Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2012 7:01 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Now we know a little bit about why they shouldn't have really invited Kakeru and his regrets.
:(((

and that last line from Suwa O___O

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Oct 17, 2012 7:21 AM

Aug 2010
What?!! That last line from Suwa!! Don't tell me that he also received a letter from his future self? Or maybe he is referring to a different letter??

I feel sad for Kakeru.. I knew something big must have happened during his first day. Oh man...
Oct 17, 2012 7:33 AM

Dec 2011
This is getting so interesting. :D
Oct 17, 2012 7:53 AM
Feb 2012
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I freaked out when i saw that last line!! It isnt that weird 'but i never expected it!!! I really like Suwa!! Maybe they all got a letter, cant wait till the next episode!!
Oct 17, 2012 9:47 AM

Jun 2009
Suwa also got a letter. I feel even worse for him now.

At least we now know what happened to Kakeru's mom and that Kakeru's accident was really a suicide.

Such a great manga.
[/center]
Oct 17, 2012 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
hmm so Suwa also got a letter, maybe the others did too?
that would make seance for Suwa in that he has been encouraging Kakeru to go after Naho, because in the letter he would know that in one future he already got Naho. well probably not that he got Naho but that he is content and happy. so he must have been told something like now its his turn to be a good friend to Kakeru and Naho.

but yea Kakeru did Suicide, we knew it for the most part but now we got a little more information why.
yea that opening day incident must have brought about great guilt for Kakeru. i feel for him.

now i just want to know how they did the letter delivery.

good stuff can't wait for more.

also for people who like Suwa even more now. that's cool and all. But its a given already that he is a good/great guy. Hence in the future Naho ended up with him; probably even after her facing great depression over Kakeru's death, it would be right to assume that Suwa was there for her and everything so what happened in the future was good for them. But knowing he may have gotten the letter also, and as such he was doing his job well by helping Kakeru and Naho in the present despite his feelings its understandable to like him more. However it is selfish to hope he gets Suwa again in this 2nd universe/timeline that has been created. btw this just my opinion i wanted to let out.

ChimasternmayOct 19, 2012 3:43 PM
Oct 17, 2012 3:40 PM
Aug 2012
You never know, it could just be a letter about something else to keep us in suspense but hopefully not. I like Suwa even more after this chapter, and if what the user above is actually true that will be interesting ( Suwa letting Naho go after Kakeru because he will die). damn this is too much.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Oct 17, 2012 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
This manga is tearing apart my heart oh my gosh it's so good.

At least we know a little more about how and why Kakeru died and about his mom. It's depressing how clingy parents like that can be and things happen and I guess it's not always what we think it'll turn out to be. Kakeru's mom will forgive him that's for sure.

And the last line from Suwa; does that mean he also got a similar letter? Did they all get letters from their future selves?

I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF I'VE WAITED A MONTH FOR THIS CHAPTER THERE ARE TEARS POURING OUT OF MY EYES WAHHH
Oct 17, 2012 7:11 PM
Aug 2011
I wonder where Kakeru is.
If they all have letters and Kakeru still dies...God knows what i'll do.
Oct 17, 2012 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
Although nothing was really surprising, it was still heartbreaking reading about them, knowing that the depressing scenario I've come up with was actually real. The anticipation, more than the surprise is killing me.

If it were possible that Naho has only dreamt everything, and in the end she'll wake up from that dream and live a happier life, just to save them all from this depression, I'd take that kind of ending. Or not.

Anyway, great chapter. I actually didn't want to read it yet; I was afraid this chapter would leave me heartbroken for the entire month until the next chapter comes out, but I couldn't stay away. ;_;

Helladank said:
If they all have letters and Kakeru still dies...God knows what i'll do.

I'll prolly kill myself to tell Kakeru sorry. :<
Oct 17, 2012 7:53 PM
Aug 2012
am I the only one that wants Kakeru to die? trololol
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Oct 17, 2012 9:40 PM
Aug 2011
muntasir123 said:
am I the only one that wants Kakeru to die? trololol

YES YOU ARE!!!

Kakeru makes my life hurt. I'm too invested.

