9.9%
I hate it...
54.1%
I've never seen it
25.6%
I dunno
10.5%
172 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 3, 2008 9:00 AM
Jul 2008
The first HSM was pretty interesting for kids...but the second one killed the whole franchise in my opinion. If I watch the third it'll be because someone put it illegally on the internet.
Nov 3, 2008 11:29 AM
May 2008
I won't say I hate it but I certainly don't like it either. I'm not into any movie where people burst into song at random though =l
Nov 3, 2008 11:38 AM
Aug 2007
Anomalous said:
Last time I checked people were saying that HSM4 would be about the younger students who were introduced in HSM3. Which is still stupid, since they were all really boring, but hey.

I am seventeen and love the HSM franchise. Sure, it's unrealistic, stupid, and corny -- but that's why it's so darn fun. The writers obviously either had no idea or didn't care how school/musicals/baseball/scholarships/whatever actually worked and that makes it a lot of fun to laugh and facepalm at all of the inaccuracies. And a lot of the unrealistic romance and random song and dance (and musicals have been doing this since time began, so please don't credit Disney for coming up with it) are entertaining because they'd never happen in real life; they're there not for realism but to make the audience smile and feel like the world is perfect for a little while.

Then there's the fandom, which is kind of epic in that there's a ton of teen and adult fans who love to make fun of HSM, then turn around and write fanfiction that is actually good. Which is cool by my book.

And besides that, it gets kids into musicals. And that will never be a bad thing.

QFT~
Nov 3, 2008 1:19 PM

Jan 2008
Complete shit. Please, someone kill the creators before they make more. It's for the greater good.
Nov 3, 2008 1:29 PM

Dec 2007
Please inform me, oh people that know this stuff:

Wasn't HSM supposed to be replaced by a punk-rock-thing version called "Rock Camp"? That's what we were led to believe.

Also... Why in these movies every pretty and talentous teen gather in the same place? It's not normal or realistic... Maybe they were all cloned and live in a basement in Hollywood?
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 3, 2008 1:56 PM

Aug 2008
SWEET I CANT WAIT OMG.I JUST LIKE LOVED ALL THE OTHERS!

Not a hint of sarcasm in there.
Nov 3, 2008 1:57 PM

Aug 2008
ladyxzeus said:

Wasn't HSM supposed to be replaced by a punk-rock-thing version called "Rock Camp"? That's what we were led to believe.

Also... Why in these movies every pretty and talentous teen gather in the same place? It's not normal or realistic... Maybe they were all cloned and live in a basement in Hollywood?

"Camp Rock" was another movie thing that Disney did, more closely related to the Jonas Brothers, and I think the plot was something along the lines of going to a camp full of talentless people, and letting "Disney magic" do its work. Bam! Decent singers.

I have to say though, I think Ashley Tisdale would hold my attention more if she did less singing and more stripping.

Nov 3, 2008 3:46 PM

Sep 2008
Razma said:
SWEET I CANT WAIT OMG.I JUST LIKE LOVED ALL THE OTHERS!

Not a hint of sarcasm in there.

The sad thing is we have full grown adults waiting at theaters the nigh before to get a good seat fighting off horards of children who are thinking these sad thoughts O.ot
Nov 3, 2008 4:33 PM

Mar 2008
if ever my little sister buys these DVDs, i'll burn them.
Then tell her they were misplaced =D
HSM isn't all that great imo. Some JoBro songs are addicting tho ' :S :S :S : S: S: S: S: S:S
Nov 3, 2008 5:15 PM

Sep 2008
jrsygrl0601 said:
HSM isn't all that great imo. Some JoBro songs are addicting tho ' :S :S :S : S: S: S: S: S:S

If anyone will buy them them sell them, no need to burn when you can get some cash
Nov 3, 2008 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
Neverender said:
cha-ching

To me, having girls obsess over this stuff and pop stars like the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyruz, etc is better than them dyeing their hair black and obsessing over bands like chiodos all while calling eachother "dude."

