Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 2 Discussion

Oct 16, 2012 4:26 PM

I had a feeling Shiina had that kind of talent.
I loled at the bed/happy birthday scene.
Nice episode.

Oct 16, 2012 4:41 PM

Sorata is such a great character, his reactions crack me up every single time. He is embarrassed in those situations, but not annoyingly so. He really is the most normal person there in a way. xD

So there's more than meets the eye to Shiina eh? She's actually a well-known painter who's trying to make it in manga now.

Oct 16, 2012 5:25 PM

I loved this episode so much!! The bed scene with Sorata and Shiina was hilarious. Nanami was so cute!! This series has made it to the top of my list!

Oct 16, 2012 6:02 PM

OOh. The show is getting more and more interesting.
I hope kanda doesn't start to play soccer and gets a new hobby

Oct 16, 2012 6:50 PM

The nurse. XD

You gotta love those tsukkomi's. XD

Oct 16, 2012 7:36 PM

What do you guys think happened between Sorata and Shiina at night? I mean the show somewhat implies sex but I really don't think that happened. Still what would require him to stay in her room the whole night? Maybe just more examining of the body? Those who read the LN could possibly give some clarification. With that being said, they don't even know each other well enough let alone have feelings for each other. I'm sure Sorata was turned on due to the whole ordeal but still I don't think they have developed feelings for each other yet; probably just friends at this point.

What do you guys think?

Oct 16, 2012 7:40 PM

Nahh, i don't think so, it's to early for something like that, they most likely just kept doing what they were already doing.

Oct 16, 2012 7:48 PM

First episode didn't have me that impressed honestly. The second one brought a ton more life to the show; I'm hoping it'll maintain its cleverness and energy without falling into too many common cliches. I liked it a lot.

Oct 16, 2012 8:17 PM

This just keeps getting better and better...
【=◈︿◈=】セックス大好き... What can I say? 【=◈︿◈=】

Oct 16, 2012 10:17 PM

Nice episode!!!! Poor Sotaro taking care of the genius Shiina.. And Shiina is pretty weird yet funny. I like her! I like all the characters! They are all unique and interesting...

Oct 16, 2012 11:44 PM

I guess since Jin has been around town, he doesn't want to give his STDs to Misaki who he respects and cares about..... ah the player's dilemma.

Oct 16, 2012 11:47 PM

Lol, what a lucky (or unlucky?) bastard.

Oct 16, 2012 11:54 PM

Not bad....kinda find Mashiro annoying, and found the super energized chick kinda annoying too. Luckily the MC is pretty cool, and Jin is pretty cool too.

@00Bubbles00
I just don't think Jin likes her like that, or at least something is keeping him from wanting to be with her. Otherwise he would have probably banged her by now. Then again, with her personality, that might not even be a sign of her liking him romantically, that's just her wild personality going the extreme for a good friend. I think I remember her doing the same thing to the MC in the first episode.
Modified by Tenchi_Ryu, Oct 17, 2012 12:33 AM

Oct 17, 2012 12:02 AM

Another good ep.

So far, so good :D
Keep it up J.C Staff.

Oct 17, 2012 3:28 AM

Laughed during the bedroom scene.
This anime series seems normal like any other I've watched but I'll keep watching anyway. I'm curious to see where it ends up.

Oct 17, 2012 3:56 AM
zZJoennZz said:
what's the point of sending Shiina to Japan from England?! xD

That will be revealed soon, its vol3 of LN

Oct 17, 2012 4:00 AM

Kinda expected Mashiro to be some sort of genius artist. Looks like almost everyone in Sakurasou is some sort of prodigy.

Sorata was damn funny esp during that bedroom scene in his boxers haha
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN

Oct 17, 2012 4:56 AM

I don't really know why I enjoy this show so much, but I just do.

Misaki's the cutest.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year

Oct 17, 2012 8:23 AM

My body wasn't prepared for this episode.

Oct 17, 2012 8:42 AM

Nice episode again!

The art is too beautiful!!!

Oct 17, 2012 11:13 AM

Interesting.... When I picked this up I thought I might drop it... I watched few ecchi shows and stuff, but none were that good except Highschool DxD xD

And this somehow manages to stay interesting while nothing is really happening... But who will Sorata choose? That's what I want to know xD

And Misaki.. What is wrong with them.... They should hmhm... xD

Oct 17, 2012 12:16 PM

literally an exploitative show about an autistic girl

Oct 17, 2012 3:08 PM

It's getting better than I thought!!! I'm expecting a lot from this series now!!
Don't let me down J.C. Staff!!!
Signature

Oct 17, 2012 3:56 PM
This ep was tastefully ecchi. :D

Oct 17, 2012 6:24 PM

Hoppy said:
Give me 10 perfect reasons why I shouldn't take home and screw Misaki.

Mashiro eating a donut in the store, that's embarrassing and those sexy poses and another naked shirt scene.

That nurse scene was frightening and not as sexy due to the needle, too forceful.

I'd have a hard time giving you one.

Oct 17, 2012 8:01 PM

i just can't stop laughing..remind me of baka to test but i think sakurasou is much better!!
Whenever You Go, how ever lonely you get, No Matter how hard it is. Don't forget, I'll be here Thinking of you. You are definitely not alone! -Nanami Takahashi-

Oct 17, 2012 9:58 PM

I don't know if someone else has already made the comment to people that are referring to Mashiro as being a really talented manga artist that manga is not where her talent really lies. She is a world renowned artist, as in art like Picasso or Van Gogh. Manga is something she seems to be trying because it is a challenge, or something.

For my full review of episodes 1 and 2, look on my blog.

Oct 17, 2012 10:30 PM

Wow, this series is still my favorite of this month's releases. It's extremely hilarious (each scene, such as a the store, or in Shiina's room), and I love the art, especially of the characters. In my opinion, all 3 of the girls are very cute (Sorata is lucky, haha). Similar on the boys, but I'm a guy so I don't have much to comment on them. Anyway, this series really lifts my mood and brings laughs, I cannot wait for another episode.
Definitely a 5/5 and favorite series of this month.

Oct 18, 2012 1:51 AM
Shiina's gesture in the bed scene reminded me of Yukina from Watashi xx Shinasai.. lol

Oct 18, 2012 1:52 AM

zensunni said:
I don't know if someone else has already made the comment to people that are referring to Mashiro as being a really talented manga artist that manga is not where her talent really lies. She is a world renowned artist, as in art like Picasso or Van Gogh. Manga is something she seems to be trying because it is a challenge, or something.

this!!!!

I mean it's obvious that those paintings were not manga :D

Oct 18, 2012 8:57 AM

This show is... strange... very strange...
It's pretty enjoyable though but it's just stupid imo.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Oct 18, 2012 10:32 AM
Shiina is so adorable and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu's voice is really good here, heck I love his voice in here.
5/5

Oct 18, 2012 6:36 PM

I don't know why the fuck I'm enjoying this so much. All I know is that Mashiro is the most adorable piece of cute from this season.

Oct 18, 2012 6:47 PM

MedukaMeguca said:
I don't know why the fuck I'm enjoying this so much. All I know is that Mashiro is the most adorable piece of cute from this season.

I have the exact same sentiment.
Every fibre in my body is telling me I should be rejecting this show.
Loud male lead yelling all the time. Clueless female lead that walks around doing naive stuff and doesn't know how to put her clothes on.

Perhaps it's that the fanservice hasn't involved male lead's face planting into female lead's chest, panty shots and groping. Perhaps it's the small things like Shinna's surprisingly mesmerizing monotone voice or Aoyama's Kansai accent. Perhaps it's the fact that they've run with the premise of a place of gifted, but very strange people.

Even though I can't pinpoint why I like it, I am enjoying this show.
Modified by Omniknight, Oct 18, 2012 6:55 PM

Oct 18, 2012 7:54 PM

zensunni said:

Or maybe it's because it's what she likes to do. It's possible that she doesn't enjoy painting.

