Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 23, 2012 2:11 PM

Feb 2009
Frankly, I don't enjoy any Key comedy. At all. The first ~10 episodes of Kanon were torture. I only watch their stuff because of the drama later on, so I'll allow LB's crappy first episodes to slide. I'm not excusing it -- of course I would want the show to actually be, yknow, enjoyable -- but I won't drop it because I have high hopes for later episodes. Komari is annoying, that new girl in this episode was ok I guess... I'm more interested in the guys + Rin.

5/10 for this ep.
Oct 23, 2012 2:44 PM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Billzor said:
SleepingEntity said:
Billzor said:
This is by far the most unengaging and "meh" Key anime that I've watched to date. The characters are hopelessly bland and if the drama in this show is gonna be centered around the main characters narcolepsy then I probably won't be able to take this seriously at all. Which is sad because I got some high hopes for this when I learned that it was a Key adaptation, and now I'm leaning more towards dropping it since I don't want to waste my time with a 26 ep show that is crap.

Don't make false assumptions about the plot. There's a reason Key fans are hailing LB as the best thing since Clannad, and it sure as hell isn't the common route. Everyone knows that Key works take time to get started, and Little Busters is no different.

Rest assured, when the final route takes place, shit gets real quick.

Well, if you're gonna say that much then I'll have to stick around. But the opening episodes in both Kanon and Clannad did a much better job to introduce the characters and show something that you wanted more of. And tbh, Little Busters has so far done a pretty poor job in my opinion, might be because of JC, or maybe this is how it actually goes in the VN. Haven't read it.

Still, if the last route is where it starts getting good then the show overall won't be worth watching anyway.

No, you guys don't understand. The final route ties in brilliantly with the common route. What seems innocuously boring now is more important than you guys realise. When the anime talks about "the secret of this world", believe me they aren't joking around. Stick with the anime until the end and it will all make sense. I don't mean only the ending is good. More like the final route makes the entire thing good.

Leon-Gun said:
Well, technically Komari was tutoring Kud on one thing and one thing only, which is the topic Kud is worst at. Kud is the second smartest girl of the heroines, with Kurugaya being the token brainiac.

Isn't Nishizono smarter than Kud?
pretty sure kurugaya has the best grades, mio is high up there too, komari is pretty above average.
Oct 23, 2012 5:31 PM
Dec 2007
SleepingEntity said:

Leon-Gun said:
Well, technically Komari was tutoring Kud on one thing and one thing only, which is the topic Kud is worst at. Kud is the second smartest girl of the heroines, with Kurugaya being the token brainiac.

Not really. She actually fails the poem she wrote pretty badly.She just likes reading and has that traditional smart "look". Kurugaya is the brainiac and Kud is smart (she skipped a grade and all that). The look of the girls just kinda confuse you because the smartest girls aren't the ones that look "smart". They are the moe little girl and the Big Sister character.

Oct 23, 2012 7:00 PM

Jul 2011
AO968 said:
Random45 said:
Meomix said:
Random45 said:
MagicFlier said:
Random45 said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Random45 said:
Smooched said:
Komari's voice really annoys me. Is it just me?

I don't think anyone likes her, or her awful voice.

Are you kidding? For what I've noticed, most of LB! fans liked her best, not counting Kud of course :P

That is really sad. Komari is the sum of EVERYTHING I hate in an anime girl. She has a very high pitch and annoying voice, she is so clumsy I'm afraid she is going to trip down some stairs and die, she's a freaking idiot... Argh, I can't stand her at all.

Kud at least has some redeeming values - she is smart as hell and cute, something Komari severely lacks in both regards.

I don't know your definition of cute but just to let you know, Kud was tutored by Komari in a few subjects pretty successfully.. lol

Ugh, that makes it all even worse. We are seriously supposed to believe that she, of all people, actually tutors others in school work? I guess this is a pretty common trope in Key works, because Kotomi from Clannad comes to mind immediately. She acts like an absolute idiot, but apparently is very smart. Go figure.

Wooah Wooah there kid take it easy, compared to the tsundere or should i say thunderdere crap we have been getting for 5 seasons straight, Kotomi is very much welcomed in terms of character diversity. She doesn't get in the way, she doesn't train wreck the plot, and most importantly she is more understanding than most of the tsundere's i've come across, which would usually end up with the door getting slammed on your face or ending up with some kind of unreasonable ultimatum (I'm looking at you Shakugan no Shana / Hayate no gotoku).

What? Kotomi is not a Tsundere. You must be thinking of Kyou, who fits the definition much better.

Maybe that comment is open to interpretation, but I didn't read it as her calling Kotomi a tsundere. I read it as her saying Kotomi has a better personality than any tsundere she can think of, and is (in her opinion) thus a better character.

Why would she bother bringing up Tsundere if it's completely irrelevant to anything we were talking about previously? I was talking about how much I hate Komari, and I compared her to Kotomi, and then she made the comments about Tsundere's, which made it seem like she was thinking that Kotomi is a Tsundere. If not, then like I said, it's completely irrelevant to what we were talking about.

Kotomi is better compared to most Tsundere characters, I'll give her that, but she is still an annoying character in her own right. She suffers a lot of the same issues that Komari does, which is why I compared them in the first place, in addition to the fact that they are both in Visual Novels made by Key.

I do agree though, I really dislike Tsundere characters.
Oct 23, 2012 7:29 PM

May 2008
Why are people freaking out about the animation? Sure its not the absolute best, but at worst its average. And why does that matter all that much? The animation quality will not effect the enjoyment of this show, this is not TTGL. I'm far more concerned with how the writers will incorporate the development from all the routes while leading into refrain. I don't think they have done the best job with that thus far. That and the execution of the jokes has not been up to par. But it is very early and the best is yet to come. But if they can't execute the story well then it won't matter how well it is animated, and if they execute it well it will not matter if the animation is poor (which it isn't).
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Oct 24, 2012 7:48 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
SleepingEntity said:

Leon-Gun said:

Not really. She actually fails the poem she wrote pretty badly.She just likes reading and has that traditional smart "look". Kurugaya is the brainiac and Kud is smart (she skipped a grade and all that). The look of the girls just kinda confuse you because the smartest girls aren't the ones that look "smart". They are the moe little girl and the Big Sister character.

All about Mio must be put on spoiler tags.
Reim_SeranthOct 24, 2012 7:54 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 24, 2012 8:27 AM

Oct 2012
Meh... the comedy could have been better. New girl is somewhat interesting, hope this will get better soon.
Oct 24, 2012 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
shizwizard said:
Meh... the comedy could have been better.

I wonder how foreigners can really appreciate the humor as a substantial part of it involves knowledge of Japanese language.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 24, 2012 10:25 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome stuff!

Really enjoying the ride that is this series.

I wonder when the seriousness will hit though, it's gotta be soon right?
Oct 24, 2012 10:50 AM
Jul 2012
How many veteran readers noticed the Kinniku dance Masato does behind Kyouske while he was explaining the rules?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy23eTiRiME

Best bad end ever? You bet!
blasterionOct 24, 2012 10:54 AM
Oct 24, 2012 11:01 AM

Jul 2011
Kurugaya's appearence was okay, I think. She's one of my favourite character from the game, but I don't really like how she looks more "cute". I mean, she doesn't give me those onee-sama -vibes.
Komari is just as annoying as in the game, and her voice gives me headache. Humor in the series is nearly as good as in the game, but I think it lacks something the game had. Maybe the athmosphere? I don't know..
I'd say 5/10 for the series for now.
Oct 24, 2012 12:24 PM

Sep 2008
Putting every route one after another is not going to do anything good to this show.
Oct 24, 2012 12:28 PM

Oct 2012
pretty boring episode will stick for one more episode before I drop this
Oct 24, 2012 12:35 PM
Jul 2012
blasterion said:
How many veteran readers noticed the Kinniku dance Masato does behind Kyouske while he was explaining the rules?

oh god this was the funniest thing ive watched regarding this series
Oct 24, 2012 12:49 PM
Dec 2007
wishbook said:
Leon-Gun said:
SleepingEntity said:

Leon-Gun said:

All about Mio must be put on spoiler tags.
Honestly though, the only dumb girls in the group are Haruka and Rin, even Komari is not actually that "dumb", she's just clumsy and a little childish.

Oct 24, 2012 1:03 PM
Jul 2012
JavierR said:
blasterion said:

oh god this was the funniest thing ive watched regarding this series

best homage to the vn so far.
Oct 24, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2008
Kinniku-san ga komuragaetta!
Oct 24, 2012 3:21 PM

Oct 2011
ah! I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING !!
...there is a high probibility this anime wil make me cry in the future like the rest
Oct 24, 2012 3:41 PM
Jul 2012
Avato-chan said:
...there is a high probibility this anime wil make me cry in the future like the rest

Maybe not, but it sure will send you in the a Muscle revolution!
Oct 24, 2012 5:09 PM
Jul 2012
blasterion said:
Avato-chan said:

kinniku kinniku yay yay~
Oct 24, 2012 7:06 PM
Jul 2012
JavierR said:
blasterion said:
Avato-chan said:

kinniku kinniku yay yay~

nano desu~

speaking of Kud, who gets introduced next ep...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZpzZrT6jU
Oct 24, 2012 7:37 PM
Jun 2011
I'm going to put this out here right now and you can quote me on it soyou guys remember when you're sitting here complaining about the dub in a few years:
The girls sound like they're 4 with the exception of Kurugaya, who sounds like she's 30.
Riki sounds like a girl, and the other guys sound like old men.

When you see the dub version of this, however long from now it may be and say; "OMG the voices suck, everyone sounds wrong!"
Remember that it was always like that.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Oct 24, 2012 7:38 PM
Jun 2011
Hoshimaru57 said:
I'm going to put this out here right now and you can quote me on it soyou guys remember when you're sitting here complaining about the dub in a few years:
The girls sound like they're 4 with the exception of Kurugaya, who sounds like she's 30.

When you see the dub version of this, however long from now it may be and say; "OMG the voices suck, everyone sounds wrong!"

And that doesn't make her any less hot btw.
I'm going to need to sleep with the fan on tonight!
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Oct 24, 2012 9:30 PM
Dec 2007
Hoshimaru57 said:

Kyousuke and Masato's voice actors are pretty good honestly but then again it may be because of how much of a Type-Moon fanboy I am. Kyousuke's VA voices Zero's Lancer while Masato's is Stay Night's Lancer. Also, if the three guy's voice actors sound like old men it is because they aren't young, duh .All 3 of them VA's are between 43 and 44 years old.

Oct 25, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Hoshimaru57 said:

Kyousuke and Masato's voice actors are pretty good honestly but then again it may be because of how much of a Type-Moon fanboy I am. Kyousuke's VA voices Zero's Lancer while Masato's is Stay Night's Lancer. Also, if the three guy's voice actors sound like old men it is because they aren't young, duh .All 3 of them VA's are between 43 and 44 years old.

Oh great. Now I know what Lancer sounds like if he says "I'm just gonna continue with Operation Loli Loli Hunters by myself!".
Oct 25, 2012 4:15 AM
Dec 2007
SleepingEntity said:

Oh great. Now I know what Lancer sounds like if he says "I'm just gonna continue with Operation Loli Loli Hunters by myself!".
Lol, I always found it funny how much of a coincidence it is that both of them voiced Lancers, and I do wonder if Midorikawa Hikaru even realized the link considering his gig as Fate/Zero's Lancer was several years after Little Busters.

Oct 25, 2012 4:39 AM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Leon-Gun said:
Hoshimaru57 said:

Lancer/Zero has gained the title of [Lolicon Suspect]
For those who have no idea what he and I are talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXSk4IhzSz8
blasterionOct 25, 2012 4:46 AM
Oct 25, 2012 4:46 AM

Sep 2012
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
Leon-Gun said:
Hoshimaru57 said:

For those who have no idea what he's talking about

NOOOO!!! You can't just spoil the funniest joke in the entire game like that!!!

Seriously, if this isn't animated, there will be hell to pay. XD
Oct 25, 2012 5:12 AM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
Leon-Gun said:
Hoshimaru57 said:

I always thought this was the funniest joke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ED3sf9ILz8
Oct 25, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
This is failing to meet expectations.

I give it two episodes before I drop it.
Oct 25, 2012 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
I'm liking Yuiko already. Next week it's Kud's time to shine! :)

Oct 25, 2012 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
Personally, I'm looking forward most to Mio's route. This scene out of the VN was my favorite and unforgettable: http://i.imgur.com/7vpZZ.png
Oct 25, 2012 7:48 PM

Jan 2011
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:
Leon-Gun said:
Hoshimaru57 said:

Funniest scene is: May 22 - Play with Kyousuke and the rest.
Oct 26, 2012 1:36 AM

Sep 2012
jasque said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

Those were all great moments (especially repeating Love Love Hunters multiple times to see all of them), but I almost fell out of my chair laughing when Rin came in and heard Kyousuke's out-of-context confession. The ensuing tension was so funny. XD

testyal1 said:

Cool story bro. Go ahead and drop it, your loss.
Oct 26, 2012 2:02 AM

Sep 2011
SleepingEntity said:
jasque said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

Those were all great moments (especially repeating Love Love Hunters multiple times to see all of them), but I almost fell out of my chair laughing when Rin came in and heard Kyousuke's out-of-context confession. The ensuing tension was so funny. XD

testyal1 said:

He gave his opinion and you go and pull out the "Cool story bro." Really? Lol. People like you make me want to facepalm really hard.
Oct 26, 2012 2:35 AM

May 2010
Masato is awesome!This ''battle with a thrown weapon'' is totally not his thing XD.
It took me a long time to see this episode because i googled narcolepsy and watched some videos for about 20 minutes -_-...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 2:55 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
SleepingEntity said:
jasque said:
blasterion said:
SleepingEntity said:

testyal1 said:

He gave his opinion and you go and pull out the "Cool story bro." Really? Lol. People like you make me want to facepalm really hard.

No, I pulled out the "cool story bro" because he was not really giving his opinion, he was essentially making a demand of the series, which is laughable at best and utterly preposterous at worst. To so quickly and preemptively judge a series that has only just begun with no justification whatsoever to me is not worth a decent response. Even if he were to drop it, there really wasn't a point in announcing it in such a pointless manner. What did he expect us to do about it? Should I have instead repeated what many have done and reassured him that "it gets better, etc. etc". To be frank, I'm sick of trying. I'd like nothing more than to try to keep people watching what I am certain will be a brilliant series, but honestly, it's not working. People are asking for too much in the beginning episodes.

The fact that he basically said "improve this series in 2 episodes or I will say it's shit" is what provoked such a seemingly simplistic response from me. Also, I'm sick of people making ridiculously early judgments on LB when the overwhelming evidence to the contrary is everywhere. They already have the word of those who have played the VN that the story is brilliant, and if pulled off correctly, will remain brilliant, even in anime format. What more do these people want? Spoilers regarding the plot?

Surely my frustration is warranted? I wasn't even making inflammatory remarks. Please don't make assumptions about the person I am. I am more than capable of having intelligent discussion with those who are also willing to do the same.
SleepingEntityOct 26, 2012 3:03 AM
Oct 26, 2012 4:53 AM
Dec 2007
While I can see both your points, it is true people are kinda pretty much demanding the story to come out guns blazing and people really can't tell them "oh it gets better in enough non-spoilerish ways to make them content it seems. Maybe this is the kind of show that doesn't lends itself well to a week to week viewing. In fact, neither was Kanon or Clannad honestly. I remember those old discussion threads for Clannad and people try to deny it now but there were enough naysayers and "this shit sucks" to give one a migraine too but once the whole thing was over people gave it a fairer shot because they knew where it ended up.

