Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 1 Discussion

May 5, 2014 7:03 PM

rickywolfy said:
Wow! Awesome anime so far~!
The very first scene confused me, though....hopefully it'll explain the beginning later on? x3

Umm....futuristic type of setting going on! I loved the type of guns they had....so cool! And the way the rooms changed to the design you want, cool! Everything else was pretty awesome. :3

So far, I'm really enjoying this anime! Woot! x3 Glad I'm watching it. :3

It does get explained later on, so don't worry about that.

May 9, 2014 6:28 AM

Damn man the music in this anime is awesome

May 25, 2014 9:07 PM

rewatching

There is no gore-censoring on my BDs =D
Surprisingly, the dub isn't half bad... though I'll still stick to subs.

Excellent introduction episode. Full of suspense and very intense.

Jun 6, 2014 3:32 AM

Oooh, nice premise and cool visuals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 15, 2014 4:00 AM

The premise is very intriguing. Makes me wanna continue watching it. Loved it ^-^

Jul 27, 2014 10:20 AM

Fucking awesome. I love the concept. Production I.G spoils me with sci-fi =)

Jul 30, 2014 4:25 AM

My first impression, is this Blade Runner? The entire setting is taken from the movie. And Kogami reminds me of a Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

Aug 8, 2014 1:33 AM

Very good first episode. The op and ed themes are great.

I thought I wouldn't like the Rook at first but she's alright. I agree with her that the victim of the kidnapping shouldn't have been shot. Hell it's all fucked up how a machine can just label you a criminal just by scanning you. The fact that the victim calmed down through talking makes it even more fucked up. These people would just kill them without even trying to help them all because a machine told them to. Shit's like some illuminati depopulation scheme. That world is so messed up...god forbid our world ever gets like that.

Aug 9, 2014 8:30 PM

I have heard a lot of great things about this anime and overall i think this was a very impressive first episode.

Aug 11, 2014 11:31 PM

Great premise, Sony Music, awesome visuals, why did i delay this so much?
Modified by PriestSlayer, Aug 14, 2015 1:08 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Aug 14, 2014 4:59 PM
I had completely forgoten about this until it poped up on netflix. What an amazing start, it's like minority report anime version.
Sent with Mal Updater

Aug 19, 2014 7:53 AM

This is amazing! Everything looks so cool ... the characters, the setting, the visuals. I should've started watching this earlier.

Aug 23, 2014 4:08 PM

that OP theme is very catchy.
Recommend me an anime

Aug 29, 2014 9:23 PM

Awesome beginning, the animation kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul. The guns also remind me of Gantz, even more the "lethal" type that makes bodies explode.

Awesome episode, 10/10. Hoping it continues to be as good. Never thought it would be this good, I had heard really good about it but I wasn't expecting this much =)

Sep 2, 2014 9:36 PM

I wonder how that guy was raping that girl. His position is awkward.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou

Sep 8, 2014 7:09 PM

Well holy-f***ing shit, I think I found a series that will satisfy my hunger for an anime that is mature and epic. That was an incredibly awesome and badass episode.
And to add to that, KANA HANAZAWA is the MC? HELL YES
Life has meaning.

Sep 15, 2014 5:55 AM
i enjoyed the first episode it didn't waste any time getting to the point and action grate art good base story hope it keeps up

Sep 15, 2014 5:36 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes at a convention and I have to say I'm intrigued.

Oct 9, 2014 12:32 PM
woohoo!

Here we go again!

Great start of the continuation of Psycho Pass, which was one of the better anime in its season back then!

I guess the first anime was popular enough and made enough money to make this sequel? And I'm glad for it. I don't think they can gain the same tension as between the two male MC in the first one, but let's see where it goes. Intrigue and plot-twists and an even more in-depth characterisation of the female MC could be as interesting!

HikariJake said:
Well holy-f***ing shit, I think I found a series that will satisfy my hunger for an anime that is mature and epic. That was an incredibly awesome and badass episode.

