Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Oct 8 - 14

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Oct 16, 2012 1:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for October 8th - 14th.

Blu-ray
*1, 3,374 *3,374 Five Star Stories Discount Edition
*2, 1,552 *1,552 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.2 Limited Edition
*3, *,852 *8,555 Tari Tari vol.2
*4, *,424 *4,109 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.2
*5, *,336 *8,777 Hyouka vol.4 Limited Edition
*6, *,301 *6,143 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Fan Disc
*7, *,298 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.1 Limited Edition
*8, *,296 10,461 Tari Tari vol.1
*9, *,281 45,804 Fate/Zero 2nd Season Blu-ray Box
10, *,266 12,265 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Remaster Blu-ray Box vol.3 Limited Edition

DVD
*1, *,664 1,162,708 Tonari no Totoro
*2, *,580 *,***,580 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.2 Limited Edition
*3, *,317 *,*21,391 Summer Wars Reprint Edition
*4, *,296 *,*58,437 Kokurikozaka kara Standard Edition
*5, *,274 *,489,949 Majo no Takkyuubin
*6, *,270 *,**2,416 One Piece 14th Season vol.13
*7, *,265 *,*11,633 Kuroko no Basket vol.3
*8, *,245 *,**1,640 Naruto: Shippuuden Kyubi Shoaku to Inga naru Kaiko no Sho vol.1
*9, *,240 *,**9,180 Sore Ike! Anpanman Ongakukan

Single CD
*3, 38,906 38,906 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari "Luminous"
11, *6,969 *6,969 Btooom! "No pain, No game"
22, *2,194 31,083 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Duet Series vol.3 Shintaro & Kazunari
28, *1,862 72,974 Colorful "Boku ga Boku de Arutame Ni"
31, *1,611 *1,611 Cardfight!! Vanguard: Asia Circuit-hen Character Song vol.2 Toshiki
36, *1,418 *1,418 Cardfight!! Vanguard: Asia Circuit-hen Character Song vol.1 Aichi
41, *1,324 77,781 Sword Art Online "crossing field"
44, *1,251 50,722 Kagero Project "Children Record"

Source: Oricon Youtaiju
Modified by dtshyk, Oct 16, 2012 2:50 AM
 
#2
Oct 16, 2012 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1183
What a awfully slow week... Both vols of TT ranked, wow.
I think Hyouka finally crossed 10k mark.
Yay for Horizon!
 
#3
Oct 16, 2012 1:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8704
lucky break for Tari Tari
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Monthly light novel sales ranks (from Jan 2015)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
#4
Oct 16, 2012 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
Temporal Blu-ray + DVD Rankings for Summer 2012 (the first volumes)
*1, 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II
*2, 10,461 Tari Tari
*3, 10,325 Dog Days'
*4, *7,728 Yuru Yuri ♪♪
*5, *7,274 Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
*6, *5,347 Hakuouki Reimeiroku
*6, *4,876 Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
*8, *4,852 Oda Nobuna no Yabou
*9, *4,221 Joshiraku
10, *4,187 Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou
11, *3,762 Arcana Famiglia
12, *3,337 Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
13, *2,810 Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
14, *2,409 Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
15, *1,945 Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.
16, *1,900 Moyashimon Returns
17, *1,888 Rinne no Lagrange Season 2
18, *1,370 Binbougami ga!
19, *1,338 Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi.
20, *1,282 Upotte!!
 
#5
Oct 16, 2012 1:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
whoah, yay for Tari tari! I like that show! Gotta catch up!
And yay for KuroBas! I think Volume 3 has crossed 21k! Amazing!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
#6
Oct 16, 2012 1:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
holycrap horizon exceeded my expectations, for a second season it sure is doing pretty damn well.
 
#7
Oct 16, 2012 1:51 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2132
The data for the Madoka Magica single is wrong. It was #4 with 38,906 copies sold.
 
#8
Oct 16, 2012 1:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4622
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for October 8th - 14th.

Blu-ray
*3, *,852 *8,555 Tari Tari vol.2
*5, *,336 *8,777 Hyouka vol.4 Limited Edition
*8, *,296 10,461 Tari Tari vol.1
*9, *,281 45,804 Fate/Zero 2nd Season Blu-ray Box

Single CD
*3, *81,682 81,682 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari "Luminous"


Tari Tari v1 actually passed 10k? Wasn't it at 8760 last week? O_O Well... the source from Oricon does have it listed as selling over 10k, so that's good. Will Tari Tari v2 be able to reach 10k too?

