Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 3:40 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
SwordWielder said:
therandomestguy said:
SwordWielder said:
Sugu is that blond elf girl... that was easy to figure out.

..if you read the LN

how would you know that if you just watched the anime

typical anime plot, you wouldn't randomly add a non-related character to the anime without a good reason. Also, the opening song tells you, it shows the blond elf girl dragging kirito and the very next scene, it shows sugu dragging kirito. coincidence? I think not.

Because most anime fans totally pay attention to the OP

I do. That's why I cried so hard come episode 17 of Clannad AS.
Oct 20, 2012 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:

Then for one thing she's retarded for wearing shorts in the middle of December. Mittens exist.

i also have no idea why she's wearing shorts in middle of winter, you could become very ill because of that, i can sort of understand if it was to exercise or work on her kendo but she has her hakama for that... the anime seems to have....clumsified her unfortunately

though you could also argue that she is in her house and was merely stepping out for a bit of fresh air, i do that a lot on my balcony to be honest

but you could also say that it was just the writers getting a bit horny and giving a bit of male fanservice by showing her like that
Oct 20, 2012 3:44 PM

Aug 2009
ihateeveryone said:

There is no way to compare an OP of 17 eps with an OP of 2 eps only.
ssjokgOct 20, 2012 4:21 PM
Oct 20, 2012 3:45 PM

Jan 2010
Lyfa kinda reminds me of Link from Zelda.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2012
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
Candor123Oct 20, 2012 4:18 PM
Oct 20, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
therandomestguy said:

new game, new arc, that's not a good reason to add a character? they already did that with that one guy nobody likes

but the opening sequence thing is a valid point. i didn't notice that but then again i don't pay very close attention to the opening/ending sequence

Yumeria was the same thing, just remembered that anime. I thought something was familiar with this.

ssjokg said:

I only pay attention to the OP and ED of anime that I like. Don't know about other people.
Oct 20, 2012 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
Candor said:

Real life support for Kirito,which is true.She IS his family.
ssjokgOct 20, 2012 4:19 PM
Oct 20, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
Candor123Oct 20, 2012 4:21 PM
Oct 20, 2012 3:59 PM

Jan 2012
and so it begins...
Oct 20, 2012 4:04 PM

May 2012
Kirito's OP moment was great!
Oct 20, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
Candor said:

Being important/having char development doesnt mean that someone is a great VMMO player/helps Kirito.For example the female lead in GGO arc of SAO.Her RL persona is what makes her the best char in the series not her skills and adventures with Kirito.And no she doesnt fall in love with him...

What I want to say in a roundabout way is
ssjokgOct 20, 2012 4:19 PM
Oct 20, 2012 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
I am either getting brainwashed by the haters or the animation just got way worse...

I'd go with the highlighted one.

Was it even good in the first place tho? Sure, the art is nice, but that is entirely different thing.
Oct 20, 2012 4:10 PM

Aug 2011
UFOtable should've done SAO, would've been beautiful.
Oct 20, 2012 4:10 PM

Jul 2012
Not bad not bad. I actually enjoy it without Asuna in this show. LOL
Wow, Kirito still has his skills from SAO. Everyone better watch out for this "newbie" :D

Yui's back too. Her transformation scene reminded me of those magical girl shows LOL
Oct 20, 2012 4:11 PM

Jun 2009
WOO, the end with Kirito goin' in was awesome! I felt like a badass watching him be one--like "damn, I'm good at this game already."

Oct 20, 2012 4:16 PM
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
Oct 20, 2012 4:17 PM

Aug 2009
Scoops said:
ssjokg said:
I am either getting brainwashed by the haters or the animation just got way worse...

Was it even good in the first place tho? Sure, the art is nice, but that is entirely different thing.

Yeah but it wasnt something facepalm worthy from me, in every second of the ep.In this ep I just couldnt help but laugh....

As for GGO's spoilers....What ,from what I said, was a spoiler that immediately affected the enjoyment of reading/seeing it?
If you are talking about
dont you think it's a little bit late?
ssjokgOct 20, 2012 4:22 PM
Oct 20, 2012 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
HECK YEAH. I've been waiting for this episode since episode 15 came out.
I'm surprised that Kirito's SAO stats got carried over to ALO. It's still cool, though. He's pretty much an overpowered newbie.
I love how I get a whole different feeling of ALO, like how it doesn't feel the same as SAO. And the functions such as flight - I got excited when they mentioned it in the episode.
I was overjoyed when I saw Yui. The reuniting scene was slightly touching for me. Looks like it's time for me to read the LN.
Oct 20, 2012 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
Frick that was awesome. Kirito's so OP, Im loving it XD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 20, 2012 4:33 PM

Dec 2011
So the game is made from SAO database? The game is just an enhanced rip off.
From the way things look like, Asuna is like a princess/queen in distress.

I guess the new goal now is to rescue her in order to complete the game.
Since the supposed "marriage" happens in Jan 26, and the current timeline is Jan 20...
There will be no massive timeskip. I think this will be better so we dont need to assume what happens offscreen just like the SAO arc with friendships develop in a snap.

I would say the plot got weak now, since there is no more threat in their lives. There is no fear anymore, but it is just about the very quick romance between Asuna and Kirito.

Having his skills set and a "cheater" is better since we don't need to see long ass training except for flying. I hope the premise would feature battle actions that won't be abrupt like the fight scenes they did in SAO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2012 4:35 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
All he needs to learn is properly fly and fight while flying
Oct 20, 2012 4:35 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:

Oct 20, 2012 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Ok so I am confused by this new OP. I didn't say anything last episode when it came out but this time I got to.

He is holding hands flying with this new blonde chick....wtf happens to asuna?! He better not give up onher or fall in love with some other chick >:(
Oct 20, 2012 5:49 PM

Aug 2010
ALO game entrance is same than Greed island game (Hunter x Hunter OVA)

XD
Oct 20, 2012 5:54 PM

Jan 2012
This doesn't seem like it's gonna be nearly as good as the Aincrad arc.
The main reason I loved Aincrad was because their lives were in danger, now it's basically just an anime about a game without the slight psychological aspects(probably will be replaced with drama in this arc) that got me into this series. :/
Oct 20, 2012 5:57 PM

May 2010
Starting out OP as hell good shit he needed something to make this fair. and YUI back!!!!
Oct 20, 2012 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,just can say

they are adapting so far pretty well ALF...to bad they didnt do that with SAO but o well.

Kirito move from a cheater to a beater XD Really he is badass anyway,like his new look.

Glad to see Yui back that transformation and massive fingering was lol...and wrong in some way -.-

Suguha chocking at the beginning was cute specially that embarrassed face at the start

Lyfa new chick,i like her mmm i wonder who she is?? "sarcasm"

Well Kirito save her with some nice moves and next episode fun things will happen,hope they keep adapting it this good until the end.

BTW Lyfa got some nice moves!

GIF's/Avatars/SIG's on the club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=506921&show=0#post1
Oct 20, 2012 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
eh is it just me? kinda losing interest in this mainly this arc no real threat now and it's pretty much just save the princess arc in a fairy setting but seeing how hes even more OP right now that could make for some lulz moments
Oct 20, 2012 6:07 PM
Oct 2010
ssjokg said:

Not to mention alot of OPs just have random scenes.
GD1551Oct 20, 2012 6:11 PM
Oct 20, 2012 6:11 PM
Jul 2012
Gee kirito you're so badass for choosing the black hooded character.

and FUCK yui is back and the fairy shit is about to turn fruity real fast.

I also guessed that sugu might be the blond elf girl i guess im right.

Although i am interested to see what is this game's death penalty
Oct 20, 2012 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
JavierR said:

The usual stuff from real mmo .Loss of items,exp of skills is lost etc....
Oct 20, 2012 6:15 PM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

well thats not exciting :/

I can shit on this show all i want but i still keep coming back anyways. I'm not sure how alo is going to appeal to me.
Oct 20, 2012 6:19 PM

Aug 2009
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:

well thats not exciting :/

I can shit on this show all i want but i still keep coming back anyways. I'm not sure how alo is going to appeal to me.

Well if you learn to hate a show you wont like it even if it does improve....

Well anyway...Only Kirito, Asuna and the 300 players Sugou has trapped are in deep shit here.All the rest are normal players that CARE A LOT about their items,gold,exp etc...
Oct 20, 2012 6:23 PM
Oct 2010
So beside Asuna, anyone else life in danger?

Dec 2009
It's a lot slower paced this time. It's a good way to end the episode I guess. But I wonder where they're going to stop next episode?

Anyways, I like the visuals. Looks better than SAO in some ways.

Feb 2012
Good ep :D

Looks like they slowed down the pacing now. I'm not yet used to it since they rushed Aincrad arc~

The only prob with this ep is... why didn't they emphasize flying? They were like just floating... should have added more vibrations to those wings and faster movement.
Oct 20, 2012 6:24 PM

Dec 2010
well fuck me, 2 good eps in a row, I could possibly love this

I might actually stop hating on it one day if this goes on

and no kirito, always wearing black does not make you cool
Oct 20, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2009
skudoops said:
So beside Asuna, anyone else life in danger?
300 players of SAO that Sugou has trapped.But unlike Asuna they arent inside the game.Anything else is a big spoiler.
Oct 20, 2012 6:25 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Scoops said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah but it wasnt something facepalm worthy from me, in every second of the ep.In this ep I just couldnt help but laugh....

I really didn't see anything particularily bad in this ep
Oct 20, 2012 6:26 PM
Oct 2010
Ok, well at least there can still be some tension.
Jul 2012
ok im interested again. I still don't like any of the characters in this show except for sugou and kiritos cousin

Dec 2010
decent ep, so this game has no threat now huh, based on the comments...
spoiled myself i guess...
and why am i not surprised with kirito choosing a chara wearing black :)
if there's a game that i could experience flying, i would def play it

and why are people still playing games, i mean after the SAO incident, wouldnt they be a bit traumatized or something... one things for sure, stricter inspection were probably established before a game is released
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 20, 2012 6:27 PM

May 2011
JavierR said:
I still don't like any of the characters in this show except for sugou

You have good tastes.

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
Oct 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Aug 2009
ShiroX said:
ssjokg said:
Scoops said:
ssjokg said:

I really didn't see anything particularily bad in this ep

ShiroX said:
well fuck me, 2 good eps in a row, I could possibly love this

I might actually stop hating on it one day if this goes on

maybe because you already hated the show lolXDXD

Maybe I was wrong and it was the same.Maybe watching a random RAW isnt that good after all...
Oct 20, 2012 6:30 PM
Apr 2010
WOW. If you played any MMO (besides WoW), this is a very FUNNY and basically REAL situation. The new company did almost nothing to SAO except re-name, and re-skin the game, maybe reformatted skills (as "magic"). Talk about LAZY developers! I mean even the player data was still in it. I seriously laughed so hard about this.
Oct 20, 2012 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
chris-yang said:

and why are people still playing games, i mean after the SAO incident, wouldnt they be a bit traumatized or something... one things for sure, stricter inspection were probably established before a game is released

Why do people do drugs when they know how dangerous they are?Think of it like this.

NOT A SPOILER
The new hardware they use is 100% safe meaning it doesnt have a freaking battery that can fry your brain.
Oct 20, 2012 6:33 PM
Feb 2009
lol he is definitely cheating
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 20, 2012 6:35 PM

Dec 2009
chris-yang said:

It's actually mentioned how the SAO incident became a huge controversy last episode. ARGUS became bankrupt due to lawsuits and such.

But apparently this next generation Full-Dive Amusphere is marketed as being safer than the "Devil Machine" Nerve Gear.

Besides considering people WANTING to full dive in SAO (based on Internet Comments) I wouldn't be surprised that even after an incident like SAO, VRMMO technology would still sell like iPhones.
NettoAzureOct 20, 2012 6:42 PM
Oct 20, 2012 6:39 PM

Sep 2008
chris-yang said:

Kirito choosing a black swordman is the same reason why gamers choose what they are comfortable with first when playing a new game(for me it's usually rogues or warriors)

and as they had mentioned in this episode, there are new helmets called amuspheres which is meant to be safer then the nerv gears....in regards to being traumatized, I'm pretty sure some ppl are but that doesn't stop them from trying it anyways. That's like asking "why do ppl hate<insert hype series of the season>, yet keep watching every episode?"
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

40 by Aruhaya »»
1 hour ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2012

776 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.