More power to them for making insane amounts of money off of stupid shit and and preventing little girls from becoming scene girls (or at least slowing down the process).
I lolled.
Perelman, martyr
Nov 3, 2008 5:26 PM

Mar 2008
arturo said:
jrsygrl0601 said:

Which reminds me, today, I found out one of my close friends owns the DVDs of High School Musical 1 and 2, and she's probably going to buy the third one as well. *facepalm* I died a little inside.
D: D: D: D: D: D: what 1 and 2 D: D: D: oh jeez xD
Nov 3, 2008 5:28 PM

Mar 2008
Rpgwiz99 said:
jrsygrl0601 said:

If anyone will buy them them sell them, no need to burn when you can get some cash
I do not promote such foolishness :x -Burns one- xD i'm ridding the world of such things one DVD at a time D: D: D: xD
Nov 3, 2008 8:24 PM

Jul 2007
ladyxzeus said:

Wasn't Camp Rock really, really horrible (like, even HSM fans hated it)? That's what I've been told.

oh, these little earthquakes
Nov 3, 2008 8:33 PM

Apr 2007
I saw highschool musical on ice earlier this year.lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 8:39 PM
Dec 2007
great!!!! all i can say i like kelsy and sharpay..lol
Nov 3, 2008 10:27 PM

Mar 2008
Rpgwiz99 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
I liked the first 2 movies, and I plan on watching the 3rd movie for free when it is released to DVD.

O.o

Are you that shocked that I loved HSM1 & HSM2?

I did mention earlier in another thread or topic that I do love and watch disney movies.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Nov 3, 2008 11:04 PM

Aug 2007
Chavez said:
In general I find musicals disgusting.

Across the Universe was beautiful though.
Nov 4, 2008 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
arturo said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Rpgwiz99 said:
Baby_Naruto said:
I liked the first 2 movies, and I plan on watching the 3rd movie for free when it is released to DVD.

O.o

Are you that shocked that I loved HSM1 & HSM2?

I did mention earlier in another thread or topic that I do love and watch disney movies.
Classic Disney > teeny bopper Disney

Huh? =/

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Nov 4, 2008 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
I have to admit that I liked the first movie when it came out, but i watched it on disney channel and plan on never ever to spend any money to watch the third movie. I watched the second movie with my cousins that has it on DVD. (they're 11 and 13, let them enjoy it while they can) And I didn't like it as much as the first one, it was at the best just an okay to me. The third movie is out in cinemas and I'm not gonna watch it. I've had it with Disney's stupid follow - up movies.
Nov 4, 2008 2:21 AM

Jun 2008
Syb3rStrife said:
Hate High School Musical. But I do like a few of the songs.

Now if it were more like this I'd probably watch it ^^
http://www.youtube.com/v/z_hybbAnjl4&rel=1&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/z_hybbAnjl4&rel=1&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

lmao
Nov 4, 2008 2:35 AM

May 2008
You guys need to watch a good musical, like this badass shit.

The Apple
moushNov 4, 2008 2:41 AM
Nov 4, 2008 7:24 AM

Jan 2008
How can there a be a High School Musical 4 if the 3rd one is senior year? Are they going to get held back or something :P
Nov 4, 2008 8:03 AM

Sep 2008
Imperial_Thunder said:
How can there a be a High School Musical 4 if the 3rd one is senior year? Are they going to get held back or something :P

Good point, any thing to make some cash flow I guess
Nov 4, 2008 8:49 AM

Jul 2007
arturo said:
Anomalous said:
ladyxzeus said:

Wasn't Camp Rock really, really horrible (like, even HSM fans hated it)? That's what I've been told.

What's the difference between the two, aside from the song lyrics (kind of), the setting, and the actors?

Apparently a lot (from the blog of two HSM fans).

Nov 4, 2008 1:19 PM

Oct 2008
I hate HSM in every way, shape, and form.
Nov 4, 2008 1:32 PM

May 2007
Honestly, I loved HSM3. Maybe because i'm a senior in highschool, I dunno. I've seen it twice so far...and i'm going with a friend on friday for the third time.

I've really enjoyed following the movies throughout my highschool career (although the second movie sucked). The first one came out when I was a sophomore and the movie characters were sophomores. The second when I was a junior. And now the third as i'm a senior. I'll be happy if they make a fourth one for the first year of college, because i'll be in college by then also so i'll still be able to relate to it.

Just me^^
Nov 4, 2008 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
Pokedude97 said:
Honestly, I loved HSM3. Maybe because i'm a senior in highschool, I dunno. I've seen it twice so far...and i'm going with a friend on friday for the third time.

I've really enjoyed following the movies throughout my highschool career (although the second movie sucked). The first one came out when I was a sophomore and the movie characters were sophomores. The second when I was a junior. And now the third as i'm a senior. I'll be happy if they make a fourth one for the first year of college, because i'll be in college by then also so i'll still be able to relate to it.