Hyouka still very consistent. Fate/Zero II adds more... but still below Fate/Zero.

Happy to see ClariS sell so much, even if the popularity of Madoka Magica probably helped the figure along to some extent... Hope to see them sing more theme songs. Perhaps the OP for the 2nd Season of OreImo? xD
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
#9
Oct 16, 2012 1:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1155
phoenixalia said:

And yay for KuroBas! I think Volume 3 has crossed 21k! Amazing!


I am surprised they haven't announced a second season yet.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
 
Oct 16, 2012 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
One thing I notice is that all 6 volumes of MADOKA rose back up in to chart Amazon JP anime BD ranking. Currently Madoka Vol.1 is #16 if you count only anime BDs that have already been released. I wonder if the longer chart that will be published this Friday will show Madoka in it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:03 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4
you wrote the wrong selling Unit

**3 *81,682 モーニング娘。「ワクテカ Take a chance」
**4 *38,906 ClariS「ルミナス」

http://logsoku.com/thread/hayabusa3.2ch.net/morningcoffee/1350373988/8
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 165
*7, *,298 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.2 Limited Edition

eh how come?

I thought volume 2 won't be out at least until next week
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
Num1dad_Asura said:


I am surprised they haven't announced a second season yet.


Some of the top sellers and highest rated shows haven't gotten second seasons.
KuroBas not getting one does not surprise me in the least.
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 704
Nice to see Oda Nabuna having some sales,hope they make season 2.
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
Downgrade355 said:


Some of the top sellers and highest rated shows haven't gotten second seasons.
KuroBas not getting one does not surprise me in the least.


Like which shows? O_O Which highest rated shows? All the great selling shows from 2011-2012 have sequels. (Haganai, Oreimo, DxD, Chihayafuru)

If they can give Haganai and DxD second seasons when they sold 10k and 8k, KuroBas second season is definite.

My guess is that they're waiting for at least 5 volumes to be released before they announce it.

(or) waiting for the manga to end
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1155
Downgrade355 said:
Num1dad_Asura said:


I am surprised they haven't announced a second season yet.


Some of the top sellers and highest rated shows haven't gotten second seasons.
KuroBas not getting one does not surprise me in the least.


don't make it sound like it'll never happen man, all the DVD volumes are not even out yet, they are probably waiting to see more results (maybe).
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
Num1dad_Asura said:


don't make it sound like it'll never happen man, all the DVD volumes are not even out yet, I'll still cling on to hope.


don't worry. it'll be released for sure. its just a matter of time. dxd and haganai's next seasons were only announced when at least 5 volumes were in.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
articuzwolf said:
*7, *,298 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.2 Limited Edition

eh how come?

I thought volume 2 won't be out at least until next week
typo lol
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
Poor Binbougami ga :(
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Ejc said:
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for October 8th - 14th.
Single CD
*3, *81,682 81,682 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari "Luminous"

Happy to see ClariS sell so much, even if the popularity of Madoka Magica probably helped the figure along to some extent... Hope to see them sing more theme songs. Perhaps the OP for the 2nd Season of OreImo? xD

As Wario2 and NigeriaLisa said, dtshyk seemed to mistake the data for the new Morning Musume single as ClariS. MM is ranked 3rd this week and ClariS is 4th. The sales should be a much more modest 38,906. Still impressive, and better than their last single for Moyashimon Returns, but it is not 80k level (which is the level reached by Connect, the Madoka TV OP, after months)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
@all
Sorry for the mistakes.
 
Oct 16, 2012 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4622
symbv said:
Ejc said:
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for October 8th - 14th.
Single CD
*3, *81,682 81,682 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari "Luminous"

Happy to see ClariS sell so much, even if the popularity of Madoka Magica probably helped the figure along to some extent... Hope to see them sing more theme songs. Perhaps the OP for the 2nd Season of OreImo? xD

As Wario2 and NigeriaLisa said, dtshyk seemed to mistake the data for the new Morning Musume single as ClariS. MM is ranked 3rd this week and ClariS is 4th. The sales should be a much more modest 38,906. Still impressive, and better than their last single for Moyashimon Returns, but it is not 80k level (which is the level reached by Connect, the Madoka TV OP, after months)


Thanks for that. Yeah, I thought 82k was a bit much considering the SAO OP is at 78k atm after many weeks. I guess I was too happy to see such a number, lol.

