Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2012 3:44 PM

Feb 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More dolls and more hina! ^^ but more bath scenes? I used to drown dolls when i was smaller.
VenneriaOct 18, 2012 3:52 PM
Oct 18, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
lol at all the fan service in this episode especially when "Master" had to retouch the paint on Hina's butt. Hina's so cute when she goes dere dere.

Action scenes were pretty decent too.
Oct 19, 2012 5:20 AM
Jun 2008
so now give seen of a robbery going so hina & doll from ep.1 doing so scouting to find clues while other 3 just spa bath relax?

oh here some more dolls in racer outfit mode then other 3 arrive cause find proof clear their master name.

so after bit hoopla manage calm it all all fine the master is safe, two cat dolls got team rocket treatment, & hina need a painting clean.

next is racing ep.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 19, 2012 6:04 AM

Apr 2010
It's a good thing the dolls get 90% of the screen time seeing as there owner is a complete idiot and a pretty boring character on top of that.
I mean off course your gonna get arrested if your walking around with stolen goods in the middle of the street.

Anyway it was nice to see some more of Hina and the doll from episode one and some new dolls as well.
And the doll from episode one got beaten pretty fast by those new dolls yet Hina and Ann managed to put up a pretty good fight against them.
Oct 19, 2012 6:41 AM

Aug 2010
MASTAH.
Oct 19, 2012 7:20 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode and cool fights. So far so good.

Oct 19, 2012 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
Had to facepalm myself during this scene:

Oh silly Hina Strarf
Oct 19, 2012 10:25 AM

Mar 2010
Those Shinki are so moe and awesome. I want one.w

Good episode!
Oct 19, 2012 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
What did he do walk past a police station with a armload of parts lol. That vending machine XD.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 19, 2012 12:24 PM

Sep 2011
And dropped ._. Rarely drop, but I couldn't stand how bored I got.
Oct 19, 2012 2:06 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Some parts of this are surprisingly good. There are few cute and funny parts scattered throughout. There are even some cool action parts, but unfortunately, they are hidden between boring and flat out weird parts. The fan service parts just feel weird. I'm not feeling the tiny doll baths or tiny doll yuri washing or tiny doll doggy style, lol. This episode was overloaded with fan service scenes. Hopefully, these scenes become more scattered throughout the series and aren't a staple for every episode. I don't want to drop this, but....
Oct 19, 2012 3:00 PM

Jul 2009
Tyrel said:
And dropped ._. Rarely drop, but I couldn't stand how bored I got.

Well, we tried. It's not 'bad' but not something worth watching either.
Oct 19, 2012 4:58 PM

Feb 2012
Dat fanservice.

Hina bending over at the end was just HNNNGGHHH.

I'm liking this show so far. Reminds me a lot of toy story which was pretty much my childhood, except with more fighting and cute girls + fanservice. A win combo for me ;D
Oct 19, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2011
This show....
Oct 19, 2012 6:47 PM
Nov 2010
this show is worth it just for the reactions of the people watching it.
Oct 19, 2012 7:09 PM
Apr 2011
The tags for this anime are a bit misleading judging by the direction of the anime so far. It's more of slice-of-life, and I'll say it is all right, but I wouldn't say it is that great either.

Anyways, yeah, I agree with KingYoshi said. I"m not feeling the fan service either. ^^;
Oct 19, 2012 7:52 PM

May 2010
aside from the pointless bath scene that has make a really face all the time, action scene was quite good.

4/5
Oct 19, 2012 8:29 PM

Jun 2012
Meh.. Alot of what happens is really pointless but whatever... Not dropping just yet.
Oct 19, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2011
xjakku said:
Those Shinki are so moe and awesome. I want one.w

Me too

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 20, 2012 2:36 AM

Jan 2011
Finally some action! Nice fight scenes but I felt it ended too quickly though...

O.o I thought Hina's "clothes" were gonna need sewing but its actually painted.
Nice to see Hina going doggy-style and getting her ass painted haha
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 20, 2012 5:37 AM

May 2011
Pretty cute episode, but a little less fun than the first two. Liked the Hina fanservice at the end, it made up for the rest.
Oct 20, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2009
Once again dat hamster made the episode a success.
Instead of the boring male MC, make the hamster the MC, then everyone will be happy =D
Oct 20, 2012 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
That Hina. I'll watch the show just for this doll.
Oct 20, 2012 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
I think I am falling in love with this series.
The 4 shinki are all great and they have chemistry together.
The action scene is done well - up to the level of Infinite Stratos!
The fanservice and moe scenes are never in short supply, and I love how they adapt the human way into shinki way (so if part of the uniform is torn, paint it not sew it)
The OP/ED all fit the mood of the series so well.
The balance of slice-of-life and action is just perfect (i.e. mainly slice-of-life but interlace it with actions sometimes)

Aversa said:
It's a good thing the dolls get 90% of the screen time seeing as there owner is a complete idiot and a pretty boring character on top of that.

He may not be too interesting but he is definitely not an idiot He did not ask his shinki to do unreasonable things or has idiotic ideas about the shinki. He is just a peaceful guy who loves his shinki and takes very good care of them, and apparently he knows a lot about shinki and has a pretty skilful hand handling it too.
Aversa said:

I mean off course your gonna get arrested if your walking around with stolen goods in the middle of the street.

Well, he found them lying on the park and picked them up... not entirely his fault I would say.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 21, 2012 7:10 AM

Jan 2011
Those actions scenes are pretty cool.
Now if only the MC wasn't some stupid retard but someone who actually did cool stuff this would've been a lot more fun. The hamster on the other hand is cool and awesome.
Venneria said:
I used to drown dolls when i was smaller.

Rofl, but those dolls didn't 'live'.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 21, 2012 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
Nice. Another show with a guest appearance of both Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari. Always funny when they're appearing together.
Oct 21, 2012 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
finally some intense shinki battle action!! hope to see more! :)
Oct 22, 2012 12:23 AM

Feb 2012
That was some fanservice ep of dolls xD

lol'd at "It's a lady's job to be clean down to her last screwhole".
Oct 22, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Well the action was ok and I liked the green and red motorcycle/tricycle shinki, but I'm not fond of this show's lack of substance. Dropping it here.

Oct 23, 2012 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
That was a good episode with epic action. If there's one thing I love about this series, it's the armor they wear. That should replace mechas, the cool looks of the armor and weapons that they carry, it's awesome. I am also excited to see the circuit race next week.
4.5/5

Oct 26, 2012 4:30 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Aversa said:

He may not be too interesting but he is definitely not an idiot He did not ask his shinki to do unreasonable things or has idiotic ideas about the shinki. He is just a peaceful guy who loves his shinki and takes very good care of them, and apparently he knows a lot about shinki and has a pretty skilful hand handling it too.
Aversa said:

Well, he found them lying on the park and picked them up... not entirely his fault I would say.
The male only outstanding feature is that he is skilful with Shinki other that that i could not find any outstanding feature.
His personality has pretty much been the same from the first episode even in that police box he was showing the same behaviour.
Clueless of the world and why he was arrested.
If you find one or two things lying around on the street i can understand you bring them to the police as lost and found but if you find a number of items lying in a straight line don't you start to think something is of.
If you want to do your good deed as a citizen isn't it better to call the police in that case and let them find out what's wrong.
It's just a matter of common sense.
Oct 26, 2012 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
The male only outstanding feature is that he is skilful with Shinki other that that i could not find any outstanding feature.

He also takes good care of his Shinki, not just skilful with fixing or handling them.
Aversa said:

His personality has pretty much been the same from the first episode even in that police box he was showing the same behaviour.
Clueless of the world and why he was arrested.
If you find one or two things lying around on the street i can understand you bring them to the police as lost and found but if you find a number of items lying in a straight line don't you start to think something is of.

Consistency can be a good thing. As for bringing the parts to the police, my interpretation is that he was intercepted by the police before he could go to the police station and the police would not believe his story that he picked them up in the park. You can say it would be smarter for him to just call the police and then wait at the park lest the parts be taken by somebody else, but perhaps like seeing a purse on the ground, the instinct is to pick it up instead of calling the police to come for it. It is a matter of commonsense.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2012 2:24 AM
Apr 2012
This is one of the most cutest anime this season besides Chuunibyou.
Oct 28, 2012 10:57 PM

Mar 2010
Fan service and moe for this episode was pretty alright. The battle with Strarf was rather good and i like that the animation to 3D transitions are smooth and don't look too different from one another.

I'm mostly just disappointed in the artists choice to dumb down the mechanics of the dolls in the bath scene. In some shots their hinges and screws aren't visible at all, like they had normal human skin. Sort of defeats the purpose of using cute moe dolls for fan service if your going to just portray them as humans in such a heavy ecchi scene...

Edit: they are talking about how "Master" isn't that outstanding of a character up there and all I have to say is....this anime is NOT about the master, its about moe doll fan service and fight scenes, the master doesn't have any specific features because japanese male fans who watch the show are supposed to be able to put themselves in his shoes, thats who shows like this are directed towards, not kids or straight girls...most male fans just don't care enough to want to get to know to know "master" and the producers know that the scenes that will sell the anime are the gratuitious ones of the shinki girls.
plutomuttOct 28, 2012 11:01 PM
Oct 30, 2012 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
^ I agree that the hinges should be dealt with more properly in the bath scene.

baracudaboy said:

Edit: they are talking about how "Master" isn't that outstanding of a character up there and all I have to say is....this anime is NOT about the master, its about moe doll fan service and fight scenes, the master doesn't have any specific features because japanese male fans who watch the show are supposed to be able to put themselves in his shoes.

Very true. However this also presents a problem: The fans in Japan cannot identify themselves with a MC with such a plain face. It almost threatens the popularity of the show because some fans actually got a feeling that the MC may indicate that the animation quality may not be that good. It is only after the first 2 episodes that the consensus was established that the MC does not matter after all because of how interesting the shinki are and how well they are animated.

Oct 31, 2012 1:58 AM

Mar 2010
symbv said:
^ I agree that the hinges should be dealt with more properly in the bath scene.

baracudaboy said:

Edit: they are talking about how "Master" isn't that outstanding of a character up there and all I have to say is....this anime is NOT about the master, its about moe doll fan service and fight scenes, the master doesn't have any specific features because japanese male fans who watch the show are supposed to be able to put themselves in his shoes.

Very true. However this also presents a problem: The fans in Japan cannot identify themselves with a MC with such a plain face. It almost threatens the popularity of the show because some fans actually got a feeling that the MC may indicate that the animation quality may not be that good. It is only after the first 2 episodes that the consensus was established that the MC does not matter after all because of how interesting the shinki are and how well they are animated.

Yeah hes pretty much supposed to be faceless and sort of shaky when it comes to character I think, so you can ignore him easier haha
Nov 26, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
Action packed battle with some nice effects there. Wasn't prepared for Hina's sultry pose for her paint job, glad to see it's still keeping the plastic figure mentality running through the show.
Dec 1, 2012 8:32 PM

Jun 2011
Aversa said:

Anyway it was nice to see some more of Hina and the doll from episode one and some new dolls as well.
And the doll from episode one got beaten pretty fast by those new dolls yet Hina and Ann managed to put up a pretty good fight against them.

Yeah he knew everything that's happening in the world. Like hell he knew. He was just a kind person that happened to saw some trash on the ground and picked it back up
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 20, 2014 1:53 PM

May 2012
Interesting action and pretty decent development, let's see what's next though!
Feb 28, 2018 5:14 PM

Aug 2007
The animal shinki are cute. That... is the only thing I can say good about this whole episode.

I'm also lowkey confused why this isn't tagged Ecchi?

Jul 3, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2020
Where't the Ecchi tag? Nice fanservice and bath scenes. That yuri washing and moaning was really something.

Well, there was also plenty of action and new Shinki which is nice.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 10:40 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Busou Shinki Episode 12 Discussion

Daipyon - Dec 20, 2012

28 by Serafos »»
Jul 4, 2021 12:28 PM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Episode 11 Discussion

Elite60 - Dec 13, 2012

21 by Serafos »»
Jul 4, 2021 12:05 PM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Dec 6, 2012

17 by Serafos »»
Jul 4, 2021 11:43 AM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

24 by Serafos »»
Jul 4, 2021 11:37 AM

Poll: » Busou Shinki Episode 8 Discussion

Elite60 - Nov 22, 2012

26 by Serafos »»
Jul 4, 2021 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.