Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2012 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
watched anime along time ago when it came out, i loved the series then. got in to manga a few years later, and found this one had to read it to see if it had any differences or additions and such. there was some which made me glad i read it.

knowing that the mangaka had to cut series short towards the end, it was much appreciated that the mangaka came out with 3 squeal bonus chapters after the series ended in the original magazine. and what was great that each of those last 3 chapters were long and finished off the series well making a point to touch on almost all the plot if not all. some was quick but its not like we can't use our brains and figure out how that turned out or how it would.

mainly at it was great how they handled Tokiko and Kazuki, throughout the series and the end rapped them two really nicely. if the series had ended at the magazine that would have been a great 8 score with their final scene together. however as we know thanks to the bonus squeal chapters we got their resolution. and that was definitely worth it to see how they actually looked as a couple and it was great.

everything was set up well for the side characters also. be it who some of the characters would end up liking or end up together. or where they would head off to doing what in the future.

anyway just gonna say it was a good read. i liked it so i'm gonna give it a 10.

for those who want to know weather they should read this if they watched the anime first. i would say its not necessary as the anime does well to complete the manga series well. tho i would say maybe read the last 3 bonus chapter (there was 4 but 1 was a one shot). because i think the last chapter you can see info on Tokiko's scar where in the anime u didn't. u also get to see more of the bond between the mains if u want to see that.

as for what was different in the anime and manga, there was only one major thing. during the Muto re-assassination squad arc. and that was where as in the anime there was 2 groups of alchemist 1 going after Kazuki and one after Victor, in the manga it was only 1 group and they only went after Kazuki. as Victor was only being dealt with the Main Warrior Chief. and some of of the alchemist from the assassination squad after they stoped that plan.

anyway me done talking.
May 2, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2012
The romance is really well done for an action manga. Tokiko's reaction every time Kazuki touched her scar was really funny and cute.

8/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Aug 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
lol Butterfly Man Papillon v2, Hypocrite Boy and Gut-Splatter Girl. The figures were very funny!

Exams will probably be a more terrifying enemy than Victor, but they'll manage to pass them. They saved the planet after all...

Busou Renkin started as a generic shonen in my eyes at first, and I came to like in the end. What I liked the most were the little moments of romance and it's duration. It wasn't long and dull, but it also didn't leave any unanswered questions

More topics from this board

Poll: » Busou Renkin Chapter 30 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Aug 19, 2014

1 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 24, 2020 8:58 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Dec 23, 2011

2 by MrLegitimacy »»
Apr 29, 2019 8:40 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Chapter 82 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Aug 22, 2014

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Aug 22, 2014 6:00 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Chapter 81 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Aug 22, 2014

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Aug 22, 2014 3:16 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Chapter 80 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Aug 21, 2014

0 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Aug 21, 2014 4:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.