Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 1 Discussion

May 19, 2016 5:35 AM

Wow. Really impressed with the way they build up and explain the setting of this whole story. The animation is great (looks like katekyo hitman reborn) and the story-telling through Akane's eyes is interesting as well. Hopefully we'll get to see more character development along with the plot development.

May 19, 2016 5:38 AM

Psycho pass is a light in the great darkness that is anime. Anime was a bad idea from the start.

Jun 10, 2016 1:35 PM

the opening and ed <3 (❤ω❤)
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub

Jun 21, 2016 1:15 PM

Okay start, OP and ED was nice.

I just hope Akane doesnt turn into a Yuki or a Raki, these kind of characters are extremely annoying and ruin anime for me.

Aug 10, 2016 1:27 PM
野生

Wow! That was deep. It is a complete dystopia. I'm horrified.

Sep 12, 2016 12:09 PM
That first episode was something. That rookie cop has a lot to learn. Curious to see how the series will progress.
Uploader53

Nov 5, 2016 5:08 AM

I wearing a long wanted to see this anime. thanks to some friends I have started and although only I takes one chapter looks good.

(I hope that does not have a lot of blood because I hate gore)

Nov 6, 2016 6:12 AM

Goood Good!!!!

Perfect start so far, Im coming E2!!!!!!!

OP and ED are amazing and fit for the theme

Jan 4, 2017 12:16 AM

Beebop Comparison FTW!
I see than few people notice potential in the rookie and I would aggree that she's not the one who is annoying here.
I was a bit sceptical about the ideas of the show, but now think that it may prove solid. Also, the setting looks like it can be used with GURPS system for roleplaying together pretty well.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Jan 27, 2017 11:50 AM

This sensation I haven't felt it in a while I have great expectations for this anime, forgot to mention the animations is geogeous specially the lights effects on the city just love it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 27, 2017 9:59 PM

my gosh what a rush totally cool series so far imo

i hope it stays cool, thanks hulu for not sucking and taking it off along with other cool shows u removed & criterion lol whats ur problem?

for real tho, hulu is cool so is psycho pass peace im out

Apr 11, 2017 11:41 AM

Using criminals to hunt down criminals, and a threat system controlled by an AI - What Could Possibly Go Wrong: The Anime.

Apr 14, 2017 3:02 PM

Music is wonderful here , the type I like very much. Enjoying this type of futuristic setting that's not much too far from today's world ( at least in my view ).

Conflict between AI and human mind already arose.

EDIT : After seeing second episode my thought about difference from today's world has changed.
Modified by Etherealis, Apr 15, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 16, 2017 6:39 AM

Well I am on Akane's side. Great main character we have. Hope she destroys this messed-up system which can't even tell what's contagious properly, or at least improvises it. Her words had an effect on the woman. She managed to calm her down and that takes skill. People who are hating on her for it, my condolences.
DarklordVor said:
LackofAfro said:

Stopping someone from shooting a victim is being a justice bitch? and she only shot the guy because he was going to kill her.

I was referring to the Justice Bitch from Akame ga Kill (Seryu Ubiquitous). But you were right and I was wrong, I mistakenly thought that the guy was only wanted to paralyze the girl instead of killing her.

Though I stand corrected that her character is a bit annoying, maybe she will develop better in later episodes.

Stand corrected? Lol. That's just a subjective opinion you have there.
Modified by TragicRomance, Apr 16, 2017 6:44 AM

Apr 17, 2017 11:22 PM
well that was creepy

Jun 19, 2017 7:12 PM

Hmm. I can see her type of justice mindset and wanting to help the victims even if they've been labeled as a "criminal" but what if the others aren't as tame as this lady? Maybe they're deceiving her with good acting. In which case, it will endanger others to be too kind to a criminal :/

I'm sure her eyes were opened when her BOSS decided to shoot the lady =____=' it's not Kou and the others' judgment as criminals. Even the good guys will shoot when they have to. This girl really is a newbie. Smh.
Modified by Kokoro_Inuzuka, Jun 19, 2017 7:16 PM

Jul 7, 2017 5:00 PM

Cool setting and concept, reminds me of Minority Report but I already don't like one thing. Akane is annoying and I guess will remain useless. Will see next few episodes, if she remains retarded and main focus of story I may not like this show.

Anyways, I heard Shougo is good character so wanting to see him in action makes me continue watching this.

Aug 1, 2017 10:55 AM
Kind of pointless to blow people's heads off when they didn't do anything wrong, like that criminal's girlfriend or something, for example.

Aug 18, 2017 3:07 AM
Maori Madness

interesting! you can clearly see the innocence that she possesses, and also the ruthlessness that many of the enforcers have on 'criminals'. looking forward to see how she will develop in a world where, when the system says a person is a criminal and lethal action must be taken, it's taken.

Sep 3, 2017 8:26 AM
Oh, rape on the very first episode. I hope rape isn't used as a plot device again, as it is an extremely uncomfortable topic.

The idealistic main character has a point, but if I was in her place, I don't think I would have tried to save that woman. How does she plan to help a rape victim? Her intention is good, but victims of rape very rarely recover and even those who recover are still messed up for the rest of their lives. To make it worse, she is now seen as a criminal, for some stupid messed up reason.

For that woman, perhaps dying would have been for the best.

Sep 4, 2017 7:50 AM
as of the first episode its confusing but thats to be expected from this kind of series

Sep 9, 2017 9:05 PM

Oh feck, I thought she was gonna die. Glad she wasn't. MC heroine saves the day.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 11, 2017 9:02 AM

I like who the explanation text at the end was like "maybe some people didn't get, so here you go."

Aug 14, 2018 1:04 PM

well here i am, rewatching this anime. i remember the exact moment that i did years ago because my brother had asked what i was watching. i thought that woman got sexually assaulted but i guess that was just what they wanted us to believe? i mean, the dude's pants were still on. and it suckkkkks major that the woman's psycho pass levels rose as high as the criminal's. so i guess it factors in psychological damage (obviously by the name). the way it ended, she's in for some trouble and it's only her first day. that elevator scene made me realize that she looks like a boy from the back of her head facing the camera and i think i'd like it more if it actually was a boy protagonist. this anime has an amazing opening *and* ending. that's not too common, usually there's one that i favor less over the other. the ending sounds like it would be better for a opening though.
watashi wa, bara no ~ sadame ni ~ umareta

Dec 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Looking at all the other characters then turning back to the main protagonist makes me think that it'll take a while to get used to her look but whatever. Rookie's got a lot to learn when it comes to where it actually mattered because of the ironic idea that the better you are in the academy, the harder it'll be to adjust to the real situation without the all the wishy-washy justice sugarcoating. What she did was pretty irrational but I personally think that she did the right call in stopping the Enforcer because his Dominator's settings was changed to lethal. The woman was clearly the victim and having her killed just because she was running from the authorities after having such a mind-breaking experience that upped her Crime Coefficient was just exactly what the system wanted her to do.

I was actually expecting that she'd be set on fire by accident after whipping out her lighter while being doused in gas. Glad that it didn't actually turn out that way. Loved the dystopian setting and the sleek hi-tech gadgets they all use. Futuristic~ I almost forgot to mention that this one interested me in particular because the premise was the first thing I thought of when I watched a video about China's new social credit system lol
Modified by Kajo_Senpai69, Dec 26, 2018 6:11 PM

Jan 13, 6:47 AM

wow so like the first episode was amazing...kinda like played with morality

Feb 16, 11:54 PM

Interesting concept in this anime. Curious to see how it plays out...

Feb 17, 4:34 AM

Okay that's brutal.

I'm really digging into the setting and the concept. The visuals are great which is unsurprising since it's an I.G show.

Mar 16, 5:11 PM

I've already seen this episode years ago and my impression didn't change much. I still like the setting and the premise, dunno why I never continued.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jul 7, 3:43 AM

Experience wins over theory.

Well it's already a bad idea to make AI judge human's action. It's good point only it's effectiveness.
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Jul 28, 3:39 AM

One of Hanakana's attempts at 'alternative' voice tone. Is it sufficient?

Is it fuck

Aug 5, 8:07 PM

Ah time to really watch this which I have been hearing since it aired even barely knew about anime back then.

And it didn't end up better than I was hoping. Maybe just got spoiled by the sac series especially how mc is way feel out of place here for such serious setting. But I really love the show's aesthetic so far!

Aug 25, 11:41 PM

Interesting concept. I want more now after the first episode

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]