Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 24, 2013 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu! im loving this anime the kisses...lol! unlike any other shoujo anime thats slow pace! 5/5 for this ep. :D
Jan 31, 2013 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
Mei looks so much cuter with a hat on for some reason.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 7, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
well im in the shoujo mood on the first ep. i thought this was going to be a kimi ni todoke copy but now i see it's trying to do it's own thing since the ending made me blush and mei was so kawaii in this episode i'll give it a starting score of 5/5
Mar 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
"Hey...Asamicchi's missing!" XDD
This anime's rather fast paced, still quite interesting.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 14, 2013 6:27 AM
Jul 2018

How many kisses does Mei got? XD
Jan 9, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Them kisses :3 and even that confession well boy this sure is developing great :D Let's see what's next!
Jan 22, 2014 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
I never knew there were different forms of kisses like 'you're really cute' or whatever XD
Mar 9, 2014 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
a kiss as good as deep fried chicken!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 11, 2014 2:56 PM
Jan 2014
I don't like how Yamato treats her. At least he's fairly flawed.
moving on.
Apr 12, 2014 1:16 AM

Aug 2013
AWWW, this was so cute..
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 21, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
That deep fried chicken part killed me. Awesome character is awesome.
Apr 24, 2014 10:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm liking the story, seems a bit dramatic with the two girls who were bullying Asami and Mei. I wonder how things will from there since those two girls have Mei's number as in they can continue to bully her for sticking if they want.

Asami is quite interesting so hopefully there's more to show about her.

Yamato is kind of annoying me with the whole kissing every girl at school. I can't take him serious right now because I don't know if he's just toying with Mei.

May 25, 2014 8:41 PM
May 2014
As a straight man, I can say with certainty that I am very attracted to Yamato right now (the resemblance to Mikisugi from KLK is just a plus!)

Anyway, I'm very glad I picked this up again from episode 1. The progression is stellar right now: I really wasn't expecting Kenji and Asami to start going out so soon but I am very much OK with it!
Jul 7, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2009
Episode was really good until that Yamato idiot ruined the good feels for the episode.

Yamato's bff was really irritating but I guess he couldn't express his feelings well to Asami. Poor Asami must've been embarrassed.

I'm happy that Mei has a friend now! And so admirable of her for standing up for Asami :)

2SugoiToActSugoi said:
I don't like how Yamato treats her. At least he's fairly flawed.

SweetKotomi said:
Yamato is kind of annoying me with the whole kissing every girl at school. I can't take him serious right now because I don't know if he's just toying with Mei.

I'm a bit irritated that Mei was stalking Yamato at the end and that she was so bothered by the rumor. Idk...I just felt it was OOC for her. I know she's confused whether Yamato has genuine feelings for her but I thought she took it too far. And I couldn't stop rolling my eyes when Yamato kept kissing Mei and gave a lame reason for each one. Not to mention how he insists that Mei's in love with him just cos 'her heart aches when she thinks of him'.

Well, like 2SugoiToActSugoi has said, at least Yamato's fairly flawed and isn't some perfect human being who understands how people feels. But I still can't help but feel he's a hypocrite. He may be good-looking by the show's standards (I find his looks okay) but if he has a rotten personality I hope at least he'll be willing to change for Mei.
Aug 5, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2010
LOL his kiss tastes like chicken. . .hilarious! This is super cute though!
Aug 30, 2014 11:44 PM
Aug 2014
Im just wondering what that text said to make Mei go to the Karaoke Room
Sep 3, 2014 5:44 AM

Mar 2014
Mei was adorable ~ haha !!
Ahh .. First friend .. how wonderful for her :)
Every popular guys do that stuff . well .. anyone says "kissing girls is normal" thing. (No hate.)
Some b*tches bullies from there "lackings" ... how disgusting of them.
Asami is strong !! ... I admire her for that .
Honesty it what makes misunderstandings .. happy :D
Kisses of greetings , cuteness , care and love ~ ... deep-friend chicken deluxe !!
Pretty Great Chapter ~ !!!
OP and ED were really good to my ears !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
Fried chicken xD I nearly forgot about that.
Dec 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, she have gone down the stalker path! But she failed, as she's been busted! Well, her career didn't last very long.

Poor Mei, she barely knew anything about friendship and love until recently, and now she's being sexually harassed by the most popular boy of the school. Man, I already see the netorare scenario from here...

So, is Mei going to turn into a love advisor like Sadako from Kimi ni Todoke?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 1, 2015 1:18 AM

Sep 2014
Asami and Nakanishi make a cute couple. Nice ep.
Feb 26, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
Tastes Tastes like chicken
Aug 14, 2015 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
well that was.. quite fast. I wonder where itll go from here since both pairs in the four are already dating by the second episode. guess this is more emotion/character heavy than plot heavy

Sep 6, 2015 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
Two separate love confessions... *_*
And again the episode ended with a kiss (kisses), is this going to be a pattern?!
Oct 30, 2015 3:00 AM

Feb 2014
Ehhhhhh. Dropped.

Nakanishi was stupid and annoying again. Meaningless kisses. MC immersed in stupid conflicts with herself. 3/10
Nov 27, 2015 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
I'm a bit disappointed that Mr. Popular is already getting his way with Mei.

Soon to be Mr. Heartbreaker? The way this is progressing reminds me of School Days.
Mar 7, 2016 6:34 AM

Jun 2010
Omgggg loved this.
I may be a bit perverted sometimes but I loved the way Yamato was forcing Mei with his kisses. Loved it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
Mei got multiple kisses by Yamato. So there are kinds of kisses. Oh. So his "real kiss" tasted like fried chicken. ♥

By the way, Arai looks like Kurumi.

Asami is actually a nice person. Good thing she starts to date Nakanishi.

By the way, the OP is so amazing, as well as ED.
Jun 12, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2016
The OP reminds me so much of Fruits Basket's OP!! Soo sweet!

I'm guessing Yamato has a really bad reputation but he's not like that?
Asami is very nice but Kai is a bit stupid...

What's with the attacking girls for kisses? Ugh, at least Mei has the guts to call out Yamamoto's bad behaviour.
Jul 5, 2016 9:50 PM

Feb 2015
MillaMaxwell said:

Anyway, I started to dislike Yamato in a way. Because he seems to be the typical douche of shoujo. He kissed almost every girl at school just for fun, yet he could not kiss his first love.

1, that's only a rumor.
2, that doesn't seem like a "typical douche shoujou" character. i can totally see a boy doing that in real life.

I also agree that the male protagonist of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is better, since he is childish & random.

my brother and i sometimes refer to him as luffy but in love. they are actually quite similar in personality.

Omni-Bot said:

Because of that I can say without a doubt that Kurosawa is a manipulative, self-centered scumbag. He may be a generic sparkly white knight bishonen type by typical shoujo standards, but when compared to the starkly realistic portrayal of Mei, simply saying that he's a selfless nice guy is not going to cut it. White knights do not exist in real life, and therefore they cannot exist as a protagonist in a story which aspires to have realistic characters. The ONLY reason that a guy would pursue a person like Mei as diligently and forcefully as he does is to boost his ego by making the most angry, antisocial girl in school fall for him. As the seemingly 'selfless freak' Taichi from Kokoro Connect said about himself, he doesn't help others because he cares about them more than himself, he helps others because he wants feel better about himself by having other people rely on him. He is a 'selfish freak.'

Some of you might have liked the kissing at the end, because hey, who doesn't want a gorgeous guy sweet talking you and kissing you passionately just out of sight of the public eye. The thing is, a person like Mei doesn't want that, and a guy who really cares about a girl like Mei doesn't force himself on her like that. Mei wants to be able to trust someone, and Kurosawa is not someone to trust. As someone who normally loves the warm fuzzies brought on by good romantic stuff, this scene made me sick to my stomach.

actually no, i got chu fam. i understand completely. ^^
------

LOL. do you really think you have the nerve to tease other people when you seriously look like you stepped out a 1985 time machine? for real, get with the times, losers.

as for the episode, i must say it was even more rushed that ao haru ride's second ep. she's getting jealous already? wat? do the writers seriously expect people to ignore such things, ESPECIALLY in a romance, EVEN MORE ESPECIALLY in a serious romance?

the yamoto's friend was a pretty brave guy to confess to the girl as well.

as for the kisses, i'm a sucker for them, i really am. they're my favorite kind. but it got 100% ruined by the fried chicken...>_>

as for yamoto, i'm not a fool. he's clearly a happy-go-lucky guy with love, and it didn't surprise me with a popular guy such as him found himself a make out or two. i don't trust him with those fake (but wonderful) kisses he gave mei. however, i do trust him on his word that "I do what I want, and that's that." i think he knows he can take advantage of her since he knows she must be a virgin since she hasn't even been kissed before. however i do not hate him and have no hard feelings towards him. i am confused why he wouldn't kiss his crush though...

on a side note, i'm also satifued on the mature talk in this episode, the talk about kissing and sex having. everyone is around 16 or 17, at least some of them are bound to sleep around (especially yamoto).

another side note: the in lips here are gorgeous - fact. specifically meaning yamoto's, when he smiled on the train and when he rubbed his bottom lip.

also:
TomDayJul 5, 2016 10:01 PM
Aug 7, 2016 4:20 AM

Oct 2015
okay I kinda feel like this anime only centers about kissing and boobs, doesn't it have something better to show?
disappointment..
Nov 27, 2016 5:52 AM

Jun 2013
What I found weird, is that only those two girls that bullied Asami in the bathroom and also punched (or slapped?) Mei wear makeup, no one else does.

Otherwise, the episode was pretty boring imo. The kiss in the alley was the only scene with anything interesting in it, I suppose.
Jan 31, 2017 10:11 PM
Jan 2017
I've watched a lot of romance shoujo animes but the first two episodes of this anime was cringey honestly. Maybe I just have a different opinion. And I like romance anime with the romance building up slowly, not with a confession and kiss right on the 2nd episode. Hopefully it'll get better as I go on :)
Sep 9, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2013
LOOOLLLLL, KARAAGE?!?! HAHHAHAHA!!! This anime is so interesting, I'm crying xD

O gah, those kisses were so sexy, I thought my ovaries would burst LMAO XD just kidding. But Yamato is seriously hot af

I liked how that Arai girl said something so superficial to Yamato, it's no wonder he doesn't make a move on her. "Now that you're taller, I don't mind if you made a move on me" Are you fucking kidding me???? Because he's TALLER and better looking now? Fuck off, bitch. You're prolly used goods anyways.

It's too bad hist "first love" wasn't that hot girl we got a glimpse of in ep 1. Wonder who that was ;O she was pretty.

Anyways, I'm glad the oppai girl snagged a sweet guy, even if he doesn't have the right words to say sometimes and is inconsiderate bc of it lol
Dec 18, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2016
What is Mei thinking provoking those girls?? No wonder she got her face punched :(

Those kisses XD Does Yamato really like Mei I wonder... I hope he does <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 18, 2019 1:00 AM

Aug 2017
Male MC coming on super strong. At this rate Tachibana will be expecting a little one mid season.
Jul 13, 2019 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Imagine if a #MeToo feminist was in one of these shows lol.
Sep 11, 2020 5:54 AM

Mar 2013
Mhm, that last scene feels pretty uncomfortable today. Boy needed a slap.

I kind of like the fact that he's a slut, though. Then I get a little sad that a female version of him would be treated very differently.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Mar 15, 2021 7:20 PM
Feb 2021
So we have a kissing monster here, I just think that everything is fast pacing between our two leads.
May 14, 2021 5:47 PM
May 2020
I dropped it after episode 2. I felt like it's rushed to hell, I don't get how the girl started to stalked him all of a sudden. And the male mc just kissed her without consent. This is why I fvcking hate 90% of shoujo.
May 20, 2021 1:40 PM
Jan 2021
I love the op
I love Asami
I love that large chests aren't seen as nothing in this show. it's a real insecurity that ppl have and the show portrayed that very well
I love that we have like 7 kisses within 2 episodes
wow

I'm probably just touch starved but omg this has me in my feels
Aug 30, 2021 12:14 PM
Aug 2020
Wait.....what??? So there's no differences between his kisses even if its just a greeting kiss, the girl he wants to have further with, with cute girl and with someone he has feelings for? except for the serious kiss? HMMMM? IS THAT WHAT HE MEANSSSS OR TALKING ABOUT????? AM I RIGHT??? HMMMMMMMMM

Maybe it taste like Karaage because Yamato used his tongue with his serious kiss.......tehehe
Dec 28, 2022 11:46 AM
Nov 2020
pierdolnienta jakas
Apr 21, 2023 3:11 AM

Feb 2019
Yamato "I do whatever I want to do" Kurosawa
More like Yamato "sexual assulter" Kurosawa.
This guy legit makes me feel uncomfortable.

Mei was awesome to give an advice to Nakanishi to directly confess his feelings to Asami.
We got the first cutest couple of the series.

Jul 10, 2023 8:51 PM

Mar 2023
kiss count: around 8
in the SECOND episode
Jul 20, 2023 5:52 PM
Jul 2020
This episode really came close to home for me. I had a friend in school who had a big chest and girls plus guys would make fun of her for it. And girls in school can be really cruel to those who are labeled outcasts because of something that person can't really control.

Asumichi deserves more credit for being an angel in this series. Though I don't like that she decides to get close to Mei because Mei got close to Yamato. She seems like the girl that could befriend anyone with her smile. Nakanishi's crush on her is so adorable in this episode and seeing the friends become a couple first is just so—predictable but sweet.

I thought schools in Japan have strict rules when it comes to makeup though. So I do question why the girls bullying them had so much on.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

216 by ibtissame »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.