
- Ubel Blatt (not as bad as sunken rock however their is upper nudity again, The action is pretty good and the mc is alright however I think it might be on Hiatus as of right now, also might be a rather darker tone than what you are looking for)
- Vinland Saga (would have been my second favorite action manga if it hadn't done such a 180 at a certain point, can't say much more than that since that would be a spoiler, however the action is great and it might still be great however releases are slow so giving it time before I start reading again. However this is definitely more violent and has a darker tone than Fairy Tale)
- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (although labeled an action and romance it really doesn't have an abundance of either, it is more of a comedy however I thought you might like it so put it here)

Their are many more however seeing how you have read so little and are just looking for action (and not some specific plot like, "A manga where the main character has amnesia" for example) you might want to just use the recommendation tab because no lie their are ALOT of good manga out their and it all comes down to opinion.
Oct 27, 2012 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
When asking for Recommendations its often a good Idea to NOT make your list private, sort of makes it easier to recommend things that you haven't read when they can compare their list to yours, however seeing as you haven't read much I will just assume whatever I recommend you haven't read, just words of advice for future reference, anyways I few I can think of include:

- Air Gear (a little bit more mature than a manga like Fairy Tale however not by much, another one of your long running shounen series, Their is romance, the way they fight is also rather interesting, might like it)
- Ao no Exorcist (probably another series similar to fairy tale, this manga has some romance however it is more implied than actual romance, this is probably around the same in terms of maturity rating as fairy tail, a little bit less childish than Air Gear but again not by much)
- Beelzebub (pretty funny shounen with a rather cool MC, liked this one a bit more than the others, implied romance but again never developed upon (atleast not yet), again not very gory or too violent however their is quite a bit of action in this manga)
- Blood Lad (similar to most of the others I have recommended so far, the world and plot is pretty cool, the main character is also rather interesting, may not look like your typical shounen however it really is, though not saying that your typical shounen is a bad thing (things like Fairy tale are your typical shounen) just saying that it is not what I would call a "Dark Shounen" like Deadman Wonderland or World Embryo)
- Busou Renkin (One of the only manga series where I actually own a hard copy of the complete series, It is pretty good, has romance and filled with action)
- Drifters (sort of hesitate to recommend this, one of my personal favorite action manga however... It is very much NOT a shounen, it is very brutal at times and definitely is much darker in tone than a shounen, the plot however is actually very interesting, about a fantasy world in which their is some person who pulls people out of the real world and drops them in to this world, these people are called Drifters and it really is an interesting plot however you of course can read all about it by clicking on the link, just no it can be very gory)
- Gamaran (another shounen manga with the "Mainstream battle manga" format, I do however believe it might be a bit more on the mature side as opposed to fairy tail since if I remember correctly people do die)
- Gangsta. (my favorite action manga due to how unique the manga is, their are a ton of things about this manga that you will never or almost never see in another manga, is very good however again is very gory. Also their may be romance and their might not be, really doesn't come out very often and their are only like 20 chapters at most so far so can't really tell)
- History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (a very long running shounen action manga about martial arts, very unrealistic and over the top at times (especially when it comes to muscles or boobs) It does have romance and surprisingly I read the manga after watching the anime... which I don't usually do since the first like 200 chapters were just a repeat with minor differences however I guess that would go to show that its ok)
- King of Hell (rather funny manwha with some very cool action scenes, personally love the main character when he gets serious, the only problem I can see is not sure if it is available over the internet (online manga reading sites) since I used to by the volumes I never checked to see if it was up online)
- Pastel (don't really like shounen romance so really don't remember which ones I liked since I haven't read any for a few years now and none of them were too memorable, I read a little bit of Nisekoi last year however really can't comment about its "uniqueness" at all, this series was bearable since the main couple did start going out and it is ongoing and centers around them dating, however since characters are a big factor in manga I like I have to be honest and say the only difference between this shounen romance and your next in terms of characters is the art...)
- Sun-ken Rock (cool action, their is romance, however this sure as hell is NOT SAFE FOR WORK if you catch my drift. Its not like its a hentai however it could be considered pretty dam close by some. A very good series, don't think that the nudity (only upper) detracts from the plot however if you can't take that definitely should not pick this up)
- Tripeace (really cool series imo although can't exactly explain why, The ending might be rather rushed however I have not read to the end yet so I can't say for sure. Their is romance... sort of... I don't know if they ever develop on that)
- Ubel Blatt (not as bad as sunken rock however their is upper nudity again, The action is pretty good and the mc is alright however I think it might be on Hiatus as of right now, also might be a rather darker tone than what you are looking for)
- Vinland Saga (would have been my second favorite action manga if it hadn't done such a 180 at a certain point, can't say much more than that since that would be a spoiler, however the action is great and it might still be great however releases are slow so giving it time before I start reading again. However this is definitely more violent and has a darker tone than Fairy Tale)
- Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (although labeled an action and romance it really doesn't have an abundance of either, it is more of a comedy however I thought you might like it so put it here)

Their are many more however seeing how you have read so little and are just looking for action (and not some specific plot like, "A manga where the main character has amnesia" for example) you might want to just use the recommendation tab because no lie their are ALOT of good manga out their and it all comes down to opinion.