Oct 19, 2012 5:28 AM

rishardew said:

symbv said:
I am curious - how did the English sub translate what Kamiigusa said at 00:37 during the Sakurasou meeting? That is one of the most celebrated dialogues in the LN and I find it very funny. However it requires knowledge of Japanese language to be funny. I wonder how the sub translates it. (Literally it would be like "I find Nopaso and Nopan look similar")

Aho-Taku: "Say, doesn't 'command prompt' reminds you of 'going commando'?"
rori: "Hey, don't you think 'no passing' and 'no panties' sound alike?"

Thanks.

The Japanese dialogue referred to how the katakana writing of Nopaso (ノーパソ which means Notebook computer) and Nopan (ノーパン which means no panties) look alike.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Oct 19, 2012 6:41 PM

i liked dialogs and also like kirito' voice in this anime.

Oct 19, 2012 7:00 PM

This just got even more interesting! Sure wish I would get a B-day like that. It would have been sweet.

Oct 19, 2012 9:47 PM
This is the first forum on MAL, for a brand new series, that I've found that doesn't have a bunch of hate. Tell me are there flying pigs out my window right now? I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyways I can see why there's not much hate on this forum. This series seems like it's going to be one of the highlights of the season. I'm loving the art and animation as well as the characters (It's like Toradora! reborn into a art school setting >.< except Shiina isn't a tsundere type character...) and the story which seems to have a lot of potential (will Kanda find his calling? Will Shiina make a manga? What is up with the weird tension between Jin and Misaki? I want to know!! >.<) , I just hope they play it out right. I've seen a lot of anime series with a lot of potential that just weren't good because they weren't well developed.

Anyways my only other comment on this series so far is that it's so weird for me to hear them say 'Shiina' because it's my name (albeit mine is spelled 'ee' not 'ii') and I don't know a lot of people named 'Sheena' so it's really weird whenever I hear it and it's not named at me ^.^'

Oct 21, 2012 9:48 AM

Wow, the ending with Shiina in a dress was awesome!

Oct 21, 2012 12:57 PM

This anime is way better then I expected it to be.
I like the main characters Shiina, Sorata and Aoyama, art and the story.

Oct 21, 2012 10:44 PM

BEST.ANIME.EVER.CREATED!

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing can come close to this anime this season! This is what you call entertainment! woot woot!!!!! I literally CANNOT wait for more!

Episode Naxcore: 5/5
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png

Oct 22, 2012 2:32 AM

Aoyama over Shiina any day. The burden of caretaking is too much!

Pretty good so far; it's been avoiding some predictable cliches (such as someone barging into the room during the naked scene) too.

Oct 23, 2012 1:11 PM
I am really loving this series so far~

5/5 of course :D

Oct 23, 2012 10:31 PM

"well, that escualted quickly"

Oct 26, 2012 7:22 AM

Never laughed but i was wondering if Shiina has so many fantastic paintings she should be pretty rich . Why doesnt she buy any of the food with her own money . Maybe they will explain it ? hopefully.

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Oct 27, 2012 9:44 PM

Lmfao this anime is starting out great. <3 Mashiro, she's just so cute and funny with her nonchalant personality. I am loving Aoyama too who's also very cute and has an awesome personality as well. Damn Sorata sure got lucky with the girls.

Lol at that whole cabbage scene and haha its just hilarious to watch Sorata take care of Mashiro.

Nov 1, 2012 5:23 AM

Being Sorata is suffering, huh. Misunderstandings left and right, plus more weirdos and pets than he can handle... on top of it all, he's got no dreams of his own.

I still like Nanami, her mistaken reactions were cute and funny. If this were a different, more serious kind of show - I'd be rooting for her. Misaki is starting to annoy me, though.

Mashiro isn't just any genius. She's one with godly talent, apparently. She's like a character with one maxed out stat and practically none in the others.

Nov 7, 2012 4:00 AM

Did I just saw Rpg maker vx.....Thats it I have fllen in love with thisa nime.

Nov 24, 2012 5:18 AM

Love the topless scene, too many laughs from their chemistry. Loved the twist at the end. I didn't really like Mashiro at first but her responses are warming up to me every time she talks with Sorata.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »