Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2012 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh for the love of Amuro and Char, why did I have to see this again? Maybe because I have forgotten the OVA series that spawned this after watching it more than two years ago. @_@ Now I remembered why that was forgettable and this was... regrettable. X_X

I had to re-rate the OVA series again and even downgraded it because this was suddenly shit-weird again. The art and animation was great but being a movie, the pacing on this one suffered, the story almost became incoherent and confusing even if Nina was narrating it. And oh, how I remembered why I hated her on the OVA, she's even worse here! >_<

Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 10, 2014 6:44 AM
Aug 2013
that was a total waste of time since it's just a summary of the stardust memory :
and Nina narrating it was double annoying for me :s
Oct 23, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2012
__amaterasu__ said:
That was a total waste of time since it's just a summary of stardust memory. And Nina narrating it was double annoying for me :s
Not necessarily. I didnt watch stardust memory yet so it gave me a quick overview of it. I'll watch the main series when I have more free time.
Jul 27, 2016 1:08 PM

May 2012
For a recap this was actually very good! Pretty solid way to bundle the whole story together of this series! If you don't want to spend all the time in the series, these recap movies are actually a really good to watch!
Oct 28, 2019 3:49 PM

Aug 2010
RafaelDeJongh said:
For a recap this was actually very good! Pretty solid way to bundle the whole story together of this series! If you don't want to spend all the time in the series, these recap movies are actually a really good to watch!

I fit the bill right there - wasn't sure if I had the patience for all of Stardust Memories, so I'm not disappointed.

A short note on the music though: the instrumental version of the theme song was wayyy more effective at evoking the tragic and bittersweet atmosphere of the aftermath of war - especially where it was placed in the beginning amidst scenes of postwar reconstruction at colony-debris sites. Hearing the vocal version in the end totally ruined it for me - it felt like a super-cheesy rendering of the theme. Tag if you felt the same way.
May 22, 2020 12:50 AM
Dec 2012
Honestly this is probably one of the more successful compilation films that Gundam has put out...when it comes to the "compilation" part anyways. The story of the original 0083 OVA is just fundamentally flawed at its core in a way that trimming it down just doesn't fix.

Like anyone who only saw this film and figured most of Nina's motivations and backstory must have been left on the cutting room floor a la typical compilation film problems would be forgiven for thinking so.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.