Forum Settings
Forums

Madoka Magica Project To Be Continued After the Movie Trilogy

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 13, 2012 5:46 AM

Jul 2012
I love Madoka so w/e.
Oct 13, 2012 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
Progeusz said:
One of five best selling anime ever gets second season after movie. Yeah, that's definitely too much milking. Seriously, using this word as a joke is OK but when you're serious about it...

You seem to have some maths problems. I'll help you. There are 18 months between ending of Madoka and recap movies, not 10.
There are many series which get recap episodes in the middle of their run. Also, movies have vastly improved graphics.

It's not milking if it wasn't a succes. How would making another season of a failure in sales be milking?

And I wasn't giving you an exact time. It wasn't exactly 10 years between the NGE series and remakes either. Just used the same number. And I said making, not releasing (not gonna bother checking it, but I'm guessing you're not using the date they started production), so 18 months would be wrong too.

Oct 13, 2012 6:02 AM
Jan 2011
I don't know if I should be happy or not...
Oct 13, 2012 6:06 AM

Aug 2007
Orix said:
It's highly likely that they will adapt Kazumi Magica.

Its really nice idea. I like this. A second season? Not.
Oct 13, 2012 6:32 AM

Sep 2012
And I want a slice-of-life Madoka done in anime. Something like Hidamari Sketch would be very nice.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 6:49 AM
Aug 2011
Lol at all the butthurt. I'm happy as long as its not shit that's getting milked.

MSMM FTW
If only Homura were the MC of the new anime. I sure hope it will be.
Oct 13, 2012 6:52 AM

Jul 2010
F*CKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LIFE IS BETTER NOW!
Oct 13, 2012 6:55 AM

Dec 2010
I'm a blind and and biased fanboy so no matter what they do, I'm gonna love it.
Oct 13, 2012 7:37 AM
Aug 2012
This series was actually much better than I expected, and though I'd love to see more I think It ended pretty well and conclusively. I just don't want it to be dragged on and ruined as a result, as we've all seen happen.
Oct 13, 2012 7:51 AM

Apr 2008
Urobuchi what the fuck are you doing
i am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Oct 13, 2012 8:15 AM

Dec 2007
Not sure if want. I'll follow the same road as Nanoha and become something weird, although with less fanservice.
Oct 13, 2012 8:29 AM

Oct 2008
More Madoka?

Best anime news of this year.
Oct 13, 2012 8:45 AM

Jul 2011
Why Shaft ?! Why should they continue this ultra profitable series to make more money ?! It's not like they're BUSINESS company or something !

Seriously, you people can complain about 'milking' all you want if it turn out to be horrible (i'll join you guys as well if that happen). For now, i'm just going to enjoy the fact that i can see more of my favorite show.
Oct 13, 2012 9:26 AM

Dec 2011
I guess Madoka will be alive for a long time...
Oct 13, 2012 10:04 AM

Feb 2010
Keep milking I guess.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 13, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
I'll obviously watch it, but neggghhheehhhhh. We really don't need a Madoka continuation. Although Kazumi/Oriko Magica would be cool to watch. Can somebody tell me which is better?
Oct 13, 2012 12:37 PM
Sep 2011
Omniknight said:
The fact that you judge the anime before you even watched it makes your opinion completely invalid.

I know better than to go by people's lists, but since I don't see One Piece or Naruto in your dropped list, I have to wonder if you've seen more than a single episode of either.

Omniknight said:
You won't like this anime because it requires thinking and appreciation of thematic elements. The characters in this anime have emotions and motives behind their struggles, unlike the poor characterization seen in One Piece and Naruto.

1 ) It only requires thinking if you're too busy freaking out over the shock value that gets stuffed down our throats every other episode, and of course faulty writing like the whole entropy thing. The plot's pretty simple when it's not mindscrewing the audience with sloppy characterization and false advertising.

2 ) I don't think you should be criticizing other people's favorite shows about poor characterization when the poster girl for your profile page has no character outside of an irrational and desperate devotion to a girl she met one month ago.

and speaking of bad characterization...
Oct 13, 2012 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
As long as effort is put into the new project, and it actually has an interesting story, i'll watch it. Kazumi manga is still ongoing though. I have no idea how close it might be to a conclusion, since i'm avoiding it until it's completed and I can read it all at once. I've read Oriko, and that was a really good short manga. I'd like to see it adapted.

I don't expect any new project to be as good as the original, because it was flat out amazing. As long as it comes as close has possible to that level without screwing up pre-established elements to the series, i'll be happy.
removed-userOct 13, 2012 12:55 PM
Oct 13, 2012 1:09 PM
Mar 2009
C'mon. What else is there?

The ending was pretty damn bleak/depressing, but it was conclusive.

It's the new Code Geass!
Oct 13, 2012 1:28 PM

Oct 2008
RLinksoul said:
Omniknight said:
The fact that you judge the anime before you even watched it makes your opinion completely invalid.

I know better than to go by people's lists, but since I don't see One Piece or Naruto in your dropped list, I have to wonder if you've seen more than a single episode of either.

Omniknight said:
You won't like this anime because it requires thinking and appreciation of thematic elements. The characters in this anime have emotions and motives behind their struggles, unlike the poor characterization seen in One Piece and Naruto.

1 ) It only requires thinking if you're too busy freaking out over the shock value that gets stuffed down our throats every other episode, and of course faulty writing like the whole entropy thing. The plot's pretty simple when it's not mindscrewing the audience with sloppy characterization and false advertising.

2 ) I don't think you should be criticizing other people's favorite shows about poor characterization when the poster girl for your profile page has no character outside of an irrational and desperate devotion to a girl she met one month ago.

and speaking of bad characterization...

There is a ton of symbolism, imagery and forshadowing in this anime if you were attentive enough to pay attention to the small details.
The references to Faust, the imagery of the unicorn and mermaid for Kyoko and Sayaka (referencing other stories from the past), Kyoko's and Sayaka's shadow imposing on the church murals foreshadowing Sayaka will kill Kyoko, the witch's domain based on the person's past... The list goes on.
The anime was great because it left you with questions each episode. The next episode, some would be answered and another set of questions would be left to us to wonder about. The ending wrapped things up nicely with only a few small details that were left unanswered.

The entropy thing I admit is a little loose (because time travel breaks the 2nd law of thermodynamics), but really, it's outlandish reasoning is secondary to the fact that Kyuubey's motive in ultimately a good one. This is the key message: Kyuubey is not your typical villain that wants to destroy the world. He is the ultimate utilitarian, sacrificing the few for the good of the many.

On the topic of characterization, may I name the types of events that she went through before finding the confidence and willpower to bring about her wish: Mami's beheading, her friend falling from grace and turning into a witch, Kyoko's sacrifice and her wish to save Sayaka, Homura revealing her true motives and nature, Kyuubey showing Madoka ultimately what magical girls have done for humanity and the sacrifices that they had to go through. If this isn't enough to chance someone's character, please tell me what will. Your "wet blanket to completely confident moment" is due to her realization that she can do something. It was an impulsive thought. Right before you know your friend is about to die, even if you are scared to death, is it unimaginable that you would find the courage to fight? Did you complain when Simon suddenly got the balls to save Kamina from Viral in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

You also totally forgot about the characterization behind Sayaka (tragic hero) and Homura's story (the desperation behind trying and trying, yet failing each time to reach your goal). Mami's characterization is probably the weakest if you want to complain about something.

Trust me, my friends shove One Piece and Naruto down my throat. I don't watch the anime because I ave the manga being read to me all the time. It can be entertaining, but it's certainly nothing noteworthy and it definitely does not require your brain to be on. It's not so much I don't like One Piece and Naruto. It's more that there's a portion of people with this "brainless" mentality posting idiotic things like commenting on things they have never seen.
I can see you are basically doing the same thing. At least you tried to provide an example of "sloppy" characterization, albeit a very poor one.

I would also love if you could share the great characterization that is found in One Piece and Naruto. I hope you will amuse me.

Also for your information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder
Sorry, Madoka doesn't qualify for bipolar disorder under the DSM.
OmniknightOct 13, 2012 2:01 PM
Oct 13, 2012 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
RLinksoul said:
Omniknight said:

And you are clearly an expert on Naruto and One Piece, since you've seen....less than 20 episodes of each series.
Oct 13, 2012 2:39 PM

Dec 2009
No... just no. Please.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 13, 2012 3:21 PM

Aug 2012
This thread is creating much entropy.

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Oct 13, 2012 4:56 PM
May 2012
I hope this news will come true when I come back from RTC! >_<
Oct 13, 2012 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
Not surprised. Concept is interesting, and you self-insert characters in it's pre-Madoka universe and the After-Reconstruction universe.

At least I got other magical girls to focus while the wait.

mleh said:

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

And that.. Was hilarious. You people need to calm down. Nothing surprising. But I hope that the continuation will have new magical girls instead to take a break from the Madoka cast.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 13, 2012 5:47 PM
Sep 2012
dreznovk said:
Why Shaft ?! Why should they continue this ultra profitable series to make more money ?! It's not like they're BUSINESS company or something !

Shaft has a production advancement department you know.
Oct 13, 2012 6:03 PM

Oct 2007
mleh said:

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Post of the thread.
Oct 13, 2012 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
Here is was I hope. They should have more seasons but the plot can focuse more on the characters and plus I would like to see more characters that got involve with the contract.
Oct 14, 2012 3:04 AM

Jan 2008
Kazumi Magica please.

Otherwise... ehh.
Oct 14, 2012 3:32 AM

Oct 2007
I don't understand why people want Kazumi Magica and think anything else won't be as good. Have a little faith. Madoka is his original series, Urobuchi for sure is capable of creating another masterpiece, even if he doesn't decide to adapt one of existing mangas.
Oct 14, 2012 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
This is what I want to see more so just give me more!!!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
Yes. :DD
Oct 14, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
Maybe about Oriko Magica?
Oct 14, 2012 5:58 PM
Jan 2010
SHAFT is already preparing itself for cash-raking of immense proportions, especially with the entire Bakemonogatari series in their hands.

Zenmonogatari + [next Madoka Magica project] = MONEYMONEYMONEY
Oct 14, 2012 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
Milk that cash cow I guess? Idk I'm all for continuing a series if it's still good and if it still makes sense to continue it, but the Madoka anime was pretty finished..
Oct 14, 2012 10:35 PM

Sep 2011
*sigh* if I hear one more thing about Madoka then I think I'm gonna scream...
Oct 14, 2012 11:39 PM

Sep 2012
Meau94 said:
*sigh* if I hear one more thing about Madoka then I think I'm gonna scream...

Prepare to scream every day then ;-)

Oct 15, 2012 6:44 AM

May 2009
The story looked unfinished in the TV series, and even if the movie will complete it, there's still the spin-off manga to explore, as they shed a little light on the whole Madoka-universe as well.

Either way, I'm curious to how far they can milk this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2012 7:11 AM

Dec 2011
Please stop, Madoka was good. Now it should be over. It has run it's course.

peace

Oct 15, 2012 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
This is what I want to see more so just give me more!!!

ARR ... that is sooooo cute!!! Where is that clip from? Is it official???
Oct 15, 2012 2:22 PM

Oct 2007
AFAIK it's from movie's opening. I want more...
Oct 15, 2012 4:59 PM

Oct 2008
zeneevee said:
Please stop, Madoka was good. Now it should be over. It has run it's course.

peace

You never know until it airs. Though I will agree with you in a sense. It's going to take a Herculean feat to top this anime. I'd be really happy with meets expectations at this point since my expectations are at the level of the TV anime.

I hope as well they don't turn up the yuri dial up too much. Suggested yuri is fine, but once yuri takes center stage over the plot, then things can go badly.
Oct 15, 2012 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
Progeusz said:

It's from the end of the latest trailer. I believe you're correct about it being in the OP, Luminous.

And it is, like, the best gif ever.

God .. I'd buy it just for that. My yuri goggles exploded.
Oct 15, 2012 10:04 PM

Sep 2012
scruffykiwi said:
jmal said:
Progeusz said:

It's from the end of the latest trailer. I believe you're correct about it being in the OP, Luminous.

And it is, like, the best gif ever.

God .. I'd buy it just for that. My yuri goggles exploded.

You can also see the whole trailer video (and a lot more other information about the movies) in the following post I posted in another Madoka thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=414229&pages=4&show=60#msg17726757

Oct 16, 2012 7:24 AM
Sep 2012
Butcher might leave the quartet after the third film. Apparently he wants Aniplex and Shaft to hire a new writer because they're thinking of doing a 2-cour continuation with a new character.

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4315217.html
Oct 16, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Butcher might leave the quartet after the third film. Apparently he wants Aniplex and Shaft to hire a new writer because they're thinking of doing a 2-cour continuation with a new character.
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4315217.html

Hiring more writer does NOT mean Urobuchi is quitting !!! ( It is not what Urobuchi said in the interview. In fact he answered the question of "What will become of Magica Quratet" by saying "I want to expand it". After that he said that more writers should be brought in so that Madoka can be sustained over a long period. He even mentioned PreCure as an example -- and not just the fact that PreCure lasts long but also how PreCure started as a 2-people team but is now a 5-people team as the work is constantly updated to suit the time. He wants Madoka to be like that and be remembered over time and what he realizes is that changes and updates may be needed and this is best done by bringing in more talents (which for him would be screenplay writing).

Oct 16, 2012 10:24 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
why the hell is everyone saying milking? I for one am happy with the news. Gen must like Madoka same as me to continue working on Madoka some more instead of other animes :3 In case no one knows or went to watch, the DRAMA CD for Madoka was FCKKKING Good! And it was a great slice of life side story to the Madoka series. I'm eager to see Madoka continued.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 16, 2012 10:30 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
thought I should include link so people know what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhoQBCRcmE
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 16, 2012 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, I dearly want a Slice-of-Life version of Madoka. Besides the Drama CD, the official doujin anthology of Madoka has a lot of great slice-of-life stories too. Even Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime have Carnival Phantasm for example.

Oct 16, 2012 1:23 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
10 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.