It is indeed good to see it sell better this time... but Moyashimon Returns wasn't that popular in Japan, so there wasn't any doubts it would sell better.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
jmal said:
Oh and fuck yeah 10k for Hyouka: 10,217 for v4.

What kind of show breaks 10k for the first time in volume 4 of 11? Hah. Very nice.
The best thing about that is most likely v1-v3 sold around that too.
Modified by fertygo, Oct 16, 2012 3:16 AM
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
So it is now clear the oft-mentioned exalted status of FOUR HEAVENLY KINGS 四天王 for this season belongs to SAO, HORA2, DD and TT. The interesting question is the closeness between the 3rd and the 4th places -- so will TT keep the 3rd place or DD2 will snatch it back after more data come in ;ater?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
Num1dad_Asura said:

don't make it sound like it'll never happen man, all the DVD volumes are not even out yet, they are probably waiting to see more results (maybe).


I'm not trying to make it sound like it'll never happen, i'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

phoenixalia said:

Like which shows? O_O Which highest rated shows? All the great selling shows from 2011-2012 have sequels. (Haganai, Oreimo, DxD, Chihayafuru)

If they can give Haganai and DxD second seasons when they sold 10k and 8k, KuroBas second season is definite.

My guess is that they're waiting for at least 5 volumes to be released before they announce it.

(or) waiting for the manga to end


Infinite Stratos, AnoHana, Madoka, Macross Frontier, DRRR! etc. Those shows.

I've seen 2-4k sellers getting second seasons, yet, as i mentioned earlier, some of the highest rated and top selling shows haven't got any sequel whatsoever.
so KuroBas being a "definite" is far from true, and you can't compare it to stuff like Haganai or DxD since those are like an army right now, they're everywhere lol and they only keep growing.

symbv said:
So it is now clear the oft-mentioned exalted status of FOUR HEAVENLY KINGS 四天王 for this season belongs to SAO, HORA2, DD and TT. The interesting question is the closeness between the 3rd and the 4th places -- so will TT keep the 3rd place or DD2 will snatch it back after more data come in ;ater?


What's HORA2, DD and TT?
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Downgrade355 said:

Infinite Stratos, AnoHana, Madoka, Macross Frontier, DRRR! etc. Those shows.

I've seen 2-4k sellers getting second seasons, yet, as i mentioned earlier, some of the highest rated and top selling shows haven't got any sequel whatsoever.


If an anime is not based on existing material, chance for it to get a second season is lower, which can explain AnoHana, Madoka and Macross Frontier's lack of 2nd season.

Infinite Stratos is all because of the breakdown of relationship between the publisher and the author. Otherwise I am very sure it will get a 2nd season.

The only case that is less easy to explain is Durarara but it may be because I do not check news about it that often...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Downgrade355 said:

symbv said:
So it is now clear the oft-mentioned exalted status of FOUR HEAVENLY KINGS 四天王 for this season belongs to SAO, HORA2, DD and TT. The interesting question is the closeness between the 3rd and the 4th places -- so will TT keep the 3rd place or DD2 will snatch it back after more data come in ;ater?


What's HORA2, DD and TT?


I think you can check the temporal ranking in this thread and find out. It is not difficult to guess as the names like DD and TT are made up of initials.

FOUR HEAVENLY KINGS means the four bestselling titles of a season, just in case it was not clear from my post.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
symbv said:

If an anime is not based on existing material, chance for it to get a second season is lower, which can explain AnoHana, Madoka and Macross Frontier's lack of 2nd season.

Infinite Stratos is all because of the breakdown of relationship between the publisher and the author. Otherwise I am very sure it will get a 2nd season.

The only case that is less easy to explain is Durarara but it may be because I do not check news about it that often...


DRRR! hasn't gotten an announcement since 2010.

Also what about Tsukihime, ToAru, the idolm@ster, etc?

guess we'll just have to wait and see, though my point was not to get any hopes up, i'm definitely not getting mine up, i don't wanna wait a decade lol
Modified by Downgrade355, Oct 16, 2012 3:56 AM
 
Oct 16, 2012 3:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Downgrade355 said:

Also what about Tsukihime, ToAru, the idolm@ster, etc?

Tsukihime has adapted the VN until its ending, so it is the same as having no source material for adaptation after the TV series ends. If there is any new anime it would have to be something not based on the source material, though of course they can also redo the whole thing given there're so many people who dislike the adaptation.

ToAru has a 2nd season, right?

Idolm@ster is more like an original anime (at least story-wise) because the game itself does not provide a story like a VN does. But someone would actually argue that the recent Idolm@ster is a 2nd season because there is the XENOGLOSSIA earlier already. So at the end Idolm@ster only provides the platform of world settings for an anime with original story to build on.
Modified by symbv, Oct 16, 2012 4:03 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
symbv said:

Tsukihime has adapted the VN until its ending, so it is the same as having no source material for adaptation after the TV series ends. If there is any new anime it would have to be something not based on the source material, though of course they can also redo the whole thing given there're so many people who dislike the adaptation.

ToAru has a 2nd season, right?

Idolm@ster is more like an original anime (at least story-wise) because the game itself does not provide a story like a VN does. But someone would actually argue that the recent Idolm@ster is a 2nd season because there is the XENOGLOSSIA earlier already. So at the end Idolm@ster only provides the platform of world settings for an anime with original story to build on.


The adaption of Tsukihime was horrible, they didn't explain a rat's hairy ass about the protagonist's powers, they didn't adapt arcueid's full background story, they romance was almost non-existant, it was total crap.

the thing about ToAru is that the second season sold better than the first, so third season where? lol

jmal said:
Idolmaster only finished a year ago, give it time. Most likely time for a sequel is when another major title in the console series is released. It makes most of its money by being a tie-in with the game after all.


Lol, well DxD finished only months ago and the sequel is already announced.
But i hope what you said is true, the franchise is pretty successful so it deserves a sequel.
Modified by Downgrade355, Oct 16, 2012 4:09 AM
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 846
Hyouka needs to stay this consistent if it wants a invitation to the 10k+ club
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Downgrade355 said:

Tsukihime hasn't even gotten into the actual story, the eroge is 50+ hours long, you can't adapt all of that in 13 episodes.

But the anime already reaches an ending. If you check around, VN adaptation like this does not usually get a 2nd season if the anime finishes the story, even if it means much of the VN is not adapted.

Downgrade355 said:

ToAru did get a second season, and the second season sold better than the first...Third season where?

For the good sales of the 2nd season it got a movie, right? Who knows if a 3rd season is being prepared after the movie?

Downgrade355 said:

and why is Phi Brain getting a second and third season when shows like the ones we mentioned are left hanging?

I think I have mentioned the reason in some thread already... Because it was an anime sponsored by NHK.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
jmal said:

What does that have to do with anything? What you'd be looking for is a remake, not a sequel, and those are incredibly rare.


Uhh, i was trying to explain to symbv how big of a failure the adaption was, so it has nothing to do with the sequel thing and i never said it does.


@symbv
Yeah, that's why i said the adaption sucks, badly, if you've played the VN you'd be raging day and night lol

So NHK has alot of time and money on their hands, eh?
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
*3, *,852 *8,555 Tari Tari vol.2
*8, *,296 10,461 Tari Tari vol.1

very good tari tari. very good!
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
@jmal
haganai also got a second season announced just a few months after it aired, Horizon too.
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
@jmal

Well i guess we'll have to wait and see if the other shows we were discussing are getting any sequels, Railgun must get one (Lol im sorta wondering why it sold better than index...i mean Index was the original story and Railgun was some kind of a side story, right?).
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
jmal said:

Railgun sold better because people who buy BDs liked it better, and only a very small portion of the light novel fans bought the Index anime. For example, I imported Railgun but am, to put it very very mildly, not a fan of Index. For a number of reasons.


I see, it makes sense.
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 614
Downgrade355 said:
Num1dad_Asura said:


I am surprised they haven't announced a second season yet.


Some of the top sellers and highest rated shows haven't gotten second seasons.
KuroBas not getting one does not surprise me in the least.


Kuroko no Basket not getting a second season wouldn't make sense, though. The story is not finished and they still have 2 main characters to defeat (Not to mention that these characters have top seiyuu). Plus, there was the preview. I'm willing to bet 100% that KnB is going to have a S2 sooner or later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 667
Totoro *__*
 
Oct 16, 2012 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 403
well that was really slow week..
and wow TT. doing really good!
and hyouka. want some kind of OVA or Movie adapting the last volume of the series.

