Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 20, 2012 11:53 PM

I don't know how I would post this otherwise, since they're a series of novels, it doesn't make sense to do it by chapters, really...

Anyways, I liked the second book more than the first one. Though I still felt something was missing, I enjoyed it. Balsa was great as always - and I like the new stuff introduced.

Loved Chagum in the anime, but reading the book made him annoying. :<

I really want the second book to get an anime.... argh, and hopefully the same director (I don't know how it work out if it isn't), because Kamiyama Kenji made me love Guardian of the Spirit so much that I decided to read the book.

Apr 30, 2016 10:47 PM

I'm lost a little here xD.

I know the anime and the Season 1 of the Live-Action was based in the first book of the series.

And the next 2 seasons for the live-action are going to be about the rest of the books...but...does Balsa apears after book 2?

I mean, i think the next 2 seasons for the live-action will be about book 2 right?
Modified by Chibi-wolf-10, Apr 30, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 22, 2016 2:41 PM

Know this is quite a late reply but...
Chibi-wolf-10 said:
I'm lost a little here xD.

I know the anime and the Season 1 of the Live-Action was based in the first book of the series.

And the next 2 seasons for the live-action are going to be about the rest of the books...but...does Balsa apears after book 2?

I mean, i think the next 2 seasons for the live-action will be about book 2 right?

The live action adaptation seems to skip three books unless they're all covered in the first four episodes.

Guardian of Darkness (Yami no Moribito 2nd book)
Happens right after the first book. Balsa travel to Kanbal to face her past. Evil plots and bad shit ensued.

Guardian of the Dream (Yume no Moribito 3rd book)
People are trapped in their dreams. Only one man can save them. Chagum, Tanda's niece and the first empress are in it.

Traveler of the Void (Kokū no Tabibito 4th book)
Shuga travel to Sangal bearing greetings from Chagum as crown prince. Bad shit happens. Again.

Instead they jump straight to Guardian of the God (Kami no Moribito) and Traveller of the Blue Road (Sōro no Tabibito) while changing a few things quite a bit and some just slightly.

So, the short answer is. No, the live-action does not cover the second book and yes, Balsa appears in books after the first.
The longer answer. No, the live-action does not cover the second book and what little they've taken from it is changed entirely. (if my source is correct about the live-action that is) Yes, Balsa appears in books after the first. At least three or four of them as well as a few short stories.

As for the second book getting an anime adaptation. I'd be all over it if that happened.

Edit: After watching the live-action last night I can now say that there will be nothing from the 2nd book. Nor the 3rd and 4th books. Unless they put those stories after Guardian of the God and Traveller of the Blue Road.
Modified by GuttedGnome, Dec 23, 2016 12:18 AM

Jul 20, 2017 10:22 AM

wait so this novel is 10 volumes and only 1 volume was covered in the anime ? also what do you mean by books ?

Sep 13, 2018 12:12 PM
Mezo-RPWPA said:
wait so this novel is 10 volumes and only 1 volume was covered in the anime ?

Yes, it was.
Mezo-RPWPA said:
also what do you mean by books ?

Book=Part of Story (included one, two or tree volumes; Kami no Moribito [Guardian of the God] - two volumes; Ten to Chi no Moribito [Guardian of Heaven and Earth] - three volumes; other parts include only one volume each one)

Live-action
First season: Seirei no Moribito (have anime adaptation)
Second season: Guardian of the God (Kami no Moribito), Traveller of the Blue Road (Souro no Tabibito), maybe partially Traveler of the Void (Kokuu no Tabibito).
Third Season includes partially Yami no Moribito (2nd book), partially Ten to Chi no Moribito (Guardian of Heaven and Earth - the last part of the series, three volumes).
Modified by ColinCrane, Sep 13, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 13, 2018 4:39 PM

ColinCrane said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:
wait so this novel is 10 volumes and only 1 volume was covered in the anime ?

Yes, it was.
Mezo-RPWPA said:
also what do you mean by books ?

Book=Part of Story (included one, two or tree volumes; Kami no Moribito [Guardian of the God] - two volumes; Ten to Chi no Moribito [Guardian of Heaven and Earth] - three volumes; other parts include only one volume each one)

Live-action
First season: Seirei no Moribito (have anime adaptation)
Second season: Guardian of the God (Kami no Moribito), Traveller of the Blue Road (Souro no Tabibito), maybe partially Traveler of the Void (Kokuu no Tabibito).
Third Season includes partially Yami no Moribito (2nd book), partially Ten to Chi no Moribito (Guardian of Heaven and Earth - the last part of the series, three volumes).

ah ok, thanks for the help