Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 12, 2012 8:12 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
QuiGonJon said:
Anyone else thinking the protag is acting a bit too non-chalant with all these dead people everywhere? I think I'd be a bit freaked out, even if they are now metal instead of a regular corpse.
It's very unusual, but there are people for who death of others outside their "circle" is basically irrelevant, though the means of death can be a source of interest. This story it seems to me is trying to paint Yoshino as that type. He's also obsessed with Aika's death just as Mahiro is, but unlike Mahiro you can't predict what he's going to do when faced with a threat - one minute he may run and the next he may demonstrate that he can drop you off a building onto your head, or not, at his whim.
Oct 12, 2012 8:37 AM

May 2011
I definitely need that OP in my laptop.

Nice ED, as expected from HanaKana
Oct 12, 2012 9:36 AM
Jan 2011
decent fight in this week, good background music, cool new interesting spear guy, and funny government lady....all good things about this episode.

but it's pretty messed up that mahiro's sister and the main character do things behind his back. his own family, and his own best friend. don't even tell him.
Oct 12, 2012 9:39 AM

Jul 2010
Chibi-Alice said:
The shakespeare quotes feel unnecessary

my only problem with this series >.<
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 12, 2012 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
There's one thing that's bugging me. Why is Yoshino not affected by the black iron syndrome?
Oct 12, 2012 9:54 AM

Jul 2010
_Rika said:
There's one thing that's bugging me. Why is Yoshino not affected by the black iron syndrome?

since both he and Evangeline we're near Mahiro in the 1st ep

and he now have talismans given to him by Mahiro for this ep
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 12, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2011
AmberFebruary said:
_Rika said:

since both he and Evangeline we're near Mahiro in the 1st ep

and he now have talismans given to him by Mahiro for this ep

Ah, I did have this hunch that it's got something to do with him being with Mahiro but was not quite sure and felt that perhaps I was missing out on something. Thanks.
Oct 12, 2012 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Loving the series so far. This episode was good too with action, hopefully we get more with Yoshino and Mahiro working together to fight the spear guy
Oct 12, 2012 10:09 AM

Dec 2011
AmberFebruary said:
Chibi-Alice said:

my only problem with this series >.<

You'll understand them later, those are quite important, or at least represent something imoortant. Someone already mentioned that here.... Anyway manga is a lot better, but anime isn't bad, only problem I see is that many people may be disappointed.
Oct 12, 2012 10:37 AM
Jan 2010
My name is yoshino and i wear hair clips
this is so pretentious
Oct 12, 2012 11:28 AM

Jun 2008
Well, there were parts which were different from the manga... not that it was bad, though. Bu~t, the animation was a bit better in the first episode.
Oct 12, 2012 11:54 AM
Feb 2012
Gizzleby said:
And by the way, dozens, maybe hundreds of people around you just died, I guess that doesn't get to you at all, right, just interrupts the epic action and dialog.

Exactly... Only Aika matters but basically everybody dead-metalized out there... They're nothing big .........
Yeah, quotes from Hamlet... out of place too.

shallow anime overall...
vopiOct 12, 2012 11:58 AM
Oct 12, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2010
The spear guy seemed really tough...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2012 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
the_trainman said:
Gizzleby said:
And by the way, dozens, maybe hundreds of people around you just died, I guess that doesn't get to you at all, right, just interrupts the epic action and dialog.

Exactly... Only Aika matters but basically everybody dead-metalized out there... They're nothing big .........
Yeah, quotes from Hamlet... out of place too.

shallow anime overall...

They are so out of place, but it's intentional :D
Oct 12, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
Gizzleby said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Gizzleby said:
I suppose someone will come and lecture me about how I'm totally wrong about these things and it makes sense if you only twist it the way you want it to be.

dude chill the fuck out, i asked a question cause you were being to vague, quit getting so defensive, this isnt youtube, not every conversation is a argument.

edit: holy shit you started a whole fight to the death over opinions above? jesus christ dude you really need to chill out more than i was anticipating. You just get dumped or something? why the hell you taking everything out on other people over such petty subjects

I'm actually damaged by more agressive forums. The type of forums full of trolls and flaming where your every post is a potential target for some idiot where you try to defend yourself in advance because you know whats coming. So sorry if it appeared to be like this, both in offensive wording and agression. If you look at my postcount I'm actually pretty new to this forum and totally not used to normal conversation. It's a process that just started. I hope it gets better soon. This is actually a pretty nice forum.
well try to adjust, i spent alot of time on this awful forum for game trailers where you are basically surrounded by the most annoying, defensive and downright uneducated individuals that need to take everything like a fight, so i understand what you mean, this place isnt devoid of arguments over opinions or typical immaturity but its not as rampant as GT for example

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 12, 2012 1:24 PM

Sep 2011
Face_Faith said:
Well, there were parts which were different from the manga.
it really doesnt seem that differant, like the same things happened but in a different setting is all.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 12, 2012 1:25 PM
Jan 2011

I wonder what kind of deal did they reach?

That woman is soo sexy, I wish there is some panty fanservice of her.
Oct 12, 2012 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
GrandPhantasm said:
My name is yoshino and i wear hair clips
this is so pretentious

lol I have to agree with you there. It just feels so pretentious...

It's not without enjoyment though....

Hopefully, as the series progresses, I'll feel less annoyed with some elements.
Oct 12, 2012 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
A pretty decent episode,I have great expections for the series.
Oct 12, 2012 2:29 PM

Oct 2012
Misiakk said:
But why does one of the main guys wear hair clips? I dont aprove this.

HAHAHA. Made my day! :D
Oct 12, 2012 2:35 PM

Jun 2010
For everybody that hates/dislikes/mehs this anime: I strongly yet kindly recommend either reading the manga or sticking to the anime for a bit more. Or both. The story has it flaws, but it reaches pretty high levels of awesome soon.

One thing I fear is an anime original ending. Anyway, sticking to the manga still, since M>A every time for me. With a few exceptions (my favorite list).

Also the ED reminded me of CLANNAD ~After Story~ ED - in how much it doesn't seem to fit anything else. The OP is awesome though.
Oct 12, 2012 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
Love the opening,and I see author still likes to show us how much he loves butterflies
and yeah I also fear the anime might take a different route later on but I still enjoy this show
i'm more curios if it's gonna reach
Oct 12, 2012 4:42 PM

Sep 2012
The music was intense and good and flowed well to the battles.
Oct 12, 2012 4:45 PM

Jul 2011
Ok, my favorite series of this season with Psycho-Pass until now.
Oct 12, 2012 5:09 PM
Dec 2008
This was somewhat interesting. I don't find the overall "end of the world" story to be interesting, but I'm intrigued about the characters. I anticipate some fight when the main guy tells the other he was going out with his sister.
Oct 12, 2012 6:17 PM
Jul 2012
Well, to much to say about this episode. Nothing really happened. I hope they make this fight even better than the manga, as it was short-lived. I found out that I'm a lot like Yoshino, seemingly weak body, kind outer look, while being deadly with his mind and tatics. I noticed I also had a bit of Mashiro, as... I'm a mad man. :)
Oct 12, 2012 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
Another great episode this series has been great so far.
Oct 12, 2012 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
I have to say, I love the animation, character design and OP/ED. So good. Every character is super attractive and pleasing to the eye. MC is hot. Aika and Hime are pretty.

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode. 4.5/5 :3
A bit confusing with the "fruits" and "civilization" stuff, but it's cool.
Oct 12, 2012 7:39 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing episode! Love the magic and fighting.
Hi...
Oct 12, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2008
Shaping up to be a great series.
Oct 12, 2012 8:09 PM

Oct 2011
I liked this episode a lot better than the first one!
So he dated his sister hmmm...
Oct 12, 2012 8:43 PM
Jul 2012
Chibi-Alice said:

They are necessary.
As you can see, Aika is the dead King Hamlet and Mahiro is the Prince Hamlet who seeks revenge. In the future episodes, we'll see what role does Yoshino and Hakaze takes for.
Oct 12, 2012 9:03 PM

Dec 2009
Ajunky said:
Gizzleby said:
the Shakespear lines are so ridiculously misplaced it's actually the most hilarious thing of the show so far.
What are you time is out of joint talking about?

Haha I sort of agree, but later you'll see that this line really is relevant to the story.

I actually don't remember the manga using the quotes from Hamlet as much as this episode did, but I guess the manga used it more sparingly with more flowing dialogue, which kind of makes it less noticeable. >.>

Graft said:
As you can see, Aika is the dead King Hamlet and Mahiro is the Prince Hamlet who seeks revenge. In the future episodes, we'll see what role does Yoshino and Hakaze takes for.

Your post made me realize that maybe I was confused by the manga because I didn't know about the parallels to the play that was being quoted. This is one of my many WhyDidn'tIThinkOfThat moments. =/
Oct 12, 2012 9:06 PM

Jan 2012
I'm seriously loving this series!!! xD
Can't wait for nxt wk!!! >.<

Oct 12, 2012 9:32 PM

Dec 2009
I'm still intrigued by the mystery surrounding Akia's death. Along with Yoshino's parents, why'd he call his mom? I'm not sure why but it bothers me. I could kinda care less about the mages, but when Mahiro & Yoshino were using magic it looked pretty cool.
Oct 12, 2012 10:51 PM

Aug 2011
The ED is uh... different, that's for sure. Textbook example of mood dissonance right there.

I still don't think Aika's dead. Actually, she's definitely not. She's too important of a character. And the Shakespeare stuff is getting kinda corny. They literally just find some random place to spit it out. I sure wouldn't be quoting Shakespeare if I'm in the middle of a fight. Great episode though, it just gets me more and more interested (unlike K's 2nd episode). Can't wait to find out the real deal behind the whole Aika thing.
Oct 12, 2012 11:03 PM

Jan 2008
Another fight on episode 2? Cool!

I'm definitely starting to like this anime. The story is quite intriguing.
Oct 13, 2012 12:04 AM

Dec 2011
renders said:
Love the opening,and I see author still likes to show us how much he loves butterflies
and yeah I also fear the anime might take a different route later on but I still enjoy this show

It will... I guess anime will end where first part of manga ended and then they will wait for more manga chapters and make season 2... That's why I said many people might end up disappointed by anime, especially if they haven't read manga...

@QwaserRailgun

It's not that much about the Hamlet... You read manga and you know why it is the most quoted... It has some relations to that play, but there is one more play involved later... :D Also in manga those quotes are far more fitting although even there sometimes it sounds empty xD I love Shakespeare and his plays xD
Oct 13, 2012 12:06 AM

Apr 2011
aiNkyy said:

Same here...I like both of them, and since I am reading the manga I know that later on it will be more awesome!!

renders said:

I love the OP too.
I don't think the anime will take a different route later on because
Oct 13, 2012 12:11 AM

Oct 2011
This is really good! I really like the opening song. Hanazawa Kana's voice is really cute too for the ending!
Oct 13, 2012 12:13 AM

Dec 2011
aria93 said:
aiNkyy said:

Same here...I like both of them, and since I am reading the manga I know that later on it will be more awesome!!

renders said:

I love the OP too.

40 chapters??????? O.O Ahhhhh.... When are people going to translate the rest? Is anyone working on that... I will die if I don't find out the rest of the story...
Oct 13, 2012 1:00 AM

Apr 2011
akutasame94 said:
aria93 said:
aiNkyy said:

renders said:

I love the OP too.

40 chapters??????? O.O Ahhhhh.... When are people going to translate the rest? Is anyone working on that... I will die if I don't find out the rest of the story...

OMG I am so sorry >.<
Someone said that s/he heard is up to 40 but is not confirmed yet.
I have only found raws till chapter 24.
Oct 13, 2012 1:43 AM

Dec 2011
aria93 said:
akutasame94 said:
aria93 said:
aiNkyy said:

renders said:

I love the OP too.

OMG I am so sorry >.<

I can't read raws so no good for me T.T
Oct 13, 2012 1:54 AM

Oct 2011
I get the feeling yoshino is aiko's killer.
It may be a bit early to assume such, but he has a very cold side to him i`m not sure i`m too trusting of.
Oct 13, 2012 2:04 AM

Dec 2011
kye_x said:
It may be a bit early to assume such, but he has a very cold side to him i`m not sure i`m too trusting of.

Well I got that feeling about him too... And even after reading what is translated of manga I have no idea who the killer is... I am glad to hear there are plenty of chapters out in Japan, that probably means we will get season 2 soon after this one is over, and considering that most people like this one :)
Oct 13, 2012 2:36 AM

Apr 2011
akutasame94 said:
aria93 said:
akutasame94 said:
aria93 said:
aiNkyy said:

renders said:

I love the OP too.

OMG I am so sorry >.<

Oct 13, 2012 2:40 AM

Dec 2011
aria93 said:
akutasame94 said:
aria93 said:
akutasame94 said:
aria93 said:
aiNkyy said:

renders said:

I love the OP too.

OMG I am so sorry >.<

Point me to that. I must know xD
Oct 13, 2012 2:54 AM

Feb 2012
I'm sucker for a classical music used at battles, so I was really enjoying this episode. And overall, this anime is getting better and better (maybe it's too much to say when only 2 episodes are out, but still).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 13, 2012 3:14 AM

Oct 2011
KingLear said:
I'm sucker for a classical music used at battles, so I was really enjoying this episode. And overall, this anime is getting better and better (maybe it's too much to say when only 2 episodes are out, but still).

same here, I noticed there were was a beautiful orchestra piece playing throughout episode one as well.
Oct 13, 2012 3:17 AM

Oct 2011
akutasame94 said:
kye_x said:

Well I got that feeling about him too... And even after reading what is translated of manga I have no idea who the killer is... I am glad to hear there are plenty of chapters out in Japan, that probably means we will get season 2 soon after this one is over, and considering that most people like this one :)

Glad i`m not the only one whose caught onto that.
After hearing that, I hope the "mystery portion" of the plot is not dragged out too much, and that we can at least get some leads as to he/she is by the end of the first series :)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.