Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 12, 2012 9:47 PM

Aug 2011
I'd probably cry if an anime I loved waited 4+ years to air its final episode.
Oct 12, 2012 9:48 PM

Feb 2011
BatoKusanagi said:
I liked it. I was expecting Saki to say "maru" at some point lol
Last show I'll start this season...

Random C;H reference at the end. Wonder who that little girl is... Are we gonna see some Di-swords?

Random... they say that in Steins;Gate like 4 times, so, probably no di-swords....
Oct 12, 2012 10:54 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm...like everyone else WTF is with the Chaos;Head reference? Random one says, yet another says it is interlinked somehow concerning that Chaos, Steins, and Robotics all take place in the same universe.

I have no difference in opinion when it comes to the posts in this topic. Slow episode but probably because it is a buildup.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 12, 2012 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
Ehhh... Not a fan of mecha. Interesting characters so far though.
Oct 12, 2012 11:55 PM

Jan 2010
Paul said:
Really wished they used Steins;Gate's character design. Oh wells.

So basically, they're gonna build a gundam mecha? Well, alright I guess.

Found the OP/ED average.

Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes all get different artists. Just the way it is.
Oct 13, 2012 12:01 AM

Jun 2008
MellowJello said:
Ehhh... Not a fan of mecha. Interesting characters so far though.

I'm just going to say that the plot revolves around"The Robot Boom", but it will lead into a much more "grim" plot.

Chaos;Head = Delusions and Reality
Steins;Gate = Time Traveling
Robotic;Notes = Robots and Augmented Reality

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 13, 2012 12:08 AM

Dec 2010
OP song was nice.

Liked that Nyan-nyan app he had for his device (PokeCom?). I wish I had one of those. :3

The contents of the show were alright. Nothing major happened yet so I can't really say anything bad nor good about it.

Woah. So we have some sort of time travel going on. Reminiscent of Steins;Gate?!

ED song was nice.

Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 13, 2012 12:17 AM

Jan 2012
Kai reminds me of one of my brothers o.o lol x)
Series looks great! (btw)

Oct 13, 2012 12:24 AM

Dec 2010
not really a fan of mecha, but so far, im liking this :D
the characters, the story, the animation... cant wait
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 13, 2012 1:13 AM
Aug 2012
At least we can confirm the chick, I forget her name develops, her presence in that preview really drew me in, if they can realistically develop and mature her character while motivating the MC this can do well.
Oct 13, 2012 1:40 AM

Feb 2012
Will not watch this one for it being a Robot series. I don't like Robots in General. I feel like it's for kids aged from 8-11.
Oct 13, 2012 2:12 AM

Aug 2008
HAS NO ONE PICKED UP ON AKIHO QUOTING GODDAMN CHAR AZNABLE THREE TIMES!? That's a good enough reason to watch any Anime, otherwise you will not be able to blame it on the misfortune of your birth
Oct 13, 2012 4:25 AM

Jun 2008
BudokaZ said:
HAS NO ONE PICKED UP ON AKIHO QUOTING GODDAMN CHAR AZNABLE THREE TIMES!? That's a good enough reason to watch any Anime, otherwise you will not be able to blame it on the misfortune of your birth

Congratz for noticing it. :D

pizza_012 said:
Will not watch this one for it being a Robot series. I don't like Robots in General. I feel like it's for kids aged from 8-11.

The early plot will revolve around robots and the Tournament, but as it is a "spiritual sequel" of both Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, the real plot will be revealed later on and it pretty much involves once again the world.

Oct 13, 2012 5:45 AM
Nov 2011
Meh, it won't be another Steins;Gate, I suppose. "Disliked it."
Oct 13, 2012 6:31 AM

Sep 2012
My guess is the light-heartedness just hides a serious undertone that will become apparent as the series progresses, just like Steins;Gate.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 7:36 AM
Feb 2012
Love the characters already :D guess im just a sucker but oh well. One of the animes this season that ill look forward to watching
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Oct 13, 2012 7:38 AM

Jul 2011
below average first impression. Steins;Gate was somewhat decent but not that memorable for me to be taken seriously. I see this no different
Oct 13, 2012 7:40 AM

Sep 2012
Lately said:
below average first impression. Steins;Gate was somewhat decent but not that memorable for me to be taken seriously. I see this no different

For you to be taken seriously? Hmm...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 8:50 AM

Mar 2012
Those Eyes, Who's Are They?
(Chaos;Head Reference) :3
Oct 13, 2012 9:04 AM
May 2012
Pretty much interesting, I'll see how this one will go.
Oct 13, 2012 9:49 AM
Nov 2011
Eagerly began watching the first episode with HUGE expectations, since Steins;Gate is bar none my favourite anime of all time. I'll have to say I'm a tad disappointed, though I'm sure it'll pick up with time.

So far.....
Characters- The main character just seems....meh. No feelings for him yet. On the other hand, really loved Akiho's personality. It's what kept me from giving this episode a '3'. None of the characters are as immediately epic like Steins;Gate's Rintaro though.

Music- OP was decent. Disliked ED. The OP cannot really compare with Steins;Gate's.

Animation- Fluid, nice, spectacular in the scene where Akiho described Gunvarrel.

Story so far- Just a little bit too light hearted for my liking. Waiting for more drama to spike up.

I know I compare it to S;G too much, but that was the expectation I had. I have faith that it'll become so much better though ;) Still stoked for the next episode
Oct 13, 2012 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
"Hey there
Hate to say this, but you're suspected of using cheats
Some b00b reported you, saying your reaction time's way too
fast to be physically possible.
Err, I meant d00d, not b00b ROFL
Lemme know if you got anything
to say about this kthxby"

HAHAHA! This made my day! Gotta love HorribleSubs!
Oct 13, 2012 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
TOTALLY LOVED THIS!
And Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate were awesome aswell; Hope this will be EVEN BETTER.

As swift as the wind...
...And as spirited as the stormy seas!
GUNVARREL!

Shing!
Oct 13, 2012 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
Mispelled said:
"Hey there

They sub like this??

Now when the person who wrote it show up later in the anime, this bit of translaton would sound out-of-character I'd say...

Oct 13, 2012 1:40 PM
Sep 2012
A decent introductory episode, Akiho is great. I hope the plot evolves into a evading the disaster story like Steins;Gate did, but I suppose that'll happen after the robo tournament is done with.
Oct 13, 2012 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
O.K. introduction episode, I expected more but Steins;Gate also had a slow start imo.
The ending was rather unexpected, I didn't expect magic here (and I guess it's just an effect).
I'm looking forward to more, this is promising.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 13, 2012 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
Well, unimpressive start but I enjoyed it, can't really say anything about the premise or whatsoever, I'm waiting for that blonde girl, she is already my favorite character.
Oct 13, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
There is almost no chance this could be better than Steins;Gate, but it could at least be quite good and better than Chaos;Head. I really hope it will get interesting and have some interesting twists, just like Steins;Gate had.
Oct 13, 2012 4:59 PM

Jun 2008
maladox said:
Those Eyes, Who's Are They?
(Chaos;Head Reference) :3

It's "Whose Eyes are those Eyes?" (Sono me dare no me)

symbv said:
Mispelled said:
"Hey there

They sub like this??

Now when the person who wrote it show up later in the anime, this bit of translaton would sound out-of-character I'd say...

Yeah, actually FrauKojirou writes like that also in the original VN. but Horriblesubs just took it and ran with the translations.

This is WhyNot's version, it's not actually better though.
Sorry for the sudden msg
It's a bit tough to say, but you see...
I suspect you of cheating, UMISHO.
Your reaction are abnormally fast. Grandma always-
lol, I mean, we've received a message saying so.
If you've anything to say about that, tell us.

Oct 13, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2009
Oh god she's a Char Aznable fangirl. This will be great.
Oct 13, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
Very good start, nice use of augmented reality there. it will be interesting to see how much of role it plays during the course of the story. Also Akiho is quite the character. She may not be on the level of say a Hououin Kyouma but she is still very charismatic.
Oct 13, 2012 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
"Sono me, dare no me" - So I take it this is going to be more based on Chaos;head. I really hope they do something good with this considering Chaos;head was awful.

I REALLY hope they include some Steins;gate references especially if this is the Divergence Ratio 1.048596 World Line. Perhaps even a cameo of the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!
Oct 13, 2012 8:33 PM

Jun 2008
Jordan_X said:
I REALLY hope they include some Steins;gate references especially if this is the Divergence Ratio 1.048596 World Line. Perhaps even a cameo of the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

There are actually 2 other characters from Steins;gate that will appear, and not just a cameo.

Oct 13, 2012 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
kaimax said:

symbv said:
Mispelled said:
"Hey there

They sub like this??

Yeah, actually FrauKojirou writes like that also in the original VN. but Horriblesubs just took it and ran with the translations.

This is WhyNot's version, it's not actually better though.
Sorry for the sudden msg
It's a bit tough to say, but you see...
I suspect you of cheating, UMISHO.
Your reaction are abnormally fast. Grandma always-
lol, I mean, we've received a message saying so.
If you've anything to say about that, tell us.

Actually it is far better. I read the Japanese text in the anime, and the WhyNot's version above sticks much closer to what the Japanese text said. The HorribleSubs would make FrauKojirou sound quite out of character.

Oct 13, 2012 10:33 PM

Jul 2010
I wonder what did the divergence meter at the start meant...
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 14, 2012 2:51 AM

May 2010
this is better than I expected
Oct 14, 2012 4:25 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
After this episode, I can't help but wonder where this is going to go with all the mechas and stuff. Seems like it will remain a rather light-hearted show though, so I won't be holding my breath for any S;G level mind blowing.

The setting seems nice and unique enough though, with all that high tech futuristic stuff being portrayed well imo.
Oct 14, 2012 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
Also, I claim Akiho as my waifu so fuck off.
The Art of Eight
Oct 14, 2012 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nice start, like those high tech stuffs.
Oct 14, 2012 12:12 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad start, although I did not know anything about a mecha in this series beforehand. I'm interested to see where it leads, although it seems like nothing much happened except at the ending, with the strange new character. I also wonder why the ED has only one character, but maybe I'll find out later. Not that exciting, but I feel like it will get interesting eventually.
4/5

Oct 14, 2012 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
Aki's the best.
Oct 14, 2012 3:58 PM

Oct 2010
Sigsig said:
I want to know myself but one thing for sure it means is that all is OK! The rating being higher than 1 it's all good!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 14, 2012 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Sigsig said:
I want to know myself but one thing for sure it means is that all is OK! The rating being higher than 1 it's all good!

It basically meant that it's in the same universe of The True End of Steins;Gate. That's the simple answer.

The complicated answer = you need to be patient and just watch the anime.

Oct 14, 2012 5:16 PM

Aug 2010
This was ok, but a bit dry and slow.

I can see it picking up though, it has a certain quality about it.
Oct 14, 2012 5:32 PM

May 2009
Exceeded my low expectations. Good visuals and the like, as expected of Production I.G. I like the girl MC, and the guy seems okay so far. Hoping a nice story develops after the slice of life/comedy introduction.
Oct 14, 2012 6:48 PM

Jun 2010
Energetic, hyper girl. All I know is that I'm going to be terribly sad when she is sad.

Oct 14, 2012 9:19 PM
Oct 2010
Going by how boring this episode was, it feels more like Calculus;Textbook than robotics;notes.

Nah, just kidding. OK characters and an interesting premise. I think it will be an enjoyable ride, as long as the inevitable genre shift is done smoothly enough (Steins; gate was ok in that regard). As another poster observed above, the last scene transition was just silly. The more you blatantly try to look cool and mystical, the more ridiculous it appears.
Oct 14, 2012 11:43 PM

Apr 2007
Why do I have the feeling its pure light-hearted anime... :(
Oct 14, 2012 11:55 PM

Aug 2010
While I was completely sucked in by S;G's first episode, I can't say the same here. It was okay I guess, but not much for me to enjoy. That costume application was nice though. I like the girl, but dislike the guy. We'll see 3/5.
Oct 15, 2012 2:53 AM

Jan 2012
CEMPUNK said:
Why do I have the feeling its pure light-hearted anime... :(

Were you expecting it to be dark? (Though I won't lie, I kinda thought the same thing too.)

And I thought it was a pretty average first episode. The technology looked fairly interesting and I like how it's kids building a giant robot, rather than finding/being given one.

However, I have a feeling that the girl will probably be my least favorite character.
And now I feel compelled to finish Chaos;Head because of the dialogue at the end,
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.