I was too busy gluing my heart back together from the previous pages so the part with Suwa at the end kind of surprised me.
Oct 17, 2012 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
I think i'm going to cry.
If suwa got a letter just like Naho's then it makes perfect sense! Because i never thought he would hand over the girl he likes to a friend just because he's a friend right?

It's sad that kakeru's mom committed suicide just because his son didn't showed up, that's a little selfish because she was in good condition to go by herself, right? I feel sorry for her and for kakeru too, though :(

This manga is giving me so many feels ;u;
Oct 18, 2012 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
tohzuki said:
t's sad that kakeru's mom committed suicide just because his son didn't showed up, that's a little selfish because she was in good condition to go by herself, right? I feel sorry for her and for kakeru too, though :(
Kakeru's mother was clearly mentally ill. She shouldn't have been left on her own at all but it's not like you can except a 15-year-old to understand how to take care of someone like that. Especially alone. It's also incredibly taxing on someone to take care of a loved one who's no longer "all there" so to speak. I sadly speak from experience but in my case my mother got better through medicine.

This series is very, very painful for me to read and I ended up crying when Kakeru started explaining what happened to his mother exactly because it hit close to home. The idea that someone would want Kakeru to die is unbelievably disgusting to me.

BEGINNER
Oct 18, 2012 4:37 AM
Mar 2012
I think Suwa and Naho will want to save Kakeru. Naho fall for Suwa, but Kakeru and so die. Future can't be changed, but Suwa and Naho won't feel regret anymore. Or the second version of it, Naho fall for Suwa, but save Kakeru and he gets another girl.
Oct 18, 2012 7:07 AM

Jul 2011
SUWA ALSO GOT A LETTER!!!! I wasn't expecting that!
Oct 18, 2012 7:57 AM

May 2012
i seriously cried at this chapter i am begging for it to update faster OAO ;A;
when their future selves cried reading kakeru's letter i shed so many tears shed in this manga. orange is so great it also taught me a lot which is to never regret =[[[
Oct 18, 2012 8:18 AM
Aug 2012
I think it should be realistic and the future shouldnt change, that will make this manga truly a masterpiece, knowing something but realizing no matter what you do there exists only one path. I dont mind Kakeru he seems pretty chill, but Suwa is way to likeable as a person for me.

Also I remind those who can read Japanese to buy volume one and support the author ill provide link if necessary.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Oct 18, 2012 2:49 PM

Dec 2009
Suwa, wow knowing he got a letter ... makes since with how he's stepped aside to bring Naho and Kakeru...
Oct 18, 2012 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
wow, Kakeru really commited suicide. Im in shock. So instead of Kakeru is Suwa who received a letter. Well I knew someone other than Naho had one. I hope they can change Kakeru´s future.
I think it will be now that Naho might come to develop feelings for Suwa since they must work together to save their best friend.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 18, 2012 8:31 PM

Jun 2008
I saw Kakeru's story coming.

WOW, what a twist! :D
HEY!
Oct 19, 2012 10:54 AM

Oct 2010
Saw both of these coming, but I'm glad Suwa told Naho he got a letter as well.
Oct 20, 2012 2:50 AM

Jun 2010
Not surprised that Kakeru committed suicide, it had started to become obvious.
Oct 20, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
I was a bit surprised that Suwa got a letter as well. Anyway, awesome chapter.

Why isn't there an anime adaption of this yet?
Oct 20, 2012 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
meepsheep said:

Because it the anime would be 8 episodes long even then I this doesn't go past ch50 plus this type of manga won't get anime. And it does get one with few chapters the anime would suck with many things left out.
Oct 21, 2012 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
Chimasternmay said:
meepsheep said:

Because it the anime would be 8 episodes long even then I this doesn't go past ch50 plus this type of manga won't get anime. And it does get one with few chapters the anime would suck with many things left out.

Yeah but if at least they planned to do an adaption. ^^ Not really start one yet.
Oct 29, 2012 4:51 PM

Aug 2012
Aw, I've cried v___v" I really really want to know what'll happen next.
«I'm sorry, Sasuke. There won't be a next time.»
Oct 29, 2012 6:00 PM

Oct 2010
Chimasternmay said:
meepsheep said:

plus this type of manga won't get anime.

This "type" of manga?
Oct 29, 2012 6:15 PM

Aug 2008
yokaii said:
Chimasternmay said:
meepsheep said:

plus this type of manga won't get anime.

This "type" of manga?

This manga is very detailed with info and rich in story and character plus unique and so for it to get an anime I believe it at least need more chapter to warrant giving it seasons type anime series 13 ep in sets of however many needed or 24. It's to early to tell if I could get one I just think if done to early it would be bad.
Nov 1, 2012 3:20 PM
Aug 2012
Shojo animes never get extremely popularity, with a few exceptions. Its not exactly the first thing a producer would want to try adapting. Plus anime tends to stay away from more tragic/drama intensive things as well. This isnt popular either with an exception being clannad although I didnt even think it was that sad. This will need around 20 chapters atleast for an anime, even then they might need some filler.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Nov 2, 2012 10:11 AM

Nov 2007
I just rewatched Steins;Gate Ova. I know that the concept of time travelling is the same and they can somehow change past BUT WITH THIS LATEST CHAPTER, I just feel that they got some parts of it from the anime/manga.

I mean, IF SUWA (only Suwa) got the letter, then the and Naho can work it out somehow, and that would also be the way where they will end up with each other. hoho. KurisuxOkabe.

Anyway, let's set aside that for now.
================================================

It still has its originality and i love it. Especially the last line. Gosh! That maybe the reason why Suwa can smile gently and cheer up Kakeru x Naho.

I wonder now if all of them got a letter, after all THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME REGRET! And that is INVITING KAKERU ON THAT DAY!
- but if Suwa got a letter, how come they still invited him?

myanswer(though, its just my hunch) : was it because they didn't believe it at first? Like for example, Naho! She didn't object in that day because she doesn't believe it fully right?
- was that the answer though?
Ugh. Excited for the next one. :D
Nov 4, 2012 5:53 PM

Feb 2009
This manga is amazing..
It's the reason I'm still up at 2am.

I'm so excited for the next release! I'm dying to find out what happens. This manga is such a mix of my favourite series. I love the mood and pacing and the love triangle is perrrrrrfect omfg.
Nov 5, 2012 6:10 AM

May 2010
Chimasternmay said:
that would make seance for Suwa in that he has been encouraging Kakeru to go after Naho, because in the letter he would know that in one future he already got Naho. well probably not that he got Naho but that he is content and happy. so he must have been told something like now its his turn to be a good friend to Kakeru and Naho.

but yea Kakeru did Suicide, we knew it for the most part but now we got a little more information why.
yea that opening day incident must have brought about great guilt for Kakeru. i feel for him.

also for people who like Suwa even more now. that's cool and all. But its a given already that he is a good/great guy. Hence in the future Naho ended up with him; probably even after her facing great depression over Kakeru's death, it would be right to assume that Suwa was there for her and everything so what happened in the future was good for them. But knowing he may have gotten the letter also, and as such he was doing his job well by helping Kakeru and Naho in the present despite his feelings its understandable to like him more. However it is selfish to hope he gets Suwa again in this 2nd universe/timeline that has been created. btw this just my opinion i wanted to let out.

I totally agrree with you since I thought of the same things you mentioned.
Nov 5, 2012 6:12 AM

May 2010
muntasir123 said:
I think it should be realistic and the future shouldnt change, that will make this manga truly a masterpiece, knowing something but realizing no matter what you do there exists only one path. I dont mind Kakeru he seems pretty chill, but Suwa is way to likeable as a person for me.

Also I remind those who can read Japanese to buy volume one and support the author ill provide link if necessary.

It can never be realistic even then since she got a letter from FUTURE...There is no way it is possible to receive a letter from future.It is already out of realistic zone.
Nov 6, 2012 2:52 PM
Aug 2012
Thats not what I meant by realistic, I mean realistic from the current story point of view. Suppose that were to happen the most realistic thing to happen is that the future wouldnt change, and you never know what if you get a letter from the future haha ;D
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Nov 9, 2012 12:48 AM

Dec 2009
of course when I start reading the manga today, I end up in chapter 8 where it has the most suspense of all the chapters, lol

I kinda had a feeling deep down wondering if there would be someone with a letter just like Naho
Nov 9, 2012 8:49 PM

Mar 2011
Kakeru committed suicide = Thought so :'/

Suwa has a note as well = O__________________________O WHUT?
Nov 10, 2012 12:28 PM

Aug 2011
Holy fuck Suwa. That explains a LOT.
Nov 17, 2012 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
itsvero said:
Holy fuck Suwa. That explains a LOT.

I agree!!!
Nov 20, 2012 3:10 PM
Sep 2011
Well, this is pretty good so far. I am also wondering why this manga does not have an anime adaptation yet. It could be an instant hit and very popular.
Nov 20, 2012 10:20 PM
Nov 2010
Chimasternmay said:

I agree with you, Suwa is a good guy, but I can't help but wonder
if Suwa got a letter too, why did he invite Kakeru to walk home with them on the first day? I wonder if it is because even in the future he still doesn't know Naho's part of the story ??
Nov 22, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2008
MiSsBeatoChan said:

I agree with you, Suwa is a good guy, but I can't help but wonder
if Suwa got a letter too, why did he invite Kakeru to walk home with them on the first day? I wonder if it is because even in the future he still doesn't know Naho's part of the story ??

Maybe because they couldn't believe it at first.. they thought it was some kind of prank or something. Naho wasn't taking the letter seriously in the beginning, right? The rest of them probably thought that way too.
Nov 26, 2012 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
Ouch! That's rough, holy shit, no wonder she shouldn't have invited Kakeru... But if Kakeru finds out about those letters I really think he might commit suicide, he will find out his friends are just supporting him out of pity and probably take it the wrong way... Personally I would prefer it if this manga took an alternate reality path (sort of like in Steins;Gate)... Sorry but I'm not a huge fan of tragedy... For some reason I always root for the unrealistic ending... anyways good chapter.
Feb 19, 2013 9:20 AM

May 2011
This is just so touching ;_;. Seeing those scenes in the future and watching Kakeru talk about his regrets is just so sad. But it was nice to see some things get cleared up and get some confirmation on what really happened. :( So Kakeru's death really was a suicide and wow at that thing about his mother...

Didn't expect Suwa to have a letter as well, now it makes sense why he was supporting Naho and Kakeru that much, besides him being a nice guy of course.
Apr 24, 2013 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
I had a very fitting song for this one lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Suicide is painless
Aug 6, 2013 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
Oh...so it was a suicide after all. I guess I was wrong earlier about being just an accident. What a chapter. I feel really sorry for Kakeru after what he revealed about his mother. ;.;

On a brighter side, Naho and her yukata is kawaii.
Aug 7, 2013 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Man, this chapter was just too much, first we find out that Kakeru's "accident" was actually suicide, the truth about his mom, and that Suwa has a letter as well.
This manga just surprises me at every corner...
Sep 22, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
That last part - wow, I wondered if maybe Suwa had a letter too because he seemed so mature and understanding, so it makes sense if that's what he means. But her future self did not tell her she winds up with Suwa. Maybe his future self did not tell him either and in the alternate reality this creates she is with Kakeru. I do feel bad for Suwa but it's his choice to help save his friend.
Nov 25, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2010
Tha chapter was probably the most dramatic one up to now. I mean what was expected of Kakeru - to live in servitude to his mother? And even the other way around is not quite acceptable, as he'd be more or less responsible if something happens to her.

Am I the only one who thinks that Suwa will still end up with Naho, one way or another? I've always thought that Suwa is just too much of a good guy, acting the way he did in the past chapters, but what if his future self is confident that he'll get Naho even if Kakeru lives or even what if he has made a gamble on this? I really can't see even the best guy in the world acting against his relationship with his most loved girl, if his luck allows him to end up with her.
MeritasNov 25, 2013 12:01 PM
May 7, 2014 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
Man, this manga is a masterpiece. I bursted into tears twice in this chapter even though I saw Kakeru's suicide coming.

But not that Suwa had anothet letter, makes sense since he's married to Naho in the future.

10/10 This needs an adaptation.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does the anime and movie cover it all ?

xnub - Aug 13, 2023

1 by ixaa »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:08 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

12 by Frog_blue »»
Feb 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Haru-iro Astronaut Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

6 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:20 AM

» orange rerelease

Gieog_ - Jan 27, 2022

8 by Smashdevil »»
Jan 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 3 Discussion

ZeroZx - Jul 8, 2012

21 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.