Just me^^

I have an honest question then: can you relate to the characters? Because, honestly, I graduated last year, and HSM makes me want to vomit all over my own high school.
Nov 4, 2008 5:49 PM

Sep 2008
I'm a fan of musicals in general, but I'm going to pass on HSM.
Nov 4, 2008 5:54 PM

Sep 2008
MotokoAramaki said:
I'm a fan of musicals in general, but I'm going to pass on HSM.

It just seems childish
Nov 5, 2008 7:58 PM

May 2007
lizguana said:
Pokedude97 said:

Just me^^

I have an honest question then: can you relate to the characters? Because, honestly, I graduated last year, and HSM makes me want to vomit all over my own high school.

No, not really. I don't play basketball or do anything theater related.
Nov 5, 2008 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
nothing less than a culture travisty
lol
Nov 5, 2008 8:09 PM

Apr 2007
xShikamaru said:

Nov 5, 2008 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
i happen to enjoy the movie. lol.
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the size limits.
Nov 5, 2008 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:
Never watched, never will.
I'm back.
Nov 5, 2008 8:24 PM

Sep 2008
PandaPuff said:
xShikamaru said:

agree
Nov 5, 2008 8:50 PM

Aug 2008
Rpgwiz99 said:
Imperial_Thunder said:

Good point, any thing to make some cash flow I guess

Moving on to a new set of kids. and a better musical, if anything is REPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! =D
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the size limits.
Nov 5, 2008 9:14 PM
Jul 2008
lizguana said:

ah, that's terrible. It makes me kind of upset with my hs. I wish people burst out into song and dance in the cafeteria. It'd be interesting...kind of.

Jan 16, 2009 6:34 AM

Dec 2008
wtf? High School Musical 4? 3 JUST came out O_O

& &
Jan 16, 2009 6:44 AM

Dec 2008
I'm getting SO sick of HSM... *sigh*

& &
Jan 16, 2009 6:47 AM

Jan 2009
I definately wouldn't say that I enjoy High School Musical, however I wouldn't necessarily say I would go out of my way to avoid hearing/seeing it.

I'd simply say it is cheesy and a slight irritation.
Jan 17, 2009 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Never watched it, and probably never will since my friends said it sucked
Jan 17, 2009 1:14 PM

Jul 2007
I've never watched it, but I know it's crap because it's a musical.
Jan 17, 2009 3:32 PM

Jul 2008
Apparently, this stupid shit just got a oneshot manga adaptation. :|

Jan 17, 2009 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
LOL I used to looove it, I actually brought the craze to my house and made my sisters watch it.

When the second one came around, I only watched it because there were two choices: HSM2, or a marathon of crappily-dubbed Naruto.

I didn't want to see HSM3, but my mom made me go. BUT HSM4???? Hell to the no! I hate most Disney stuff like that Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers/Camp Rock bullshit.
Jan 17, 2009 8:44 PM

Jul 2007
Liquidize said:

Yeeeeeeeeeees I mean um wow.

Scud said:
I've never watched it, but I know it's crap because it's a musical.

I am honestly curious as to what musicals you (and anyone else who has made similar comments) have actually seen.

Jan 18, 2009 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
arturo said:
Liquidize said:

WTF is wrong with people these days? Need more meds.

least has a case of emergency toilet paper

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Jan 18, 2009 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
Liquidize said:

It's official. The world is coming to a Disney end. I could handle the Hannah Montana as president (With Miley Cyrus as Vice President) and the Jonas Brothers handling the military, but DAMMIT HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DON'T TOUCH OUR MANGA!

It'd be worse if it became an anime...
Jan 18, 2009 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
BadLuckTuckxL said:
Liquidize said:

It's official. The world is coming to a Disney end. I could handle the Hannah Montana as president (With Miley Cyrus as Vice President) and the Jonas Brothers handling the military, but DAMMIT HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DON'T TOUCH OUR MANGA!

It'd be worse if it became an anime...

I pray it never becomes an anime
Jan 18, 2009 8:24 AM

Nov 2008
I saw the first one, and I knew right away that its target audience was going to be people who actually found the Disney channel enjoyable and funny. Which I, being a person above the mentally-unstable level, do not.

No offence to anyone who likes the HSM out there; its just the facts.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.