Lots of thanks for the long list of recommendation. I never read much manga due to the fact I started anime not very long ago too. Due to school I decide to move to read some manga in school... I already made my list public but there is not much there though. I actually dun knw what type of manga I wan either cos I wan to start some genre first before moving on. For anime I also do not have any kind of specific taste, I just watch what are rated high...
Oct 27, 2012 11:04 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah know the feeling since their really are a shit ton of manga it was overwhelming for me just to decide what to read... A good idea if you are ok with most genres might be to just hit the random button, most manga sites have them.
Oct 27, 2012 11:21 PM

Sep 2011
seany94 said:
Basically been watching alot of animes but school reopen so don't have much time so decide to read manga to occupy my time I school. 

The genres I looking for are action,supernatural,Sci-fi,shounen,mecha,romance. The best is that it has not been adapted into an anime yet.

Fairy tail 
The world god only knows
Noblesse

Thanks a lot in advance
hi seany you said u wanted some recommendations i didnt really get an idea for a manga that u would like so im just going to throw some at u then u can tell me what u think and i can find one that works better for u if i can i suggest........

shugo chara! (its romance with magic, action and adventure has interesting twists in the story but it is long. about a girl that wakes up with guardian characters on her bed she finds out that a group of people that everyone admires also have guardians)

Hana to Akuma (has romance,action,some adventure and supernatural. its about a vampire that takes in a human child that was outside his door,both the girl and the vampire go though a lot but i found it interesting)

Bloody Kiss (has romance,supernatural,shoujo, and action. its about a girl who inherits a mansion when she goes to see what the mansion looks like she encounters a two vampires. she lives with these vampires and goes to school even with one of the vampires trying to claim that she is his bride. i find this anime amusing and worth watching)

if u need more manga or anime just look at my list i ranked by the ones that entertained or touched me the most the lowest ranking ones are the ones that i found either not appealing or i lost interest in.. hope u find a good manga for urself :)
"I was an adventurer like you once then i took an arrow in the knee" ~Skyrim guard
Oct 28, 2012 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Yeah know the feeling since their really are a shit ton of manga it was overwhelming for me just to decide what to read... A good idea if you are ok with most genres might be to just hit the random button, most manga sites have them.

I do try to find random anime but I also wan some review or feedback from ppl so at least I know wat i am in for. Synopsis hardly tell me anything... And Myanimelist hardly has any manga reviews... Mostly available for anime... It is helpful when ppl give me some insight to the anime then i can decide.

aqua247 said:
seany94 said:

Fairy tail 
The world god only knows
Noblesse

Thanks a lot in advance
hi seany you said u wanted some recommendations i didnt really get an idea for a manga that u would like so im just going to throw some at u then u can tell me what u think and i can find one that works better for u if i can i suggest........

shugo chara! (its romance with magic, action and adventure has interesting twists in the story but it is long. about a girl that wakes up with guardian characters on her bed she finds out that a group of people that everyone admires also have guardians)

Hana to Akuma (has romance,action,some adventure and supernatural. its about a vampire that takes in a human child that was outside his door,both the girl and the vampire go though a lot but i found it interesting)

Bloody Kiss (has romance,supernatural,shoujo, and action. its about a girl who inherits a mansion when she goes to see what the mansion looks like she encounters a two vampires. she lives with these vampires and goes to school even with one of the vampires trying to claim that she is his bride. i find this anime amusing and worth watching)

if u need more manga or anime just look at my list i ranked by the ones that entertained or touched me the most the lowest ranking ones are the ones that i found either not appealing or i lost interest in.. hope u find a good manga for urself :)

I will be looking into hana to akuma and bloody kiss. But i hope to find manga that is not adapted to anime cos i would watch the anime instead... Just like anime more i guess... Thanks alot too!!
Oct 28, 2012 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
seany94
here are some more that do not have an anime to them

moe kare!! (has romance, school life,comedy, and shoujo. its about a girl who goes to a new school but cant tell the difference between two boys. also both boys dont know that there is someone that looks like the other. its not really in the categories u want but it is a good read)

immortal rain(has romance,comedy, adventure,horror, tech, and i would say supernatural because there is a guy who is immortal and super strong. its about a bounty hunter who has been taking care of herself by hunting down people and getting a reward and was walking the streets one day and came upon rain who was the one she was suppose to capture but doesnt she challenges him to a battle far and square so she can be better then her grandfather who was killed by rain. )

seirei produce(has romance,gods, supernatural,magic,comedy and action. about a girl who is accident prod was walking home one day then was told by some guy that she needs to believe in him so he can be a god. he ends up going to her house and staying there til he feels like she believes or not)

all of these mangas dont have an anime to them so u cant be tempted to watch them...hope these work for u :)
"I was an adventurer like you once then i took an arrow in the knee" ~Skyrim guard
Oct 28, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
Guyver's been pretty good as far as I've read it, if you don't mind something that's a little old.

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
7 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 11 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.