Oct 26, 2012 2:16 PM
Nov 2010
Stark700 said:

Lizbeth my favorite character of the series now.
Gonna keep watching the show for her.
Oct 26, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 2008
Random45 said:
MagicFlier said:
Random45 said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Random45 said:
Smooched said:
Komari's voice really annoys me. Is it just me?

I don't think anyone likes her, or her awful voice.

Are you kidding? For what I've noticed, most of LB! fans liked her best, not counting Kud of course :P

That is really sad. Komari is the sum of EVERYTHING I hate in an anime girl. She has a very high pitch and annoying voice, she is so clumsy I'm afraid she is going to trip down some stairs and die, she's a freaking idiot... Argh, I can't stand her at all.

Kud at least has some redeeming values - she is smart as hell and cute, something Komari severely lacks in both regards.

I don't know your definition of cute but just to let you know, Kud was tutored by Komari in a few subjects pretty successfully.. lol

Ugh, that makes it all even worse. We are seriously supposed to believe that she, of all people, actually tutors others in school work? I guess this is a pretty common trope in Key works, because Kotomi from Clannad comes to mind immediately. She acts like an absolute idiot, but apparently is very smart. Go figure.

I don't care about your hate of Komari but this point about Kotomi I must address.
Kotomi is socially awkward which is very understandable given her circumstances, there's plenty of people irl who are hopeless in social contexts but extremely smart in their studies. What's so unbelievable about this? *eyeroll*

Now onto what I came here for, Kurugaya looks cool in the fight. And I can't wait to see Kud next episode!
Oct 26, 2012 7:30 PM
Sep 2012
Only one more day until Ku-chan! I'm so excited! This is what I've been waiting for since April! X3 Wafu!
Oct 26, 2012 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
Still nothing exciting except Kurugaya in this episode!!!!
Signature
Oct 26, 2012 8:33 PM
Aug 2011
KudryavkaWafuu said:
Only one more day until Ku-chan! I'm so excited! This is what I've been waiting for since April! X3 Wafu!

Wafu~ Sure I've never heard it yet, but my body is ready to hear it.
Oct 26, 2012 8:59 PM

Oct 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
KudryavkaWafuu said:

Are you? Is your body ACTUALLY ready? U sure u won't die from nosebleed? Body implosion? Radiation from flowers of moe? or from rainbows and unicorns exploding out of your brain? XD
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Oct 26, 2012 9:35 PM
Jul 2012
eltonsu999 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
KudryavkaWafuu said:

Are you? Is your body ACTUALLY ready? U sure u won't die from nosebleed? Body implosion? Radiation from flowers of moe? or from rainbows and unicorns exploding out of your brain? XD

I've cleared Kudwafter with a straight face before, I think I am ready.
Oct 26, 2012 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
blasterion said:
eltonsu999 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
KudryavkaWafuu said:

Mission complete! I have yet to play that though I am very eager to do so once the translation is out. :)
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Oct 26, 2012 11:04 PM

Jan 2011
eltonsu999 said:
blasterion said:
eltonsu999 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
KudryavkaWafuu said:

Mission complete! I have yet to play that though I am very eager to do so once the translation is out. :)

I need to prepare my loli-adorer body.

Kud had the best cgs in VN imo
Oct 28, 2012 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
Yesssss, I finally have a new reason to keep watching.

Kurugaya is what the Little Busters needed.
Oct 28, 2012 3:32 PM
Jul 2012
DraconisMarch said:
I never thought that I would ever consider DROPPING a Key anime.

- annoying as fuck female characters.
- lots of fanservice garbage (thanks, J.C. Staff).
- annoying as fuck voices.

Whore tits is just another T&A slut with a retarded personality.

The dudes are the only characters I give a shit about--particularly Riki.

Speaking of fanservice
blasterionOct 28, 2012 3:59 PM
Oct 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
the perfect beauty, perfectly smart, perfect strength, and boobs (oops lol)...
KURUGAYA is out!!!! wowww can't wait for next episode
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.