Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2012 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
BakaOnna said:
Hopefully this will actually follow the manga for the Sisters Arc and not be more cute girls doing cute things.

If it is, it'll actually be a pretty nice"intro" into Index III for some of the characters once we get to volume 15 material.

Pretty sure if Railgun II does well, as well as the Index movie, another season of Index will be announced. Then they can even follow up with Index IV since whatever volume they choose to end Index III (either 18, or my guess would be 19, and hopefully nowhere near volumes 20-22) with will be a cliffhanger.

I agree entirely. I'm hoping they will end Index III with volume 18, so that the season won't have to be as rushed...
Oct 21, 2012 10:20 AM
Sep 2012
The anime gods have heard my (ONE) of my prayers. Now if only they can give me s3 of Index...
Oct 21, 2012 10:31 AM

Aug 2008
Finally! Thank You God :D
Oct 21, 2012 10:38 AM

Jan 2010
soge_king999 said:
Yeah, Index II was pretty bad, in both the anime and the novels. It is also like most other novel adaptations in the way that it is essentially a shortened version without a narrator and less insight into the characters thoughts. Ended up creating a very painful viewing experience... I liked Railgun's adaptation (thought the fillers killed it second half...) more than Index's so far, so I'll probably be happier with this than Index III, which I would only like to see for a couple of scenes animated...

Fair play to you, It's hard to find fans that can actually criticise a series they like. I truly hope for a continuation of Index after they are done with Railgun, it will be neat to see volume 15 animated.

Oct 21, 2012 10:45 AM

Oct 2012
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
Oct 21, 2012 10:49 AM
Sep 2009
Eagerly looking forward to more Oneee-sama
Oct 21, 2012 10:55 AM
Apr 2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! New Index movie and Railgun season 2, my life's complete...
Even though a 3rd season of Index would've been better, the Railgun manga has been pretty awesome lately. I hope they do the new Railgun arcs :D
Oct 21, 2012 10:56 AM
Jul 2012
I don't really understand the dislike between Railgun fans and Index fans. Railgun wouldn't have happened without Index, and Railgun, in my opinion, makes Index even more interesting because it explains things Index doesn't?

While it's cool to prefer one thing to the other, both Railgun and Index need each other

And this can only mean good news for the series as a whole. The movie and Railgun II sounds like JC staff biding their time to make Index even better, not that it was bad to begin with. Come on, if it was bad, would it have so many fans?

It wouldn't surprise me if Index III was announced soon after Railgun II airs/finishes airing, as well as the movie's release. Either way, 2013 will be a great year for the Toaru verse and its fans
Oct 21, 2012 10:58 AM

May 2008
Wow really? I figured that it was over with Index 2 and then the movie but more Railgun is good :3 I like both series a lot.

Oct 21, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
Nice~ I personally prefer Railgun than Index. Can't wait for the movie too.
Oct 21, 2012 11:31 AM

Nov 2008
With this, the debate thread about whether Index s3 or Railgun s2 should be next will end.

Railgun s2 wins. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 21, 2012 11:39 AM

Oct 2010
now i really need to start watching this series.
Oct 21, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Clive said:
soge_king999 said:
Yeah, Index II was pretty bad, in both the anime and the novels. It is also like most other novel adaptations in the way that it is essentially a shortened version without a narrator and less insight into the characters thoughts. Ended up creating a very painful viewing experience... I liked Railgun's adaptation (thought the fillers killed it second half...) more than Index's so far, so I'll probably be happier with this than Index III, which I would only like to see for a couple of scenes animated...

Fair play to you, It's hard to find fans that can actually criticise a series they like. I truly hope for a continuation of Index after they are done with Railgun, it will be neat to see volume 15 animated.

Indeed. I'm really only interested in seeing 15, parts of 16, the end of 18, and 19-22 animated... I find many faults in things, but I think fiction should be enjoyed, and I find that faults provide entertainment anyway, so I accept them how they are. Plus, it makes a bigger impact on me if something starts poor and then improves.
Soge_king999Oct 21, 2012 2:22 PM
Oct 21, 2012 12:04 PM

Feb 2008
Certainly better news than a third season of the awful main series.
Oct 21, 2012 12:12 PM

Feb 2009
C'moooooooooon FripSide
Oct 21, 2012 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Icebreaker93 said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat i wanted season 3 of Index.
But nice to see season 2 of Railgun.

i have been waiting for a 3 season also i'm not particularly exited about railgun but i'm in for index movie
Oct 21, 2012 12:19 PM
Jun 2009
Yeheyyyy!!!! This is awesome!!!! xD I hope the OP will be as awesome as always!! Excited to see more BiriBiri action~
Oct 21, 2012 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Yes! Can't wait for it to come out...
Oct 21, 2012 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Clive said:

That's the best joke of the day, Index novels having substance. They can do whatever they want with this second season and it'll still be better than the peace of crap Index II was, and there is no excuse there, it was a faithfull adaption, only problem was that the original material sucked.