Ermm...you DID watch the first one, right? If not, I urge you to watch it. Indeed, satisfaction guaranteed, if this first episode of the Psycho Pass II was to your liking.
Modified by AnimageNeby, Oct 9, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 10, 2014 7:53 AM
AnimageNeby said:

HikariJake said:

Ermm...you DID watch the first one, right? If not, I urge you to watch it. Indeed, satisfaction guaranteed, if this first episode of the Psycho Pass II was to your liking.

Erm... this is the first season's discussion thread.

Oct 10, 2014 10:10 AM
eduardozrp said:
AnimageNeby said:

Erm... this is the first season's discussion thread.

Jesus christ, you're right! That's why I didn't find my post back! ;-)

Well, that will learn the fanboy in me to be so hasty! :-p

Oct 17, 2014 7:50 PM

Dat beginning scene. We'll get to you some day, Kougami and Makishima!

So we have a newbie named Akane who's on her first mission with the Enforcers.
Lol, Kougami just made the suspect pop. But oh no, Akane just shot Kougami!
Lol, the victim got shot too. Akane now has to think about life.
She needs to fix herself.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Oct 25, 2014 2:33 AM

I can see why this gets recommended so much in the recs section. This was really good. That was one hell of a first case for Akane. How she thought it would be and how it is were completely different like the old dude said it would be.

Nov 19, 2014 5:56 PM

Holy... shit...

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Dec 9, 2014 12:48 PM

That was a really awesome opening episode!

Very Blade Runner like and also Almost Human.

It's always raining in the future though! lol.

Dec 24, 2014 3:20 PM

An amazing for episode for this series and I liked the theme of it.
Psycho-Pass is a world where humans' state of mind and their tendency of their personalities can be quantified, so these measured numbers are used to judge people's souls.... seems cool.
This was interesting..
Modified by sumire-, Dec 24, 2014 3:44 PM

Dec 24, 2014 7:44 PM

Really. I never usually judge a show based on the first episode alone. But with Psycho-Pass, I did and so far, the show has not let me down (as of writing, I'm halfway through Season 1).

The opening intro and the events of the first episode was a thriller comparable to the best Hollywood has to offer. I knew Psycho-Pass was going to be good but it still exceeded my expectations.

Feb 13, 2015 4:56 PM

This reminds me of minority report. It has the computer system that determines if someone will commit a crime, but this isn't as specific. It just says that they're at risk of being a threat to society based off their emotions and threat level. It's interesting and I can see how this could be a dystopian anime.

Jun 3, 2015 6:31 PM

omg why haven't I watched this before, that was an awesome first episode holy fuck.

Jun 5, 2015 9:11 PM

I'm glad I found out about this anime....it's giving me a Minority Report kind of a vibe and I like it! I prefer dark science fiction anime sometimes, especially now that I'm older. Hope to see more!

Jun 18, 2015 7:42 PM
Idk. I Guess im not very fond of futuristic pigs who arrest you for stuff you havent even done yet.

I was hoping itd be more about someone considered like the highest category of psycho running away from the pigs but is actually a decent misunderstood guy. Ill watch another episode, but it isnt as much like Monster like i thought it would be. Its not bad tho at all, maybe just not my taste. Ill see after episode 2

Jul 12, 2015 2:14 AM

I don´t like this world where people is trapped for their traumas

Jul 31, 2015 6:30 PM

Sweet bejeezus! O.O I was not expecting that guy to explode like that! What a mess!

I just picked Psycho-Pass as a new anime for myself to watch because I was in the mood for a more serious and mature experience instead of so much of the goofy and lighthearted stuff I've been watching/reading lately. And I'd say that I accomplished that!

Seems like a very interesting concept, and the city artwork is incredible (but I'm still getting used to the style of the character artwork). Very happy with the main characters so far, especially the rookie Tsunemori with how she stood by her convictions and didn't hesitate to shoot Kougami for disobeying her orders.

I have a feeling this is going to be a mind-blowing series, and a nice change of pace! -- 5/5

Aug 14, 2015 1:07 PM

Haha, she's such a noobie.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Sep 24, 2015 6:31 AM

Impressive first episode.

Explained enough so that you weren't confused, but did not go too deep into the explanations and allowed you gather some of the information for yourself.

Some interesting moral dilemmas and psychological effects already present.
Mirai, zura~!

Oct 29, 2015 6:42 AM

Really nice first ep. I hope they keep it that way *.*

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 28, 2015 2:58 PM

Fire the annoying rookie girl and make the bebop guy the protagonist please

Dec 29, 2015 5:48 AM

Damn. Now that was something.
I really loved the guns and how they transformed according to threats. And that man, damn....wasn't he a retarded piece of shit!
And omg, the way he died. Awesome!
Damn. I'm already in love with the setting. Looking forward.

Jan 4, 2016 5:16 PM

With a setup like this, it should be impossible not to come up with a lot of dicey and questionable situations.

The cast seems good so far! The singer in the intro song sounds like the girl from the intro to Tokyo Ghoul (season 1). But I don't believe it's the same band.

Anyways, on to the next episode!

Jan 6, 2016 9:10 PM

That was a hell of a way to introduce the characters. It was a very emotional opening that reminded me of the Bebop foreshadowed beginning. I also really dug the show running over the credits at both ends for some reason.

Kunizuka didn't do anything but look cool, so hope we get to see more of her soon.

The Enforcers with Akane were the highlight for me with their steadfast "this is just what we do" attitudes. Think this series is a keeper!

Feb 25, 2016 8:59 PM

uuhh I already have this feeling that I'm going to hate the newbie.
Her voice, her way of dealing with things, her moral values that will probably keep getting in the way... Yep, I can definitely feel it.

Very solid 1st episode though...
I can sense the potential, most def.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 9, 2016 6:17 PM

I see the potential I just hope the story develops and this doesn't turn into the boring monster of the day shit.

Mar 11, 2016 2:08 PM
AMAZING! At first I was a little doubtful about this anime, but a friend recommended so I watched the episode. I loved the characters and the action, actually hoping that the history keeps up like this!

Mar 27, 2016 9:38 AM

The female MC is annoying from the start.

Seems sort of cliche right now.

Apr 2, 2016 8:18 AM

While everyone's hating the MC, I just can't stand that edgy one.

That guy was about to kill the victim for no reason, why would anyone think Akane was wrong for shooting him?

Apr 8, 2016 2:41 PM

Great start, I liked the weapon (Dominator), Very similar to Ghost in the Shell:SAC.
Great Episode.

Apr 16, 2016 5:33 AM

Honestly, Akane is currently the only likeable character. I'm not very impressed by the first episode but I'll keep watching the series.

Apr 20, 2016 4:27 PM

Like seriously? This is what I'm getting on first episode? A HanaKana character being a Justice Bitch again? Fuck this char.

He already said it was only paralyzing her just to ask questions. Not killing her or anything. Yet she shot the guy. Goddamn it.

Apr 20, 2016 5:02 PM
DarklordVor said:
Like seriously? This is what I'm getting on first episode? A HanaKana character being a Justice Bitch again? Fuck this char.

He already said it was only paralyzing her just to ask questions. Not killing her or anything. Yet she shot the guy. Goddamn it.

Stopping someone from shooting a victim is being a justice bitch? and she only shot the guy because he was going to kill her.

Apr 20, 2016 7:24 PM

LackofAfro said:
DarklordVor said:

Stopping someone from shooting a victim is being a justice bitch? and she only shot the guy because he was going to kill her.

I was referring to the Justice Bitch from Akame ga Kill (Seryu Ubiquitous). But you were right and I was wrong, I mistakenly thought that the guy was only wanted to paralyze the girl instead of killing her.

Though I stand corrected that her character is a bit annoying, maybe she will develop better in later episodes.

Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »