Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 26, 2012 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
Crimson_Cloud said:
Fiji said:
Too cocky.

And Natsu isn't? He is a pretty much a hypocrite.

But anyway.. yes! Finally the Fairy Tail is kicking their ass, cuz' last few chapters they were getting owned pretty badly. Wohooo, let's see some nakama power and characters who got power up through cheating show how badass they really are.

Take the stick out of your butt, mister sarcasm. Coming up with a tactic before the game starts is not cheating.
Oct 26, 2012 1:41 PM

Sep 2012
give it a few chapters, and natsu is going to blast through hell palace. Grey vs Rufus should be a solid fight, and as for jura, my money is on a battle with laxus, though element wise jura would have the upper hand on laxus.
"If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is useless" - Roronoa Zoro
Oct 26, 2012 1:46 PM

Mar 2011
^No matter who Jura ends up paired with (most propably Laxus) I hope he won't lose, cuz it would be too much of an overexageration of FT's abilities. Besides, to me it seems that Laxus already has Orga waiting for him. Maybe Orga will get one shot and be regarded as a small-fry and then Laxus will move on to the big fish? Dunno, but I hope Jura won't lose otherwise the title of the SW will be reduced to dust.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 26, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
Kanic said:
^No matter who Jura ends up paired with (most propably Laxus) I hope he won't lose, cuz it would be too much of an overexageration of FT's abilities. Besides, to me it seems that Laxus already has Orga waiting for him. Maybe Orga will get one shot and be regarded as a small-fry and then Laxus will move on to the big fish? Dunno, but I hope Jura won't lose otherwise the title of the SW will be reduced to dust.

it really wouldn't be exaggerated
Erza defeated 100 monsters alone (and the strongest alone was appearently at saint level), Natsu defeated the twin dragon slayers without using his full power, Laxus single handedly owned Raven Tail with barely any effort
THOSE were exaggerations
compared to that, Laxus defeating Jura seems reasonble

and it wouldn't diminish the title of wizard saint because Laxus extremely strong, probably among the top 10 we've seen so far
Oct 26, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2011
ShiroX said:

Erza defeated 100 monsters alone (and the strongest alone was appearently at saint level), Natsu defeated the twin dragon slayers without using his full power, Laxus single handedly owned Raven Tail with barely any effort
THOSE were exaggerations

and it wouldn't diminish the title of wizard saint because Laxus extremely strong, probably among the top 10 we've seen so far

There's a difference between top 10 and top 5. I think that the list I gave before is correct, if you have any objections feel free to say so. As for the examples you gave: we have seen many times many different mages (among them Natsu/Gray and Sting/Rogue who are not of FT) taking on entire small dark guilds. Which means that Laxus vs Raven wasn't THAT much, especially since Raven Tail weren't given a chance to retaliate. The momment they were hit they were arrested. Maybe they are fodder, maybe they just weren't given a chance. But none of them is SW level to compare it to this. We have seen what the 10 are capable of and I insist that it is far more an exageration.
As for Erza, allow me to quote myself:
Kanic said:
^Firsth things first, (and most importantly) you gotta realise that not everything that is mentioned by each and every character is the absolute truth and that these things should be considered based on the character that tells these things.

Meaning that the pumpkin was merely showing off the quality of the matches. There is no way in hell that that monster was equal to an SW. What did you expect the presentator to say for his own show? "Just some monsters in here, like a walk in the park, no biggie". Besides the actual sentence was that "not even an SW is guaranted to slay it". Simply impliying a high risk. That's all.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 26, 2012 2:58 PM

Sep 2010
I hope Gray kicks Rufus's ass. ^_^
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 26, 2012 3:08 PM

Feb 2012
Interesting chapter, enjoyed it a lot, looking forward to the next one, aka the fight between Grey and Rufus.
Oct 26, 2012 3:15 PM

Aug 2012
Kanic said:
^No matter who Jura ends up paired with (most propably Laxus) I hope he won't lose, cuz it would be too much of an overexageration of FT's abilities. Dunno, but I hope Jura won't lose otherwise the title of the SW will be reduced to dust.

I'll admit that Idk what I want if that happens. If Laxus won I would be pumped, but then I would feel trolled again. If Jura won easily, I would be disappointed as well. A tough fight that goes either way, would make me happy. I just don't wanna see Laxus get owned, or for Laxus to beat Jura without having to go super saiyan so to speak.
Oct 26, 2012 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
YES! FINALLY, THE LONG AWAITED GRAY VS. RUFUS IS HERE!

Wait, What? It's not here yet? wait, NEXT WEEK?! WHfdsFDSJAKLFDSJFD

But seriously, Mashima kinda made it so that Gray's victory is inevitable.

And this "grand" battle is being fought over a single point too!
Oct 26, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2012
luffydragneel said:
Kanic said:
^No matter who Jura ends up paired with (most propably Laxus) I hope he won't lose, cuz it would be too much of an overexageration of FT's abilities. Dunno, but I hope Jura won't lose otherwise the title of the SW will be reduced to dust.

I'll admit that Idk what I want if that happens. If Laxus won I would be pumped, but then I would feel trolled again. If Jura won easily, I would be disappointed as well. A tough fight that goes either way, would make me happy. I just don't wanna see Laxus get owned, or for Laxus to beat Jura without having to go super saiyan so to speak.

I think the best approach would to for jura to lose, but against 2 people, like laxus and erza for example
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 26, 2012 3:36 PM

Mar 2011
jimbob1141 said:
luffydragneel said:

I think the best approach would to for jura to lose, but against 2 people, like laxus and erza for example

I aggree and approve both of these.
KanicOct 26, 2012 4:43 PM
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 26, 2012 3:41 PM

Dec 2010
Kanic said:
ShiroX said:

THOSE were exaggerations

There's a difference between top 10 and top 5. I think that the list I gave before is correct, if you have any objections feel free to say so. As for the examples you gave: we have seen many times many different mages (among them Natsu/Gray and Sting/Rogue who are not of FT) taking on entire small dark guilds. Which means that Laxus vs Raven wasn't THAT much, especially since Raven Tail weren't given a chance to retaliate. The momment they were hit they were arrested. Maybe they are fodder, maybe they just weren't given a chance. But none of them is SW level to compare it to this. We have seen what the 10 are capable of and I insist that it is far more an exageration.
As for Erza, allow me to quote myself:
Kanic said:
^Firsth things first, (and most importantly) you gotta realise that not everything that is mentioned by each and every character is the absolute truth and that these things should be considered based on the character that tells these things.

Meaning that the pumpkin was merely showing off the quality of the matches. There is no way in hell that that monster was equal to an SW. What did you expect the presentator to say for his own show? "Just some monsters in here, like a walk in the park, no biggie". Besides the actual sentence was that "not even an SW is guaranted to slay it". Simply impliying a high risk. That's all.

raven Tail was the only dark guild acting independently of the balam alliance, which should say a lot about their power
they were also a specialized anti FT guild, which makes thier loss against him even more surprising

and wizard saints aren't untouchable (it's not like they are remotely as strong as Makarov)
I'd say Gildarts is above Jellal and Jura
it was implied several times that even Erza has the potential to become a saint

also, Jura hasn't really shown much
he owned Brain (who is probably slightly weaker than Erza), he scored high on the MPF (which doesn't say much since the others were weaklings) and shortly overpowered Jellal (who couldn't use his real strength)
it shows he's really strong, but in no way says he can't be defeated by some of the strongest characters like Laxus

yes, the announcer was most likely exaggerating, but it still shows how strong that monster roughly is
with that, Erza should be close to saint level

btw my top 10 would be:
Zeref, Hades, Makarov, Zero, Gildarts, Blunote, Jellal, Jose, Laxus, Jura
(just roughly, since I don't know how much stronger some of them got post-timeskip)
Oct 26, 2012 3:43 PM

Dec 2010
Kanic said:
jimbob1141 said:
luffydragneel said:

I aggree and aprove both of these.

I could live with that
Oct 26, 2012 4:09 PM
Aug 2011
Roloko said:
I hope Gray kicks Rufus's ass. ^_^

With Mavis' calculation/prediction, that is highly likely.
Oct 26, 2012 5:01 PM

Dec 2011
Well,I think Mavis couldn't think of a good way to beat Jura,because they're all too risky.Especially if Fairy Tail's leader is indeed Erza or Laxus.Also,considering they're the two strongest on the FT team,putting them against Jura could wear them out,even if it's 2v1,and then they would have less members to count on.