 
Oct 16, 2012 5:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3426
This time nothing interesting. Only both volumes of tari tari
 
Oct 16, 2012 5:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
Downgrade355 said:

so KuroBas being a "definite" is far from true, and you can't compare it to stuff like Haganai or DxD since those are like an army right now, they're everywhere lol and they only keep growing.


It doesn't matter if they're an army. fujoshi shows have an army too. gintama, AoExorcist, kurobas, sket dance, uta pri, hakuouki, inu boku are the recent ones. They are a smaller army than the otaku army but its still there.
besides, what does kuroko being from a nice market and dxd and haganai being in army have anything to do with a sequel in the first place?

If something sells, it sells and sequels are made. it doesn't matter if its otaku or fujoshi stuff.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Oct 16, 2012 5:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1574
phoenixalia said:
If something sells, it sells and sequels are made. it doesn't matter if its otaku or fujoshi stuff.

Pretty much this. Kuroko sells double what Haganai does, and that's really what matters. Not even sure one could point to Haganai's novel sales as an advantage, because KuroBas is primarily a manga and has fantastic sales there (and its novel adaptations also sell extremely well), plus the boatloads of CDs its selling...
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
Oct 16, 2012 8:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 165
Kurimu-chan said:
Kuroko no Basket not getting a second season wouldn't make sense, though. The story is not finished and they still have 2 main characters to defeat (Not to mention that these characters have top seiyuu). Plus, there was the preview. I'm willing to bet 100% that KnB is going to have a S2 sooner or later.


if story/material to be animated was what matter to decide whether the show will get second season or not, we'd already get Spice and Wolf season 3 ageeeeees ago
 
Oct 16, 2012 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 227
The real truth is that we can only guess what goes behind the Anime business model. I'm pretty sure a lot goes behind before even announcing the adaptation, so we can only try to guess and wait. I'm almost sure that Kuroko no Basket is getting a sequel, because it has really strong numbers in all the media it has been released.

Also, some other franchises try to experiment with other medias (such as OVA or movies) to see if the market is still there, I guess.

I'm glad for Tari Tari, I think it was a great series and deserves it. I would love to see an OVA developing even more the last minutes of the last episode, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
 
Oct 16, 2012 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Downgrade355 said:

So NHK has alot of time and money on their hands, eh?

Just like BBC, supported by toll that is charged to every household in the country, NHK has no problem of time and money to spend on project they consider "worthy".

If you look at other anime sponsored by NHK, many get a second season (or more) but the BD/DVD do not sell well at all.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Oct 16, 2012 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
Wow all of these worry over KuroBas 2nd season. Its WSJ's property, aside its just a moment ago the 1st season ended. Its also not like another anime. We need to wait an random Weekly Shounen Jump issue and BAM we get the 2nd season announcement, its not like another anime that only need little section in monthly anime magz, for KuroBas (or any other WSJ title) the anime news gonna out in WSJ first.
 
Oct 16, 2012 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2025
fertygo said:
Wow all of these worry over KuroBas 2nd season. Its WSJ's property, aside its just a moment ago the 1st season ended. Its also not like another anime. We need to wait an random Weekly Shounen Jump issue and BAM we get the 2nd season announcement, its not like another anime that only need little section in monthly anime magz, for KuroBas (or any other WSJ title) the anime news gonna out in WSJ first.


This. Its pretty much guaranteed, it may end up a Bakuman type of thing where theres a new 25 Episode series announced each year.

 
Oct 16, 2012 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1574
articuzwolf said:
if story/material to be animated was what matter to decide whether the show will get second season or not, we'd already get Spice and Wolf season 3 ageeeeees ago

I don't think Kurimu-chan was implying source material availability is the only thing that matters. Obviously sales are needed too. It's just taken as a given that KuroBas has more than enough sales to warrant a sequel (or three).

S&W II, unfortunately, didn't sell enough to warrant a sequel. Sales just dropped too much from season one. And with the novels over, it's never going to happen now. Sadly.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/
 
Oct 16, 2012 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
RyanSaotome said:

This. Its pretty much guaranteed, it may end up a Bakuman type of thing where theres a new 25 Episode series announced each year.
That's also my guess, and its not make any sense for weekly magz like them announce something that gonna out like 9 month from now. IIRC Bakuman doing the same thing.

Be patient folks.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »