Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2013 1:19 PM

Aug 2009
It reeled me right in.

But like most here, I too am questioning the justification behind the increase in the victim's Psycho-pass.
Extreme distrubance of emotions or psyche wouldn't asses a character as a lethal criminal, would it?
Apr 8, 2013 10:15 AM

Jan 2008
Good start for the show, will be intersting to see in what direction it will move.

rockappeal said:
It was an interesting episode. But I don't get why did the crime coefficient of the victim increase? Just by being with the criminal it increases? (which makes no sense to me) or it was already high? And why Kougami was intended to shoot the victim in the Lethal mode?

Being kidnapped, violated (maybe raped?) can irreparably damage a person. I would assume the threshold to commit a crime is significantly lowered for such a person. Granted I don't have much of a clue about human psychology, but that would be my assumption.
As for Kougami, as stated by that male inspector (Gino, I think?), the enforcers are hunting dogs. They get their orders by the system or their human superiors and follow those orders. When the criminal coefficient of a person is too high, they will shoot that person. It seemed irrelevant to him whether that was in "lethal" mode or "paralyzer" mode. He was simply doing as he was told.
lr3t2Apr 8, 2013 10:18 AM
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Apr 10, 2013 3:07 AM
Jul 2018

Criminals hunting criminals. Advanced city wherein they rely too much in technology.
A nice start and I can say -- WOW. Ugh, blood. I see blood.
Apr 14, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
I'm really loving this series already. This seems to tap on a very interesting moral subject/question. And I definitely experienced a bit of what Akane was feeling, wondering if this is all really all right. I'm glad she kept the girl from being killed.

Also I am intrigued by what was happening in the beginning. I wonder who these people are and what story they have...
Apr 20, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
man i see why those robots work at keeping people away they look so creepy
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Apr 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
I think Akane handled the situation quite well. Didn't they say those 2 have to do what she says? He wanted to shoot the woman even though Akane said no, so he deserved the paralyzer in my opinion.
She saved the woman's life, I don't see where she was at fault.. only because they don't care about people's lives doesn't mean they are right.

And a supercell ending is all one could ask for. Their songs are definitely top notch in the anime industry. :D
Apr 26, 2013 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
The idea is similar to Minority Report and Person of Interest,sweet
May 2, 2013 6:26 AM

Sep 2011
Seems okay so far. And no wonder why the character design of each characters reminds me of KHR(For instance, Hibari Kyoya and a bit Miura Haru look a likes).

May 25, 2013 7:29 AM

May 2012
Pretty good start I must say, I rather like the setting and the characters seem interesting as well, what I really found a nice touch to it was the weapon! Lets see what the story has to offer!
Jun 9, 2013 6:01 PM
Jun 2013
The crime co-efficient system is incredibly flawed. It is not only slow it is incredibly limited in the factors it takes into account. It seems to only factor is a person's bio-signs as a justification to kill and a person can be influenced by a great number of factors.
I think it was intentionally shown to us that the system is obviously flawed but yet the characters did not question it at all, except for Akane. Maybe trying to say that they are so reliant on the system that they don't think for themselves.
And then there's the 'kill the victim' part at the end, it seems the system punishes you for being human. And the only realistic way for a person to never have immoral thoughts is if they are completely sheltered from the world and has never had to deal with real world problems.
Jun 17, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
My goodness what a great episode!

First thing that struck me was the beautiful animation. The city shown at night with neon lights is a view I love seeing – it actually reminded me of the city in Akira. Production I.G did a great job with it.

The characters are also very likable. Kougami I already know will be a great main character just from his personality. Also, I know that cutie’s voice anywhere – Hanazawa Kana is playing Tsunemori! I didn’t know this before I started so it was a nice surprise.

The story looks very interesting – even more so that they’re using the same kind of ‘criminals’ to hunt others. It’s interesting to see already that this system of judging others is not perfect. The victim was cleared for the paralyzer probably due to shock and other factors but then was elevated to lethal status. This lasted not more than a minute and then she was cleared back to paralyze – fit to return to society. I haven’t been this excited for an action-y anime in a while. I’m sure there’s gonna be some psychological undertones throughout.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 20, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome first episode, looking forward to how good the rest of the episodes will be :)
Jul 8, 2013 1:13 AM

Dec 2012
Why did I put this off for so long? That was a hell of a first episode, definitely looking forward to this series now.
Jul 8, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2010
Very interesting, however at the beginning I was abit confused!

I don't like Akane for some reason . . . I'm not sure why I just. Don't like her~
Jul 28, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting concept, kind of expect this from gen urobuchi.
Jul 29, 2013 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
Akane didn't shoot Shinya, she paralysed him and the victim didn't get killed, she too got paralysed - why are you guys saying they both got killed? o.o Anyway I love the idea of this anime taking away the whole "innocent until proven guilty" aspect from this fictional community is a brilliant and heart wrenching idea. After one episode I've given it 9/10 which could progress to 10/10 further on.
Aug 28, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
dat level of animation .. what sorcery is this
Aug 31, 2013 8:19 PM
May 2013
The series wastes no time in confirming that indeed the law enforcement is just as bad as the criminals that they go after.

My thoughts at the end of the episode: They want an explanation behind her actions in her report? Well how about "We're in a fucking dystopia, and I'm the only one here that doesn't think of everything as black and white!"

The end credits scene was phenomenal btw, letting us know just how alone the main character is.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Sep 1, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2012
What the heck? What is wrong with everyone here saying that they hate Akane?

I completely agree with what she did in that situation. Most people would have been confused or shock if they were in her shoes. To suddenly have to eliminate or capture the hostage just because her mentality became unstable is barbaric.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 16, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
great 1st ep
i like the concept

TonyC1994 said:
What the heck? What is wrong with everyone here saying that they hate Akane?

I completely agree with what she did in that situation. Most people would have been confused or shock if they were in her shoes. To suddenly have to eliminate or capture the hostage just because her mentality became unstable is barbaric.
you cant be in shock
and then shoot someone the next second lol
jnw93Sep 16, 2013 4:49 PM
Oct 11, 2013 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

bastek66 said:
Nice gun

I agree!

Anime series that re-see with great pleasure, after learning of an imminent so the second season. Also because it's on TV in my country and the video quality and truly exceptional, now. Plot that starts spiagando briefly how the company behaves with respect to crime and how to fight it, some would say too little, almost makes you want to scream: I want more, man!
Narration crude and ruthless, seems to see a massacre, although the context seems to be to have a picnic with friends! XD
Design and animations good, bright colors! Opening and ending very beautiful!
Oct 27, 2013 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
at least very interesting...
akanes character reminds me of common shounen heroes, to save everyone including the enemies...
though the victim here is really a victim

what i really like is that a machine is deciding for you who you can kill or not. this of corse leads to lots of question from my side:
the guy who died in this episode, if he wasnt screened and chased by the police, would he just live a normal life? also the victim here got dragged in because of the guy, nearly get herself killed in action, does this mean everyone isnt safe from it? and what about guys which the computer cant decide on that it is a criminal? o_o

also, who is the other dude in the beginning, the antagonist?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 9, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2012
decided to watch this only because of EGOIST performed the ED songs, but turned out it was pretty good episode.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 27, 2013 6:30 AM

May 2011
Really loving all the terminology being used, and of course the concept/system of their society. Visuals and sound/Seiyuu are top-notch too, and characters are interesting. I have high hopes for this series.
Nov 28, 2013 11:13 PM

Jul 2009
finally i'm watching this now on blu ray :)

man so many people commenting here!! pretty amazing episode i must say :D

the opening scene with the city reminded me Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. the world is really advance and very technological.

i love how the gun can change to either lethal or non-lethal depending on the target and it even locks the gun if it was some civilian.

though it pretty certain that the technology can be abused if someone managed to hack the system.

and wow so stress can be a factor if someone can no longer be saved due to its madness?

i'm interested on how you can determine if someone is a criminal and no longer fit for the society.

i knew Akane was voiced by Kana Hanazawa!!! i didn't hear her special sound, but towards the end i knew it was her!

looks like this has tons of potential, especially set in these kind of world which i love ^^

i expect alot of amazing things from Psycho-Pass ^^
Dec 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm interesting anime, I like the concept so far. Reminds me a bit of Ghost Shell even though I didn't see that one (well 3-4episodes a few years ago :D).
Going to watch this one though so far it doesn't feel like something I would watch :).
Dec 20, 2013 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that was in my opinion, an excellent episode. Why? It's simple, it explaned everything we had to know about the context. The case wasn't anything extraordinary, but it showed us pretty much every character mentallity and their degree of obedience.

Oh, and those robot have some creepy face xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 22, 2013 12:54 AM

Sep 2013
well op use in action scene and like the ed song in this episode
Dec 26, 2013 11:20 PM
Nov 2013
This was great, a solid 9/10 for me, with potential to become a 10/10. Really like the overall vibe and atmosphere, all of the characters that were introduced, the visual style, the lack of censorship, and the soundtrack. My only problem with this episode was Akane's exclamation of "You'd shoot a person who hasn't even committed a crime yet?" (paraphrasing). If she was at the top of her class, she should have been prepared for this, considering it is the basis of the organisation and she wrote a thesis on the subject of people being susceptible to that sort of thing.
Dec 27, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2012
Hory shit that was good.
Dec 28, 2013 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
So the new series(for me)...Anime Psycho-Pass seems promising one.I really liked the first episode.Never watched a detective story before,this is my first time.I guess dark themes are usually preferred in this kind of stories.Because the future didn't draw a good enviroment in my mind from this anime's percpective.
Dec 30, 2013 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
PrinceHeir said:
the opening scene with the city reminded me Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. the world is really advance and very technological.

That's what I thought too! Especially the credits with all the blue/green lighting like that is so Ghost in the Shell:SAC.

I this Kougami guy is pretty cute, I have a feeling from the beginning of episode that it's going to be mostly him. Mmmhm he is scrumptious though! He kind of reminds me of Spike but with a more mysterious and cruel undertone.
Dec 30, 2013 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
Interesting world, everything's determined by their system based on the individual's current state of mind. Seems very flawed to me, definitely going to bring lots of trouble in the future.
Jan 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2013
This is cool.
Jan 3, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2012
Def. gives that GITS and Cowboy Bebop vibes

which makes a very fucking boring series

brb transformable guns and generic characters

not to mention another typical lead female with 'let's protect everyone' mentality + down syndrome eyes

gore in the end semi-saved it though

5/10 (no troll)
Jan 13, 2014 9:48 PM

Dec 2013
This episode gave me a good first impression of the anime. It took me almost a month to finally give this show a go.
Feb 13, 2014 6:43 PM

Sep 2013
what an intense start to the series
think i'm rly gonna enjoy this :-)
Feb 17, 2014 8:52 PM
Apr 2011
Wow.What a beginning episode, it literally breezed through. I'm not used to watching explicit and dark anime like this, but I'm not opposed to it.

Really intrigued by the dystopic world setting.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Feb 19, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
Well, there we go with my first rewatch, and I´ll try to speak about every ep. of this EPIC series.

The intro, as I remembered it, is a great flashfoward so we can meet the main antagonist and one of the main protagonist. What a couple of bad-ass bastards...

The introduction of the cahracters is good, with the rain, the noise...We have a introduction to SYBIL and the Dominators, whom will be key pieces on the future. The logic of the characters...I don´t really hate Akane, as other people said. Yeah, it´s a bit annoying, but it´s a nice contrast to the rest of the roster, who are more cold and fast-trigger people.

10/10 episode as an introduction. Let´s see if this anime can keep the 10 I gave to it with the 1st watch.
Mar 4, 2014 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
1. love the intense / serious mood with great ost

2. watching the english dub and it's dam gud

3. already sucked in from the very beginning. definitely gonna enjoy this one

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
Wow really loved the first episode, the amount of gore really surprised me there.
Apr 6, 2014 9:41 PM
Jun 2013
well the first episode did a good job in giving us a taste of the world we are in.It seemes being stressed out=aresst or death in this world witch is crazy since humans are always stressed out about something. Also it shows the system kinda sucks since she was able to relax the girl enough that she put her back in taz section instead of blow her up section.im also digging the OP and ED.
Apr 14, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Whoa, that was AWSOME.
This has been on-hold for about a year now, so I had to restart xD
BUT BOY AM I GLAD I DECIDED TO WATCH THIS AGAIN,
The OP and ED is just wow.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 28, 2014 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
yes yes yes its exciting..........it gives me feel thats its going to be something.........i hope every ep is like this or more awsm.........we have got another...........gonna save them all but over all it look interesting..............Zura va........
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 30, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
that was a really good first episode! I think I will enjoy it very much !!! :D
May 5, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2012
Wow! Awesome anime so far~!
The very first scene confused me, though....hopefully it'll explain the beginning later on? x3

Umm....futuristic type of setting going on! I loved the type of guns they had....so cool! And the way the rooms changed to the design you want, cool! Everything else was pretty awesome. :3

So far, I'm really enjoying this anime! Woot! x3 Glad I'm watching it. :3
May 5, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
rickywolfy said:
Wow! Awesome anime so far~!
The very first scene confused me, though....hopefully it'll explain the beginning later on? x3

Umm....futuristic type of setting going on! I loved the type of guns they had....so cool! And the way the rooms changed to the design you want, cool! Everything else was pretty awesome. :3

So far, I'm really enjoying this anime! Woot! x3 Glad I'm watching it. :3

It does get explained later on, so don't worry about that.
May 9, 2014 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
Damn man the music in this anime is awesome
May 25, 2014 9:07 PM

Feb 2013
rewatching

There is no gore-censoring on my BDs =D
Surprisingly, the dub isn't half bad... though I'll still stick to subs.

Excellent introduction episode. Full of suspense and very intense.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.