Planet earth has disappointed me yet again

Oct 21, 2012 12:52 PM
Jul 2012
Kenju said:
Clive said:

That's the best joke of the day, Index novels having substance. They can do whatever they want with this second season and it'll still be better than the peace of crap Index II was, and there is no excuse there, it was a faithfull adaption, only problem was that the original material sucked.

im with you :/ Im dissapointed in the people that say index sucks. I hope they dont fill this season with fillers though.
Oct 21, 2012 12:59 PM

Jan 2012
yee more tsun biribri
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 21, 2012 1:03 PM

Aug 2011
JavierR said:
Kenju said:
Clive said:

im with you :/ Im dissapointed in the people that say index sucks. I hope they dont fill this season with fillers though.

I would be with you, but a large portion of them are basing that purely on the Anime. The Index anime has certainly had its flaws, much more than the original source (so has Railgun). Thus, I don't particularly care to argue.
Soge_king999Oct 21, 2012 1:13 PM
Oct 21, 2012 1:12 PM

Aug 2008
soge_king999 said:

I would be with you, but a large portion of them haven't read the novels anyway. The Index anime has certainly had its flaws (so has Railgun). Thus, I don't particularly care.

Ah well yeah sure I know it isn't perfect, but I still think it's great

Well I know S3 will be awesome(and I am NOT just talking about vol 15 for fucks sake)
KenjuOct 21, 2012 1:16 PM

Oct 21, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2011
Kenju said:
soge_king999 said:

I would be with you, but a large portion of them haven't read the novels anyway. The Index anime has certainly had its flaws (so has Railgun). Thus, I don't particularly care.

Ah well yeah sure I know it isn't perfect, but I still think it's great

Oh, I like watching the Anime a lot too, and the flaws of the novels please me. I just won't argue with them about the Anime's quality due to the fact that it is undeniably flawed.
Oct 21, 2012 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
All I know is that is Railgun specials were hilarious and awesome.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 21, 2012 1:28 PM
Jul 2012
soge_king999 said:
JavierR said:
Kenju said:
Clive said:

I would be with you, but a large portion of them are basing that purely on the Anime. The Index anime has certainly had its flaws, much more than the original source (so has Railgun). Thus, I don't particularly care to argue.

well I haven't read the novels, I watched the anime and I loved it, but I read the manga for railgun, which is also good. I'd really prefer season 3 of index though because I want to see what happens next.

I have the novels sitting on my computer, but I have yet to read them. I will eventually
Oct 21, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2011
JavierR said:
soge_king999 said:
JavierR said:
Kenju said:
Clive said:

well I haven't read the novels, I watched the anime and I loved it, but I read the manga for railgun, which is also good. I'd really prefer season 3 of index though because I want to see what happens next.

I have the novels sitting on my computer, but I have yet to read them. I will eventually

Manga to Anime adaptations are easier (I think...) and I find that they usually work better than Novel/Game to Anime adaptations. Not saying the the Index (or Railgun) Anime are necessarily bad, but they do have their issues, and I won't attack people who point out those issues (especially since I do myself...).
Soge_king999Oct 21, 2012 1:36 PM
Oct 21, 2012 2:10 PM
Jul 2012
I miss touma thats the main reason i want season 3

I didn't enjoy railgun as much because lack of touma putting bitches in their place
Oct 21, 2012 2:33 PM

Oct 2007
First season was nice, I'll watch it. What bothers me, is return of Raildex fans...
Oct 21, 2012 2:43 PM

Jun 2011
Progeusz said:
First season was nice, I'll watch it. What bothers me, is return of Raildex fans...

Raildex fan reporting in.
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Oct 21, 2012 2:53 PM

Jan 2010
Kenju said:
Clive said:

It's my hope that you have me confused with someone whose username is Planet earth because If that's the only thing it takes you must then be in the brink of suicide. My post was quite simple really, those volumes where a mess. It's true that it gets better later, but if someone wants to have a go at Railgun's manga while pointing the oh so perfect main story, having read both of them I'm entitled to find that laughable

Oct 21, 2012 2:55 PM
Jul 2012
icamehere said:
Progeusz said:

Raildex fan reporting in.

I'm here too
Oct 21, 2012 2:58 PM
Aug 2012
Yay, I can't wait to watch it. Considering Toaru Kagaku no Railrun was one of the first animes I watched online.
Oct 21, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
Happiness for me!
I don't mind another Index.
Give me all you got!
Oct 21, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2007
Maybe this season will have a plot.
My anime list
Oct 21, 2012 3:20 PM
Oct 2012
Sweet can't wait to watch it.
Oct 21, 2012 3:36 PM
Mar 2009
Clive said:

It's my hope that you have me confused with someone whose username is Planet earth because If that's the only thing it takes you must then be in the brink of suicide. My post was quite simple really, those volumes where a mess. It's true that it gets better later, but if someone wants to have a go at Railgun's manga while pointing the oh so perfect main story, having read both of them I'm entitled to find that laughable

There are arguments to be made that many of the volumes that made up Index II were some of Index's weaker stories, largely because nothing interesting was really happening on a grand scale, and the stories got kind of repetitive and felt like it was spinning its wheels. That said, there were adaptation problems with Index II. It had rushed, awkward pacing from the get go. Particularly disappointing in my mind was the fact that Volume 13 only got 3 episodes (instead of 4 or 5) and that they crammed 2/3 of SS1 onto the end instead. That ruined a lot of the impact many of those scenes had, since those are what will have repercussions in future volumes. Overall, I felt Index 1 had a better adaptation regardless of the original material's quality.

I disagree with you about New Testament though. I have a couple of criticisms, but I largely like where the series is going and I don't really see a quality drop. Don't know how far you read, but NT4 in particular was a fantastic Battle Royale volume in the vain of Volume 15.
Oct 21, 2012 3:45 PM
Oct 21, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
I'm with it!
Oct 21, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2010
yay finally :')
Oct 21, 2012 4:26 PM

Feb 2012
YES railgun season 2!
Now all i need is a new spinoff called:
To aru kagaku no accelerator!
And someone in it should be voice acted by Norio Wakamoto!
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Oct 21, 2012 4:26 PM

Jun 2010
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!

This is like the best news of this month \m/

RAILGUN > INDEX

MY BODY IS READY!
Oct 21, 2012 4:44 PM

Aug 2011
bluedragon777 said:
YES railgun season 2!
Now all i need is a new spinoff called:
To aru kagaku no accelerator!
And someone in it should be voice acted by Norio Wakamoto!

Hmm... Asking for an Accelerator spin-off when he is the main Deuteragonist, has the 2nd most screen time in the main series, has arcs with him as the Protagonist, and has his entire story covered in the main series. Seems legit. The reason Mikoto has a spin-off is that she barely appears and yet is ridiculously popular.
Soge_king999Oct 21, 2012 4:48 PM
Oct 21, 2012 4:49 PM

Aug 2008
Clive said:

It's my hope that you have me confused with someone whose username is Planet earth because If that's the only thing it takes you must then be in the brink of suicide. My post was quite simple really, those volumes were a mess. It's true that it gets better later, but if someone wants to have a go at Railgun's manga while pointing the oh so perfect main story, having read both of them I'm entitled to find that laughable

What a strange taste in comedy then.

Oct 21, 2012 4:56 PM

Dec 2011
When u wanna read a thread with good opnions , but see only haters

And yeah, my English is bad >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2012 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
Oh yes, more raigun adventure and fripside song. Happy time indeed
Oct 21, 2012 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
more Railgun and Index Movie... what could be better?

~tears of happiness
Oct 21, 2012 5:15 PM
Jul 2010
Dudewitbow said:
Moar skirt flipping Saten-sama
Not really, you know... This is gonna be... way more awesome if they adapt it well enough.

I kinda jumped in my chair when I entered MAL and saw the news. I just hope they don't crew the amazing clones arc. If they manage to put the lightheartedness off for a bit... This is gonna be great!
Oct 21, 2012 5:38 PM
Dec 2010
Hopefully Misaki will be there as well.
Oct 21, 2012 5:51 PM

Dec 2011
Oh hell yes! MISAKA! More Biribiri!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.