Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2012 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
it kind of broke my heart to see yui do all that for yuuya and then all these new girls come in >.< yui stand up for yourself !

also cryska isnt a psycho anymore ? girl has serious bipolar issues lol :)
Oct 14, 2012 7:58 PM

Sep 2012
lolzteez said:
MC117 said:
Great episode, can't wait for the next one!

Oh shit, looks like this new guy will cause trouble -.-'
Got this from muvluv.wikia.com

Hopefully that doesn't happen in the anime.

I think that was a fake spoiler put on by a random anon. Anyway, it's fixed now.

Really? if its fake, Thanks God!!

Tenchi_Ryu said:
MC117 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Way to spoil MC117....jeez.

Anyway, good episode. Yui put your tongue back in you mouth when going gaga over Yuuya.

How? you were the one that decide to read it. I just put a spoiler tag.

You went a full hour before putting the tag, you had it out in the open...

Oh Yeah, sorry about that. I won't make the same mistake next time.
Oct 14, 2012 8:02 PM
Oct 2008
Well hopefully what MC117 posted won't happen :/ Yui is to precious to be tainted by some faggot

The raptor looks awesome wtf I wonder if the 94 second can match up against it?

I feel sorry for Yui everytime she becomes cute and do something for Yuuya someone has to interrupt >.>"
XFJ-01b Shiranui Second looks like
MrChuOct 14, 2012 8:14 PM
Oct 14, 2012 10:01 PM

May 2011
New chinese girl looks hot there!
Oct 14, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
Yui for the WIN
i agree with everyone that people have to interrupt her Yui x Yuuya moments
but she's gonna have to step her game up cause everyone except the Twins and Stella are waiting to snatch him away

and MC117 if your Spoiler (Regardless if its Real or Not; DO NOT READ IT!!)
is real I Hope Yuuya beats the S**t out of him!!!!
Oct 14, 2012 10:57 PM

Apr 2011
So they turn real jet fighters into mechs in this anime? HOW FUN! Where's my F-15 Stealth Eagle? I know only one was ever made but still! IT HAS FUCKING STEALTH CAPABILITIES! That's epic win!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 14, 2012 11:03 PM

May 2010
everything look all fine and dandy right now.... so we all know what that means.
Oct 14, 2012 11:08 PM

Nov 2007
Well not much really happened other than meeting some new characters. Yui is getting all wet and dreaming of her Yuuya. Ugh. I still think she's a total bitch and is a hypocrite now to want his junk.

Chinese girl was kinda cool.

Yuuya's old American squadmates return with bros and hos, but will they get along?

They should up the harem and/or triangle/square whatever. Chobi, blonde girl, chinese girl, american girl. Damn I'm good at names. Can't just hand him to annoying Yui.
Oct 15, 2012 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
Yui is getting too tsundere for my liking :P

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 15, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2012
Seeing Madoka (of Rinne no Lagrange) challenged Ran's brother (of Rinne no Lagrange) is so exciting -- Just like watching Rinne no Lagrange again, only with an even more fired-up Madoka :-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 15, 2012 5:21 AM
Oct 2012
BULLDOG266 said:
So they turn real jet fighters into mechs in this anime? HOW FUN! Where's my F-15 Stealth Eagle? I know only one was ever made but still! IT HAS FUCKING STEALTH CAPABILITIES! That's epic win!

There's the F-15SE Silent Eagle and its Japanese variant, the F-15SEJ Gekkou.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/F-15_Eagle#F-15SE_Silent_Eagle
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/F-15_Eagle#Test_Type-02.2FF-15SEJ_Gekkou
Oct 15, 2012 7:48 AM

Jul 2011
ZetaGanja said:
Yui for the WIN
i agree with everyone that people have to interrupt her Yui x Yuuya moments
but she's gonna have to step her game up cause everyone except the Twins and Stella are waiting to snatch him away

and MC117 if your Spoiler (Regardless if its Real or Not; DO NOT READ IT!!)
is real I Hope Yuuya beats the S**t out of him!!!!

Let's hope that doesn't happens...

Oct 15, 2012 9:35 AM
Oct 2011
MC117 said:

The last part is fake.. did you write it?

This is what I found SPOILERS: http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Leon_Kuze
Oct 15, 2012 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Pudi said:
MC117 said:

No I did not, what I wrote is what was in the website when I looked him up, but somebody edited...
Oct 15, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
MC117 said:
Pudi said:
MC117 said:

No I did not, what I wrote is what was in the website when I looked him up, but somebody edited...

I hope this spoiler is not true >.<
Oct 15, 2012 6:50 PM

May 2012
hays.. the plot is slow the acting is weird.. i feel like dropping this one..

Oct 15, 2012 7:03 PM

Jul 2011
Does any body else kind of hate this show and have no idea why their still watching it.

P.S. Since when is the Yukon in Alaska?
Oct 15, 2012 7:15 PM

Nov 2008
Some new characters and relation developments.
Interesting battle between old squad memebers next episode.
Oct 15, 2012 8:05 PM

Sep 2010
BULLDOG266 said:
here

no mean of stealth or camouflage has shown the slightest bit of advantage against the BETA btw, that's why the non-US TSFs have the most shiny radiant colors, to reduce any and all friendly fire.

the F22 is as sexy as in Alternative, no surprise there :V

xxxShadowMaze said:

ever since Canada is a completely inhabitable nuclear wasteland, of which the US took a bit of to expand its territory
Oct 16, 2012 12:04 AM
May 2012
Can't believe that chinese girl was voiced by same VA (Kyouno Madoka from Rinne no lagrange).
Oct 16, 2012 1:44 AM

Jan 2011
I'm still thinking this should've been much better.
But it's still a lot better than than the first 10-ish episodes imo.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 16, 2012 5:08 AM
May 2012
I can't believe it's NOT cleared that what happened to Commander Latrova last episode after she save Yuuya from BETA attack. Confusing.

I mean what the hell is that all about?! How did she died so easily? Nobody answer this?
JafriZinOct 16, 2012 5:22 AM
Oct 16, 2012 10:05 AM

Sep 2010
Meh.....
Oct 16, 2012 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
JeffreyZin said:
I can't believe it's NOT cleared that what happened to Commander Latrova last episode after she save Yuuya from BETA attack. Confusing.

I mean what the hell is that all about?! How did she died so easily? Nobody answer this?

Cryska 'n Inia raped the whole Zhar Battalion and the BETA. thats all. How? You will see later...
- pain is temporary, pride is forever -
Oct 16, 2012 10:49 AM

Oct 2009
another empty ep ~.~

hey guys, earth is going to be obliterated by alien kind you know

Perhaps you can do something usefull ?

No, damn i prefer harem anime with a stupid main male /o/

The planet seem to be surrounded by aliens invasion everywhere, but they are really relaxed in this anime ^^;

After the story of the visual novel of muv luv, i want to cry a river with total eclipse, whyyyyy

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 16, 2012 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
Lamest post ever but no time. As the episode pasted it took to me to heart the following part,

For I LOVE Inia and Cryska. More Inia so her tears and emotions got me rather quickly despite the insane monsters they were last episode slaughtering in fact 10s and more of girls with nice bodies to pieces due to being juiced up. That being said I leave my notes (some terms to remember of this episode) with Kuze being a KICKASS new male to come.

Checked out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nellis_Air_Force_Base
Yeah it’s real. I was not sure of that one.

Notes:Nellis Army base
Blue Flag Exercises
Lieutenant Cui Yifei from United Chinese Front
Sharon
Leon Kuze

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 16, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2010
Things are heating up between Yuuya and Yui! A lieutenant of the Chinese squad seems to be interested in his talent as well.

The Raptor looks bad ass too. I wonder why what their history is and why that guy wants to beat Yuuya so badly.

Oct 16, 2012 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
I really think they are wasting their time. Having this test isn't really go to help against the BETA other than keeping them from getting rusty. I'm surprised they don't go on the offensive more.
Oct 16, 2012 9:42 PM

Sep 2010
prismheart said:
I really think they are wasting their time. Having this test isn't really go to help against the BETA other than keeping them from getting rusty. I'm surprised they don't go on the offensive more.

they dont go into the offensive because every time mankind tried that before, they got their asses gently raped and then handed back by the BETA. keeping a defensive attitude is a far more intelligent strategy as of this time.
Oct 17, 2012 12:55 AM

Jan 2012
apparently its new character day on total eclipse.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 17, 2012 3:37 AM

Jul 2011
Catastrophic said:
xxxShadowMaze said:

ever since Canada is a completely inhabitable nuclear wasteland, of which the US took a bit of to expand its territory

Whao, wait what? Did they say that in the begining and I just missed it?

Onyxthegreat said:
Things are heating up between Yuuya and Yui! A lieutenant of the Chinese squad seems to be interested in his talent as well.

See tha's the problem I have with this anime. From what I've seen Yuya has no talent. The Chinese girl just met him I can see her being fooled into thinking otherwis but I don't understand Why Yui would be falling for him. He still anoys the heck out of me. I also don't get why Commander Latrova and her squad would be willing to sacrifice themselves for him. He's nothing special. Unless the did it just for the machine or because they were under orders but that didn't seem to be the case.
I may be the only one who feels this way. Please tell me if I'm not. Tell me if I am. Just don't leave me hanging.
Oct 17, 2012 10:22 AM

Sep 2010
xxxShadowMaze said:
Catastrophic said:
xxxShadowMaze said:

nah, its background info from the side materials but common knowledge for us knee-deep on the VN 'trilogy'**
on the why:
(not really a spoiler per definition since it isnt part of any of the stories so far, but better be sure, amirite?)

xxxShadowMaze said:

Onyxthegreat said:

See tha's the problem I have with this anime. From what I've seen Yuya has no talent.

stahp.
Test pilots (from all and any test programs worldwide) are Elite within Elite. but again, not your fault since this was explained on the VN, making me wonder once again why did they took the way of adapting a side story instead of the main stuff... but glad they did, otherwise Alternative would have been butchered as badly as the 1st 9 eps of this :/

on the particular case of Yuuya, he needed time to grow accustomed to the Shiranui II, the whole 'battle doctrine' stuff wasnt made up, but it seems is worse than i thought and his adaptation capabilities seem to be above-par, i'd guess that from now on that the Shiranui II is on a far more complete state things will go smoother for him.

** edit: heh, bet i seem like a hipster douchebag all high and mighty like that.
CatastrophicOct 17, 2012 10:30 AM
Oct 17, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2011
Catastrophic said:
xxxShadowMaze said:
Catastrophic said:
xxxShadowMaze said:

nah, its background info from the side materials but common knowledge for us knee-deep on the VN 'trilogy'**
on the why:
(not really a spoiler per definition since it isnt part of any of the stories so far, but better be sure, amirite?)

xxxShadowMaze said:

Onyxthegreat said:

See tha's the problem I have with this anime. From what I've seen Yuya has no talent.

stahp.
Test pilots (from all and any test programs worldwide) are Elite within Elite. but again, not your fault since this was explained on the VN, making me wonder once again why did they took the way of adapting a side story instead of the main stuff... but glad they did, otherwise Alternative would have been butchered as badly as the 1st 9 eps of this :/

on the particular case of Yuuya, he needed time to grow accustomed to the Shiranui II, the whole 'battle doctrine' stuff wasnt made up, but it seems is worse than i thought and his adaptation capabilities seem to be above-par, i'd guess that from now on that the Shiranui II is on a far more complete state things will go smoother for him.

** edit: heh, bet i seem like a hipster douchebag all high and mighty like that.

Sure he's an elite but so is everyone else around him which makes him seem so not special. Maybe he in theory adapts quickly but there is know one to compaire it to and every time he goes out to fight he either cheats by using a massive gun, gets rescued after getting the stuffing beat out of him or directly diobaying orders. None of which it good. He suposedly learns to piolet a new model quickly buy he's no Luke Skywalker. Let's just say that from what I've seen in just this anime he bothers me. He's dumb and cluless and would be better suited for the gerneric role of a harem main character in some school anime.
Wow that's mean. :)

I like that you are seeing it from a slightly different point of view then I am and thanks for shareing some of the extra info you have. Maybe it will prevent me from just droping this anime. I would hate for something cool to happen right after I stop watching it.
Oct 17, 2012 6:27 PM

Jul 2011
xxxShadowMaze said:
Catastrophic said:
xxxShadowMaze said:

Onyxthegreat said:

I also don't get why Commander Latrova and her squad would be willing to sacrifice themselves for him. He's nothing special. Unless the did it just for the machine or because they were under orders but that didn't seem to be the case.
I may be the only one who feels this way. Please tell me if I'm not. Tell me if I am. Just don't leave me hanging.

Woa woa woa... stop right there

Latrova and her squad didn't sacrificed their lives for him , Latrova only asked her subordinates to send Yuuya to a safe zone , she decided herself that her squad would go and wipe out the BETA Laser class but she didn't go with them , she went back of the base to intercept that one TSF that was slaughtering the BETA.

MichaelJohnOct 17, 2012 6:33 PM
Oct 18, 2012 9:09 AM
Oct 2011
Well the story was wrote to center around yuuya and yui.Well partial harem story i guess.
Oct 20, 2012 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
Didn't like this episode much. No events where occurring and it was basically a waste of time. The new characters hardly took much time to be introduced so we didn't need so much time wasting but i guess it's supposed to be a cool off episode after the previous intense events.

Zee530 said:
Yui is getting too tsundere for my liking :P

But she isn't acting tsundere at all. She's now acting only dere.

xxxShadowMaze said:

See tha's the problem I have with this anime. From what I've seen Yuya has no talent. The Chinese girl just met him I can see her being fooled into thinking otherwis but I don't understand Why Yui would be falling for him. He still anoys the heck out of me. I also don't get why Commander Latrova and her squad would be willing to sacrifice themselves for him. He's nothing special. Unless the did it just for the machine or because they were under orders but that didn't seem to be the case.

Why Yui likes him isn't exactly something that needs explanation. People like who they like.
But as about Latrova she certainly didn't give her and her teams life especially for him. He just happened to be lucky on the way the events unfolded.
Her team was supposed to go to the base and clear all the BETA there so they went and saved him when they saw his flare simply because he was at the base too. I mean even if you are not deeply connected to someone when you are fighting you don't just let the other by your side die when his right there and you can save him, especially if he saved your life before which he did when he told them in the previous battle to disengage and he fired that laser gun.
And after they saved him they were still alive so they certainly didn't die for him. They could have easily chosen to go back to base with him and that would actually had been even more helpful to him since he wouldn't have to walk the distance wondering if his mecha was gonna make it but they stayed behind to take out the laser class because if the laser class stayed the BETA would have gone even deeper costing bigger damage. Even though she was betrayed by her own superiors Latrova chose to do her duty as a soldier and kill those dangerous laser class and not duel on the political games her superiors where playing. Besides she also knew she wouldn't be welcome back since they planned to kill her and her squad right there. As she said to Bringes: "It's not a pilots job to get involved in politics". So she simply did what a pilot should do and tried to stop the BETA from advancing any further.
What killed her was her superiors sending that super mecha to make sure she and her team dies since they failed to kill her with the bombings. Even if she had let Bridges to his fate she will still be dead because her superiors wouldn't risk letting her come back alive. The only difference is that Bridges would have died too along with her in that base.
MonadOct 20, 2012 8:03 AM
Oct 21, 2012 12:42 AM

May 2009
The ep was really sweet :) And it seems to me that Yuuya will end up with Yui because obviously he thinks of her in different categories than he thinks of his other firends. In the flashback it's "Friends and Yui", and honestly If he'll end up with any other girl it will be completly out of the bule and my rating for the series will drop like hell.
Oct 21, 2012 1:10 AM
May 2012
devz said:
Cryska 'n Inia raped the whole Zhar Battalion and the BETA. thats all. How? You will see later...

I hope so.

I saw that it was confusing. I mean it obvious that NO idea what the hell just happened.
Oct 21, 2012 6:05 AM

Jul 2011
yugaocci said:
The ep was really sweet :) And it seems to me that Yuuya will end up with Yui because obviously he thinks of her in different categories than he thinks of his other firends. In the flashback it's "Friends and Yui", and honestly If he'll end up with any other girl it will be completly out of the bule and my rating for the series will drop like hell.

Oct 22, 2012 8:19 AM
Sep 2012
vincor said:
Well the story was wrote to center around yuuya and yui.Well partial harem story i guess.

i really hope that you are wrong :O if is true this anime will just turn into a frogging soap opera and it really makes no sense becouse yui doesn't look like she likes him as a friend O.O
Oct 24, 2012 7:08 PM

Aug 2011
Yui in an apron! zomgwtfbbq that was just too perfect!!! I cant wait for the next episode to see that new mecha in flight!!!

Episode Naxcore: 5/5
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 17, 2012 5:01 PM

Aug 2011
Good set of new characters, looks like the start of an exciting new arc!
Dec 3, 2012 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Oh snap the raptor looks sexy af. Lol of course the us mech has to be called Raptor I'm guessing after the F-22 raptor
Nov 6, 2013 1:09 PM
May 2013
Female characters are adorable in this episode.
Cryska is definitely my favorite.
What a great way to end an episode. F-22 Raptor looks very good.
Aug 10, 2014 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
*sigh*...it is a harem anime after all...now we have ourselves a tournament arc. After coming off a solid fighting/political arc too.
Feb 22, 2016 1:13 PM
Apr 2015
Enjoyable episode. Much less serious than the last few.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.