On GrayvsRufus,I think it's essential that Rufus is defeated because of his ability,since it'is really useful for this all-out battle,taking him out will make things harder for Sabertooth.

Right now we have:

Fairy Tail:Erza,Laxus,Gray,Gajeel,Juvia.
Sabertooth:Minerva,Orga,Rufus,Rogue,Sting.
Lamia Scale:Jura,Lyon,Cheria.
Mermaid Heel:Kagura,Miliana.

So the fodder is all gone(except for Miliana,I guess).

Since fighting Jura is risky,FT is probably going to aim for the other ones for now,and that also seems to be the case for Sabertooth(as mentioned by Minerva).

After Grayvs Rufus the possible match-ups I see right now are CheriavsJuvia,GajeelvsRogue,LaxusvsOrga,LyonvsSting/Kagura,ErzavsMinerva/Kagura and JuravsKagura could happen too,considering Kagura seems to take anyone on.
Oct 26, 2012 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
WolfWoods said:
So the fodder is all gone(except for Miliana,I guess).

Well both Miliana and Kagura want their vengeance against Jellal, and Erza was seen associating with him. So I don't think it's an accident that Miliana is still participating.
Oct 26, 2012 6:23 PM

Aug 2011
Am i the only one here that finds Mavis "tactic" stupid?
When they waited at the start, they missed out on so many easy to get points. Now all there is left
are the though guys. You could argue that they are now more exhausted but they clearly ain't.
And paring Gray vs Rufus is also stupid since he got owned last time and nothing has changed since then.
Also if Mavis isn't communicating right now, during the battle, why is she talking out loud. It makes her look kind of stupid.

And besides its impossible to predict how these fights would go, w/o being able to look into the future. There are simply way to many variables. And since all the grand magic games are different each year, Mavis could not have known what the final battle would be like.

And lol at the ppl who still think that there is some kind of power scaling in the manga. Mashima clearly has no talent in scaling what so ever. Besides, the power of friendship conquers all anyway.
blackslash32Oct 26, 2012 6:28 PM
Oct 26, 2012 8:38 PM

Aug 2012
blackslash32 said:

Yes.
Oct 26, 2012 9:39 PM
Mar 2010
blackslash32 said:
When they waited at the start, they missed out on so many easy to get points. Now all there is left
are the though guys. You could argue that they are now more exhausted but they clearly ain't.

They avoided being ambushed by stronger people while taking out weaker people. They basically avoided one of them being in the situation where Bacchus was squaring off with Yuka and Toby, and Sting ambushed him from behind and above, and while Yuka and Toby were focused on Sting, Kagura ambushed them from behind.

And paring Gray vs Rufus is also stupid since he got owned last time and nothing has changed since then.

The rules of engagement have vastly changed. In Hidden, Gray was surrounded by scores of decoys that he couldn't hit, or clear away without losing points, forcing him to engage with pinpoint accuracy. He had one guy specifically focusing on him, causing him distraction. Any hit, regardless of whether or not it was enough to defeat you in a real fight was counted as a knock down, and you were held down and forced to wait and restart in a different location.

Those things no longer hold true. This is a real battle now. There are no convenient decoys walking around serving as obstructions and distractions that will cost hordes of points to clear. Rufus can make his own, and Gray will be free to blow them away, or start freezing whole city blocks without penalty. Rufus can blast Gray, and Gray is now free to simply tank the attack, and throw a counter attack into Rufus's teeth.

The bottom line is that there were a whole bunch of rules holding Gray back before. They aren't holding him back anymore.

Also if Mavis isn't communicating right now, during the battle, why is she talking out loud. It makes her look kind of stupid.

She's explaining Team Fairy Tail's strategy to Makarov and the rest of the guild.
Oct 26, 2012 10:38 PM

Jul 2010
FTW Mavis your so cool, how Makarov reacting and the rest of the gang with her strategy.
Makes me wonder if she was this power and cool with predictions why did she die? Or how did she die?

Funny yet again saving Lucy and Yukino.
Hell's palace wow atleast we know Hisui is evil ( I guess)
Ichiya's knock out funny so was Hibiki's , GO Gray!!!your not a loser to me at all.
Finally pay back for Gray hope it's good and Rufus get's owned and beat the crap out of him.
Where's Jellal in this chapter ( already miss him , who's the hooded person?)
Oct 26, 2012 10:53 PM

Apr 2012
Mavis is so awesome =~= her nickname isn't thought of much though. There should be a cooler nick.
Oct 26, 2012 11:43 PM

Apr 2011
Go Mavis :D

Wow so Jura is indeed THAT strong...
Mashima please make Laxus vs Jura :3

The makers fight next week!
Gray kick his a** XD
Oct 27, 2012 2:18 AM
May 2012
MAVIS!!!! She's quite awesome, loled at the reactions of the others....Fairy Tail back in action....Gray redeems his failures!!.

Oct 27, 2012 4:00 AM
Oct 2012
Good chapter. Little Mavis! Next couple of chapters should be good, hopefully individual fights.
Oct 27, 2012 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
I think Laxus would lose against Jura, elementwise as stated so many times before, regardless of his strength. But I remember a few statements/situations:

Erza---> many times told she could easily be a 10WS, first pairing with Jose after taking enormous dmg, and him acknowledging her.
2nd: After her "death" when she's dreaming in etherion she sees a vision of a future where she's dead, and the people of the council give her a honorable 10WS seat.
3rd: no matter how much fodder those monsters were, she prooved strength and willpower.
4th: Why she would be able to defeat/matchup against Jura? Well, she has to have an armor that halves earth magic, so there you have it.

Gildartz---> stated by Makarov dat in terms of magic Jura could easily compare to him

I kinda think Gray will destroy Rufus, and the main fight will be Gray vs. Leon

Laxus will deal with Orga, and I'm not sure how that will turn out (since he's a god slayer) but I'm pretty sure Laxus will be victorious. There's a chance he will move on to fight Jura or Cheria, dunno.

Erza will definitely get Minerva, and after that (depending on Minervas real strength) she will move on Jura.

Gajeel will probably defeat both dragon slayers, or so I hope. I mean, it seems logical.

Juvia might go against Cheria, or Kagura. Or even Minerva, I don't know. Because I kinda think Erza would also fight against Kagura or the cat woman, there's so many opponents with a connection to Erza. I can't put Juvia anywhere here against ST, so I guess she'll be the main force against LS and MH...
We have clear matchups with ST, but we still dont know how the other big fish are gonna fight it.

EDIT: It just came to mind, where is Jellal and the gang? O.O He hasn't been seen in a chapter since she met that girl. And where is she, also? I see some nasty shiat happening predate of the "apocalypse"
kiDnameDSkiaOct 27, 2012 4:39 AM
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Oct 27, 2012 4:34 AM

Mar 2012
Jura is overhyped. :p
Oct 27, 2012 6:17 AM

Mar 2011
Smooched said:
Jura is overhyped. :p

I hope not, but I fear so.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 6:48 AM

Dec 2011
blackslash32 said:

And besides its impossible to predict how these fights would go, w/o being able to look into the future. There are simply way to many variables. And since all the grand magic games are different each year, Mavis could not have known what the final battle would be like.

And lol at the ppl who still think that there is some kind of power scaling in the manga. Mashima clearly has no talent in scaling what so ever. Besides, the power of friendship conquers all anyway.

It isn't stupid.If they just go for the weaker ones,they might get caught in a trap set by the others.Sabertooth was clearly trying to go after FT right away,thanks to Rufus ability at seeing where they are.Thanks to this,Rufus got confused,and couldn't act very well.

Rufus vs Gray is hardly stupid,considering out of FT members abilities,his seems like the most appropriate to face Rufus magic.

Of course it's impossible to predict fights without looking into the future,but this is how a strategist works,he makes strategies for different possible outcomes,by anylising everything about the enemy and telling it to the "soldiers" before the war.Of course it may go wrong,but a great Strategist should be able to predict most things about the battle.And,Mavis isn't stupid,no matter what kind of event the last would be,knowing your enemies abilities would be important anyway.Besides,Porlyusica knew the last day would probably involve everyone of the team.

About power scaling,it's not like many top mangas out there are better anyway.And all of Fairy Tail's could be explained,so that's already good enough.
Oct 27, 2012 8:20 AM
Feb 2011
How about triple threat matches lol i meant three-way matches?
-Laxus vs Jura vs Orga
-Erza vs Minerva vs Kagura
-Gajeel vs Rogue and Sting. oh wait that's a handicapped match whatever Gajeel'll win for sure :)
That way it's gonna be waayyy beyond awesome. I still don't have any ideas for Juvia though. And as for the Laxus and Jura debate, I don't know how FT magic elements work but in Final Fantasy as well as logic, Earth cancels out Lightning (Naruto is an exception though as Lightning cancels out Earth). So, yeah Laxus will be easily pwned if so but we'll see. Maybe he won't end up with Jura after all. Ooh ooh I'm not too late to say this right? Mavis is fckin awesome. Now we know how in the world a cute loli became the first FT master.
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Oct 27, 2012 8:27 AM

Mar 2011
Well, to be fair, despite supporting the Jura>Laxus, we should remember that Laxus has Fairy law, the most broken spell in the manga. So unless someone with Grimoire Law pops up (highly unlikely) we can also safely assume that Laxus would be able to finish this tournament in one second......or "three seoncds" actually XD
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 9:31 AM

Aug 2012
Mavis is cool and all, but it's outside help -_-. And I really just want Natsu to get obliterated after all the bs he does.
Oct 27, 2012 11:07 AM

Mar 2010
Kanic said:
Well, to be fair, despite supporting the Jura>Laxus, we should remember that Laxus has Fairy law, the most broken spell in the manga. So unless someone with Grimoire Law pops up (highly unlikely) we can also safely assume that Laxus would be able to finish this tournament in one second......or "three seoncds" actually XD

I might be wrong but I doubt that Fairy Law would be any help in this tournament. Judging by how Fairy Law reacted (or didn't react) during Laxus' arc, it's safe to say that it affects only REAL enemies of Fairy Tail not ALL of their opponents. It COULD affect ST (though, I find that very unlikely since the real villain was their leader not the guild itself). However, there is no contestant that tries to kill/seriously harm any members of FT to our (and most likely Laxus' too) knowledge yet. Heck, most of them are friends of FT so I doubt there's someone Fairy Law would recognise as a REAL enemy atm.
Oct 27, 2012 11:34 AM

May 2011
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. All I hear is Jura, Laxus, Erza, Jura Laxus, Erza. We have yet to see what Kagura can REALLY do. What if Mashima shocks us all by having her deal with Jura. She would definitely prove her worth that way and it would be the best way to get rid of that bald nuisance. I would also take her threat to Jellal A LOT more seriously. However if she doesn't draw her sword, then they at least stalemate/exhaust each other long enough for Laxus and Erza to show up after dealing with Sabretooth and complicate things. Perhaps Erza's relationship to Jellal would make her draw her sword?

It's also great that Mavis turned out to be a strategist. Her role was perfectly implemented.

Let's go Gray!

My match-ups
Gray VS Rufus
Juvia VS Lyon (would be funny)
Erza VS Minerva
Laxus VS Orga and Sting (Sting jumps in while Orga's getting handled)
Gajeel VS Rogue (Rogue reveals he never got serious against Natsu)
Jura/Cheria vs Kagura/Milliana (together or individually)

Though I really wish Laxus would lay the smackdown on every single contestant (personal bias), I think this would be the best way to handle it. As much as I would love seeing Laxus annihilate Jura, I would rather he pull his punches here and get really serious in a life or death situation in the future, not in a game.
Kayaba-Oct 27, 2012 11:43 AM
Oct 27, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2011
^
Maybe we all aggreed silently that "it's not Kagura's time yet". I think Kagura will emerge in the centre of attention in the future as Jellal's punisher...the result of his past (in whichever way that manifests). In other words, as long as Jellal is not present, we can't divert our attention to kagura since , without Jellal, she is merely a new someone, strong ofc but new nonetheless, so it's kinda hard to imagine her getting any attention for now.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 11:56 AM

Aug 2012
ya I agree with Kanic, Kagura drawing her sword on Erza in this battle would in my opinion be a waste of character... She needs it for the future, where Jellal will die, Erza will go insane and 50% of the problems of this world will vanish. No, srsly. I also see her in some other arc as a lead role, where they are hunting Jellal.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Oct 27, 2012 12:03 PM

May 2011
But wouldn't it be even more interesting/shocking if Kagura without drawing her sword is casually holding off Jura? That would leave even more anticipation for this future arc you guys speak off. Not to mention, everyone will take her threat more seriously.

I'm all for Kagura dealing with Jura, even if she's not serious.
Oct 27, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2011
Ahh, I understand a bit more clearly now. Yes it would be, maybe it would be even more promising if she actually managed to defeat him (though highly exaggerating if she can and Laxus can't). But yeah it would be. Would be nice if Mavis acknlowedged her as a factor that she failed to calculate and estimate properly. Would be much more thrilling for the time that she meets Jellal
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
This was badass!!!

Gray please kick his ass!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Oct 27, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2012
-Shuda- said:
But wouldn't it be even more interesting/shocking if Kagura without drawing her sword is casually holding off Jura? That would leave even more anticipation for this future arc you guys speak off. Not to mention, everyone will take her threat more seriously.

I'm all for Kagura dealing with Jura, even if she's not serious.

Only problem with that, is then Kagura would easily be considered top 5 or higher in all of Fairy Tail(if she casually held off/defeated Jura without even getting serious) It would be cool I agree, I'm just not sure a lot of people would accept that. If it did happen, it would take a lot of explaining to justify. Such as being able to drain people's powers, or possibly a Zeref connection or something. Or that Jura was highly over-hyped, which would be another troll.
Oct 27, 2012 3:36 PM

Mar 2011
Holding off Jura wouldn't be THAT much, since Laxus/Erza can most propably do as much themselves, and considering what we have seen from Kagura it would be fair to say she can do as much, especially if she is to be considered a future enemy of Erza(as it was foreseen already).
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
But if Jura is as powerful as you believe (I believe you said at least top 10, and equal to or above Gildarts) then I think it would mean a lot. If Jura was fighting seriously and couldn't defeat Kagura who wasn't even trying (assuming she isn't just dodging and running) then that would put her above Jura and Gildarts.Though I still put Gildarts above Jura, especially if they fought since Gildarts' magic is perfectly suited to wreck Jura's magic. So at the very least she would be very close to the top, aside from possibly other assumed to be powerful people such as other guild masters and such.

EDIT: Plus, we all know Gildarts is above Erza and Kagura is being made to be her future enemy so she's most likely very equal to Erza in power. But of course this is all speculation, Jura may not be as strong as advertised.
luffydragneelOct 27, 2012 3:57 PM
Oct 27, 2012 4:01 PM

Mar 2011
Whoah, hold a sec. Just holding him off would be enough to mean she surpasses him and Gildarts?

Also, I must explain the image I have in my head. One scenario that I have in my head is her sword being cursed and he who wields it suffers from some kind of plague(hence Kagura's blodd cough we saw back then). The reason she took up that sword was to slay Jellal, and therefore she wont draw until she meets him (possibly meaning that she might seal her death if she were to draw). So basically rather than putting her over Jura and Gildarts I assume that her individual abilities are just equal to Erza and her sword of legendary status is what might put her above Jura when drawn. In short:
-When sheathed she is equal to Erza (and therefore able to hold off Jura without meaning that she stands above him)
-But when drawn she might truly be top5.
Of course the above are all my opinion and only a theory.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 4:01 PM

May 2011
@luffydragneel

Kagura should be well aware of what Jellal is capable of. She doesn't seem the type to boast around or overestimate herself.

I'd say once again that Kagura is the wild-card here, and don't forget, she has NEVER drawn her sword before. Meaning she is someone who hasn't caught the attention of the magic world because she has never actually tried to. So I wouldn't be too upset if she was up there, it would be awesome actually.

Anyways, only time will tell.
Kayaba-Oct 27, 2012 4:07 PM
Oct 27, 2012 4:04 PM

Aug 2012
^ I like that theory, and now I understand a little better what you were saying. Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but what if Erza fights Jura? With her earth empress armor, or whatever she would call it, she could quite possibly beat Jura.
Oct 27, 2012 4:11 PM

Mar 2011
50% off damage doesn't necessarily mean victory. C'mon I'm sure you've played RPG yourself and must know that some bosses are hard mode even with 50% off effects XD.

But to keep it within the manga, Erza used some kind of anti-flame/blast armor against the tree-dude(what was his name again) in order to block some of his fiery/blast attacks...and that armor actually shattered (though it protected her from one shot). So, basically, these armors aren't "absolute". Jura might as well be able to shatter such an armor himself, not to mention that he also posseses volcanic erruptions-spells(so if he were to switch,..who knows). We can't get into a battle THAT much since it's never only about specs. In fact I am a little uneasy about hyping Jura cuz last time I did so with Sting I ended up blutuntly wrong about him(so fail).
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
lol, right. Though Erza could very well be extremely strong right now. Natsu with S.O easily handled two DS, who yes may have been a teeny bit over-hyped but sting still took out a guild master (assuming he was really the master) and one-shotted Bacchus. Erza shocked everyone in the pandemonium stage(faces were priceless), so she may very well be a match for Jura now. But yeah this is just my thinking, could be wrong. And don't feel bad, almost everyone expected the twin slayers to be beastly, Mashima trolled us hard on that one.

EDIT: Just throwing this out there but every time I see your picture I think, "What the hell are we even talking about, Super Buu > everyone' xD
Oct 27, 2012 4:25 PM

Mar 2011
^ I don't know if they are or not(you said yourself he took out Genma when fueled by rage). I can't tell what Hiro has in store for Sting and Rogue. As for the bacchus one-shot. I think he simply caught him off-guard, and these short duels aren't to be taken seriously, at least I don't. I know that Hiro does those on purpose to keep up his fast pace

(and truth be told for me that is the most redeeming feature of this manga, even if sometimes it requires the sacrifice of other aspects, like good story telling as many people have complained about)(<-out of topic though , :D)

As for what you said about Erza being a match against Jura, I can only hope that if someone from FT were to be proven a match for Jura I would like that to be Laxus. It's more reasonable than Erza and much more satisfactory, since Erza always has a fair ammount of attention ALWAYS and Laxus only sometimes.
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 4:32 PM

Aug 2012
^ Gotta agree there, Laxus needs to shine more. He's had one badass moment already with Raven Tail, would LOVE to see him give Jura all he can handle. Though like mentioned before, earth is usually lightning's weakness, which would make it even MORE impressive. I really wanna see Gajeel get his due after Natsu stole his moment. Though I'm kinda worried that Sting may have awakened more of his power and may give Gajeel trouble, which would make people start saying stuff like "Natsu sooo much > than Gajeel". Which I hope really isn't the case.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I can't believe I've been talking so much about Erza lately. She was never one of my favorites, which is weird cause it probably comes off that way. My personal fav characters in FT would be Gildarts, Laxus, Natsu and Gajeel, and probably Juvia or Wendy 5th. Maybe I'm starting to like her more, who knows. lol
luffydragneelOct 27, 2012 4:36 PM
Oct 27, 2012 4:38 PM

Mar 2011
+10000 about the Gajeel/Natsu issue. I certainly hope not. Actually if I'm not mistaken Sting kinda avoided straightforward conflict and resorted to hit and run tactics(not to mention he had a sigh of relief when he heard Natsu wasn't there). So in other words, chances are that won't happen (I think at least).

As for the earth>lightning, well , it all depends on the author(truly). And no I'm not refering to Naruto. Think of it like this: Fire<Water, but if Fire is strong enough and constant it can boil and vaporise water, so Fire>Water(!?). I brought up this example on purpose cuz it's the most classic to prove my point. So basically if Hiro decides to, he can make lightning>Earth and explain it in whatever fashion he likes
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 27, 2012 4:40 PM

Aug 2012
I would like the idea of Laxus getting moar attention but I still think he's a bad choice for Jura. Anyway, I like your idea about the cursed sword, I have explained it to myself in a similar way also.

Well, all what's left is to see it.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.