Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Post New Reply
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 1 Discussion

May 19, 2016 5:38 AM

Psycho pass is a light in the great darkness that is anime. Anime was a bad idea from the start.

Jun 10, 2016 1:35 PM

the opening and ed <3 (❤ω❤)
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub

Jun 21, 2016 1:15 PM

Okay start, OP and ED was nice.

I just hope Akane doesnt turn into a Yuki or a Raki, these kind of characters are extremely annoying and ruin anime for me.

Aug 10, 2016 1:27 PM
Hessegirl

Wow! That was deep. It is a complete dystopia. I'm horrified.

Sep 12, 2016 12:09 PM
That first episode was something. That rookie cop has a lot to learn. Curious to see how the series will progress.
Uploader53

Nov 5, 2016 5:08 AM

I wearing a long wanted to see this anime. thanks to some friends I have started and although only I takes one chapter looks good.

(I hope that does not have a lot of blood because I hate gore)

Nov 6, 2016 6:12 AM

Goood Good!!!!

Perfect start so far, Im coming E2!!!!!!!

OP and ED are amazing and fit for the theme

Jan 4, 2017 12:16 AM

Beebop Comparison FTW!
I see than few people notice potential in the rookie and I would aggree that she's not the one who is annoying here.
I was a bit sceptical about the ideas of the show, but now think that it may prove solid. Also, the setting looks like it can be used with GURPS system for roleplaying together pretty well.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Jan 27, 2017 11:50 AM

This sensation I haven't felt it in a while I have great expectations for this anime, forgot to mention the animations is geogeous specially the lights effects on the city just love it.

Jan 27, 2017 9:59 PM

my gosh what a rush totally cool series so far imo

i hope it stays cool, thanks hulu for not sucking and taking it off along with other cool shows u removed & criterion lol whats ur problem?

for real tho, hulu is cool so is psycho pass peace im out

Apr 11, 2017 11:41 AM

Using criminals to hunt down criminals, and a threat system controlled by an AI - What Could Possibly Go Wrong: The Anime.

Apr 14, 2017 3:02 PM

Music is wonderful here , the type I like very much. Enjoying this type of futuristic setting that's not much too far from today's world ( at least in my view ).

Conflict between AI and human mind already arose.

EDIT : After seeing second episode my thought about difference from today's world has changed.
Modified by Etherealis, Apr 15, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 16, 2017 6:39 AM

Well I am on Akane's side. Great main character we have. Hope she destroys this messed-up system which can't even tell what's contagious properly, or at least improvises it. Her words had an effect on the woman. She managed to calm her down and that takes skill. People who are hating on her for it, my condolences.
DarklordVor said:
LackofAfro said:

Stopping someone from shooting a victim is being a justice bitch? and she only shot the guy because he was going to kill her.

I was referring to the Justice Bitch from Akame ga Kill (Seryu Ubiquitous). But you were right and I was wrong, I mistakenly thought that the guy was only wanted to paralyze the girl instead of killing her.

Though I stand corrected that her character is a bit annoying, maybe she will develop better in later episodes.

Stand corrected? Lol. That's just a subjective opinion you have there.
Modified by TragicRomance, Apr 16, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 17, 2017 11:22 PM
well that was creepy

Jun 19, 2017 7:12 PM

Hmm. I can see her type of justice mindset and wanting to help the victims even if they've been labeled as a "criminal" but what if the others aren't as tame as this lady? Maybe they're deceiving her with good acting. In which case, it will endanger others to be too kind to a criminal :/

I'm sure her eyes were opened when her BOSS decided to shoot the lady =____=' it's not Kou and the others' judgment as criminals. Even the good guys will shoot when they have to. This girl really is a newbie. Smh.
Modified by Kokoro_Kotashima, Jun 19, 2017 7:16 PM

Jul 7, 2017 5:00 PM

Cool setting and concept, reminds me of Minority Report but I already don't like one thing. Akane is annoying and I guess will remain useless. Will see next few episodes, if she remains retarded and main focus of story I may not like this show.

Anyways, I heard Shougo is good character so wanting to see him in action makes me continue watching this.

Aug 1, 2017 10:55 AM
Kind of pointless to blow people's heads off when they didn't do anything wrong, like that criminal's girlfriend or something, for example.

Aug 18, 2017 3:07 AM

interesting! you can clearly see the innocence that she possesses, and also the ruthlessness that many of the enforcers have on 'criminals'. looking forward to see how she will develop in a world where, when the system says a person is a criminal and lethal action must be taken, it's taken.

Sep 3, 2017 8:26 AM
Oh, rape on the very first episode. I hope rape isn't used as a plot device again, as it is an extremely uncomfortable topic.

The idealistic main character has a point, but if I was in her place, I don't think I would have tried to save that woman. How does she plan to help a rape victim? Her intention is good, but victims of rape very rarely recover and even those who recover are still messed up for the rest of their lives. To make it worse, she is now seen as a criminal, for some stupid messed up reason.

For that woman, perhaps dying would have been for the best.

Sep 4, 2017 7:50 AM
as of the first episode its confusing but thats to be expected from this kind of series

Sep 9, 2017 9:05 PM

Oh feck, I thought she was gonna die. Glad she wasn't. MC heroine saves the day.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 11, 2017 9:02 AM

I like who the explanation text at the end was like "maybe some people didn't get, so here you go."

Aug 14, 2018 1:04 PM

well here i am, rewatching this anime. i remember the exact moment that i did years ago because my brother had asked what i was watching. i thought that woman got sexually assaulted but i guess that was just what they wanted us to believe? i mean, the dude's pants were still on. and it suckkkkks major that the woman's psycho pass levels rose as high as the criminal's. so i guess it factors in psychological damage (obviously by the name). the way it ended, she's in for some trouble and it's only her first day. that elevator scene made me realize that she looks like a boy from the back of her head facing the camera and i think i'd like it more if it actually was a boy protagonist. this anime has an amazing opening *and* ending. that's not too common, usually there's one that i favor less over the other. the ending sounds like it would be better for a opening though.
watashi wa, bara no ~ sadame ni ~ umareta

Dec 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Looking at all the other characters then turning back to the main protagonist makes me think that it'll take a while to get used to her look but whatever. Rookie's got a lot to learn when it comes to where it actually mattered because of the ironic idea that the better you are in the academy, the harder it'll be to adjust to the real situation without the all the wishy-washy justice sugarcoating. What she did was pretty irrational but I personally think that she did the right call in stopping the Enforcer because his Dominator's settings was changed to lethal. The woman was clearly the victim and having her killed just because she was running from the authorities after having such a mind-breaking experience that upped her Crime Coefficient was just exactly what the system wanted her to do.

I was actually expecting that she'd be set on fire by accident after whipping out her lighter while being doused in gas. Glad that it didn't actually turn out that way. Loved the dystopian setting and the sleek hi-tech gadgets they all use. Futuristic~ I almost forgot to mention that this one interested me in particular because the premise was the first thing I thought of when I watched a video about China's new social credit system lol
Modified by Kajo_Senpai69, Dec 26, 2018 6:11 PM

Jan 13, 2019 6:47 AM

wow so like the first episode was amazing...kinda like played with morality

Feb 16, 2019 11:54 PM

Interesting concept in this anime. Curious to see how it plays out...

Feb 17, 2019 4:34 AM

Okay that's brutal.

I'm really digging into the setting and the concept. The visuals are great which is unsurprising since it's an I.G show.

Mar 16, 2019 5:11 PM

I've already seen this episode years ago and my impression didn't change much. I still like the setting and the premise, dunno why I never continued.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 was the salvation

Jul 7, 2019 3:43 AM

Experience wins over theory.

Well it's already a bad idea to make AI judge human's action. It's good point only it's effectiveness.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.

Jul 28, 2019 3:39 AM

One of Hanakana's attempts at 'alternative' voice tone. Is it sufficient?

Is it fuck

Aug 5, 2019 8:07 PM

Ah time to really watch this which I have been hearing since it aired even barely knew about anime back then.

And it didn't end up better than I was hoping. Maybe just got spoiled by the sac series especially how mc is way feel out of place here for such serious setting. But I really love the show's aesthetic so far!

Aug 25, 2019 11:41 PM

Interesting concept. I want more now after the first episode

Dec 20, 2019 1:05 AM

Damn, this was a pretty solid start!

Absolutely loving the dark theme and futuristic setting! Human feelings and thoughts being quantified, yikes now that sounds pretty surreal. A simple street scanner's results determining such a matter, definitely curious about the state of the city! Yikes, that blow-up though, gore...

Interesting characters introduced so far. The "Enforcers" seem like a lively bunch. Dat old man and Kougari so far have certainly piqued my interest. I wonder what Kougari said before getting fired though. The new officer sounds like a handful but I'm curious to see what she'll bring, and of course it's lovely to hear HanaKana.

Finally giving this series a shot and I'm ready to binge! Op and ED both sounded pretty darn good as well and likewise for the osts. Animation is great overall despite some odd moments here and there.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 4, 2020 1:38 PM

I've heard good things about the first season, so I figured I would watch this eventually. Not a bad first episode! Looks like this series still has releases to this day, with another movie released this month.

Mar 7, 2020 3:40 PM
Review Moderator
Intriguing and fast-paced first episode. Already got a lot of information out of it.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Apr 28, 2020 11:12 PM

Insane!!!
I loved the environment sound effect and mood of the dark theme. Decent start ")

"Things are more complicated than it looks."

May 2, 2020 12:54 AM

loving the first ep , nice animation and soundtracks

Aug 10, 2020 1:24 PM
The first impression I had with this first chapter regarding anime is very good.

The introduction of all the characters is decent considering that we already met most of the relevant ones. They are all quite different from each other and have a very interesting design.

The design of the environment (the city) and the characters is an exquisite combination, the colors are beautiful (I loved how the eyes of the characters turned blue when Dominator gave orders), all this is beautiful being a set.

This does not always happen but I am interested in each of the characters in this chapter, I want to know more about them and their history, which is difficult to achieve in a show.

The first chapter and we are already asking ourselves questions ... Would it really be appropriate to kill a victim affected mentally and emotionally by the aggressor? Apparently the protagonist Akane is the closest to what we would feel identified in a different world (that's why I managed to get along with her enough).

The ambient sounds are perfect, I am very happy that I decided to use headphones because it was a pleasure.

What a way to start the anime... pretty good. I love every aspect.

In few words: Every aspect comes together in this first episode and creates something very beautiful both visually and audibly. My expectations of the anime are being satisfied with these 20 minutes.

Aug 17, 2020 2:10 AM

That was solid and very interesting.

Aug 17, 2020 2:36 AM
You can already tell how brutal this show will be. We already got gore and rape. Good first episode, looking forward for more.

Sep 23, 2020 7:47 AM

I'm confused and why did such a beautiful girl have to die in the first episode?

Nov 9, 2020 3:59 AM

This is really cool, Psychology, Crime, everything is good. I like it

Dec 28, 2020 3:08 AM
ꕤ 野草野花 ꕤ

Definitely a strong first episode! And very interesting premise

I replayed it when Kougami shot the guy. The animation was so gnarly & cool!!!! Also I really like the ED already

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 29, 2020 6:43 PM
Both good and stupid, possessing great potential in my opinion. For one, while certain actions/crimes seem irrational, none of them truly are "irrational" - their study will result in fruition, how can this show blatantly ignore that? For second, I really love the concept of psychological threat-evaluation through technology; great sci-fi play I've thought of plenty of times myself, it's just something you are bound to mull over if you study criminology/psychology. Really wonder what threat-level the main dish is going to have! And now my biggest complaint: what the fuck was wrong with Akane? Now she was irrational in ANY psychological standards and her actions cannot be explainable EVER! They were going to use paralyzers, NOT kill her! In general, she had a threat-level to begin with because of trauma; the sooner they'd put someone like her in custody the better, but no Akane thought it was better to "verbally" talk her into coming with them IN SPITE of the fact that someone was literally fucking blown up next to her - the abrasiveness is unheard of, why were the guns designed in such a psychopathic way? Couldn't they use some sort of instant-kill poison or something? It's a sci-fi world, certainly that wouldn't have been weird or anything. Just intentionally but unnecessarily gory, no other explanation.

Jan 7, 1:36 PM
Restless One

I wondered whether to go with sub or dub, then I noticed Kana Hanazawa, heard her glorious YAMETEEE towards the end, picked up my jaw off the floor, and stopped wondering.
Modified by Hydallan, Jan 7, 1:40 PM
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]