Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Strike Witches The Movie Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 31, 2014 6:32 PM

The movie was basically more of the same, and that doesn't hurt (except the Neuroi i guess).

I only have two minor issues specifically to the movie (besides that the whole "no pants" idea while allowing for ridiculous amounts of fanservice (of minors..) is stupid):

The mentioned a hive in Nuremberg, but checked Ingolstadt. Given that Nuremberg is way bigger (and they actually had it on the map, unlike some other major cities) it's weird. Maybe the script changed in between or some animator messed up - the level of detail used for Europe is incredible for an anime, they can hardly keep that level of geographical knowledge up in the whole team, and it doesn't really matter anyways, at least not witihin in the movie.

The other thing is Yoshika's wound. Shizuka's hand was drenched in blood after only touching Yoshika's side for a short time. I don't mind the wound being healed and all, Yoshika is after all the witch with the best healing magic, and that outburst may simply have been enough to close it. But we didn't see even a single drop still on her shirt. Heck, it wasn't even damaged. So far, Yoshika did really "just" heal, and was not able to restore the state of objects.

Well, maybe they actually do want to make a point, would be a excellent setup for the next season. I do not really think so, but who knows? Anyways, only a minor issue in the first place.

Good thing i got another 8989 episodes to keep me entertained until season three airs..

Dec 18, 2014 10:30 PM

Just finished watching this. I had heard of Strike Witches but had never seen it before or knew anything about it, but I randomly decided to check out this movie.

It was fun, enjoyed it despite not really knowing a whole lot of the setting or character back-stories.

The fanservice fell off for me very quickly. I don't know if there is some in-universe explanation as to why the girls don't ever wear pants, but I found it more annoying than anything. But in spite of the pantsu everywhere, still had a good time watching this.

Not gonna convert me or make me watch the series, but it was a fun 95 minutes.

Feb 17, 2015 11:54 AM

Just finished watching too.

And only now did I realize Neuroi is like our modern world's warmachines... lol (it's like 50 years ahead of the anime's timeline)

There's even UFO Neuroi, transforming Neuroi that goes from a bomb like shape to a hyper space jet.

And even one time there was a Atomic Bomb Neuroi... lol

And now in the movie... Teleportation... (basically it's now out-technology our modern world, maybe like 100 years ahead of anime's timeline)

Tho other sources says they're based on WWII's developing planes.
The anime's reshape makes it look like our current world's planes and future planes.
Nothing Here

May 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Apologies if I already posted this when I was drunk, and promptly forgot about it.

That said, anyone else think there's a chance that Rosalie:
http://myanimelist.net/character/59085/Rosalie_de_Hemricourt_de_Grunne

retired from the military after the Neuroi war, got married, had kids, and eventually wound up with a (great)granddaughter who loved tanks and joined Panzerfahren at St Gloriana?

http://myanimelist.net/character/69137/Darjeeling
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"

Mar 20, 2016 10:52 PM

And so the friendship saves the day once again. Evil aliens never stood a chance against pantsu lolis. I kinda hoped for the Neuroi Girl to return but unfortunately, nothing happened.
Modified by PleasedCat, Mar 20, 2016 10:59 PM

Jun 29, 2017 3:04 AM

Um, that's it? It had some nice moments mostly from Miyafuji but the entire thing felt like filler. Even victory arrow had a lot more going for it.

Sep 18, 2017 2:54 AM

So, out of curiosity, did anyone else find it jarring that Yoshika's friend was actually wearing a skirt at the beginning instead of just wearing nothing like everyone else in Strike Witches? lol... pointing this out feels a little sad, but ... it wouldn't be Strike Witches without that kind of fanservice ... they don't pull punches in this...

This movie was pretty good, though. I enjoyed it for something I went into with zero expectations.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]