Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 8, 2016 6:52 PM

May 2016
SenseiBanzai said:
Next 2 episodes are not part of the manga.
they are just fillers made to finish the anime while its in volume 13 of the manga (out of 25 volumes)

Okay, very interesting to note, thanks! It seems like many past episode were adapted very well then.

gettogaara said:
I know it's a comedy so I'm probably taking it too seriously but even if it was amusing to watch, the pairing of Anko and Yoshikawa really bothers me. The simple truth is that if Onizuka wasn't around, Anko and her friends would've driven him to suicide. I'm not saying that Yoshikawa shouldn't forgive her no matter what because that varies from person to person but she should be seriously remorseful. Instead it's almost as if Yoshikawa is somehow unworthy of her when it's the complete opposite.

I agree with this sentiment, entirely. I too would like to see sort of serious remorse from Anko for her actions. She thinks of Yoshikawa so much during the episode, you'd think she would think about the time she bullied him badly many moons ago. Maybe they expand upon this in the manga later on. It would make sense for a later conflict but it just feels so much more appropriate right now considering they're going to become a couple at this point.

Also, that hand-holding was real lewd.

Overall, this was a fun arc. After just following Anko, I'm convinced and okay with their relationship (what the fuck me, saying it's okay lol). I guess I'm just more tolerable of them becoming a couple. Anko learned to make her feelings clear and isn't so much of a bitch to Yoshikawa, so that's a win.

By the way, that Sakuga fight between dressed up Onizuka and Yoshikawa x Anko was awesome. Holy crap, so good. I was seriously convinced they were street thugs until I heard Onizuka's voice on the ground asking about how Anko feels of Yoshikawa.

Yeah, not a bad arc, a nice change of scenery and had some good laughs throughout.
Mar 16, 2017 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
This was a fun episode, Anko finally admitted her feelings, but what are we gonna do about Aizawa with only two episodes to go?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 17, 2017 8:42 PM

Jan 2010
so Anko confessed...kinda i guess lol

great episode....2 more to go :(

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 5, 2017 10:58 PM

Dec 2013
At least she admitted that she likes him.

Her reaction to realising who they were was hilarious.
Nov 15, 2017 8:15 AM

Feb 2012
Laraso said:
Jeller said:
I rly hope Anko confess to Yoshikawa, and he turns her down.

He has tried to commit suicide 2(or is it 3) times cus of that girl! I rly hope he says no to her

Here's a question:

If you woke up one day to find the person you hate the most had suddenly changed their personality completely, would you befriend them, or would you still continue to hate them for what they did in the past?

The answer to that question is the difference between justified hatred and pointless grudges.

If someone who tried to kill you in the past is now genuinely trying to be your friend, the only thing remaining of their old personality is their face. If that's unforgivable, then perhaps you're the one at fault.

I'd encourage Anko x Yoshikawa more than anything. If he were to reject her, Anko would just go back to the way she was before, and Yoshikawa would never get over it. A friendly relationship would be better for both of them. If you can't support that, you have no right to judge someone's character.

People should be judged on how they behave in the present, not the past. The past can't be changed, so there's no point in shaming someone for it. People can't fix the past, but they can fix the present, and anyone who prevents others from doing so should be ashamed of themselves.

This might be an anime, but that's besides the point; Anko has not only stopped picking on Yoshikawa, but she is standing up for him, and you still can't get over what she did 30 episodes ago. Anko is doing the right thing, I support her 100%.

I'm not just making this up, by the way. I speak from experience. There was someone in my high school who infuriated me. We deeply hated each other for years, but as time passed, things changed, and we became friends. We've parted ways since graduation, but since then every time I see someone like you who is eager to hold a grudge, I can't help but respond.

You said it *clap clap*

Unfortunately, many people were living in the past that's why they have a hard time forgiving someone.

Maybe he watched this episode when he was still young. I think he's much matured now. As for me, I watched this when I was still young too. But I never had a grudge on Uehara when she's changed (of course I hate her the first time). I really liked the Uehara x Yoshikawa development and the follow up to manga although ugh *spoiler*. I rather stop at this point HAHAHA!
susisa_tagumpayNov 15, 2017 8:19 AM
Jan 9, 2018 10:58 AM

May 2016
SenseiBanzai said:
Next 2 episodes are not part of the manga.
they are just fillers made to finish the anime while its in volume 13 of the manga (out of 25 volumes)
Thanks God I read this cause I wouldn't read the manga God bless you.
Jan 20, 2018 7:09 PM
Mar 2015
I'm glad they didn't turn Yoshikawa into some sort of masochist as a result of the bullying turned into love. He's just a pure-hearted guy.

I really liked this arc because it highlights the power of forgiveness. Anko couldn't forgive and the pain drove her to take it out on others. Yoshikawa also tried to take it out on himself by attempting suicide twice, but chose to release his grudge when he jumped in after Anko to save her. I think Anko fell for him because she saw the strength of his character and the freedom he had because he wasn't enslaved to bitterness. Lucky for her, she's really cute. Let the ship sail.
scurvmeisterJan 20, 2018 7:22 PM
Feb 27, 2018 3:57 PM

Jul 2016
One of the best Episodes in the entire show! This Arc in general was amazing and was worth the build up it had!

10/10
Nov 16, 2018 6:49 PM
Mar 2018
I may have sort of cried during this episode. It reminds me of the first time I supposedly fell in love in high schoolxd. Even if the relationship could have been messed up, what I liked about this series was the serious character development. There is probably only one person I disliked but shh... Anyway, what a great conclusion. I would love to say it was predictable but considering the time period, I thought it was well done. Very funny moments too. Onizuka truly has his ways. I loved most of the bonds built and think everyone should watch this series (but days at a time, not all at once necessarily). Might rewatch in the futur
Feb 14, 2019 2:18 PM
Apr 2016
The chemistry between Yoshikawa & Anko is really great, a bully falls for the victim hahaha... She confessed well, that was satisfying as heck! AMAZING episode.

This scene was absolutely HILARIOUS, I had a hard time not dying from laughing hahaha
Apr 5, 2019 2:55 AM

Feb 2017
Whether the Yoshikawa x Uehara couple is a good idea or not is a huge debate, which already has some good points brought up in this thread. I was staunchly against it during the build-up from the last few episodes, but this one changed my mind...sorta. I think it's good for them to get together within the GTO narrative, but if the same situation happened in real life I would never recommend fulfilling that relationship between abuser and abused.

This story can have a fairy-tale outcome where the abuser does a complete 180 and never harms the other person again...sure, Uehara is capable of that because "true love" etc. But humans don't work that way in real life. People fall back into old habits and coping mechanisms, which could lead to the same or new abuse.

If Yoshikawa and Uehara were real people, I hope no one would encourage Yoshikawa to a relationship with someone who drove him to suicide twice. In the story, it's an emotional conclusion to the arc. In real life, it would be simply cruel.
Jun 11, 2019 8:14 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm... nice focus this episode...sad only two episodes left
Jul 12, 2019 5:21 AM

Feb 2011
I guess you need to be Kanzaki and have 200 IQ to realize that those 4 thugs were Onizuka and the others disguised. But hey, let's dumb down the characters so the episode can happen !
Aug 8, 2019 8:22 AM

Jul 2016
Damn... she finally told him
Dec 22, 2019 12:19 PM
Apr 2017
Lmao sayla and amuro otaku HAHAHAHA KANZAKI NUMBER 1!!!
Apr 13, 2020 9:48 PM

Sep 2018
I hope she will change her attitude, it's cute but I love Yoshikawa and he deserves all the goodness.. please don't hurt him anymore T------T
Apr 24, 2020 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
Well what I find more interesting about the final episode of the arc is that unlike in many Romantic ends this one didn’t had a kiss scene and It really made it better.

I wonder how much further their relationship really goes, looks like another manga is coming on my long future reading list...
May 19, 2020 7:50 PM

Oct 2013
Naive bluepill propaganda is strong in this episode, lmao. Both people that are psychologically damaged hang out with each other, it is not surprising or something odd. What is odd, bizarre and pretty much disgusting is that particular situation from this episode. A girl who tormented her beta male classmate suddenly falls in love in him and really puts aside everything she loathed about him? "That's a sincere love, hurr!" explaination is just ridicilous. It's nothing more than pure depiction of Stockholm syndrome, lol.

Like, I'm not raging over several episodes, but it just looks too dumb for me, even with many other dumb (but funny as hell or touchy) moments presented in this series earlier. Besides, I know it is just an anime and heartwarming (but at the same time unrealistic) moments like that occur, but the theme I'm talking about was just beyond any frames of logical thinking. Although it fit in general mood of this anime, I can't deny it. ;p

Apart from that, I really liked this episode. Onizuka's ideas to make this last attraction of their stay on Okinawa were funny and creative. ;-)

The saddest thing, however, is the fact there are only two episodes left. :( But maaan, that preview looks wild! :o

@eski514, yeah, I had similar thoughts. For the sake of a fictional story that is closer to fairy-tale than to real life it is an acceptable situation, even if it is very stupid, but if we looks at it from realistic way then it's ridicilous. A person who dates a person tormented by her and drove to serious suicide attempts twice not so long ago. Damn.
AdnashMay 19, 2020 7:57 PM
May 20, 2020 1:38 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode once again, everything was fun
Uehara is being honest, thats nice
Jul 3, 2020 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Hehehe what a good episode. Lately I've been shitting a lot on romance especially with kids like these, probably cause I'm getting old lol I just think they're too cheesy and corny. But not this one, this is genuinely a feel good one. It was very nicely done. And btw this is the episode where I got to hear Uehara talk a lot with a lot more emotion like when she admitted her feelings for Yoshikawa, and it just dawned on me, I knew her voice sounds familiar and it just suddenly dinged on me: that bitch is Nami!
Jul 12, 2020 9:13 AM

Jan 2017
eski514 said:
Whether the Yoshikawa x Uehara couple is a good idea or not is a huge debate, which already has some good points brought up in this thread. I was staunchly against it during the build-up from the last few episodes, but this one changed my mind...sorta. I think it's good for them to get together within the GTO narrative, but if the same situation happened in real life I would never recommend fulfilling that relationship between abuser and abused.

This story can have a fairy-tale outcome where the abuser does a complete 180 and never harms the other person again...sure, Uehara is capable of that because "true love" etc. But humans don't work that way in real life. People fall back into old habits and coping mechanisms, which could lead to the same or new abuse.

If Yoshikawa and Uehara were real people, I hope no one would encourage Yoshikawa to a relationship with someone who drove him to suicide twice. In the story, it's an emotional conclusion to the arc. In real life, it would be simply cruel.

100% exactly. words can't describe how disgusted i was with her (and her stupid mini-me's) a couple of episodes earlier, seeing young people get bullied/abused just gets me so fuckin heated that i wish nothing but death upon the abusers. of course everyone knows that toxic behaviour comes from experiencing toxic behaviour and that became pretty clear when we saw uehara's past. and even though i did feel sorry for her it doesn't justify her awful and destructive behaviour from the past. surely she deserves love and healing and hating her/getting revenge on her would probably make her even more bitter. it's a great trick to be loving towards someone who's hateful that has been effective not only in the gto-universe but in real life also. but even tho she doesn't bully yoshikawa anymore she hasn't apologized to him once or made herself really likeable except for kiiind of indirectly standing up for him unlike yoshi who literally saved her life multiple times. forgiving the abuser and letting them live is still different from getting in a relationship with them haha. if i was in yoshi's place, i would maaaybe find a way to forgive her but for god's sake not be in a relationship with her. i mean we choose to not be in romantic and platonic relationships with people for different reasons all the time (different values, different life goals, different tastes in stuff), so i guess multiple cases of past abuse and suicide attempts are a pretty legit reason to not love someone.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nonetheless this is anime where everything is possible and i feel really sorry for ueahara and hope she becomes happy. i ship them only because gto is a safe space where miracles can happen and everyone finds the love and healing they deserve.
okwhynotAug 14, 2020 11:59 AM
Aug 6, 2020 9:39 PM
Oct 2012
This is the true finale of the anime for better or worse, I refuse to watch these last two episodes.
8/10 series
Oct 10, 2020 10:18 PM

Sep 2020
absolutely phenomenal
Feb 8, 2021 4:15 AM

Jul 2020
their scheme was predictable but yeah still very cute ^_^

love this episode
Mar 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Aug 2018
I was almost sure it was them but even I was pretty much fooled by their disguises

Dec 22, 2021 1:42 AM

Apr 2013
The couple still makes no sense, but at least this episode was alright.
Jan 26, 2022 2:33 AM

Jan 2018
I watched a clip from this episode titled "Bully falls in love with their victim" or something like that before and it's what drove my interest towards GTO. Finally good to see this episode in full length.

Yoshikawa became a stud and Uehara went through tremendous character development. I knew UeharaxYoshikawa was going to be a thing from the start so the earlier episodes really shocked me. After seeing Yoshikawa attempting suicide twice after bullying this pairing seems forced. Neither actually confessed yet so the rest are still up to the viewer's interpretation but I think it's obvious what direction the anime prefers. Despite this I don't actually mind this pair. Both characters changed a lot thanks to Onizuka sensei.

Is this really the canonical end? According to earlier comments the last 2 episodes are anime original. It looks like the anime caught up with the manga and ended 2 years earlier. And since this anime is from the late 1990's and 2000's it means we don't get a season 2 ever and have to be happy with the anime ending. That sucks. Judging by the preview the last 2 episodes look like they'll be good but after all that happened in the last episodes it doesn't feel like an ending. Looks like I'll have to add another manga to my list. But at the very least, I like that the last canon episodes and the early episodes in Holy Forest School started and ended with Yoshikawa and Uehara. It felt like we've come full circle.
susisa_tagumpay said:
Laraso said:

Here's a question:

If you woke up one day to find the person you hate the most had suddenly changed their personality completely, would you befriend them, or would you still continue to hate them for what they did in the past?

The answer to that question is the difference between justified hatred and pointless grudges.

If someone who tried to kill you in the past is now genuinely trying to be your friend, the only thing remaining of their old personality is their face. If that's unforgivable, then perhaps you're the one at fault.

I'd encourage Anko x Yoshikawa more than anything. If he were to reject her, Anko would just go back to the way she was before, and Yoshikawa would never get over it. A friendly relationship would be better for both of them. If you can't support that, you have no right to judge someone's character.

People should be judged on how they behave in the present, not the past. The past can't be changed, so there's no point in shaming someone for it. People can't fix the past, but they can fix the present, and anyone who prevents others from doing so should be ashamed of themselves.

This might be an anime, but that's besides the point; Anko has not only stopped picking on Yoshikawa, but she is standing up for him, and you still can't get over what she did 30 episodes ago. Anko is doing the right thing, I support her 100%.

I'm not just making this up, by the way. I speak from experience. There was someone in my high school who infuriated me. We deeply hated each other for years, but as time passed, things changed, and we became friends. We've parted ways since graduation, but since then every time I see someone like you who is eager to hold a grudge, I can't help but respond.

You said it *clap clap*

Unfortunately, many people were living in the past that's why they have a hard time forgiving someone.

Maybe he watched this episode when he was still young. I think he's much matured now. As for me, I watched this when I was still young too. But I never had a grudge on Uehara when she's changed (of course I hate her the first time). I really liked the Uehara x Yoshikawa development and the follow up to manga although ugh *spoiler*. I rather stop at this point HAHAHA!
Laraso's comment is probably my favorite in this thread. If I had a dollar every time I saw a weeb holding a grudge against an anime character I'd probably be a millionaire by now.
Apr 14, 2022 12:35 AM
May 2020
Uehara just one giant tsundere
Apr 18, 2022 7:05 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What an amazing, amazing episode, from start to finish, it felt like a real ending to the show, and if not, just as a heads up. I can't believe I'm already getting nostalgic for this show.
May 22, 2022 5:22 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
There we go, there's the confession we were waiting and the controversial ship considering what Uehara has done in the past. Kanzaki seems to get along a bit more with the nerds at least, even if she doesn't get the reference. Fuyutski scare scene was also pretty funny.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 22, 2022 10:55 AM

Jan 2010
A major complaint from Onizuka early in the series was class 3-4 being junior high students, as he wanted a class of high school students so he could ogle the girls. Since they're younger though, Onizuka had to focus more on actually being a teacher. In episode 39, the dub had Noboru mentioned Anko picking on him in their second year of high school, which threw me off, but I considered it a dub flub. However, it happened in this episode again, with Onizuka exclaiming in the dub that they're high school students, so they should be used to staying up late. To make sure, I checked the JP version, and as it turns out, I guess they're really in high school now? Was there a time skip that I wasn't aware of?

Anyways, I'm surprised at The Ring reference. That film was originally released in Japan in 1998. Meanwhile, the GTO manga originally began serialization in 1996 while the anime aired between 1999 to 2000. Either this Okinawa arc occurred pretty late into the manga, or this was a pretty late-stage addition to the anime.
ShockedOct 22, 2022 11:10 AM
Dec 29, 2022 2:04 PM
May 2020
That was beautiful.
Jan 26, 2023 7:45 AM
Feb 2019
Oh finally Anko told her truth feeling!
Feb 1, 2023 2:07 PM
Jan 2023
Yoshikawa is a masachist and Onizuka is an all time wingman.
Jun 7, 2023 2:18 PM

Jul 2022
Everyone talking about the Onizuka/Fuyutsuki and Yoshikawa/Uehara ships, but I demand closure for Murai/Kujirakawa!

Seriously though, this arc was an all-timer for me. I know the next couple episodes are anime-only, so hopefully they stick the landing.
Jan 24, 4:35 AM

Jun 2021
damn, Onizuka, as much as you are GREAT, i would have been pissed off too if you woke me up like that at midnight especially for a courage stunt. Ironically enough, my only multiple days school trip was exactly at the last year of junior high, at the same age of class 3-4.

expected everything at this point, except for Eikichi and Kunio bonding over perversions.

Azusa scared Urumi's group? It was too weird to see and in fact... she freaked out too at the very next scene.

Oh no, they're hand in hand now. Onizuka is very dedicated to this weird mission considering all the prop costumes he created. Even if... she didn't doubt the "thugs" were the teacher and Murai / Fujiyoshi and Kusano again all along?

"MI PIACE, MI PIACE, GLI VOGLIO BENE DA MORIRE!" reported the definitive moment in italian dub, everyone can easily understand those words. "The scoop of the century, lol". Still...

rly hope Anko confess to Yoshikawa, and he turns her down.

Yeah.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

175 by ibtissame »»
Apr 15, 7:53 AM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

17 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

301 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

76 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 12, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.